Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fourth one, but I won't say I'll play healer, unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hey, Jovian, what is your character going to be if not a fighter?

I'd like a paragraph (meaning minimum of five sentences) for posts. You shouldn't have much of a problem with it, I wouldn't think.

No house rules about modifiers, just the typical rules. Your score-10 and divided by 2, round down (ex. 17 is a 3 modifier).

Minimum base (meaning before racial mods) for the ability scores is 7 and max is 18.

I can make a group if that would make life easier for you guys. Game and everything can be in that, so long as the groups have the dice roll option too. I'll test that out and let y'all know. Groups don't have the dice rolls that posts have. Again, we can use Dice Box if that's a major issue.

The player I'm making is a Skald, and she is afraid of fighting and getting blood on her hands, but she will help others. Her back story will remain a mystery until we get started and you meet her though. [Mwahahahaha!!!] Let's just say that despite not liking to fight, she will have the ability to fight when necessary and she has sufficient reason for being with the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably just made the best damage-dealing member of our group by making him or her a Half-Orc fighter.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=72468

Name: Belros Urthadar
Class: Fighter level 1
Appearance:
half_orc_by_thatdman-d59h9tf.jpg
Height: 6'10
Weight: 260lbs
Background:

Belros was born to a single human mother, Lorena, who received pity for having to have birthed a bastard son. While the rest of town looked at the boy with disgust, his mother loved him dearly. She did her best trying to integrate him into town by taking him everywhere, though this usually resulted in rocks being thrown at him by other kids whenever she wasn't looking. He wasn't allowed to do anything about this, because Lorena feared they'd take him away should he ever lash out.

But one day, he did lash out. As he was hiding behind his mother to avoid any objects thrown at him, he saw the attention wasn't on him. Instead, the bullies targeted a small boy wearing tattered clothes, who didn't have a mother to protect him. Being fed up with these bullies, Belros took it upon himself to protect the boy. He charged the group of bullies with a fearsome shout, throwing two of them to the floor and knocking a third unconscious before standing over the boy, who had curled up into a ball at this point, to protect him.
While the townsfolk liked him less at this point, he did gain a single friend that day. A friend that looked up to him and, inspired by Belros' act of kindness, decided he'd protect the innocent from harm just like the half-orc did for him.

Years passed and things were finally looking up. To see Darrel, a human child, and Belros play along so cheerfully made the rest feel more at ease with the half-orc, too. His mother was happy to see her son finally enjoying life. But happiness wasn't meant to last for Belros. When the two spotted a thief robbing someone, Belros convinced Darrel to assault him, rather than alert the guards. The two snuck up and jumped the thief, who threw them both off, stabbed Darrel and ran away. From that day, Belros fell into a depression and rarely left home anymore.

At the age of 16, his mother had fallen ill. Bedridden, she wasn't able to care for her child, so it was up to her son to make a living. By now, the boy had become taller than most, his skin pale and his hair long enough to easily cover his pointed ears. His small tusks and thick skin were the only things that seemed orcish about him at this point, but it wasn't unsettling enough to deny him as a strong workforce. Belros took any and all jobs he could, just to provide for him and his mother.

In time, the people grew less wary of Belros, but this wasn't the case the other way around. Watchful and always on guard, he lived his life doing tedious and hard work. His watchfulness and distrust of strangers helped him catch a pickpocket red-handed. With Darrel's death in mind, Belros restrained the thief by grabbing his arms, then called for help. The man tried to escape for a second, but froze in fear after staring into Belros' stern gaze. Realizing his potential, the guards offered him a position, which he accepted gladly.

At 22, his mother died of her illness, leaving him alone in this world.

Personality: While Belros does not trust most strangers, he will not hesitate to help those he thinks too weak to help themselves. He will slowly open up if you're nice, but he himself will make no effort to befriend anyone. He's not afraid to show he's not to be messed with, if his physique doesn't do that for him.
Rarely talking with anyone has left him slow and awkward in social situations, but he doesn't seem to mind much. Preferring to let actions speak, Belros will never break any laws, nor let anyone else do so, no matter how close they are. To him, evil actions are a sign of true weakness, which his orcish mindset will not allow.

Profession: Town Guard

@Jovian
Hey two things, one where do I find the character sheet on the myth weaver site? Second of all, the Paizo buy system is working really weird, it is not just allowing us to take 25 points, it sometimes is subtracting three.

@Jovian
This is what I have so far. Do you want me to roll for gold or go with the average 140 gold that they said? Do we buy all of our stuff or do we start out with something? Am I missing anything. XD
Also I will be gone for a few days so I might not reply right away.

That's how the point buy works. As you go higher with the amount of points put into a skill, the cost of that number goes up. So 13 is 3 points, but 14 is 5. Or something like that - I can't always keep track of that, which is why I rely on ability score calculators.

Average starting gold is what you start with, so if the average is 140 then that's what you have to spend on equipment and supplies.

Myth-weavers requires an account and as soon as you log in there should be a "Sheets" tab somewhere in the middle of the top area of the site. You can use either sheets option, and make sure you choose the Pathfinder layout for it.

@Tarot Did you have a profession in mind for what role in town you'd have? This is just for the sake of my opening post.

The way play works for this is, I will be relying on you to have the rolls for any actions you are doing that end up being something you cannot determine the result of without my information. For combat, there will be no initiative round like a tabletop version of the game. If I mention that the place is guarded by six people outside, and you decided to sneak up on them and roll your stealth, attack, and damage, I will give you the reaction of the people you were sneaking up on.

A short explanation for @Majem (as well as the rest of you, I'm just singling him out because this is literally his first time ever playing Pathfinder) - This does not run quite like a tabletop version. The skills are typically something that a DM asks for after players say something like "I look around the room to find anything of value." Then they are asked to roll Perception, and the DM explains it. For this, if your character looks through a room you will have that in your post, and there will be a roll included in that post. If you tell me you want to know if you you have the knowledge of a creature's name that I have described, then you will tell me in your post that you are looking for that information and roll me a Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (planes), Knowledge (religion) and Knowledge (arcana) if you have a check on any of those skills. I will then tell you anything you would know about the creature based on the scores.

If you don't know when a skill would be useful, you can check the Skill Descriptions to determine whether that skill would be needed for your post or not. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory, but I also know that sometimes it's hard to figure out for sure. I'll let you know if there are any rolls missing, though.

For combat, have this skimmed over in case you need to know how it works. Obviously things won't work out the way a tabletop game does, but knowing how combat usually pans out will help you to know what to put in your post.

If this makes no sense to you, I can try to explain when we get to situations. If I need dice rolls, I will post here and have you add them to your posts before I put in what the response was. There will be a lot of learning on both our parts for this so there will probably be a lot of trial and error at the beginning.

Also, a side note - I'm a sucker for roleplay, so if you describe your actions well based on your roll (typically better than 10 means you did decent, 20 means you were amazing, and 1 means you failed miserably) then I may be willing to overlook some rolls because the action is awesome.

This explains how to do dice rolls in the forums. I will allow dice box rolls as long as there's a time stamp with it so I can go back and look if I need to. I will be checking all successful throws and especially critical hits if they were posted from the dice box!

I will be starting the campaign at the beginning of January (tenth at the latest) since we have four people.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still looking for players my dear friend?

I have two more slots before I will be at my personal capacity, so yes, I am willing to take players still!

Are the front page characters current?

I have one player that hasn't finished his character, so I haven't put him up there yet. I need to at least get his name on it though. ><

Yes. I have all the current players listed, though the fourth doesn't have a forum post for me to link to since his character isn't finished.

Hmmm... I feel like Cleric should be a good addition to this team

• Love
Reactions: Silver
If that's what you want to play, I'm sure the group would appreciate it.

I will have a non-fighting support type character as part of your group as well playing a Skald. She has a couple healing spells, but of course that's nothing compared to a healer like a cleric. XD

Rain, you're my favorite person now.

I loooove playing cleric :P

Now, should I go caster cleric or tank cleric?

Status
Not open for further replies.