2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Hello! My name is Mythy, and I have a setting and idea I'd like to do with a fun group of players! Here it is:

elven-mountain-city.jpg

The players are of an elf-like race known as Aer. They inhabit their world of Shylyr Vasadi (Wondrous Paradise), where the world is full of natural wonders and resources. The Aer build their cities into forests and mountains, using the natural world as the foundation for their buildings.

df5f4b33ca203d7a0fbedb7f2bdb0183.jpg

The Aer have built a connection to one of the more powerful beasts of the land: Dragonwolves, or Pandrylyr. Canids large enough to ride, with feathered wings and horns on their head, they have become linked to the Aer in a powerful way. A Pandrylyr, when born, will sometimes feel a strong link to a young Aer, and when they are a few days old they begin their search for the Aer teen. Once they meet, they become inseparable and the younglings are inducted into training to become a Taelesol. They train until the Pandrylyr is old enough to fly, and beyond.

A Taelesol, during their training, finds the weapon that suits them the best, and forges one of their own. They gain armor crafted in the colors of their Pandrylyr, and learn to control the magic element that they share with their partner.

Taelesol are trained for good reason: Pasandrylyr, the Dark Dragonwolves. They are bipedal, hunched-over monsters that wield claws and crude weapons with deadly efficacy. Though all Aer are trained as guardians, it takes a Taelesol and their Pandrylyr to beat the insurmountable odds that are normally faced when Pasandrylyr attack.

The players would be young Adult Aer, newly found by their Dragonwolf and inducted into training. From there, they would be trained as a squad and face dangers, as well as normal life challenges. I would likely be joining with a character, and @Quiet One will be my co-gm when it comes to world-building​

Hi all! There's other things to go over too, such as what elements you want your pandrylyrs and Aer to use, as well as strengths connected to your pandrylyr's physical powers. Like strong ones are really tough, but not as good of flyers, while those that specialize in flying aren't as strong, and so on. When making our characters I want us all to have natural disadvantages we have to overcome through training or teamwork. None of us can do it alone, y'all!

Reactions: a touch of dread
Interested!

Are you guys using classic four elements or more?

I'm leaning in the direction of a pair that focuses on mobility. Not especially fast or strong, but the ability to maneuver swiftly in a short window of time or limited space, or both. Quick dodges, opportune strikes, that sort of thing. Would that be viable?

I like the energy here and hope to see this get some traction!

@Kal

We're using beyond the four classical elements, though those are still available as choices. Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Lightning, Ice as examples. Keeping it natural, but also nothing that manipulates living creatures in any way.

I don't see why that concept would not be viable. Seems to fit perhaps air over lightning, but I'm sure you could find something else that works if you need.

Thank you for your interest!

@Kal it works. There are four advantages you can give a character; strength, speed, flight, and magic. Stronger pandrylyrs are typically bigger, and thus aren't as good of flyers. They can still fly, but speed and aerial combat suffers in exchange for raw power (elements like earth would be best for this sort of perk). Fast pandrylyrs tend to be good at flight too, but their main skill lies in quick reflexes and all-around speed. They tend to be longer and thinner, and thus aren't as strong. Pandrylyrs especially good at flying will have longer tail rudders and larger wings. They'd be unique in being able to perform aerial attacks far easier, even doing some that others simply can't. Being gifted in magic makes the horns longer, which takes away some of the aerodynamics in flight.

So to be more succinct, yes, being quick and flighty is totally on the table. If that's what you want you can choose between being a great flyer or a great runner.

• Useful
Interested and after reading the few post here like the teamwork aspect of it.

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf @Quiet One
Thank you for the feedback and info!

I'm inclined to agree about air, and tentatively want to circle in on it. But, before I do, I'd also like to ask if you think fire may work? The reasoning behind it being the dynamic and unpredictablility of its nature, but then again, it might be better fitted to a different style altogether, and I wouldn't want to take it if so.

Between great flyer or runner, I'll opt for great runner for those land-based shenanigans.

Last edited:
@Kal, if you're opting for runner, I think fire will definitely work for you given what you're describing you want for your character. Fire is one of those elements that I think would work for almost any of them, while elements like air and earth really do have their physical niches.

On an unrelated note, are you the guy or the girl in your avatar? Is a cute couple.

• Love
@Kal

In my opinion, different elements can be used in different ways, so fire might work. I'm having trouble thinking of how to explain what I'm thinking.

In the meantime, with you and @Sairen we technically have four characters. How do people feel about me making the OOC and character sheet now?

Fire it is, then!

@Quiet One I'm the girl, as it were. Thank you, it's much appreciated :3

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf, I'm all for it, but I also don't mind waiting for more people either. Whatever you guys decide!

If it looks like we have enough players then go for the OOC but I don't mind waiting.

Are you guys still open to players?? :)

I wouldnt dare pass up an opportunity to play with dragon wolf hybrids lol

@Vio

Still open! Though I suppose I should set a cut-off point if we want to play with a single team

Reactions: Esmeray
@Vio

Still open! Though I suppose I should set a cut-off point if we want to play with a single team

Woot! Ill send in a CS soon.

A cut off point would be wise! Are you planning on making a discord for OOC?? Is there a character limit?

I'm in as well, good sir/ma'am.

Been wanting to use an Elven character of mine and this looks to be the perfect rp for it.

I'm in as well, good sir/ma'am.

Been wanting to use an Elven character of mine and this looks to be the perfect rp for it.

AAAAW YIS IZU IN DA HOUSE ~

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
@Vio

I may make a discord if people would like. Otherwise, we can keep it here. What did you mean by character limit?

@Izurich

Welcome! That'll be six Aer/Pandrylyr combos, so I might cut us off here for sign-ups. At least for now.

Reactions: Izurich and Esmeray
@Vio

I may make a discord if people would like. Otherwise, we can keep it here. What did you mean by character limit?

@Izurich

Welcome! That'll be six Aer/Pandrylyr combos, so I might cut us off here for sign-ups. At least for now.

Like how many characters can we have or not have. One should be plenty though lol

@Vio

Yeah. Only one Aer/Dragonwolf combo :)

• Thank You