Pathfinder d20

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Razilin, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Anyone play this? Its a derivative of 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons. I'm trying to gather a new online chat-based gaming group.
  2. I'm just learning how to play 3.5 thanks to Frosty and a few of the games here. As a consequence, I downloaded every single D&D book I could get my hands on. I actually have Pathfinder, but I've yet to read through it. I honestly wouldn't mind giving it a try, but you'd have to be patient with me; I'm still a newbie.
  3. Pathfinder is a streamlined 3.5 D&D. Where 3.5's system encourages multiclassing for optimization, Pathfinder does a great job of encouraging single-classing (i.e., extremely powerful abilities are spread throughout all 20 levels).

In 3.5, a level 20 fighter was useless compared to a multiclassed fighter with multiple prestige classes.

In Pathfinder, a level 20 fighter is THE best class at fighting--not much else its good at, but not even a raging barbarian can outdo a straight fighter's damage output.

Conversely, Pathfinder does pigeon-hole you into certain roles. Rarely will you multiclass more than 2 classes (including prestige multiclassing).

Why don't you email me and we'll talk something out? I'd really like to try out a campaign I've been downloading.

AOL Instant Messenger: Razilin
  4. Still looking for player(s). Last one was gonna play, then dropped.
  5. I could learn, i'll take a look now that I'm more comfortable with DnD
  6. Cool. Alternatively, I could teach you as well.
  7. I've found a whole lot of pathfinder books, but help learning is always welcome.
  8. Well, i'm on AIM as Razilin

and you can email me at

if you got any questions or need me to roll through the whole process