Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is going to be a hyper active shrimp *nods* but I thought we needed a less intense character. She will prank the hell out of everyone! I was going to arm her with itching powder but she ran out of moneies.

True, a laugh among the group is always useful. Something less serious in personality, is always welcomed.

Reactions: Silver
[fieldbox=The Wanderer, darkred]Name: Deos Fulmen Ambrosius
Race: Suli
Class: Warlord
Hair: Black
Eyes: Silver
Personality: Calm typically, though he does tend to react drastically to different things. He has a fondness for gambling, and making bets, and normally does what he wants to. He'll do what he believes is necessary, even if it's not necessarily the most 'good' thing to do.
Rough History: The child of a travelling gypsy caravan, the son of the chief, and like his father, a Suli. Unlike most Suli, Deos' line is cursed, or blessed, depending on who is asked, to only breed Suli, regardless of any other qualities or traits the partner might have. He trained with his family as an acrobat, and as a healer, though he preferred playing with his guitar, even if he was rarely given the time to practice. When he was seventeen, his caravan was attacked by a group of bandits calling themselves The Black Moon Clan.

As the only survivor, Deos took what he could from the caravan, which all things considered, wasn't much, and left, training himself to fight, using what he had learned as a child. Combining his knowledge of the critical points in the body with his acrobatic capabilities, Deos wandered from town to town, doing what he could where he could, and essentially trying to survive and get stronger. Until then, he goes from town to town gambling, trying to make enough money to get by. Still, since the loss of his people, he finds it difficult to focus with comrades around him.
Other: He keeps with him a silver, featureless mask that only has slots for eyes.
Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=139383[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Silver
Sorry about the shortness. Also, cool character, Req.

It's quite alright, I don't mind it. Can't always give lengthy responses, especially with certain character personalities.

Sorry for my absence. I get emails and go "oh, I have new things to see!" and then by the time I get to a computer I'm like "bleach! i want to watch!" and forget all else.

Anyway, I skimmed most of the new posts so if I fail to mention anything let me know.

@Bismarck If you have flaws, give me the list and I'll let you know if you gain a third trait. Otherwise, only two traits. The third is only if there's a flaw that is big enough that you can have a third one. Really, a third trait is based on my judgement of a flaw or drawback.

@Requiem Normally I'm a stickler on 3rd party resources, but I have to say Warlord is an interesting class. Considering Aldran will be leaving when the party leaves, one more fighting type will be a benefit since we are also gaining another somewhat healing type. And your race is new to me to see played, so I'm gonna let the character join. I'd like to see how things roll with it, to be honest.

That's sort of my GM style. If something comes up that seems interesting, I'm likely to let it slide rules be damned or just because I want to see how the story with the characters runs too. Suli isn't a typical race seen, similarly to the kitsune, and even half-orcs are a lot more common, so how things are played out can be fun and exciting.

And Bediviere is a cleric that as of right now does not fight.

Oh yeah, and as for healing.... All wounds are healed by morning. If an NPC is healing, don't bother rolls right now for healing. If we weren't resting for the night too, I'd say yes roll it, but there's a long rest involved so everyone will have full health by morning.

TRAITS
Courageous:
Your childhood was brutal, but you persevered through force of will and faith. No matter how hard things got, you knew you'd make it through as long as you kept a level head.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
Axe to Grind:There is a fire in your heart that can't be quenched.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage against foes who are threatened by only you.
Inspiring Rush:
Your charge inspires nearby companions to new heights of daring.
Benefits: Once per day when you make a charge attack, you gain a +1 trait bonus on both your attack and damage rolls, as do any allies who make a charge attack before the beginning of your next turn.

FLAWS
Dyslexia:
Although you learned to read and write, reading can be difficult, and writing is commonly misspelled.
Prerequisite: You must be literate.
Effect: You take a -4 penalty on Decipher Script and Forgery checks. Classes that use a spellbook take twice as long to prepare spells.
Deadly Strength:
No matter what your character's intentions are, your attacks always cause lethal damage... even with your fists.
Effect: You may not chose to deal nonlethal damage. Attacks you make with weapons that cause nonlethal damage, including unarmed strikes, must be made to deal lethal damage instead. If you attack a creature you must make it lethal. When handling fragile things you must role 1D20 +strength bonus and if you get more then 10 you break it. Less then 10 you don't break it. You must do this every time you handle a fragile object
Fearless:
Your courage and overconfidence are extreme to the point of foolhardiness.
Effect: You cannot use the withdraw or total defense actions.
Pride:
No matter the odds, you refuse to retreat from battle due to your overwhelming pride and honor.
Effect: During combat, if you move further away from all enemies you are aware of, willingly or otherwise, you become shaken. This effect lasts until you move adjacent to an enemy in combat (even if this isn't until some time later).

This the complete list of flaws, traits, etc. That I have elected to take. if you agree with it, good. If not, I'll take away whatever you wish.

Sorry about how short it is, couldn't quite figure out how to write myself in

@Majem would you like Belros to run into Asha? I don't want to leave you out and I kind of feel like we are.

Was kind of waiting for some sort of reaction from Jovian. You don't need to have a pity run-in, I'm fine. The sooner we can get the plot going, the better I'd say. But thank you for the concern.

@Taco Mako make a character and send it to me or post it here. I'll let you know with that.

@Bismarck given the amount and type of flaws, as well as the type of traits, three traits is accepted based on a role play perspective. You better play it well.

I'm waiting for morning and the group to come to the hotel at this point. If you have things you want to do, do them, and come morning I'll proceed with plot.

All characters introduced at the time of morning will need to have the knowledge to meet Bediviere at the hotel.

Aldran will not be continuing on the journey with you all. He was merely an aid and a filler on the chance no one else joined in. Since it seems like we have 5 characters for sure, possibly another joining now, and one that I have to recheck for continued interest... I believe we have more than enough players that my war priest can retire back to his level 9 self for my local games. Lol

Are the character sheets on the first page updated? what's the party composition? are there any major reservations against paladins?

Well I don't remember the composition by heart. However I believe it is a barbarian, a warblade, a ranger, and a cleric currently. So I doubt we'd have anything against a paladin.

I don't think I have completely updated the first page character list. We currently have a warlord, Oracle, Hunter, barbarian, and fighter for players, as well as an NPC cleric that doesn't fight. I have nothing against paladins so long as the players have no problem with it.

I mean, I have a personal problem with Paladins, but it's a personal problem, I've no issues with anything anyone plays (Except Synthesist Summoners, because no.)

Status
Not open for further replies.