3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
IC THREAD

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf - Kalorn Akamari (Below)
@Kal - Enma N'dra
@Izurich - Etheldreda "Ethel" Villam
@Sairen - Zephyr Unratu
@Quiet One - Helio Somban
@Vio - Ruven Mourn

Hello! My name is Mythy, and I have a setting and idea I'd like to do with a fun group of players! Here it is:

elven-mountain-city.jpg

The players are of an elf-like race known as Aer. They inhabit their world of Shylyr Vasadi (Wondrous Paradise), where the world is full of natural wonders and resources. The Aer build their cities into forests and mountains, using the natural world as the foundation for their buildings.

df5f4b33ca203d7a0fbedb7f2bdb0183.jpg

The Aer have built a connection to one of the more powerful beasts of the land: Dragonwolves, or Pandrylyr. Canids large enough to ride, with feathered wings and horns on their head, they have become linked to the Aer in a powerful way. A Pandrylyr, when born, will sometimes feel a strong link to a young Aer, and when they are a few days old they begin their search for the Aer teen. Once they meet, they become inseparable and the younglings are inducted into training to become a Taelesol. They train until the Pandrylyr is old enough to fly, and beyond.

A Taelesol, during their training, finds the weapon that suits them the best, and forges one of their own. They gain armor crafted in the colors of their Pandrylyr, and learn to control the magic element that they share with their partner.

Taelesol are trained for good reason: Pasandrylyr, the Dark Dragonwolves. They are bipedal, hunched-over monsters that wield claws and crude weapons with deadly efficacy. Though all Aer are trained as guardians, it takes a Taelesol and their Pandrylyr to beat the insurmountable odds that are normally faced when Pasandrylyr attack.

The players would be young Adult Aer, newly found by their Dragonwolf and inducted into training. From there, they would be trained as a squad and face dangers, as well as normal life challenges. I would likely be joining with a character, and @Quiet One will be my co-gm when it comes to world-building
Hello and welcome! First off, just a few general rules:

1) Please respect one another, and my word as GM. Differences of opinions may arise, but please handle those respectfully. As well, if I make a mistake I will own up to it, but please don't make a habit of challenging and arguing my rulings.

2) Follow Iwaku rules, obviously. This means, for example, in combat don't get too gory in your description when you finish an opponent

3) Please do not discuss real-world hot-topics (such as politics and religion) in here. I personally RP to help me escape from those stresses, so arguments dredging up that stress here is something I would like to avoid.

4) Don't be afraid to ask questions or comment! I would love to help you learn, and perhaps I will learn something in the process as well. Also, I love to chat so don't be afraid to hit me up for some interaction!

5) Please be careful about god-moding and other similar actions.

Posting and Combat Rules

Posting rules are simple: Longer can better, but I understand that length can be a struggle (it is for me). As such, I ask for generally a minimum of one paragraph. As well, I would like to aim for at least one GM post a week in most situations, which means that I would like at least one post a week from players - more can be better, though.

Combat will be narratively done without dice rolls. In most cases, you will attack your opponent with strike attempts - saying what your character does to affect combat - and I will post the results. When it comes to a finishing blow, the player who beat the enemy will often get a chance to describe finishing them. Please don't steal their glory! I will state in the post or in OOC who gets to finish which opponent when.

Please PM me your character for approval before posting
AER SHEET

Name:
Appearance: (Picture or Description or Hybrid Acceptable)

Weapon: (One weapon, Dual Weapon, Two-handed weapon - picture for appearance is allowed)
Armor Style: (Picture or description for Appearance allowed, coloration same as the dragonwolf)
Magic: (Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Ice, Lightning, Metal, Plant, Light, etc as allowed by GM)
Fighting Style:

How you met your Dragonwolf:

Pandrylyr Sheet

Name:
Magic: (Same as Aer)
Stats: (One Strong Aspect, One Weak Aspect)

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf
AER SHEET

Name: Kalorn Akamari

7de069dd9e3e898e4351fccaa74e9718.jpg
valkyrie_great_sword_by_0skyers0-d6tg60f.jpg
ranger_by_josheiten-d540ujm.png
Magic: Earth
Fighting Style: Uses big attacks and magic to deal damage and bring attention to him, while defending his allies. Earth walls, pillars, and boulders are common when magic is used, including crushing these and using the shards as projectiles. He is the fortress that defends the team, keeping them alive at cost to himself.

How you met your Dragonwolf: Kalorn was always a scrappy youth, getting into fights and standing up to bullies. He couldn't abide those who would pick on those weaker than themselves, and often came home with a scraped face and bruised knuckles. It was during one of these fights that Akhari appeared. Five boys had gung up on Kalorn to teach him a lesson after he defended a girl, but even after a beating the youth was still standing, and had gotten in some good blows. Then, a young Pandrylyr - large for his age - let out a bark, and a stone flew and smacked one of the boys upside the head. This distracted them, and by the time adults came to break up the fight, Kalorn and Akhari had made short work of the bullies.

He was enrolled in training not long after.

Pandrylyr Sheet

Name: Akhari
Coloration: Light Brown with deep green swirls
Magic: Earth
Stats: Size/Power - Up / Speed - Down​

Last edited:
AER SHEET

NAME: Enma N'dra

5ce7d3fd9479057e978f938d93e2ebde.jpg

Though she has a resting sleepy-face she is generally smiling and approachable.

WEAPON: Dual Wrist Blades which retract to allow for tumbling without being a danger to the user.

ARMOR STYLE: Padded leather accented by thick knee, shoulder, and elbow pads, as well as palm cushions on the gloves.

MAGIC: Fire

FIGHTING STYLE: She focuses on being able to maneuver swiftly in a short window of time or limited space, or both. Her style includes quick dodges, tumbles, and opportune strikes. Magic is used in flares to augment attacks or act as diversions/distraction.

HOW YOU MET YOUR DRAGONWOLF: It was during a fever, funny enough. Enma felt too hot and too cold, she wandered from her bed out of her home to find warmth, then would grow confused, why find warmth when she was already so hot? She'd turn to find chill, and then grow confused again, for why would she want chill when she was shivering without stop? This time, when she searched for warmth, she found a small, semi-circle of flame. Without thinking, she curled herself at its center. The fever chill melted and the overbearing heat subsided, allowing her to fade to a deep, restful sleep.

When she woke, the flames were gone. She almost began to wonder if she'd dreamt it all when, her eyes finally adjusting to the dark, noticed before her a young, lithe Pandrylyr with powerful legs, looking expectantly at her. Enma broke into a toothy grin and hugged the Pandrylyr to her. She was still sick, but the fever had broken.

PANDRYLYR SHEET

NAME: Madrani

COLORATION: Her fur is white with scale-shaped red spots, her horns are a pure white.

MAGIC: Fire

STATS: Strong Aspect -- (Ground) Mobility || Weak Aspect -- Power​

@Kal

Welcome, Enma!

One thing I've realized is that since we're not starting as children, I'm unsure if the Pandrylyr should be pups or still adolescent as well. If pups they'd grow even faster to be riding and flying size. If adolescent they may be the size of a normal wolf, not ridable yet - unsure about flight.

• Thank You
Reactions: a touch of dread
I personally wanted to do this with pup's so we could have some cute antics, some bonding at a young age, and a sense of danger when we go up against our first threats with only small allies. Our pups' growth will show our growth.

Having puppy like antics would be fun, but how big are they when they're young? Pandrylyrs are large as adults so as puppies are they the size of a medium adult dog?

@Quiet One You have a good point. Probably starting with them as pups.

@Sairen They'd be maybe a bit bigger than a puppy, like maybe a full-size small dog? But they're still quite small starting out, and grow to full size within... a year

O9LhxNr.png

AER
Name: Etheldreda "Ethel" Villam

W0Skacv.jpg

Etheldreda is a young female Aer with slim build, blue eyes, and long white hair with spiky locks. When in combat, she usually prefers armor that enable her to move swiftly with minimal hindrance. Of course, she models said armor after Halilintar, her Pandrylyr.

Yes, these accessories include her horned headband and spiky tail. She loves looking the part.

Weapon: War Gauntlets, as depicted in her picture.

Armor Style: Refer to Appearance.

Magic: Lightning

Fighting Style: Shock and Awe.

Agile, swift, and precise. Ethel embodies the essence of lightning and thunder into her techniques. She and her Pandrylyr blitz through the enemy ranks, disorienting them and picking them off one by one as fast as possible. Most of her magic is focused on augmenting both herself and her Pandrylyr, pushing the limits of their bodies beyond normal boundaries.

After all, no other element can match Lightning in sheer speed and agility.

The Encounter: Ethel was always an active Aer, sometimes too much for her own good. Ever so eager, she never stays within the confines of her home for more than a few hours. One day, the white-haired girl's boundless curiosity took her quite far away from home. Oh no, she wasn't lost, she was merely exploring the wilderness. Still, there was one slight problem...

She found herself stuck in the middle of an intense storm, complete with its share of lightning and thunder. As she was trekking back towards home, the young Aer was unlucky enough to be target of a lightning bolt...

...yet lucky enough for a nearby Pandrylyr to redirect said bolt into itself, dispersing the electrical energy through its azure spiky fur and golden horns. Then, they exchanged eye contact...

The rest was history.

PANDRYLYR
Name: Halilintar "Hal"

Coloration: Blue fur, golden horns, glowing teal eyes, emits constant sparks of electricity.
Magic: Lightning
Stats: Speed - Up / Durability - Down

Trivia

Last edited:
@Izurich

Welcome Etheldreda! It's a pleasure!

Don't hesitate to ask questions or chat! If you'd like a jump start... what do you think about Kalorn?

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
Hello! Thank you, Mythy.

Looking forward to Writing with everyone.

I think Kalorn is definitely the leader figure that will keep the team together. His strong sense of justice and purpose keep the team's goal focused. Also, even if things look bleak, he will be the immovable fortress, physically and mentally, enduring so they may prevail.

@Quiet One That's a decent size since it only takes a year to gain their adult size.

So far some nice characters! I'll have mine up by tonight :)

Gonna mirror Sairen in saying I love the chars so far!

I'm also down for pups, I can see some rather cute shenanigans coming from it.

This is a random question, but can a Pandrylyr hold light (sheet of paper light) objects with something other than its mouth? Perhaps its tail?

@Kal

I don't think the tails are that prehensile. So probably not, is my thought.

• Thank You
Reactions: a touch of dread
I personally wasn't going to go with a pup. I thought they had all already under gone training given the rps premise. XD

@Vio

Check the last paragraph of the original interest check. We're starting with the Dragonwolves having just found the Aer, and them starting training. And pups seem to be wanted/acceptable for most. I think it'll be cool to show that growth, especially in combat! :D

Reactions: Esmeray
@Vio plus you can play with yours during off time. That's cute! XD

I suppose it is. I just wouldn't call my characters cute. xD

Plz no uber-angst xD

I can't decide if I want to go for ice or shadow. o 3 o

I wouldn't say I was going for sasuke levels of uber angst lol

@Vio just keep it reasonable and not too dark please :)

As for Ice vs Shadow... How would you see shadow working? I'm slightly unsure if Shadow is wanted, but like how would it be utilized?