Path of the Taelesol

Helio pouted a little and hung his head down. Seemed no one liked his idea. Too cutesy. Too much the brownnose route. It wasn't like he thought cuteness alone could stop Sol. If it worked at all, each pandrylyr that nuzzled his leg or licked his nose would distract him for a literal second. A small touch, but couldn't that make all the difference? He looked down at Illumi who looked back up at him with a firm glare as if to say "Go on. Say something."

He sighed and shook his head, looking back up at Kalhorn. "Alright. I'll take left side. Illumi will run between his legs to try and throw off his balance." The little pandrylyr batted him with her tail as she walked to get into position. Now he was doubly hurt, as he'd let his pup down.

ZqSz7Yy.jpg

The idea of distracting Sol was their best option and everyone was in a agreement. Kalorn took charge and to make things smoother agreed that cute distractions was not the best idea. Even if it could give Ruven a full second to retrieve the bells the idea was put to the side. Helio looked a little defeated but it happens. People disagree and ideas are swapped out for others. Didn't mean the idea was terrible, the other didn't feel it was effective enough. Ethel could have at least turned the idea down a little easier. Maybe it was her personality, either way she was a member of the team. Zephyr will just have to get use to her way of deal with things.

"Distracting him shouldn't be too much for us to handle. I'll take behind. Me and Noelani will make our footsteps be known and it should draw his attention." Zephyr nodded to his own idea and hoped it worked. The two walked to their position and waited for the plan to be put to action.

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf @Quiet One @Vio @Izurich

Fw5vP6l.jpg

As the others got into their positions Ruven seemingly slipped out of sight. It was a bit difficult for him given the fact that they were all out in the open. It was a matter of staying out of the other's eyesight at all times while his eyes focused on Zephyr, Helio, Kalorn, and the rest. The five distracting Sol from all sides while Ruven stayed immediately behind him was necessary to pulling this off right. They would need to keep him facing forward at all times, and make sure that Sol did not move around too much. If Sol became frantic to dodge all their attacks then Ruven would end up in Sol's peripherals and be spotted. Carefully watching Sol's movements as the other's charge him, Ruven manages to follow his patterns of shifting and dodging to silently inch closer and closer to his backside. It was easy to tell that Sol wasn't desperately trying to evade Ruven's current partners. Most of their methods of attacking were easily predictable being rookies, which meant that the old man would use the same methods of dodging each attack. He was probably hoping they would realize this and try different things, but Ruven felt that was would be expecting too much from the lot of them. Even Ruven wasn't particularly great a combat or knew how to utilize different methods of it.However if there was one thing Ruven was good at it was stealth and prediction. Sol's repetitive movements were easier to read in Ruven's case, and it wasn't long before the Elven boy's nimble digits had picked off and pocketed all five bells from the man's hip. Then Sol suddenly steps back into Ruven, and having not known the young taelsol was there ended up socking the poor kid in surprise with the back of his hand. Ruven tumbles backward from the impact, and completely lands on his bottom dazed from the hit. Sure he was old, but the guy definitely hit like a log. "Fockin' hell ya old geezer! Aye, shit that hurts!" The teen swears while gently massaging his jaw. Picking himself off from the ground Ruven stumbles to the side, and gives his comrades a thumbs up to confirm that he had gotten all the bells. Walking past Sol they jangled in his pocket annoyingly and approached the others. Opening up his side pouch he tosses each of them their respective bells, and sits next to Kalorn. Relaxing after nearly having the daylights knocked out of him Ruven gingerly pokes at his cheek and winces from the pain. He was going to need some ice on that later. Uldrana sits beside him and licks his hand, a bit of her motherly nature showing in her whine.

2iIKPxl.jpg

< @Quiet One @Sairen @Vio >

Once everyone was in position, Kalorn gave a sharp whistle and started the attack. Those other than Ruven charged and didn't give Sol any time to count them and realize that one was missing. And the attack went so well that when Ruven was able to swipe the bells, he (at least seemed) surprised enough to fully backhand the teen. Even as Ruven fell back onto his rear, Sol chuckled and smirked to them. "Well, you learned faster than I had expected." he said softly, before looking at the group. "Enma, Ethelheda.. I think I have a better group for you." he said, nodding to them. "I will introduce you to them later."

With that said, Kalorn looked at the bell he had been tossed, and then down at Ruven. "Good job. I look forwards to fighting alongside you." he nodded to the thief, dropping his bell on Ruven's lap. "And you deserve that more than I do."

Sol looked on with a Smirk, and than shook his head. "Before you all start arguing about who gets to not eat, let me show you to your room." he said to the men, gesturing for them to follow. Kalorn paused, looking down to Akhari who barked in affirmation, and nuzzled his Aer's legs before looking to the other three Pandrylyr. He barked and chirped, flapping his wings to express his pleasure.
----------
A few hours later, the young men would be settled in their barracks room, with three bowls of dinner on the table. Kalorn had been adamant that he didn't need the food, or more that the others deserved it more. He wasn't trying for any points, he simply believed that. But Sol had been watching Kalorn closely. Before the elder Taelesol left, he had said their true training would begin in the morning.​