Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I just realized I forgot to buy bullets. Some gunslinger I am.

Wait, can I say my character crafted his starting bullets instead of buying them?

@Jovian

Finally got the banner uploaded, it just needs to be approved and put into rotation.

Hopefully we pull some folks in then. I'm trying to get stuff started up with organization, at least a little. This will be my first time running a forum thing like this so I don't know how well I'll do. I can barely handle my local group sometimes, so it's gonna be interesting. XD

@Silver I literally JUST realized you had a character thrown in. This forum grew in page number since I was last able to get on here and I skimmed WAY too much apparently. Good thing I was going through it to make sure I didn't miss anyone by accident!

Anyway, I'm going to say your family is pretty much the only rich family in the town. You can give me a backstory based on that if you want. They might be successors of the original settlers several hundred years ago, or maybe your grandparents or great-grandparents were the ones who started the town (elves live quite a while). However if you want a different story for how your family got their money, I'm totally open to it. Just know you're going to be THE rich family.

If anyone else ends up taking the rich family trait, I'll come up with a different sort of story with the families in regards to how they fit with the town based on the two characters' backstories.

As for the question of forum or dice box... I'm open to either. If we want to have a once or twice a week meet up at a certain time for the dice box, I'm game. But I figured it might be easier on players if there were varying time zones and availability to just have it be forum based. This is completely up for discussion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Silver
It's fine, I figured the page jump would cause a little confusion. This may or may not be my first time actually playing though(it depends on if my friend and I run our game before this one or not), so we'll both be trying something new!

Question, do I need to make a separate sheet for my animal companion? or just make a note of his stat thingies somewhere?

Forum base would go easier on everyone's timezones. Or we could do both. If everyone just happens to be on, jump over to the dicebox and sum up the session in a post here and then keep doing it on the forum when we aren't all on.

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Orina Sylvirleaf, green
Name:
Orina Sylvirleaf

Class:
Hunter Level 1

Appearance:
Orina stands at an easy 6'1 with a tall, thin frame that has just enough of a curve to look almost delicate. Her flesh is a soft ivory in color. The warm brown waves reach her midback and is most often worn back in a tight braid. However a few strands always seems to escape around her ears. Her ears are long and pointed, like typical elves. Her eyes are the color of pine needles. There aren't many scars on the girls body. but there is one across her left hip, one on her right forearm and another on her right ankle.

Height: 6'1

Body Type:
Tall and thin

Orina has a small family, composing of one set of grandparents and her parents. After she was born her mother was no longer able to conceive. Her family roots rest in nobility from an old long destroyed elven community from the deep woods of the north. Orinas grandfather was the first to settle in the small valley and as the years passed, others began to settle there as well. At first, it was primarily elves, then slowly the number of elves was dwarfed by the number of humans…Which led to half elves. Then other races started to settle in until the small town had a varied community. Orinas grandfather is considered the founder of the town, but he never took a position of authority. Although their name is no longer considered nobility, the family has recovered it’s wealth from the times beyond the small town.

Being the only child, she grew up surrounded by the love of her small family. She was spoiled, but at the same time she was expected to carry on the traditions and teachings of the family. Her grandfather used to be a warrior before he retired after their original community fell. However, he's taught her how to use an elven curved blade. Her father began teaching her how to use the bow and her grandmother would lecture and show her some druid magic. She learned the sword because she knew she had to. But she loved the feel of the bow in her hand ad she loved the closeness that she felt with the world around her when she was with her father and grandmother. She didn't know it yet, but these early experiences would decide her future as a hunter.

She aged and grew in the manor at the edge of the woods. She learned the basics that any child should, and she learned the lore of her people. When she reached age, her mother did at least try to teach her some of her own artisan skills. But Orina never took to it like she did when the rest of her family taught her. But she helped around in the shop and learned to play nice with others. Finally, after she became a young adult, she and her mother threw in the towel. Orina switched over to learning from her father and grandmother again in more detail while she helped her mother run the store. However, whenever she was pressed to decide between ranger and druid, she never could choose between the two. Then she settled on not settling and pursued becoming a hunter, and what she saw, as the best of both worlds.

Orina had met her animal companion before he ever became her companion. Gethin was a pup of Aleria, her grandmother's own animal companion. Orina has known Gethin since he was a pup, and has played with him just as much; she even helped name the black furball. Gethin and Orina have always been fond of each other, and when it came time to take an animal companion it didn't surprise her grandmother one bit when the companion turned out to be Gethin.

The night she had the dream, she knew it was time. She'd been waiting to begin her own journey like her family before her and she decided that the dream was her cue. However, she was hesitant, she had a feeling that the journey would not be hers alone. The silhouettes from the dream courtyard almost seemed to taunt her. She never grew up close to anyone her age group. Even among elves, she kept to herself mostly and the thought of depending on others worries her.

Personality:
Orina is, polite and not unfriendly. However she is like most of her race, somewhat aloof when she looks at other races. She remembers sadness in her family's eyes whenever they spoke of a friends passing. Orina knows that if nothing manages to kill her, she'll live for a long time and she's hesitant about befriending most races because of it. She doesn't want to experience that same sorrow. But once someone gets past her aloofness, they'll find a caring, but bossy girl who just wants to explore the world. Orina is often hesitant, preferring to be safe than sorry in most situations. Orina loves music and to dance, but doesn’t know how to currently play any instruments herself. But she greatly appreciates having it around. However, she’s shy about dancing and won’t often do it unless she thinks she’s alone. Perhaps it’s bias, but she expects anyone from her town to obviously be the best at what they do. This high expectation sometimes unnerves anyone who gets close enough to see it. She’s also very independent and hates to look weak in front of anyone and she strives to hold herself to the same expectation she holds the rest of the townsfolk to. Growing up the only child of a rich family has left the girl sheltered and used to getting her way on most occasions. While she dosen’t expect to get her way like she did among her kin. She does expect others to at least work with her or give her a reason as to why they won’t. But there will be times where the world outside of her village, and how the people in that world react to her, will just throw her for a loop.

Other:
Her animal companion is a large black timer wolf named Gethin.

Sheet:
Orina: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1073896
Gethin: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1080619

Last edited by a moderator:
You can make a stat block of him if you prefer. I probably don't actually need it, but it won't hurt to have it listed somewhere. Mostly just make sure you can access him. I can look up a wolf (pretty sure I remember that's what your companion was) pretty easily so it won't matter that much if you don't make one, since I've looked extensively into ranger in the past. If the hunter brings new stuff to the companion, though, make sure you note that for sure even if it's just a quick post here just to make sure I'm aware of it. I think it's the same as the ranger companion, you just get it at first level instead of fourth.

I want at least two more before I get the game going. I might still take a player or two after we start, but really four is a good number for me as a new DM/GM with this.

@Silver Would your friend like to join us as well?

Okay, I am a regular player of Pathfinder so I may be able to help you out a little if you need help. But I have quite a few questions for you. First, what is the minimum amount you must post in order to be accepted into the role play. Two, how would the Dming work in this essence, will you be posting general information or be acting as the NPCs? Third, will we be using dice and if so will it work with the D20 system? Is there a house rules for Ability Scores, like no less than x, or re-roll ones or twos? Will we check off skills like normal or will each of our characters be able to do it to some extent?

Also, sorry I forgot to add this, do we all start in the same town or do we all start in towns that are made like the description in the first post?

Not the DM, just the guy who made the banner. However, I can answer a few of your questions. We're playing with 25 point buy and from what I understand, we're all from the same town. Mind me asking what you're going to play as?

A 25 buy system for skills or for ability modifier? And I would be playing as a gnome or elven rogue.

A half-elf gunslinger who speaks five languages, an elven hunter with rich parents, and a gnomish rogue walk into a bar...

Please let there be one fourth person who says, "I'll play healer!".

25 point ability score buy. Skill ranks are determined by your class, not by the point buy.

1. Posting requirements are preferably once every two days, but twice a week minimum is about all I can handle.

2. For the most part I'll be doing the setting stuff, baddies, NPCs... I do have a character that will be joining you, but she's not much of a fighter.

3. We will be using dice. There is a built in dice function for the forum, or you can do rolls in the dice box and copy-paste them into your post. I'll be able to go back and check the logs for that so long as you include the time stamp for your dice box rolls. If you don't, I will assume your rolls are the worst possible and you will not like what I do to you.

4. Skills will be used like normal, but it will rely on you guys too. Like, if you know that you're walking into a place you've never been in then you can roll Perception just to make sure it's covered. If we're talking about climbing a cliff, make sure there's a climb check roll.

Does that stuff make sense?

You know, I don't think I've ever learned to use the built in dice roll.

I literally have never used it myself. But I finally figured it out recently.

After you post, at the bottom right corner there's a "more options" clickable thing, right?
That will give you the dice rolls.

They will not show up in the edit screen either if you need to update your post. :)

Yup! It's an interesting little addition. I don't blame anyone if they want to use the Dice Box for their rolls though.

1. Is there a set amount you want us to write, one paragraph, two?

2. What about ability modifiers, do you have any house rules for them?

3. Are you going to make a guild to hold all the information in? If so would there be a dice thread that way we can know what we get before we submit our post?

4. Otherwise, it all sounds like normal game-play to me. Sorry for asking so many questions. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.