Path of the Stars ( A Dog Adventure RP OOC )

P

Pangoblin

Original poster

• ╔═══━━━━─── ◥◦◤ ───━━━━═══╗
    ◦Path of the Stars◦
    ╚═══━━━━─── ◢◦◣ ───━━━━═══╝

tumblr_m1kh1mvgSF1qg7izqo1_500.gif

Link to Character Creation and Index Thread
    OPEN SIGNUPS - BY INVITATION ONLY Path of the Stars ( A Dog Adventure RP )

The world as the animals' know it is changing. The humans have mysteriously disappeared, vanishing within one night without a trace of where they went or how they left. Automobiles are left unattended in the streets and roads, buildings vacant of any human life, nothing left in disarray, all neatly left abandoned. Perhaps those most affected by this sudden change, were the dogs the humans left behind. No dog remembers that night, any dog who may have witnessed this unnatural happening have only a blank slot in their memory. With the humans gone, animals of all kinds who were once ruled by humans are now left to their own devices, many still wait and hope for the return of their humans, while others immediately accepted their new life, roaming and living freely.

No dog knows what lays ahead in the future, their fate is now held within their own claws and the path they take following the stars.

(( Hello all! Welcome to the OOC chat, here we can talk about the rp or pretty much anything! Tell jokes, give memes and gifs, ask questions or help give ideas about the rp!! :DD It is also here that you will find info on the rp be it the story thus far, doggo culture, rules ect... ~ CURRENTLY we have 6 members, we have reached our acquired numbers but if anyone is still interested I am willing to allow 1 more person join :D . If interested please send me a pm'd writing sample~))

• 0U9pxRk.gif

Bryton City, once a bustling metropolis now lays nearly dormant, a month after what the city dogs refer to as, The Vanishing, where all humans seemingly left without a trace. Cars line the streets, abandoned along with the countless buildings that are now inhabited by the animals of the city, namely the dogs who now rule it. There are those who still within or near the homes where their humans once dwelled, hoping for their return, some had moved on, while others who did not have human masters began taking advantage of the situation.

Somewhere within this once great city, a lower middle class apartment complex holds a sort of safe haven for dogs, many of which who were the pets of the previous human owners. Though this number is dwindling by the passing weeks, dogs leaving their flats due to lack of food and security, taking to the streets to join or form packs.

The dogs of this apartment, known as Complex 53, work like a small community and less of a functioning dog pack. Some have known each other before The Vanishing, some newer faces, but they all work with each other during these strange times, watching each others backs, offering food. Not all were friends, but they did and do rely on each for a sense of security. However, this odd little 'community' will see that they must make a choice. The dog packs of the city are growing more bold, increasing their numbers, waging bigger brawls and battles for territory and food, making the city an even more hostile place to live. The little community is forced to make a life changing decision, join a pack, or perish.

But... there is one last option. One that they will find within the stars, a path that will lead them out of the city in the unknown humanless world beyond.

-----
    General Idea
    ------
    Greetings fellow rpers! Man, animal rps take me waaaay the hell back to my middle school days, and I feel nostalgic for one :D
    So, the over all idea of this rp is this. Our main characters will be dogs who form a pack and escape the city, going on various adventures to find a safe haven to call their own while using the stars as their guiding key.

Do note that these are basic skeletons to help guide and inspire rpers what to write. This may change if enough people wish to add and remove elements of the story or scene.

The Beginning
    Do note that these are basic skeletons to help guide and inspire rpers what to write. This may change if enough people wish to add and remove elements of the story or scene.

The Beginning
    3fec401cb98bf5f7c4a3c72dccdc8c52.jpg
    c466bd65ad0e5a654c587757fdbf2ebb--railroad-tracks-choo.jpg

Our characters are residing within a lower middle class apartment complex, some were once pets others were strays, they all know each other to various degrees. Some are friends others acquaintances, some knew each other long before The Vanishing, while others are newer faces who took refuge within the flats. They are not a pack, nor do they consider themselves to be one, there are those who are still loyal to the humans and believe that waiting for their return is the best option and those who think that maybe they should join a pack for safety. There is a total of 30 dogs that reside in this apartment.

As the weeks pass by, the dog packs of the city are turning more and more aggressive and bold, fighting for territory with not only other packs, but also raiding buildings inhabited by dogs, forcing them to join or killing them outright. A nearby apartment gets attacked by one of these dog packs, they killed nearly every resident, save for one dog who manages to escape and take refuge within the small dog community in the apartment of our main cast. The survivor explains what happened and the community becomes worried that their building will be the next target. A meeting is held a dog announces that they will leave the city, suggesting the other do the same. There is dissant within the small community, some agreeing, other disagreeing and other unsure.

The aggressive dog pack attacks the building killing some npc dog residents, while the main cast manages to escape into the night somewhere within the city. It is that night that they all decide that leaving the city is the best option and it is here they begin their journey.

Important info on Bryton City:

There is only two ways out the city, one being a massive bridge that crosses a vast lake, the other being a train that, oddly enough, still moves on its own. Main charas will choose either of these paths to leave the city.

The Town of Gladden Wood
    859b03d3f79c8addcdd1ca65c0617b80.jpg

Hopping off the train the dogs arrive in an empty small town ran by a large dog pack. The pack seems friendly at first but over time it is clear something is very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to meeting all of the other RPers for this RP :)
I got Rex posted, but if I need to change something, just let me know. At some point, I totally want him to climb onto a larger dog's back and just lay down as they travel XD

• Haha
Reactions: Pangoblin
I for see Rose and Rex snipping at each other alot lol He looks good to me btw~ Rex is Accepted !
giphy.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Navuso
Yay! Thank you. And I agree. Snipping, biting, definitely some tension with the two. Though at the same time, it seems like their views on a lot of things would align. So it won't be all negative <3

Also, I adore that gif! Like, so mesmerizing! <3 <3 <3

IKR? and the fact that the doggo is "smiling" makes it all the better ;w;

Oh and I forgot to add one lil thing on the chara sheet, but it's 100% optional! You can give ya chara a theme song if ya like o3o

I'm going to post up the IC thread when we have at least 3 peeps ready to rp o3o

• Bucket of Rainbows
I hope that the other people join soon, then. I'm eager to get things on the road (or out of the apartment complex at the very least, lol)

I hope that the other people join soon, then. I'm eager to get things on the road (or out of the apartment complex at the very least, lol)

Bruh I'm beyond hype getting the dogs out of the complex, into the streets then hit the road outta the city :D

And good news! We have 4 possibly 5 peeps who are wanting to join o3o though one is a lil busy atm with work and I think is only available during the weekends. Which is fine, there's a reason I put once 2 week posting rule lol

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'm also excited!! Finally got my girl up, so if there's any need for correction, please let me know! Super ready to start with everyone! :DD

I'm also excited!! Finally got my girl up, so if there's any need for correction, please let me know! Super ready to start with everyone! :DD

I saw your pupper chara :o she looks good! I just a have few questions though o3o

Is she residing within the apartment? Like, locked up inside a flat unable to get out because the door is lock?

And before I forget (because I ahve the memory of a goldfish <__> )

@Navuso
@Annyeong Bunny
@DracoGale4
@solstice

The IC thread is up and running, I put the link at the top of this thread on the first post ^^ I'm thinking that maybe we can go ahead and get started with posting, since our chara aren't gonna bust out the city just yet. it would give the other group members time to make their charas and have them hop into the story. That or maybe I should hold off on starting the rp just yet and just have us chat about how the plot should role out in the ooc chat

I saw your pupper chara :o she looks good! I just a have few questions though o3o

Is she residing within the apartment? Like, locked up inside a flat unable to get out because the door is lock?

And before I forget (because I ahve the memory of a goldfish <__> )

@Navuso
@Annyeong Bunny
@DracoGale4
@solstice

The IC thread is up and running, I put the link at the top of this thread on the first post ^^ I'm thinking that maybe we can go ahead and get started with posting, since our chara aren't gonna bust out the city just yet. it would give the other group members time to make their charas and have them hop into the story. That or maybe I should hold off on starting the rp just yet and just have us chat about how the plot should role out in the ooc chat

Yeah, she resides in the apartment and is locked in. Her owners were extra safe like that, I guess. Lmao sorry about that! xD

I like the idea of plotting first so that the others could catch up with their characters? I feel like it would be easier for everyone to be caught up instead of rushing to make a post while also trying to stay on top of the plotting. ^-^

@Annyeong Bunny agreed

Hmm o3o I was thinking that once every full moon all the dogs that reside within the complex sit on the roof of the building as a sort of monthly meeting? Rose would then announce that she's planning on leaving the city and suggests other dogs do the same o3o that would cause a bit of a stir

Oh! And maybe Rose happens to be wandering the apartment, she can smell dead dogs coming from Akira's flat and hears a whimper? Rosie ain't the most social dog so she should have a reason to wander from her comfort zone <__> @Navuso maybe Rex notices the smell and comes running yapping at the bigger dogs to try and help him break down the door??? :o

I'm just thinking of realistic ways to try and get the pupper out of the locked room. Unless ya had a different idea Bunny?

Now I'm curious just as to how akira managed to survive over a month in a lock flat o.o I'm guessing there was a bag of dog chow for her eat on. I'm thinking too hard on this <~>

@Pangoblin

I'm totally down for the idea!! And I was thinking that Akira managed to survive by tearing apart the house. Since the owners didn't disappear with the food, I was thinking that there would still be food in the cabinets, as well as the small bag of puppy chow (that would be gone of course after the disappearance first happened) ^-^ So, she's not totally starving to death or anything, but she's barely skating by. The only reason she's still alive is because she somehow managed to not get sick :') I like the idea of the others helping her out for sure! Otherwise I'm not sure how she would try getting out @_@

Rex: -huffs- "Why the hell ain't ya breaking down the door yet?! I told you that there's obviously someone inside!"

Ignoring how that's not how he's gonna talk and act, lol. Rex would totally be good at getting the other puppers to come and break down the door once he realizes that there's another dog within. Especially when he realizes that it's a pup and not an adult. (which he will then wonder how Akira managed to survive on her own, since he's not used to pups being resourceful enough without help. So he'll be impressed and probably feel a bit of guilt over not being able to help the other pups.)

I also love that you went with a black GSD rather than the usual saddled brown version <3

• Love
Reactions: Annyeong Bunny
Rose: "quit ya yappin' I'm tryin here! Noise lil hairball"

They shall be fast friends lol

Rose would hear Rex's borking and would feel curious enough to investigate/see for herself :o! Perefect~ feels like a noice natural way of charas meeting each other

It would be cool too if it was highlighting the fact that the dogs that live in the complex truly do not behave or think of themselves as a pack, just dogs that happen to live in the same place. And how when they see or think someone is in serious trouble they look the other way. Kind of like a mostly friendly neighborhood that doesn't really interact with others, or truly help each other in times of serious need. Every dog for themselves mentality, but with a nice and polite facade :0

There'd be a group of dogs living on the same floor level as Akira and are aware of the smell of death and may have heard her whimper on the occasion but never did anything to help. Instead they're kind of like "that's a shame" feeling bad for the pup but moving on with their lives.

Hello everyone! Sorry for not being social, I had classes start this week so Tues-Thurs I can't really be active, but I will try to be active over the weekend!

I also didn't read everything in the OOC, sort of just skimmed since I am usually short on time XD

Anyway, I have my character up! It's nice to meet all of you! I also had a look at the other characters and look more deeply into them, but already excited for us to get this roleplay started!

@Pangoblin Let me know if you need me to change Tai at all!

• Love
Reactions: Annyeong Bunny
Rose: "quit ya yappin' I'm tryin here! Noise lil hairball"

They shall be fast friends lol

Rose would hear Rex's borking and would feel curious enough to investigate/see for herself :o! Perefect~ feels like a noice natural way of charas meeting each other

It would be cool too if it was highlighting the fact that the dogs that live in the complex truly do not behave or think of themselves as a pack, just dogs that happen to live in the same place. And how when they see or think someone is in serious trouble they look the other way. Kind of like a mostly friendly neighborhood that doesn't really interact with others, or truly help each other in times of serious need. Every dog for themselves mentality, but with a nice and polite facade :0

There'd be a group of dogs living on the same floor level as Akira and are aware of the smell of death and may have heard her whimper on the occasion but never did anything to help. Instead they're kind of like "that's a shame" feeling bad for the pup but moving on with their lives.

I love that idea!!! It would be such an interesting difference in the dog society in the apartment. Especially since Rose and Rex would be the only ones finally trying to help; that would be like a shocker for the other group on Akira's floor. :')

Akira in the meantime before Rex and Rose show up: "I know you damn mutts know I'm in here... -.-" I also feel like Rose is going to be a huuuge role model for Akira, especially after saving her. T~T

LMAOOO thanks, I'm glad she's accepted!! XDD

• Bucket of Rainbows