2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
Lunavelle Beach - The Leoluna region

Haahaha! "Do you feel it Eev? This weather is so MAGICAL." Harmony stretched her arms high under the warmth of the gleaming sun. Bobbing in the expanse of the soothing crystal waves, she kicked her feet to stay afloat above the salty splashes.

A little tan fox squinted carefully at her human's sunny hair while floating at the center of a shining clear floaty that reflected the blue of the sky. Vee! The small fox agreed with a tiny raspy bark. The Eevee gave her a slippery lick on the cheek and shook its little head to shake dry the sea droplets from her fur.

"Leoluna is like a vacationer's dream." The joyous teen guided them toward the shoreline of the region she had always called her home. A faded glimpse of an elevated forest upon a distant island was visible on the horizon.

With the flow of a tickling breeze to the east, the calming aroma of Lunavelle lay baking in the glorious sunshine. Keeping lively in the sun, a glimmering egg rested partially buried in the warming sand upon shore.

"Doesn't that feel nice?" Giggled Harmony as she ruffled Eev's furry body within the comfort of a dry fuzzy towel. Eev pressed into the fabric and attempted to collect static for a lighthearted shocking surprise for Harmony, but her damp fur didn't help her achieve the goal.

Plopping Eev beside the purpley egg with care, Harmony began to relieve her briny drenched body with the sun baked towel. She curled her toes delightfully within the heated sand. Eev circled around the egg and proceeded to lay close to it's comforting heat with her tail wrapping around the base protectively.

BRR! A spontaneous honk came from a red and white colored penguin holding its tail that formed into a carrying sack behind its back. "Klaus! You startled me." Harmony giggled. "Do you have something for me?" She blinked curiously and knelt down to the Delibird's level.

Eev had only popped open an eye at Klaus's sudden arrival and quickly returned to her resting. She recognized the patters of his flapping feet from a distance before she had even opened her eye to look.

The festive penguin retrieved an envelop from it's bag with it's flipper and handed it to Harmony before bouncing away giddily. "Thanks cutie pie!" The yellowy haired girl called after the bouncy bird who disappeared from the sandy white beach. "It's a letter from Kurtis...." She swooned, "-I mean, the Professor."

Dear Aspiring young leaders,

My petition for the Pokemon Gym openings has been granted by the governess of Leoluna, and there will be a celebration this evening at the city hall downtown. I encourage you all to attend, so that you can meet with your competitors and grow acquainted with the others who share your pursuit. I ask that you report to my laboratory immediately to sign your name for the Gym Leader Initiation Training in order to receive your Gym leader license. See you soon. ...

"Let's hurry Eev, we actually have a good reason to go see Kurtis!" Harmony scooped up Eevee and the egg within a second, and hurried off toward the grassy lined path toward town with a sand covered bottom.

She could hardly contain her excitement, as she skipped over to collect her dry clothes that she left folded over a the railing of a wooden walkway. Before she realized, she dashed up to the center of town and raced passed the set up of stands for the coming celebration.

At the end of a row of storefronts of the Lunavelle shops, Harmony arrived at the foot of an enormous glass establishment. She took a breath before proceeding to throw open the doors, but nearly dropped Eev and the egg at the resistance of the door that wouldn't budge.

That's when she noticed the note on the door, 'Gone for an emergency. Be back later.' Harmony huffed in disappointment, but then her brows met together at the thought of the Professor having some sort of trouble.

"Guess we'll play the waiting game." She sighed to Eev who nuzzled comfortably against her breast.

"Others should be coming soon." Her heart sped up in excitement and her eyes anxiously flickered with wonder at the thought of an emerging new adventure. Harmony cuddled her face into the softness of Eev with smiling eyes and drew her egg close.

Tori Tobu
Lunavelle
The travel to Lunavelle from Keukelo was a rather peaceful one, and gave Tori a chance to just look at the clouds. Dee spent some of the time flying around her and Neri's heads, and the rest resting on Neri's head. It always annoyed her little sister that Dee chose her head as a nest, but Tori knew it meant Dee was feeling by Neri's side too, which was an incredibly reassuring feeling for her.

"We're here! Now where did the letter say we need to go in the city." Neri was quick to start rummaging through her bag. All the movement of the younger girl caused Dee to chirp annoyingly before jumping from her head and quickly moving to Tori's right shoulder instead. The rookidee then gazed at the clouds, the same direction that Tori's eyes were aimed at, before taking off once more and beginning to fly in circle. Tori couldn't help but smile upon seeing her friend take to the skies like that.

"Tori! Do you have the letter in your bag? I can't find it in mine." Neri suddenly asked her, and Tori moved to look at her little sister, before taking off her backpack and sitting on the ground. Some candy wrappings, notes about different flying pokemon she saw on the way, and finally she came upon the letter. She took it out and opened it "It says to go to the Professor's laboratory in order to sign up for the initiation training. Do you know where it is?" Tori looked at Neri, who was quick to nod with a confidence. Standing back up, she made a gentle whistle, which attracted Dee back to the two, and the bird landed right on Neri's head once more. While Neri was annoyed, she said nothing as they resumed walking once more.

They only got lost once on the way to the professor's laboratory. While Tori kept following her younger sister like a robot, Neri kept panicking and trying to figure out where exactly had she taken the wrong turn, and after about thirty minutes of wandering around, they finally made it to the entrance to the laboratory, which sat at the end of a row of shops. It was a bit of a disguise for the place in Neri's opinion, but she was glad they had finally made it.

"You really need to train Dee to locate places for us. Then we wouldn't have gotten lost like that! And can you get off me!" Neri started shaking her head gently, making the rookidee comply with her request and instead move to sit on Tori's head, who simply looked at her sister with a smile "Come now Neri, you know that's just a show of affection. He likes you."

Neri puffed her cheeks and muttered something about she likes her hair not becoming a mess, before noticing Tori was looking past her. Turning around, Neri noticed another girl standing by laboratory entrance, and quickly moved to approach her "Hey! Are you waiting for the sign ups for the initiation training? My sister is waiting for it too. I'm Neri Tobu, and she can introduce herself, unless she decides the clouds are more interesting again." Neri remarked, making an obvious jab at her older sister's tendencies.

Tori took slow steps towards the girl, giving Dee time to realize they were approaching someone unknown and hide his face behind his wings "I'm Tori. The shy guy on my head is Dee. It's nice to meet you. And like my sister said, I'm hoping to sign up for the initiation trainings. That's a cute Eevee you have in your arms." Tori said with a gentle smile, before raising her hand to gently pet Dee on the back as carefully as she could.

"Hello, I'm looking for sunglasses," Mélanie called out into the small store as the bell above the door let out a chime to announce her entry. Her eyes were drawn towards the only other person currently in the store. A man wearing what could pass as 'work attire' in a region as uncomfortably warm as this one. It had to be an employee of some kind. "Do you sell them here?" She followed up while faking a smile.

"We certainly do! What kind are you looking for?" The man inquired with a friendly disposition. It seemed like her admittedly simple request was met with a counter-question, and despite the man's good intentions that didn't sit well with her. "The kind that'll stop my eyes from hurting when I look at the bright-ass pavement, that kind, salaud." She took a deep breath to regain some form of composure and stared down the bewildered man for a few moments. "I'm sorry," Mélanie said, trying to break the uncomfortable air, "I'll just leave."

She quickly left the store after making that final statement and found herself back outside. Surrounded by storefronts and the clinging, uncomfortable heat. "Merde, how do people live in this weather?"

Despite still lacking the sunglasses she wanted, there was no way she'd risk repeating another outburst like that. Deciding to count her losses, she continued onwards. Slogging past the storefronts until she found a café that provided the only shadow she'd seen all day. Well, apart from the shadows under her eyes that is. Taking in the décor, the café seemed to capture the essence of the city well. It had a tropical feel to it with the colorful paint job it was sporting. However, there was no force in existence that could compel her to go have a drink inside some warm, packed, indoors area. No matter how inviting it seemed.

Instead, she took a free seat on the terrace outside. Ordering what would become the third cup of coffee of the day and lazily watching the people pass her by. Mildly jealous at how the heat didn't seem to bother them in the slightest while she sipped her drink. However, within a short amount of time, her quiet loathing of strangers was interrupted by the sound coming from her backpack. First the familiar noise of a Pokéball opening by itself. Then, some rustling as the bag shifted around on the floor, and finally a rotund pink blob popping out of the bag with a letter in its mouth.

"Gah.." Mélanie responded to the sight with unwarranted annoyance. Then realized her mistake and corrected her unpleasant expression towards the Pokémon. "Oh, mon petit chou, everything is alright, really." She explained lovingly to the small creature and helped release the plump little Pokémon from the tight bag. "I'm just, you know, having a 'mood', you're right, let's get going." This statement seemed to please the tiny creature as it let out a cheerful cry and nestled herself on top of Mélanie's head. Adding another light dose of pressure alongside the already present headache. "We need to put you on a diet, you're way too heavy for something that looks like a balloon."

"No, you're too heavy, it's not 'big-boned', do you even have bones?"
The playful argument with her Pokémon continued during their slog through the city until the mostly-glass building came within view. Close enough to be able to make out some people had gathered at the front door. Leading to an obvious conclusion. "It's closed, isn't it? Oh, merde, I'm supposed to meet the professor here, any idea where he is?" She directed her question to the people present. Not knowing who'd be able to provide an answer, if anyone.

Mentions: @Luelle @Nim

The boat bobbed softly in the blue ocean as they neared the Lunavelle harbor. Bazett balanced on the balls of her feet, keeping her core stable as the boat swayed below. Right punch, right punch, side kick, roundhouse. The sound of her fist and foot hitting the mast with a thwap was rather satisfying. She'd never trained on a boat before, but apparently it wasn't that hard.

"Young miss?" came a voice, scratchy and salty. She turned, and the aged captain was frowning. "I would...ask that you not damage my ship."

She blinked. There was...someone else around? She felt her cheeks warm as she quickly brushed the dust off of her clothes. "I'm - very sorry."

The old man chuckled. "No harm done, child."

Her face still red as a cheri berry - she could feel it - she decided to make herself scarce. As she hurried away from the mast, a scratchy laughter followed her. Mostly because it was coming from her shoulder.

"Far, far! Fetch'd! Far farfetch'd!" The armed-and-ready bird Pokémon was laughing its head off.

"Oh, shut up, you. It was your idea."

"Fetch'd? Farfetch'd?"

"Oh, don't play dumb. You were the one who found the mast."

Sétanta harrumphed - or, as close to that as a Farfetch'd could do. "Farfetch'd."

The very next moment, she was rather glad indeed she had been practicing mobile balance on a boat, because it shifted under her feet as a thunk reverberated through it, and the boat stopped. "Well, we're here!" she said, all arguments with stubborn armed birds like dust on the wind. She made her way to the dockside exit at as dignified and mature a pace as she could - it wasn't very slow - and hopped off the boat and onto the dock.

"Alright, where to?" She flipped open a notebook. "The professor's lab, huh?"

After some mostly aimless wandering, she found a map that gave the way, and she picked up her pace to a strong run down the road to the lab. Finally, the building came into view - too quickly slow down slow down slow down!

She failed to slow down in time, and instead felt herself losing traction. Instead of fall on her face, she pushed off the ground with her foot and - she managed to turn it into a cartwheel. She raised her hands in success - and blanched when she realized there were four other girls there.

Very self-consciously, she brushed off her clothes, before trying her best to plaster a confident smile on her face. "Hello! Is this the laboratory of Professor Rylund?"

d2403beb7beaf76add10c1dedcc81117.jpg

Somewhere on Lunavelle Beach, a little bit closer to town....​

Partially buried in the sand and completely asleep, Vanna almost looked harmless. Almost. The spiritomb who was tediously working to build a sand fortress around his sleeping human knew her better. Keeping people from disturbing her would be necessary in order to secure a lazy day status, one that he'd been trying and failing to achieve ever since they hopped on that boat out of Snowpoint City.

The temperature change was enough to slow her down significantly, but once she got used to it she was going to be back to her beastly self. But until then... Fen put a little stick in the top of one of the little towers of sand, imagining a little flag waving from it. This was nice.

The spiritomb let out a little groan as he heard the approaching plat plat plat of a certain penguinny pokemon running by. It was then followed by the stomp stomp stomp of a human in a rush, and like some call of the wild, more than likely hearing her own speedy kind, Vanna shoots up, sand clinging in her hair. "... is that today?"

Fen gives her an innocent look. Is what today?

She looks around wildly for her bag, knowing she had it somewhere next to her. And seeing all the sand castles around her, she lets out a little sigh. "Fen... where is it?"

Innocence x3. Where's what?

"I don't want to wreck all your castles, but I know you hid my bag under one of them. So if you just uncover it for me, we don't have to do this whole wrecking your stuff thing... so pleeeeaseeeeeeeee......." She gives the innocent looking spiritomb the best puppy dog eyes she could.

It was super effective. Fen grumbles and knocks over one of the sand castles, revealing her grey bag. She quickly gets up, trying to brush off the sand as best as she can. She shakes out her hair, quickly scrambling to throw her business suit on over her bikini. She shoulders her bag, and Fen sees her preparing to run off, so he chomps down on the bag and offers nothing but dead weight as he mostly retreats back into his little rock.

Vans, pretty much used to lugging around 200lbs of ghostly dead weight at this point, huffs a sigh and walks off towards town. She made her way though the streets, looking at storefront windows as she made her way towards the lab. And she grinned when she saw another girl, clad in a business suit and everything, do a cartwheel on approach. It was decided then and there that she was going to be friends with the redhead.

Fen saw this too. Oh Arceus there's two of them.

"Hey, are all of you here to sign up for the whole gym leader thing?" She asks curiously, looking at the assortment of girls gathered up.

Lunavelle City

One could see many oddities as they wander through the warm, beach side city of Lunavelle. Ice cream shops, barbers, fishing shops, general supply. What you might not expect, however, is a young girl digging through garbage. And not the icky stuff, this girl knew what she was doing.

"Gotcha'!" The girl with short purple hair exclaimed, popping out of a large dumpster with a small, squirming rattata grasped in her hand by the tail. An excited zubat flits through the air and rests, softly, on the girls head. "You little rascal, ya' can't be going through the old shopkeep's garbage. He's gonna get yeh' one day and then what?" She gently set the rattata on the ground, and it looked back up at her quizzically. "Now go on, get. Go find somebody else's garbage to mess around in. Particularly somebody less angry." The tiny pokemon chittered playfully at her and then scampered off.

That girl was Ashely, she and her partner zubat had just recently moved here to Lunavelle in the Leoluna Region with her father. You could find her going through garbage, crawling through grass and bushes, digging in the sand, and climbing trees all to catch pokemon with her bare hands. You wouldn't call her a... conventional trainer.

Ashely proudly dusted off her hands. "Easy peezy, Zubat! Now let's go and get something to eat-" She was interrupted by the sound of a door slamming. The familiar jingle of a small bell notified her exactly which door, the store front's. Ashely and Zubat peered out from the alleyway they had been just dumpster diving to find a somewhat tired looking girl calming herself down outside of the store's entrance. Now Ashely had never seen this girl before and, well, curiosity got the better of her.

"You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" She whispered to her partner. She didn't even need to look to know that Zubat was nodding back at her, still seated comfortably in her messy hair. The pair proceeded to stealthily follow the lone girl throughout the town. When Ashely was younger, her father would tell her stories of ninjas that resided in her home region that specialized in poison type pokemon, and she and Zubat both loved playing the part. She knew the shadows in this town better than anyone.

Eventually the tired girl stopped to get a beverage. Ashely was watching her seated on the terrace of the building from across the street. She noticed a pink, round pokemon protrude from her backpack, not recognizing it. "Who's that pokemon??" She whispered excitedly to her partner. "I just have to hold it!" Her excitement faded back into curiosity as the girl now brandished a letter. Ashely pondered for a moment. She had also received a letter today, but she never bothered to read it. She should get her priorities straight.

She stopped paying attention to the girl and turned to her mint green, single strapped bag. Opening it up revealed a worn out sketchbook, a flexible pencil case, and the letter. She took it out and refastened her bag. Zubat, now restless, took off from its mount and was back to zipping silently through the air. Ashley tore open the letter and read the contents.

"Gym leader license, huh? Wouldn't that be interesting..." She wondered out loud. She looked up, focusing back to her original objective but, the tired looking girl was missing! "Gah- You look away for 8 and a half seconds..." She grumbled, looking back at her letter. "Well. I guess I ain't got no choice, now. Zubat, let's go!" She put the letter away, Zubat re-perched in her hair, and they set off towards the lab.

It took her quite a bit to reach her destination, as mild distractions are quite normal for this trainer, but Ashely made it to the laboratory in the end. There were quite a handful of colorful trainers there already, but one stood out to her more than the others.

"
The girl I followed around all day that looks like she could use some sleep maybe!!!" She exclaimed to herself, not really paying attention or caring if she was in earshot of the others. Zubat was just as surprised as her, flapping it's wings suddenly. Ashely didn't really have any intention of approaching the group residing outside of the laboratory, she'd rather just stand in shock staring at the trainer in question.

Lunavelle City Hall - Leoluna

z2c4a47e18bf0275733b19dc3748ed83b.jpg
The Governess

"OW you got some IN MY EYE." Fumed the Governess, as a hired artist powdered her face.

The makeup artist nervously apologized and immediately handed the enraged girl a silk handkerchief to clean her eye. "I'm so very sorry miss Leola. The look is finished, I hope you like it." Leola snatched the cloth without a word.

"You call this a LOOK?" Leola cringed in the mirror while batting her eye like a crazed person. "GET OUT." She ordered the apologetic young girl who collected her tools with teary eyes.

"How's my princess??" Entering into the wardrobe room, a dapper looking older gentleman approached. His jet black hair frosted with ashy grey on the ends and the same for his well groomed goatee.

"Oh daddy.... Do you have a gift for me?" She batted her wilting fake lashes toward him.

"Yes honey bun, I got you a special surprise. Your favorite." The man placed down an elaborately wrapped present. Without a second to lose, the Governess was already at his side ripping into the package.

Eeee! An Eevee with a patch of curly fur on its head popped excitedly out of the box. Leola took in the surprise for a moment and then her face rested into a blank stare.

"It's not shiny..." Leola halfway snapped at her father while shoving the present aside.

The Eevee's ears drooped and he dropped back down into the gift box. "Oh honey cake, the shinies can be so rare to find. Here, why don't you use my Ditto to wow the crowd at the celebration today."

"Yes, I will have the basic blob transform into something extravagant, so that I can make my grand entrance." She took Ditto's pokeball from her father's offering hand.

"Maybe I can use some of the Gym donations to purchase a shiny." She giggled, as she wheeled back to her vanity.

Altair & Psion

Lunavelle Beach​

A group of Shellder and Staryu roamed the beach as a boy overlooked them on a hill, his Klefki hovered nearby. Without warning the boy dashed at the wild Pokemon with arm outstretched, "Light screen." The Klefki zipped forward and created a shining barrier almost instantly, much faster than any other Pokemon's ability to react. When they did, a few bubbles and water guns were directly at the Klefki, but they barely damaged it behind light screen. "Ok, now hit them with thunder wave!" A small pulse of electricity came out of the key Pokemon quickly, as the wild Pokemon began to slow.

Hmmm, it would be a good time to use dazzling gleam...but...The wild Pokemon began swarming and drawing closer, with more pulling in. "Ugh, Psi, use thief on the nearest ones." The Klefki zipped back and forth between a few Shellders, knocking them back a bit. The white-haired boy hopped back at the same time, seeing that the multibattle is wearing down his Pokemon. The light screen petered out soon after. "Alright, let's pull back."

The Klefki, Psion, quickly followed its trainer, Altair, leaving the slowed wild Pokemon in the sandy beach. When they made it close to the city, the keyring fairy put up its ring-like limbs, and presented its trainer with a shining pearl.

Lunavelle City​

Peaking out of the alleyway into the street, Altair searched for someone airy and lofty looking in the bustling city. This region's cities were nowhere near as big as his home Castelia, and the people seem more laid back as well, he almost felt slightly bad for stealing from them. He could see a couple of young trainers pass by, some sisters...a really energetic girl...then a really tired looking one, and a slightly ruffled up looking girl as well. Bright magenta eyes narrowed, less from the sunlight and more from thinking. There's no one rich looking in this place. Psion, the Klefki jingled his keys loudly in agreement with his trainer.

"What do you mean you got nothing?" Altair poked his partner Pokemon a bit. The key fairy flailed its ring around a bit, "I thought this place would be loaded with rich kids." A small sigh came out of Altair as he leaned against the shaded walls. "I guess we have to go do that thing then..." Altair scrolled around the city map on his crosstransceiver a bit, checking the address of the lab as he walked around the city, pull his Pokemon back when it gets too aggressive with any dragon types.

When he arrived at the lab the first thing Psion did was start jingling his keys furious at a rock. "Huh...Oh." Altair was a bit confused at first, after all, he only did that to dragons most of the time, but he recognized the rock as an odd keystone. "No Psi, not even if it's only weak to fairy," he strolled up to the lab nonchalantly, there was no way there was wild Spiritomb out here in the middle of a city. As Altair pulled the little keyring back he nodded to the older girl in a suit, presumably the trainer. "Ah, he does that, please don't mind it."

Lunavelle Beach -> Lunavelle City
It had been quite the journey to get here. But as the trench coated figure walked he took the time to look around. Looking into his back slung over his left shoulder and on his jacket Leon pulled out a berry. The round blue berry being popular and rather good for a Pokemon's health he slowly knelt down as to not aggravate his leg. He was soon met by rapid clinking as his steel covered companion happily ate the berry "You have earned it my dear. You have been helping take care of me and for that i am grateful" As his aron ate the oran berry he smiled petting her. Brass was more than just a companion. In truth he was only alive today because of her. Though Brass can be overprotective he would be for her as well. Slowly rising to his feet he brought the Pokeball topped cane beside his leg adjusting to the new stance then continued at a comfortable walk.

The view of the beach and everything around it was beautiful. But he did admit once they arrived he preferred his feet on the ground more than a boat. As he found a secluded bench he took a rest and smiled as Brass gently nuzzled his leg "Go on, enjoy yourself. We were on a boat for a long while" Seeing her emotions blossom as she bounced and filled the air with rapid clinking as she rushed for a grassy spot using dig. Always feeling more comfortable with soil or dirt on her in some degree. Watching her Leon could only smile. He felt similar. Though he nearly died int he cave he met her in he never felt happier. He then closed his eyes enjoying the relaxing sun. Smelling the sea salt in the air. Once allowing himself to return from his deep relaxation did he want to check something again. Opening up the letter he had received and he read it again still surprised to have gotten it at all "Well, shouldn't keep them waiting. At the very least we get to meet some new people. At worst a battle or two" Slowly standing he had not needed to call Brass. Rather he turned and she had exited the ground with a loud PoP and followed. Shaking off extra dirt that clung to her.

The city being a wonder to him compared to his home town. Though not unlike it completely. Both are bound by water and maybe had similar traditions. But looks alone set it apart. He stopped to purchase some berries and other supplies. Something his father had been adamant on. Learning what helps a Pokemon and what only heals specific ailments. Since his companion was helping care for him he and his family thought it natural he learn to care fro Brass. Even though she causes a bit of mischief to lighten his mood he could rarely if ever complain about her.

Reaching the gathering group in front of the meeting place he smiled. There were more than he expected. More possible gym leaders than his region alone. But he didn't know this region very well. Maybe they had more gyms. Only time would tell he guessed. Standing by some of the people he showed no sign of weakness giving the same view of confidence and strength even if physically he lacked it in his leg. He smiled looking down at Brass "Looks like we are here my friend. Do play nice will you?" Brass seemed to look at the group of Pokemon and people and stood by his left leg just far enough so he could walk with his cane. Leon only chuckled and slowly knelt to calmly pet her yet again "I am not saying don't be careful. I am just saying loosen up maybe a smidgen" Moving his petting hand away he moved his index finger and thumb a few cementers apart. Brass shook her head and he closed the gap "Now?" He looked and she shook her head again more playfully this time. It repeating until his fingers nearly touched and she nodded "There is no persuading you is there" They both chuckled and in Brass's case made a clinking noiseor when she was happy boinced on her feet making a similar noise.

------------------------------------------------
Lunavelle City - train station
------------------------------------------------
"Okay, so if I take a left from here and then a right, then another right and..oh boy." Alder looked from his map to his watch as he stepped off the train, which had been delayed for more than an hour by an especially stubborn herd of Gogoat. It was late. He should've been at the professor's lab already, and he wasn't even sure his map was accurate at all! Now, Alder had been to the city before, but there had obviously been some big changes since then. He fished an oran berry out from his mess of a bag and absentmindedly took a bite as he began walking in the direction he thought was maybe right. "Alright so North is- wait.." He flipped the map around so that North was pointing upward, and you know it suddenly looked a lot more accurate. Alder did a quick once-over on the contents of his satchel, finding a sleeping Larvesta amongst the berry bush clippings that littered the inside of the bag. He was pleased that Mothra seemed to like the makeshift nest, but now wasn't the time.

With that, Alder began speed-walking down streets and alleys, continually shifting his gaze from the map, watch, his napping Pokemon, and sometimes he even made sure to look where he was going. When he finally found the lab he realized there was already a plethora of young trainers like himself standing outside. Funny, he'd thought any others would already be inside. Still, Alder was relieved to at least be at his destination and he slowly approached the group gathered there, munching on his oran berry as he stowed his map back inside the filthy satchel at his side. Alder almost tried to make up some small talk when a stringy web hit him smack in the middle of the cheek. "Hey- not right now, I need to look like a future gym leader!" Of course, he'd forgotten entirely to not let the entire group of other aspiring gym leaders hear him yell at the smug-looking caterpillar sitting in his bag.

Last edited:
5ba060e4bf6156f99e3f43c30e1ec2c4.png

"Come on you can do it!" "Pull it in!" "Go on!" Could be herd echoing from one of the fishing docks at Lunavelle harbor as a crowd began to form. In the center of the commotion was the captain and a few crew members of the cruise ship that had just landed early this mornining all cheering as Tommy battled a fish that he had hooked. "Get ready Bepo" Tommy says using all his strength just to keep from being pulled into the water. "Here it comes!" He yells finally pulling what seemed to be a Wailmer out from the water "Now Bepo!" Making his mudkip charge at the Wailmer only to dodge out of the way when it fires a quick water gun that ends up soaking Tommy before he could move it onto the docks. "Thanks Bepo" Tommy says after spitting some water out from his mouth while Bepo did his usual victory dance . "Quick let's get a picture" the captain says taking picture of him next to his catch. "Allright men let's let the lad do what he came here to do" the captain says telling the crew members to get back to work. "I'll see you around guys" Tommy says releasing the Wailmer back into the sea. "your welcome back to the ship anytime lad" the captain says shaking Tommy's hand. "WAIT! TOMMY" A nurse joy says running on the docks holding a basket.

"This is a little farewell package from me and the others" she says handing Tommy the baskets. "The ship's chefs thinks they have mastered the rice ball recipe you taught them, and they want you to taste there very first batch, that's not all, the ships gift shop set you up with a few potions, antidotes and a few other items. The woman from E1 gave you a few pokeballs too.. "Jesus woman, come up for air" the captain says looking at the the Nurse joy surprised that she hasnt passed out yet. "And last but not least, a post card signed by the crew......And I also wrote my number on it!" The nurse joy blurts out like it was a bad thing to do. "....you know hehe,....incase your ever in any trouble and get hurt..." she says making Tommy chuckle "there is a nurse joy in like every to..." feeling eerie auro from the Joy, Tommy gos quiet while Bepo slowly backs behind him. "Well" The nurse joy says slightly turning her head "if you ever get hurt, not in...." "alright lass, that's enough I'm sure he gets it , take care of ya self you hear" the captain says pushing the nurse joy back to the ship while she yells Tommy's name. "Let's get out of here Bepo" Tommy says walking the other way while covering his face as he headed towards the professors laboratory.

Professor Rylund's Laboratory - Lunavelle city

"The wind really did a number on my hair today." Harmony warmly giggled to Eev, as she teased her long yellow curls in the reflection of the glass wall. Eev let out a tiny snore in her comfortable position within Harmony's arms.

A stranger's voice greeted her from behind, and she immediately spun around with a bright smile to the younger girl. "Hiiiii! Yes, I'm here to see the Professor too. I'm Harmony. Nice to meet you Neri!"

"Oh my gosh how cute...." Harmony beamed, seeing the shy little guy perched on the other girl's head. "It's a pleasure to meet you both! I can't wait to see what this initiation training is all about." Her face lit up even brighter at Tori's complimentary mention of her Eevee. "Isn't she? This sleepyhead here is Eev." Harmony gave a thankful smile to Tori.

Another voice came onto the scene discovering that the laboratory was closed. Shortly after, a red head tumbled in behind her rather ungracefully. "Yes! He left a note. Come join us!" She happily offered to the newcomers, one looking quite exhausted. Harmony suspected that she must've traveled for many miles to get here.

Soon enough a whole crowd of teenagers were standing outside of Rylund's lab. "Eev look, there's so many adorable Pokemon!" Harmony squealed. Veeee.. Eev yawned, and she squinted sleepily at the new batch of humans.

"Your cane is so neat." Harmony skipped over to a boy with a big smile. "WOW." She noticed the boy's service Pokemon, an adorable Aron the shade of bronze. "A Leolunan Aron! Those aren't very common here in Lunavelle. SO CUTE."

She went on to introduce herself to the others until her attention was stolen by a familiar voice.

"oh." The fresh voice of Professor Rylund peeped through the chatter. "I um, wow." His eyes flickered wide for a moment at the sight of the number of them. Rylund rubbed his right shoulder uneasily and stepped carefully closer down the pebbled street.

"Looks like you found the place." He managed a joke, as he edged around the sea of teens to get to the front door.

"So I-uh will bring the signup sheet." He quickly scanned a card hanging from the necklace beneath his shirt, and popped inside. "Here we are." He returned outside and posted it to a bulletin board hanging outside the lab.

Harmony lost her breath to speak and her face was redder than the ripest apple, but she swiftly held up Eev to hide it. She was completely unprepared for the professor's arrival and he seemed cuter by each passing day.

When her cheeks died down, she found the courage to make him aware of her. "Kurtis!" She shouted his name a lot louder than she anticipated. Her heart froze, but she cleared her throat in a hurry.

"-Professor Rylund, we're so glad you're here!"

"oh. Hi Harmony." He walked passed her with a warm wave. "Glad you all made it." He stepped passed her and found a comfortable distance from the large group. "The celebration will start soon." He looked to the sun setting on the sky.

"Go and enjoy yourselves. You'll hear from me again. Klaus will make sure of that." He said with a slight smile. He gave them a friendly wave and slid back safely inside his lab.

Last edited:
Listening to the two girls present, it quickly became apparent that they didn't know where the professor was either. Even if he had left a note, it was clear the professor himself wasn't present. There was nothing left to do but wait. Yet, even though Mélanie had been invited to join the two already present, she'd rather be scarce for a while. Keeping her distance to prevent causing a scene akin to earlier today. "Thanks, but I'm fine waiting by myself." Something that wasn't going to be easy with the sun's heat exerting a continuous assault on her tired eyes. The brightness seemed keen on causing her agitation by worsening her headache.

"I'm sorry, mon petit chou, but you need to get off for a bit." She gently took the Pokémon off her head. "My headache is killing me and you're not helping." The little pink blob seemed more than happy to comply and began hovering around Mélanie instead as the girl reached into her pocket. Taking out a small package that served as her 'last resort' for stress relief. Her companion whined disapprovingly at the sight of the package. "Hush, I know, I know, 'I'm better than this'." Mélanie argued with her Pokémon as she brought the cigarette to her mouth. Lighting the end with the small flame of a lighter.

A moment later Mélanie sighed relieved as the smoke left her mouth. However, that sense of relief didn't last. It seemed like the area around the laboratory became more and more crowded with trainers. Eccentric types too. The kind that'll perform cartwheels in a suit while the sun is burning hotter than ever. "Gah, quel salaud." She muttered to herself, keeping an eye on the girl in case any more acrobatics were going to come out of nowhere.

After a short while of scowling at the suit-wearing acrobat, both her and her Pokémon's attentions were pulled towards a voice talking about a girl that could 'use some sleep maybe'. Considering everybody else present looked fit enough, she could only assume she was the one being addressed. "Va te faire enculer, who're you calling tired." She moved in on the purple-haired girl. Followed closely by her concerned looking Pokémon who could already sense the possibility for an impending disaster. "And what do you mean followed me around all day?" The idea of being followed around by some stalker wasn't something she was taking lightly. Especially not with everything that had already happened today. It didn't matter how much her Pokémon was trying to tug her away from this situation. She would have an answer before anything else.

Mentions: @Luelle @Enthriper

d2403beb7beaf76add10c1dedcc81117.jpg

Outside the Lab​

Vans was almost relaxed, looking around curiously at everyone's pokemon, noting typings and possibly which regions they could be from. Disaster struck when she heard keys jangling and suddenly she was very much off balance, stumbling forward as her counterweight was gone. Miraculously she didn't eat pavement.

At the jangle of doom, Fen finally let go of his trainer's bag and fully retreated into his rock as he dropped to the ground. There was a little thud and a grumble from him. A little bit of blue became visible from the rock, followed by two purple eyes. He grumbles and hops defensively between Captain Jingle and his trainer. Still not coming all the way out of the rock, but the protective gesture was there.

"Uh, it's alright...? Fen, easy buddy." Vanna said with a hint of confusion to her voice as she looked between Fen and the little angry keyring. The grumble that came from Fen seemed to be in direct protest of her statement. "I'm Vanna, what's your name?" She says in a bid for a peace treaty. Or something of the like.

The conversation cut off as the professor came up. And quickly made himself scarce. She grinned devilishly at the blonde girl. "Oooooh~ someone's on first name basis with the professor~" She says teasingly, a little chuckle following her words, her sharp eye having noticed the girl turn as bright as a tomato when he'd made his appearance.

Fen grumbles again and comes out of his little rock. This time he begins chewing on the cuff of Vanna's suit jacket. Vanna paid little mind to it, as it was somewhat typical.

Nobody...said anything....about it... That qualified as a victory in Bazett's books. Pulled it off. Maybe nobody even noticed?

She spared a glance up and-nope. She could see a girl with - ugh, a cigarette? Her poor Pokémon - giving her a death glare. She had, at least, enough self-confidence to glare back.

She was shaken from her thoughts when a young man - a few years older than her, probably? - eventually walked up, dressed all science-y and stuff. A bit young for a professor, but Bazett had seen weirder, to be quite honest. He began to talk to the blond girl who was closest to the door, something something signup sheet - oh! That sounds important. Idly, she wondered why the blond girl's face was red enough to trick your average Jigglypuff into thinking it's a cheri berry. Sure, Bazett was familiar with embarrassment, but what was she embarrassed about?

When the probably-professor disappeared into the lab, she promptly strode up to the hanging sheet in her best professional-businesswoman-stride, and wrote her name clearly on it. With that, she stepped back a step, and turned to the blond girl. Now to solve a mystery. "Hello! I'm Bazett. Nice to meet you!"

On her shoulder, Sétanta lazily saluted with his leek. "Fetch'd!"

@Luelle

Last edited:
There was a ship that had left a little late from the port of Castelia City. On that boat was a young boy on his journey towards a new adventure with his partner for life by his side. The boat ride took several days, and He had caused quite a bit of trouble for the other guests, searching the boat for all sorts of stories from ghost stories to tragic love stories, he interview almost everyone, much to their own chagrin as he was relentless in his rapid fire of questions. He eventually was confined to his room on several occasions. However, on the last day, he spent the entire time on the deck of the shiip, waiting to get his first picture of Lunavelle. Soon it showed itself on the horizon.

"Look Crier! There it is! Oh man, I need to get my film all prepped... Gah!" Moe had just opened his camera bag, and down fell one of his rolls of film for his camera, a more antique one, but he felt the pictures looked more genuine this way. The film bounced a few times and slowly started rolling towards the edge of the ship. He quickly lunged at it, just as the ship hit a large wave, bouncing up, and tossing the film into the air. He grabbed at it, only managing to juggle it in the air. It was about to fall overboard, when his partner held out it's tiny hands and managed to hold on to it. "Whew! Nice job Crier. I've got big plans for this. It's not every day you get to record the entirety of the Gym Leader Initiation Training. I think this will be my most popular issue yet!"

He rushed off the ship after the gangplank was dropped, pushing past many other people, shouting, "Sorry! In a hurry!" and "How am I so late already!?!" Needless to say, Moe was not quite on time to the meeting at Professor Rylund's lab. There was another person he'd love to interview, being the youngest professor ever. But that would have to wait. Moe asked person after person where the lab was and they gave excellent directions. But Moe just didn't know how to use them. All the while, Crier was pulling at his pant leg trying to point him towards the building they had passed almost twelve times by now with the gathering of young pokemon trainers around it. At last he found it through sheer luck, approaching the group of trainers, as they were pretty much the only people he hadn't asked yet.

"Excuse me... but where is Profe-Professor Rylund's lab? I've been searching for quite a-a while now." Moe panted, out of breath after running around for so long. He was clueless to where he was, but Crier was more aware, seeing all the pokemon around. While he wanted to make friends, he was still timid, being a whismur, there wasn't much he could do to escape that fate quite yet. Crier hid himself behind Moe's legs.

Ashely smiled nervously as the girl approached her, but Ashely was unflinching. She touched the tips of her index fingers together and she looked up at the girl, laughing a bit. "Who me? Haha, sorry 'bout that!" Zubat stuck its tiny head out of the mess that was Ashely's hair and screeched a tiny adorable cry at the accusatory trainer.

Ashely raised one arm up to push the pokemon back into her hair. "Zubat! Be nice!" She pouted.
Turning her attention back to the trainer and smiling again, a bit embarrassed by her partner, she set out about explaining herself.

"You see, uh, well, you got it half wrong, there, miss. I wasn't, um, following, well, you, as much as I was yer'... pokemon?"
Her eyes were bright and her grin took up most of her face. "The darn thing was just so cute and I'd never seen one like it before in all my life."

Ashely's attention was being totally absorbed by this trainer, and thus she was oblivious to everything else happening around herself.

Downtown - Lunavelle City

A flock of sea birds cut through the orange sky over the towering buildings with roofing the color of a blue moon. Wiiiiing! They cried as they circled through the air and disappeared into the setting sun.

Below, a festivity at the water's edge would soon begin. Overlooking the deeper refreshing waters, was Lunavelle's smooth streets of pebble that faded into shallow pools to be waded through.

People and their Pokemon drifted in the ocean warmth with tropical fruity drinks, while others were in the streets with sweet delicacies on a stick and festive chatter around the decorative merchant stands.

The stands formed an arch on both sides around the monstrous city hall. At the top of the large marble staircase, a border of tropical flowers and twinkling crystals adorned the entrance between the marvelous pillars.

Near city hall was a grandiose gazebo at the front of a popular bar with beads dangling from the rafters.

"What's taking so long..?" Leola grunted peeping outside the large glass window of city hall.

"We're allowing everyone enough time to join the festivities." Her father responded, as he affectionately fixed one of her stray curls. Leola slapped his hand away, "My HAIR! Don't touch." Her father just sighed.

"I don't even care, I'm going out now." She impatiently declared. Her father raised a hand to interject, but she was off to exit before he could get in a word. Leola stood behind the door and released Ditto from it's ball with a flash of light.

"I don't want you. I want this." Leola pushed a photograph directly into its face absent of patience. "Transform." She ordered, and the pink amorphous Pokemon began to glow.

The tall doors of city hall cracked open and out stepped the Governess at the top of the high marbled steps. Heads began to turn her way at the sight of the glittering dinosaur towering beside her.

4QBxCO.jpg

Her new dress colorfully coordinated to the magnificent Pokemon's colors. Leola flowed her way as gracefully as she could to a microphone stand that awaited in front of her.

The shining sauropod met at her side, and drew the attention she thrived from.

"Good people of Lunavelle, we celebrate on this lovely occasion to-Eek" The mic screeched as she quickly snatched up the skirt of her dress to reveal what had brushed against her legs.

Her father's gift found Leola and desperately tried to get her attention. Eeev. "you little rat....." She spewed silently under her breath and kicked her leg back to knock him away without making a scene.

She quickly turned back to the audience, and played off the incident as they could not see what had happened from far off. "Oh me, I'm so sorry for that small interruption." She giggled to the crowd and smiled to her Aurorus imposter.

Her face quickly turned into a grimace when she noticed that Ditto had broken it's focus from being startled and caused the awe-striking Aurorus's face to be the lifeless face of a Ditto.

Gasps could be heard from the crowd at the sight of the now derpy looking dinosaur that stretched above the Governess. Leola's blood became boiling hot, but she kept her composure and continued.

"Isn't ditto's display WONDERFUL?" She nudged the Ditto faced Aurorus much harder than she let on causing him to snap back into original form. The blob landed in her arms and she twirled around as if it was all apart of the show.

She gave a giggle into the pink puddle's face, that from far away looked endearing but up close was tainted with a wide eyed scorn to the blob she now despised more than ever.

"We raise our glasses to the exciting approval of Leoluna's first Pokemon Gyms that complete their constructions by the end of Summer." She forced a huge smile which was met by the roaring applause of excited Lunavellen citizens.

"Carry on with good cheer and I shall join you momentarily in celebration." Leola blew a kiss to the crowd and spun on her heels with her face twisted in rage. She stepped inside to sling Ditto into her father's face. "USELESS."

"Now honey-"

"SAVE IT." She spat out in a fury. She swallowed a huge breath and straightened up her outfit.

"I will endure a short mingling with the peasants and look grateful to have them as my stepping stones." She puffed, and turned back to join the party. Glaring around in hopes to find the wretched tiny fox.

Last edited:
Tori Tobu
Lunavelle
Interacting briefly with: Harmony (@Luelle ),

Tori nodded in agreement to what Harmony said. And before long, the area around them became quite crowded with other people, all of whom were apparently looking to sign up for the gym initiation training. While Tori didn't seem to mind, she could feel Dee try to borrow his head further behind his wings, as if he was trying to make himself shrink even further into Tori's head and hide away from everyone around. She moved her hand up once more and petted him gently, trying to calm the small bird down the best she could. Hearing a small chirp of gratitude

Neri, on her end, felt like some her own energies were being taken away by just seeing how many people were becoming present. It was feeling as though what she wanted to do was already beginning to slip from their hands, and they haven't had a chance to sign up yet! But at the very least, the crowd around seemed to be interesting and pretty varied with the pokemon and types they possessed. Some made some interesting entrances, such as a cart wheel from one person, and another that decided to smoke. But it didn't take long, and then the apparently rather young professor arrived.

He went into the lab and brought out the sign up sheet, hanging it on a bulletin board, which Neri then poked her sister to go sign herself up. While Tori went to do that, Neri kept looking at the professor, who was approached by Harmony in a first name basis. Well, that already showed quite a lot on whatever relationship those two had between them, Neri thought to herself, as Tori went back to Neri and the two heard of the free time they were now allowed to have.

As some of the others in the area started to talk to one another, Tori seemed to ponder for a moment what to do, before Neri pulled on her sleeve "Tori, lets go check out the festivities the professor mentioned!" And began pulling her older sister's arm. Smiling, Tori nodded "I'm guessing you're going to lead the way then." She said and allowed her younger sister to drag her out of one crowd, before leading them to another crowd.

They both stopped in the crowd, with Dee beginning to slightly shake on Tori's head. As the two sisters watched as Leola tried to speak to the people, only for whatever she had planned to clearly start breaking not even a sentence in. Neri couldn't help but become fixed on what caused the initial distraction, while Tori's attention seemed to just slip away from the intial distraction onto the face of the Ditto that appeared on the Aurorus. Neri couldn't believe that the woman would shove any pokemon away like that, and quickly ducked down without saying so much as a word to her older sister. She became crawling between peoples feet, trying to find the little Eevee that was pushed away like that "Eevee! Eevee! Where are you!" She started to call to the pokemon with a soft, gentle voice while moving between peoples feet.

After Leola went back inside, Tori moved her right hand to pet the shaking Dee some more "There there Dee. It's alright. I promise we won't be around this crowd for much longer. We just need to wait for Neri to come back to us." She said, and looked at the now empty space next to her. She knew Neri had a very good reason to go off on her own, and decided to remain in the spot for the time being. Perhaps make it a bit easier for her younger sister to find her afterwards.

Mélanie's temper seemed to cool down a bit after hearing the explanation of her so-called 'stalker'. As her expression shifted from furious to mildly annoyed, she glanced over to the purple-haired girl's interest. Gummy, still vigorously trying to pull the two apart by tugging on her sleeve. "Right, right, well this is Gummy and now you have met her." She retorted only to be whined at by the pink blob acting as her conscious. "What, listen, it's not like that, fine, fine!" After what seemed like being corrected by her Pokémon, she turned her gaze back onto the girl before her. "I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just not in the mood for all of this," she explained enunciating on the 'this' as she gestured at the girl.

With that clarifying statement, Mélanie turned around and removed herself from the conversation. It looked like some of the others present had been writing something down on a bulletin board. Considering the board was part of the laboratory, it was probably worth checking out. Meanwhile, Gummy remained floating around the purple-haired girl who'd won her over by calling her cute. To her, this new person seemed nice and worth trying to salvage the first impression Mélanie had left. Figuring the best way to achieve this was lazily floating around the new person until Mélanie would come looking. At which point she'd have to strike up a conversation again, right? It was a foolproof plan!

Mentions: @Enthriper

Reactions: AshenAngel and Nim