Pathogen: Surviving the Seasons

Which Season would you like to start off?

• Summer

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Fall

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Winter

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Spring

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
L

Lonewolf888978

Original poster
6d6e4082f41d53f2f54d366f5e6117b3.jpg

On July 6th, 2017 the first major case of the Sanguineous Terrestris, or now commonly called "Blood Bugs" appearing in the United States. A town in Vermont went under quarantine as the government went into action. Overnight half the towns population was rendered dead or dying. Less than a quarter was considered alive and immune to the virus, while the other quarter was kept under wraps. Word didn't get out of the mutations the Blood Bugs did to certain individuals. Increased physical attributes and lose of intelligence. No better than feral animals as the Bugs deteriorate the brain, while fueling muscles. The teeth of these mutants adapted to fierce jaws of sharp teeth, perfect for tearing flesh. These hosts of the parasites quickly hunted down the survivors of quarantine before trying to escape the quarantine.
It was believed to infect animals and humans alike, and soon it spread across the country. Before scientist had knowledge of the parasitic worm that lived inside the host, thousands were dead in the states alone. Third world countries in Central and South America conditions were much worse, and soon it was world wide. Finally a break through was received by a team of scientist in Asia

Blood Types
Blood types O+ and O- were prime host for the Blood Bugs, and they quickly adapted into the mutants that roam the world today.
Blood Types A and B - weren't mutated, and were treatable with medication.
Blood Types A and B + Untreatable, and didn't mutate.

Blood Types AB+ and AB- Blood Bugs died in host, and host received minor side effects such as headaches and chills.

By then it was too late. The majority of third world countries were in chaos, and the United States was in no better condition. The ground zero sight became a hive for the Bugs, and through birds and other wild life spread rapidly. In a final effort to preserve life, the government funded cruises and other large boats to carry anyone not infected off the mainland. Those that were found infected were either turned away, or killed.

Two years later and the worlds no better. Any attempt the US has made on reclaiming the land has failed, and those that remain struggle to survive. Will you?

To elaborate more on this roleplay
The Name
I plan on and hoping for having multiple run throughs of this roleplay with a small group of people, each roleplay having a break inbetween so us players wont get burnt out. Seasons also literally means the season the setting of the current roleplay takes place, the starting one being voted on above, and then the each following through out a full year. For example, the initial roleplay will be called Pathogens: Falling Leaves, hinting Fall would be the current season. The following will be Winter, so on and so on.

The Players
I'm hoping for 3-5 (including me) fun people to craft a story with! I want us to be able to work together and have fun as we enjoy writing in a world we create together.
That being said, this isn't a jump in, so I expect atleast one post every two days, if not more so. The length of the post should also hopefully be more than a few lines, and if you get stuck or need an idea to increase the length of a post, they shouldn't be afraid to ask!

The Setting
The initial setting will be set in a fictional town called Grayhaven, a medium size urban landscape in the middle of Georgia. Multiple evacuation zones dot the surround the city, along with a few within the city. The outskirts of Grayhaven get more rural with small farms and forest surrounding the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elaborating (Continued)
The Infected
The three types of infected include:
Critical Infestation
Include Positive and Negative O blood types, the initial 24 hours after infection leads to high fevers, chest and stomach pains, splitting migraines, before going unconscious. The following day you start to lose hair, muscle activity and blood flow increases. Your brain starts deteriorating, and by the third day they have no knowledge of a past life, and only of that of a feral beast.
Quietus Infestation
Include A and B positive blood types. After infection leads to high fevers, chest and stomach pains, splitting migraines, before going unconscious. The following day you start to lose hair, muscle activity and blood flow decreases, and soon the brain deteriorates to almost nothing.
Treatable Infestation
Include A and B negative blood types. The first 24 hours leads to a mild fever, and dull pains throughout the body. The second day the pain increases, fever and cold sweats occur. The body weakens and by the third day all hopes of medication working is slim. Within a week death is certain.

The Mutants
The minds of infected a no better than a feral wolf. The Blood Bugs turn the host into monsters capable of consuming other life forms, to fuel its life longer. They have a high pain tolerance, increased smell and hearing, and increased muscle activity. They also go blind, relaying on their other senses too hunt their prey.
Though its common to find a single infected, they often hunt in packs of 4-5, and in rare cases 10 or more. Often following the lead of an alpha or two, depending on the size of the pack.
Alphas are similar to mutants in size, though they tend to keep spots of hair on their head, and they're veins are often bulging with blood.

Any and all questions are welcome, and please if you're interested vote up above! ^_^

Reactions: Dreams_of_Dusk
I mean, I already voted and liked it and all, but...yeah, I've been craving a good apocalypse roleplay :3

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Glad to hear it! I'll push this OOC into over time for everyone. Glad to have some interest.

This looks seriously interesting.

This seems interesting.. hmmm