Path of the Taelesol OOC and Characters

Hmm.. how do people want to handle timeskips? Because we eventually need to play through a year in-game so the pups are fully grown

I usually just do it novel style and
- - -
FIVE YEARS LATER

or if I'm feeling fancy
FIVE YEARS LATER

More seriously, we could skip from milestone to milestone? But I'm down for whichever way works best.

I usually just do it novel style and
- - -
FIVE YEARS LATER

or if I'm feeling fancy
FIVE YEARS LATER

More seriously, we could skip from milestone to milestone? But I'm down for whichever way works best.
That's probably something close to the best way to do it. Do a good few scenes and then move on?

AER SHEET

Name: Helio Somban

Appearance:
1551451065913-png.173228

Weapon:
1551490331446-png.173237

Made mostly of Tael Steel, this blade is also far smaller when sheathed than when in use, because the edge of the sword is made out of hardened light.
Armor Style: White with armor fastened out of Tael Steel and each plate fitted with a crystalline piece of glass. This armor is weaker than average armor, but with Helio's magic he can create small light shields around himself. White, clear crystal, and gold.
Magic: Light
Fighting Style: Blinding and disorienting his opponents, gradually overwhelming them until they slip up.

How you met your Dragonwolf:

Helio was a quiet boy, often mistaken for a girl. When other Aer boys tried to ask him out and discovered he was male, they'd beat him up. So after a while he began avoiding the other kids. He shut down, making his way down the mountain until he found a secluded spot under one of the waterfalls. There he would cry if his day had been trying, and then dance to cheer himself up, the waterfall acting as his music and the lighting as his stage, as it would create rainbows when the sun caught the water.

Helio had a chance to begin experimenting in his secret place. His dances became more like combat moves, though were still too like ballet. He wondered if he could take advantage of his looks, and would buy small trinkets to make him look pretty. In his secret place beneath the falls, he could endure.

But one day when he went to his secret place, he heard a feral growl. Inside the cave was a pasandrylyr, seemingly waiting for him. Helio gave a feminine scream and ran, barely staying ahead of the flying monster. He tripped and tumbled further down the mountain, giving him a little speed, but making him too hurt to get any further. It looked like he was done for when the pasandrylyr finally caught up to him, but then Illumi jumped in front of him and barked. Her horns glowed bright, blinding the pasandrylyr and making a beacon so bright it caught the attention of the Taelesols.

Elder warriors came down then and swiftly dealt with the pasandrylyr. Like so many others, they confused Helio for a girl, but he was too shaken up to be offended. His pandrylyr came up and licked his dirty cheek, tending to him. Once he was recovered from his fall, his training began.

Pandrylyr Sheet

Name: Illumi
Coloration: White, with clear feathers on her wings and little gold striping on her paws and tail. Her horns are longer than average for a pup, and they glow in response to her emotions and when she uses her magic.
Magic: Light
Stats: Strong magic, weak in strength.

Took forever to work this out, but there you go guys. And yes, Helio is extremely feminine. Was actually thinking to make that a running joke; that he's constantly confused for a girl. Would anyone be willing to MxM hook up with him?

Reactions: a touch of dread
@Quiet One it's probably not gonna be smutty in the thread, I think it's a touch too late for that anyway since this was made in the general search. Also, I might, but at the same time I'm curious what'd happen if we just left things be and see what happens.

I didn't say smutty. What, we can't have gay romance without it being smutty?

Nah, just making sure you remember. We come from the same background ;)

More excellent characters, guys :D

Speaking of which, everyone's character sheets so far have more details about their backstory which quite contrasts mine. I'm inspired to add more to Enma's.

@Kal don't feel pressured! Only do it if you want to :)

• Love
Hm.. would people prefer to keep the OOC here, or move it to Discord?

I'm up for either, on mobile I can access either pretty easily.

I prefer Discord for real-time chats and easier pinging.

RUVEN MOURN
The Rascal Aer
Sixteen - Male
Imagine Dragons Mashup - UNDERDOGS
Face - Ruven is a greyish skinned Aer with raven colored shoulder length hair. Ruven's heart shaped face is known for it's strong jawline that tapers down to the chin. He's got very distinct angular features. His blue eyes are typically watchful, sometimes even sporting a mischievous glint. When angered they are cold and distant much like the icy prowess he possesses. His ears are a little on the smaller side compared to other males, and are a source of insecurity for Ruven. This Aer has distinguishable markings on the left side of his face. The black tribalesque kind of tattoo that starts at the center of his forehead and curves along with is face. right his brow it splits into two were half of the tattoo comes down over the eye unto his cheek, and the other half curves around the eye before eventually meeting the first half at the cheek. Ruven stands at exactly 5'11 and weighs 172 pounds. He isn't the most muscular man in the world, but still has an athletic body. He's a little more on the lean side in terms of body shape, but is wiry due to physical training. He's in good condition internally as well, with strong heart and lungs.

Five Neutral Traits:
Sarcastic, Mischievous, Discreet, Competitive, Tsundere

Five Negative Traits:
Arrogant, Insensitive, Guarded, Stubborn, Dishonest

What is he like with strangers? Friends? Enemies/Rivals? With strangers Ruven is a bit more on the guarded side. He doesn't easily trust people he doesn't know, and they honestly shouldn't trust him either. He is not as careful with those he doesn't know and isn't afraid to be a bit insensitive with them. At face value Ruven very much acts like an arrogant teenager with a sarcastic edge. With his friends Ruven is still typically rough around the edges, and he makes more of an effort to be nicer. Over time he sheds this colder demeanor to show that he is more understanding and thoughtful. With his friends he actually tries to be more considerate, and genuinely enjoys making them smile. He wants to show that he has good intentions with them. With rivals and enemies he tends to be extremely competitive and mischievous, often going out of his way to one up them or knock them down a peg.

Hobbies: Card games, bird watching, parkour, star-gazing, people watching, sketching, etc.

Habits: Loose thieving, casual lying, cheats at games, goes on night walks to clear his mind, takes time to be self-reflective, takes care of his hands and his appearance, works his body to stay fit.

Likes: Card games, night life, cats, birds, kids, art, money, collectables, climbing, parkour, racing, being pampered, praise, flying, etc.

Dislikes: Pasandrylyr, authority figures, being told what to do, being idle, people who make fun of his ears, monkeys, bitter medicine, drugs, alcohol, being sick, etc.

Magic: Ice
Fighting Style: Originally Ruven avoided conflict with authorities and with others as much as possible. If he had to he would ambush guards from behind and knock them out with a bludgeoning weapon like a small club or black jack. Then his mentor taught him how to incorporate a bow and arrows in his heists. The bow wasn't normally used for attacking or causing damage, but for being able to maneuver easily through out the city. Now that he is training to be a Taelsol he is starting to learn how to use his bow in combat. His primary method is mostly to attack from afar, but he is not above playing dirty to get a win. He likes to rely heavily on his speed and quiet agility, as well as infusing magic into his arrows.

Childhood: It is unclear as to how Ruven ended up on the streets. For as long as he can remember it was him and a small group of kids struggling to make ends meat. For as long as he can remember it was just him, a few kids, and his mentor. His mentor supposedly took them under his wing and trained them to be his eyes and ears, some of them thieves to help with contracts. It was their way of making money for food and supplies. Ruven wouldn't say his life was an unfortunate one. Being on the streets is all he has ever known, and his teacher, albiet strict, was kind to them.

Recently: How Ruven met Uldrana is a bit of a funny story. Ruven had just finished a small heist for his mentor, and was on his way to collect his reward for completing a contract. As he was traversing the roof tops a huge Pandrylyr swoop in from the clouds above, her bark commanding the moisture in the air to freeze at his feet. This having caused him to slip and fall from the roof, right into the hands of guards on patrol. The sack of stolen jewels having torn open in the fall and scattered around him. The Pandrylyr was quite smug having taught her new partner a lesson, and Ruven knew in that moment that he was going to have his hands full. So much for an easy life right? As a result the boy has to work community service for his small crimes and is under "house" arrest while he trains along side future Taelsol.

Uldrana
The Frost's Bite

Coloration: Blue, White, & Grey
Stats: Strength - Up / Speed - Down
Magic: Ice

Five Neutral Traits: Fierce, playful, stubborn, reserved, skeptical

Five Bad Traits: Misunderstood, pushy, clumsy, fawning, intrusive

Likes: Flying, watching humans and animals from the sky, meat, winter, snow, embarrassing Ruven, being read to, baths, etc.

Dislikes: Anything that requires grace, when it rains, summer, when it's muggy and unbearably hot, uncleanliness, she likes veggies that crunch, doesn't seem to like fruit, etc.