Path of a Gym Leader OOC

Thought I'd provide some details about the professsor 😊

Professor Rylund
EPRxpRrUYAAbc0A.jpg

The baby faced new Professor of Leoluna who apprenticed under Harmony's mother the former Prof. Styla. At only seventeen years of age, Kurtis Rylund became the youngest qualified Professor in the region after publishing his scientific journals on the Metamorphosis of Dual and Secondary Types.

Rylund's research has opened doorways to understanding the sudden change in a Pokemon's typing and provided valuable insight on the development of regional variants. When his mentor chose to retire early, she made a recommendation for Rylund to become the newest head Professor of the region.

Released from his academy for his freakish intelligence, Kurtis went onto explore higher education and Professor Styla happily took him under her wing. It made it all the more amusing for Styla knowing that her daughter Harmony had a big crush on the handsome researcher. Resulting in her daughter helping around the lab.

It was Prof. Rylund himself who lead the petition to open up Pokemon Gyms in Leoluna due to his love of battle bonds and the unique expressions of them. He deemed it his responsibility to help guide the aspiring young leaders to attaining their common, yet distinct goals.

Delibird "Klaus"

1401858947537.jpg

Klaus is Prof. Rylund's Pokemon assistant that is often found bobbling hurriedly through the streets of Leoluna to deliver important letters and packages from the Professor for when he cannot leave the laboratory unattended.

Along his delivery route, Klaus will sometimes brighten a bypasser's day with a random gift.
If someone ever touches his bag unannounced or otherwise, Klaus will slap them with his flipper.

Last edited:

2be87e8f61d66c1de58371cd5e6d7ead.jpg
Basic

Name
Vanna Kylee Lass

Nickname
Vans

Hometown
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh

Personality
Vans is a beast powered by cold, unbridled confidence. She isn't afraid of a challenge and has a tendency to brush off any concerns. She has a fearsome determination to prove her worth and there isn't anything anyone can do to slow her down or halt her progress. Her take no prisoners attitude tends to leave people either scrambling to catch up or getting the heck out of her way.

d6feb6fbaf82437635dd5c53a66f9f06.jpg
Bio

Vanna wasn't always such a bold kid. She grew up in the shadow of a fearsome businesswoman and often struggled to keep up and live to the standards that were set in in the frigid air of Snowpoint City. She knew what it took for her mom to be the superhero she always saw her as, but she never quite understood how her mom managed to don that persona. She still remembers nights where she'd get woken up from her nightmares and flock to the dim yellow light in the kitchen where her mom was still furiously pounding away at her keyboard with an unlit cigarette dangling from her lips.

She remembered climbing up and peeking into the gym windows, watching Candice and her sneasel sweeping through opponents with icy precision. That's where she figured out the first step in being strong like her mom. She had to stick with whatever she set off to do with the ferocity of a sweeper on a pokemon team. No holding back, no chickening out.

During the winters her mom would send her down to live with her aunt in Hearthome City to avoid getting snowed in. Her aunt wasn't exactly the attentive type, so more often than not, Vanna would stay out way too late with some less than desirable company. Her friends there would often goad her into high risk situations, and while her incredible luck always saw her through them without harm, it really wasn't good.

One such situation led them sneaking out on Route 209 well after dark.

They had made it through the first patch of tall grass without disturbing any sleeping pokemon, but a couple people in their little expedition party were starting to feel like they were being watched. Some even said they saw glowing eyes in the trees, but Vans held firm. She made it all the way to the point that the route started heading north, but when she looked back to gloat at her companions for their cowardice, she found that they had all chickened out and abandoned her.

But, it was fine. She was fine on her own. She was fine. She was, indeed, not fine when an hour passed and she couldn't convince her feet to do the walking thing. She nearly screamed when a tiny stone hopped off the pile of rocks she'd stopped by and came to settle between her feet, but the little glowing face that peered up at her was just as spooked as she was.

So they made like cowards together and retreated back to Hearthome, and were thick as thieves ever since.

When she heard that she could train to become a Gym Leader, she signed up without a second thought.

renegat__the_shiny_spiritomb_by_dark_akiyo-d8a1btm.jpg

Pokémon

Typing Specialty
Dark

Current Pokémon
Shiny Spiritomb (nicknamed Fen) - male
Fen is a coward, a worrywart, an overall nanny pokemon that has somehow settled for life with a reckless teenage girl hellbent on growing up too fast. Fen is prone to eyerolls and general mischief that serves to delay his trainer by any inconvenience possible. Fen is Vanna's life pretty much. He is the endearing partner that softens Vans up for the rest of the world and will chew on anything that even looks vaguely important.
Combat Moves: Hypnotize, Dream Eater, Ominous Wind, Pursuit.

larvitar_by_kenket_dcek35m-250t.jpg
Larvitar (nicknamed Styx) - female
Styx is ravenous, often stealing rocks from the local landscaping to nom on. She frequently breaks out of her pokeball to do so. She's enthusiastic when it comes to battle.
Combat Moves: Rock Throw, Bite, Payback, Rock Slide.

Last edited:
Good job with your character :) My only concern is her starting with Spiritomb @AshenAngel

I mean if I was allowed to start with the God that is Klefki I don't see why Spiritomb would be a concern.

Well it's a shiny Spiritomb. I can see how some of the others might find an issue with this, but I personally do not. I have to think collectively, because I want everyone to feel like things are fair. If everyone else is cool with it, then why not :)

I saw the gold nugget Aron and I figured shiny was acceptable.

Reactions: True North
That's not a shiny though, shiny aron looks like this.

PFIgwlY.png

...Yes I know what every shiny pokemon looks like by memory

Ooh that makes sense! Soverign pm'd me and I said the color could work as a region variant. Aron's shiny form is something else.

Mkay. I can change it to normal spiritomb if needed, but if it's a problem with it being a spiritomb just by itself I'll have to go back to the drawing board for a bit.

Shiny spiritomb is pretty! I vote you don't have to change it x3 I usually prefer the original colorings myself.

Yes I agree, I don't think you really need to change it

I'm excited to one hit wonder that thing with a dazzling gleam.

I usually do too Luelle, but I hate the green and purple combo of spiritomb.

And I think Fen would hide in his lil rock til the scary fairy went away

If you're still welcoming people:

Name: Bazett McRemitz

A5E22F6F-93EE-48E1-90EA-913209346E7C.jpeg

Hometown: Stow-on-Side, Galar

Personality: She tries to pose as a dignified, mature, respectable individual out of stubborn pride - down to the point of wearing a suit - but she loves a good brawl more than she cares to admit, and will often train with her Pokémon hand-to-hand in fistfights (with her suit somehow managing to survive all that). The only time she's ever really calm and relaxed is when she's learning about the past - she has a love of studying the world's past.

Bio: Thump, thump. You couldn't grow up in the McRemitz household without hearing the sound of someone or another pounding away at the punching bag. Mostly Pokémon - her father's Hitmonchan, Fragarach, had cost them at least three punching bags one year alone - but just as often it was one of the humans in the house. Fistfighting was a way of life for Bazett's family, dating back as far as records could go.
It wasn't the most dignified thing to be known for. Eventually, Bazett learned that people tended to frown on her solving problems using her fists (both in the "violence" sense and the "punch it until it breaks" sense), and she decided she had to at least put all her training to good use. After a few conversations with her local gym leader - a fighting-type, conveniently - she left home with Sétanta (named after one of her distant ancestors, a professional crazy person from the days before Pokéballs who she took immense pride in) and caught a boat to Leoluna. If she could become a fighting gym leader, then she could beat people up to her heart's content - no, no, no, she could share her love of fighting with everyone...did that sound better?

Typing Specialty: Fighting

Starter Pokemon: Her Farfetch'd (Galarian), Sétanta

I personally don't really like Spiritomb as a whole, but this particular one's personality makes it honestly kinda cute. I definitely want to see it in action! So, I too vote to keep it as it is! ^^

Bazett is accepted, welcome aboard @Shiki (:

Reactions: Shiki
@Luelle do you have a general idea as to when and how this'll kick off? I assume when the roster of gym leaders is entirely filled out? Also, is there a collective starting point for the characters? In one of the cities for example.

I'd love to start tomorrow night :D Tbh, I didn't anticipate so many of you to join!
We don't have to wait for all of the positions to fill unless we wanted to. @Hecatty

With so many characters, it will be trickier than expected to get all the characters connected x3 But I'm up for the challenge!
I was thinking we could start in Lunavelle where there is a beach and a forest. Most of the other cites are surrounded by the h2O xP

I've circled the area, ignore the forest atop the island in the center. My focus is the beach shore behind it and the forest below and rocky terrain near the waterfall. Lunavelle would be the blue roofed city circled. And we could make our way around each city.

tyler-edlin-tyler-edlin-arcmetto-copy.jpg

Reactions: Hecatty
I think getting everyone connected should definitely be possible, but it might be a bit of a mess having everyone talk to everyone all the time. With a substantial amount of players like this wouldn't it be more manageable to eventually split up into groups? For example; some people might want to go to a forest, others to the beach. And afterwards meet back up together. Just an idea, but I feel worth of consideration to keep the story from becoming bogged down with 'excessive' dialogue. How do you feel about this @Luelle ?

Yes, splitting up into groups would be ideal :) Some could even travel in pairs or trios. I'll need a bit of time to think of what could bring them all together. Maybe some sort of event regarding the constructions of the new Gyms.

Reactions: Hecatty