Pathfinder Game

K

kuroshimodo

Original poster
Well I have notice that there is a 4E D&D following and haven't really seen a Pathfinder following. So I was wondering if there will be members interested in playing a Pathfinder game. This campaign will be a rescue the princess and defeat the EVIL necromancer whose bent on spreading EVIL. The princess was kidnapped in order to perform this ritual to summon a nightmarish dragon that would enviably cause the kingdom to become ruin. And this is where feed back would be greatly appreciated.

How long of a campaign would you guys like to run? We can simply have it where it is a simple game where you fight the necromancer and save the princess. Or, your characters must release four or possibly more seals in order to lift the veil over the EVIL necromancer's castle in order to kill the necromancer and save the princess from being sacrifice from the EVIL dragon. There will obviously be a lot of undead creatures roaming around as well. But generally, the story will be saving the princess from the clutches of an EVIL necromancer. Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Some house/game rules of mine:

1) No EVIL alignments
2) Starting level is 1
3) No monster races, only core races
4) No attribute below 12, at least one 16 or 17 rolled for attributes before adding any racial modifiers
5) Books allowed are: Corebook, Advance Player's Guide, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat
6) Class archetypes are allowed and alternate racial traits are allowed
7) Starting equipment is free excluding weapons and armor
8) Max hp at first level and max starting gold at first level when purchasing weapons and armor.
9) All classes from the Core book, Advance Player's Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic are playable
10) Have fun and enjoy yourselves :)

Also, looking for a party of four. Myself and my sis, Jovian, are in the party so two slots are opened however this is not a first come first serve situation. Party size is subject to change

PlayerCharacterRaceGenderClass
jovianthundergodSariah MelkanHumanFemalePaladin(Undead Scourge)
kuroshimodoin progress

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hey, what all do you want posted up for character? Just type up whatever is on the character sheet?

just post what class you want to be along with your selected archetypes and what gender and age you are. include race and any alternate racial traits.

post stats too. from there on it'll be the honor system.

attribute rolling method: 4d6 drop the lowest, reroll ones, reroll stats below 12.

Still looking for players if anybody is interested. My character is an elven female rogue with the archetypes of Scout and Sniper.

*gains 8 ranks in interest and fails his will save to resist their effects*

Hrm. You can probably count me in. The lack of monster races is a bummer, but I can always play a Transmuter, Enchanter, or Necromancer and get my fix of monstrous ability. Still Non-Evil, of course.

*loses will save against Frost's avi and is hypnotized*

Wait, do I see interest? Yes, the paladin I randomly made will be put to good use! :D
I guess I'm posting all my stuff here tomorrow morning. Awesome!

Ok we have a tank/leader, I trust frost is going sparky sparky boom man caster?

So I get to be...... SNEAKY!?!?!? =D

*raises hand* I'm a half elf rogue with the scout and sniper archetype however I can play another character if you want to be a rogue. I could play my second favorite class, the Magus! :D or I can try out the Samurai or even go with my third favorite class, the Witch xD or I could be adventurous and choose the ranger or the inquisitor. . . or even the barbarian. . . oh!, the monk! :D

Naw its cool if you wanna play it. I'm new to pathfinder (just played 3.5 and 4e until now) and will give the books a read before deciding.

EDIT: BLOODY ELVES!

Hrm-hrm-hrm. Yes. I do believe I shall be a Sorcerer, focusing on many destructive spells. Very likely to go into the Dragon Disciplie prestige, as well - as long as it's available. If it's not, I'll search for my monstrous form among wizardry.

As for me, I like long games! Allows us to level up more before the confrontation.

Crap, where I did I put the character sheet again? I had her all ready too...

Hmm, halfling monk. . . *punches the air* punch punch punch punchy punch punch *whistles a tune*

Name: Isk Darastrix ("Star Dragon" in Draconic)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: Tall
Body Type: Densely Muscled.
Appearance: At a distance, it'd be easy to mistake the man for a large human: close-quarters reveals his elven ears, though the thickness of his face and body make it hard to think he's a pureblood elf. The taint of dragon's blood is clear on the man: his muscles are dense in the way of a primal beast, instead of any mortal bodybuilder. His eyes are cut in a predator's light, silver beginning to overtake the previous green color. The tips of his fingers extend into silver scales, ending in claws. He has a sort of animal magnetism: though clearly dangerous in some way, he's still quite attractive. His hair is a long brown color, though the roots are showing a silver tint. His clothes are dirty and ripped from countless battles and many combats, and his spear is worn from use.

Backstory: Born to his mother under the name 'George Fisher', the woman's husband was alarmed to see the child's pointed ears emerge after a year of life. In a fit of rage, he attempted to smother the child. Though his mother moved to save the child, stabbing her husband in the back with a kitchen knife, the man had enough fury to whip around and strangle his wife before he died of blood loss. Only a year into the world, and orphaned by the emotion of mortal man.

It surprised the authorities that came to investigate the dissapearance to see that the child was still alive - it had been three days since either husband or mother were seen. Moving quickly, they took the child to be cared for. When it was assured that the child would survive, he was sent to another town, to an orphanage.

His time there was a little better, though the speed at which his friends grew up quickly alienated him again. Though his mind grew quickly, his body did not grow to catch up. His childhood friends soon lost interest in hanging out with the "stunted elf kid", and again, he was alone. He would be orphaned again before his twentieth birthday: a massive red dragon, clearly undead, ravaged the town. Calling itself "The Flames of Purification", it obliterated the town in it's power.

George fled the town... bitterness began to enter his mind. He was thankful that everyone he had once cared for broke ties with him before it had happened, or he'd have been sorrowful to see them go. He turned to watch the town burn, sitting on a hill and mentally thanking the undead dragon for the deed. Dark thoughts swirled in the half-elf's mind as he turned, escaping into the woods... wondering if there were others like him in the world.

His dark thoughts brought him to a group of bandits. Willingly joining them, he quickly gained infamy for surviving things that should have killed him. After gaining many scars, he rose to lieutenant rank of the bandit organization, and advised their leader on what they should do. Loathing the race of his birth, George gave extra consideration to the pain of humans.

By now, fate had led George to the path of a villain. Were he to continue on this path, the thin man would have gained an interest in necromancy, and likely would have gone on to be a scourge to the world.

However, that was not the future that would fall upon George. The bandits came across a lone woman walking the roads at night, and fell upon her... George spotted her ears, and ordered the men to stop. Walking forward, he confirmed her status as an elf. Fascinated, he asked her to come back to the camp... with a soft smile, she agreed. The two stayed up late, George's curiosity growing further in her culture. While the bandits were asleep, George and the elf fled into the night, taking a great deal of the ill-gotten gold with them... the merciful woman taking him to the elven city where she lived: Wyrmhaven.

Both long-lived races, dragons and elves had founded Wyrmhaven long ago in part of an alliance between them. The elven woman, introducing herself as Alhania, led the awestuck ex-bandit around the city... and finally left him at the merchant's inn where she worked. It was there where a dragon took interest in him: seeing the darkness in the half-elf's soul, the dragon called him out on it. Emotion overtaking him, he defended his actions against the human race with the tale of his birth, his treatment by humans, and their eventual destruction by the undead dragon. It was the last part that alarmed the residents of Wyrmhaven: who had never heard of the "Flames of Purification" until that point. They immeadiately began to prepare... and the dragon that had called him out forced the young half-elf over to his cavern.

Once there, the dragon asked many questions about George, including what he intended to do now. George hadn't planned that far ahead: citing it as 'human arrogance' in his blood, the dragon brushed it off. George stated his hatred for his human blood, and wished he could be full elf... or dragon. The dragon smiled, telling him that it was possible... and told him that if he shaped up and started towards a better path, that he would obtain that goal.

George devoted himself to the old dragon, who called himself 'Jalik'. Every day, George bettered himself, redeeming himself for his years as a bandit... and every month, Jalik would slice his mighty hand, transferring blood with the half-elf. Though at first it made him sick, George's body quickly began to change... muscle began to thicken his body, and he grew taller than he once was. Half a year passed in this way, and Jalik told him that was all he could do for now: as long as George continued on the path of Good, he would continue to evolve...

In a ceremony lasting a day and a half, Jalik passed atonement on the half-elf, allowing him a draconic name: Isk. The newly-reborn Isk left the village, now willing to do Good for it's own sake, rather than just to change himself... he left the people he admired, back into the human world... happy for the first time in his life.

[SPOILI]
Str: 18 | +4
Dex: 14 | +2
Con: 16 | +3
Int: 12 | +1
Wis: 12 | +1
Cha: 16 | +3

HP: 13
BAB: +0
AC: 12 | 10 | 0 | 2
Fort: +3 | 0 | 3 | 0
Ref: +2 | 0 | 2 | 0
Will: +3 | 2 | 1 | 0

Feats:
- Toughness: +3 hit points, +1 per Hit Die beyond 3

Racial:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Half-elf characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light (see low-light vision).
- Adaptability (Perception): Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
- Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Arcane Training: Half-elves occasionally seek tutoring to help them master the magic in their blood. Half-elves with this racial trait have only one Favored Class and it must be an arcane spellcasting class. They can use spell trigger and spell completion items for their Favored Class as if 1 level higher (or as a 1st-level character if they have no levels in that class). This racial trait replaces the multitalented racial trait.
- Favored Class (Sorcerer): +1 hp per level.

Class Abilities:
- Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell with an energy descriptor that matches your draconic bloodline's energy type, that spell deals +1 point of damage per die rolled.
- Bloodline Power (Silver Dragon):
*Starting at 1st level, you can grow claws as a free action. These claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make two claw attacks as a full attack action using your full base attack bonus. Each of these attacks deals 1d4 points of damage plus your Strength modifier.
- Cantrips
- Eschew Materials

Traits:
- Courageous: You gain a +2 trait bonus on Saving Throws against fear effects.
- Magical Knack (Sorcerer): Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t increase your caster level higher than your current Hit Dice.

Skills:
Appraise (Int): +3 | 1 | 2 | 0
Bluff (Cha): +5 | 3 | 2 | 0
Craft (Int): +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Fly (Dex): +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Intimidate (Cha): +4 | 3 | 1 | 0
Knowledge: Arcana (Int): +2 | 1 | 1 | 0
Perception: +10 | 1 | 4 | 5
Profession (Wis): +0 | 1 | 0 | 0
Spellcraft (Int): +0 | 1 | 0 | 0
Use Magic Device (Cha): +5 | 3 | 2 | 0

Equipment: 115gp.
- Spear
- Backpack
- Bedroll
- Explorer's Outfit
- Box of Tea Leaves

Spells: At-Will/3
*Cantrips (4): Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, Light.
*1st-Level (2): Hydralic Push, Shocking Grasp

[/SPOILI])
[SPOILI]
Stat Rolls: (Rolled 10/11/11
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 3, 1, 6, 5 [Total: 15 Average: 4]] (14)
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 3, 3, 6, 1 [Total: 13 Average: 3]] (12)
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 5, 4, 5, 6 [Total: 20 Average: 5]] (16)
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 5, 3, 2, 4 [Total: 14 Average: 4]] (12)
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 5, 4, 6, 5 [Total: 20 Average: 5]] (16)
[Boss Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 6, 4, 6, 3 [Total: 19 Average: 5]] (16)[/SPOILI]

As a side-note, "The Flames of Purification" undead dragon in my backstory might be a herald or "prophecy point" in the coming of the apocalyptic dragon that our EVIL necromancer is trying to summon.

Name: Plucky
Race: Halfling
Class: Bard
Height: 3’ 3”
Weight: 32lb
Size: Small
Languages: Common, Halfling

STR 10 (+0)
CON 14 (+2)
DEX 15 (+2)
INT 13 (+1)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 17 (+3)

AC: 16
BAB: +0 (+1 racial)
Fort: +1|+0
Ref: +1|+2
Will: +1|+2
HP: 8

Racial Features:

Slow Speed:
Fearless:
Halfling Luck:
Keen Senses:
Sure-Footed:
Weapon Familiarity (Slings, Halfling)

Class Features:

Bardic knowledge,
bardic performance,
cantrips,
countersong,
distraction,
fascinate,
inspire courage +1

Spells:

Level 0:
Daze
Light
Lullaby
Mage Hand
Prestidignation

Level 1:
Cure Light Wounds
Saving Finale

Skills:

Acrobatics (Dex),
Appraise (Int),
Bluff (Cha), 4
Climb (Str),
Craft (Int),
Diplomacy (Cha), 4
Disguise (Cha),
Escape Artist (Dex),
Intimidate (Cha),
Knowledge (all) (Int),
Linguistics (Int),
Perception (Wis),
Perform (Cha), 8
Profession (Wis),
Sense Motive (Wis),
Sleight of Hand (Dex),
Spellcraft (Int),
Stealth (Dex), 4
Use Magic Device (Cha). 4

Feats:

Improved Initiative

Equipment 70.9

Shortbow (1d4, x3, 60ft, 2lb, P)
- Arrows (40, 6lb)

Rapier (1d4, 18-20/x3, 2lb, P)

Studded leather Armor (+3, +5, -1, 15%, 20ft, 20lb)
Explorer’s outfit (8lb)

Musical instrument (common 3lb)

Backpack 2lb
Bedroll 5lb
Pouch, belt .5lb
Rations, trail (5days 5lb)

Once upon a time this halfling was content to sit back and live off of his inheritence growing ever fatter and more complaicent with a town house and a well stocked larder and playing his instrament purely for fun. The name of the town, as you will learn is unimportant. What is inportant is that it didn’t last. The reason for this was of sourse land sharks. Those predators that lurk among all sentient folk and prey on opotunity. I am of course refering to guildsmen.

Being a care free fellow. Buldew, as he went by then, entered into a contract with some less than honest tradesmen whereby they would take a fair amount of his capital and invest it in their routs returning in a year to pay him back with adequate interest. However these men were not from the guild they claimed and less than a month after were languishing behind bars with Buldew’s name all over their enteprise and both men maiming his as their ringleader Buldew received a nasty shock when through his door burst the town watch.

Hearing their acusations the halfling did tittle to clear his name when he dodged between them and made fore the open window. Luck be it good or bad helped him in his escape as a passing oxcart of salted fish was of it’s way towards the gates and right into a poorly sealed barrel he fell a quick word and a little gold convinced them to cover the barrel with a cloth and continue on their way. And this was how, reaking of brine he became a wandering bard. Forever staying far from danger and under the worst assumed name of all time.

Still room for a cleric maybe? Possibly a Ranger or fighter?