path of a gym leader ic

Dante Moore​

Dante nodded as his free hand was shaken and he was informed of what to do. The green eyed male couldn't contain his grin.

Clay turned his head at the presence of the lioness, leaning forward to sniff and bump noses with a trilling purr of his own.

When the Professor excused herself, Dante simply gave her a two fingered salute and a simple 'no problem, Professor.' before she walked off to feed her Pokemon. His attention turned to Sunny as he spoke, and the green eyed young man gave the other a quirk of his lips and a raised brow.

"Sunny suits you, you have a bright personality." He lightly teased.

As both Midas and the Professor went to see about getting the former another Pokemon, Clay had settled back into Dante's arm to continue napping. Scratching Clay behind the ears gently, Dante looked up when the Professor and Midas returned with a new companion.

With the suggestion of the three of them working together on the task, the Psychic perked up, and chuckled.

"I'm down for a bit of teamwork." He replied, ready to head out whenever the other two boys were.

---​

Once the trio did end up going out and were on the move, he made his way to get his pin and pin it to the left strap of his backpack before glancing to his note hinting to the egg he was to find with a brief yawn. Tilting his head, he hummed under his breath softly, before putting the note away and regrouping with the two water trainers he'd acquainted himself with, taking notice of a third water trainer as well as a young man who seemed a bit lost on what to do that she was speaking with.

It was good to know that the others were helping each other out, at least.

Thinking about it, if it was a psychic type egg, depending on the Pokemon in question the egg could really be anywhere. Granted, Pokemon were rather odd if fascinating creatures. It may be simpler than it seemed, anyway.

Dante figured for his two companions who were human would have a slightly easier time finding their eggs. Once those thoughts were out of the way he focused on his companions in question.

"So, how do you guys wanna do this?" He asked both Tyde and Midas, tilting his head slightly as he did so.

@luelle @Andy

Reactions: True North
Corey Gunn

Corey was silent the entire time as Riolu continued to lecture him like there was no tomorrow..and honestly while he was listening to his pokemon..he was having a hard time staying completely focused because well..he had more or less already kind of zoned out. While he wanted to get better..Riolu's lectures got long sometimes and just after a while it got hard to continue listening. Thankfully for him though he didn't have long to listen to Riolu's lecture as another trainer came over and asked if he needed any help.

Corey would look at the girl who identified herself as Remedy and would glance down at her badge before he looked back up at her with a smile. Riolu had looked at her as well while his gaze wasn't cold in the slightest..it was wary. Riolu was definitely looking at her as if she were a rival of sorts..because in a way all trainers were rivals but they could also be friends. At least he was looking at her that way until she flashed him that sweet smile..to which Riolu's hair would stand on end and a blush would cross his cheeks and he would turn away from both her and Corey with a small huff..did they just find Riolu's weakness? Cute girls?

Corey couldn't help but give his pokemon a small grin before he stood up and gave Remedy another smile "Thanks for stepping in there. If you hadn't I'd probably be here for another hour listening to Riolu lecture me." He would then look down at Riolu as the pokemon gave a small huff..and a small grin would cross Corey's face "Although I've never seen him get like this..must be that cute smile you sent his way. Guess he's gotten all shy now."

In response to Corey's teasing Riolu would blush even darker before he looked at his trainer with a glare and then jumped up and karate chopped him on the head again earning Corey yet another lump to go with the first one. Corey would wince and drop into a squatting position as he held his head and groaned in pain. Riolu would give another growl at his trainer with that embarrassed blush still on his cheeks before he turned away and crossed his arms. "Ouch...Riolu that hurts you know..."

After a moment of rubbing his head Corey would stand up and look at Remedy with another small smile "Nice to meet you Remedy..name's Corey. And this guy here is obviously Riolu. And yeah I gotta admit I'm not the best when it comes to riddles and stuff haha..so..if you don't mind I could definitely use any help you could give. And I'd be more then willing to help you in return if you want it."

But before the grounded flier could reply, Moe was caught off guard by a sudden cry from an Eevee from behind him. This unfortunately startled Crier on his shoulder who let out another ear-piercing shriek, sending Moe into a moment falling faint on the ground clutching his ears. This was not an uncommon occurrence. "Crier... Remind me never to put you on my shoulder like that... I'll be deaf before I'm 18..." The little pink body curled in to itself ashamed and embarrassed.

Moe slowly regained his senses to find a the sound that triggered this whole ordeal. It was an Eevee. It looked like it needed something. "Sorry buddy, I get you're a normal type, and I'm a normal type trainer, but when you evolve, I'll sorta be out of luck. But you are certainly a cute one." Moe reached out his hand, as a black substance dripped from it. He looked at in in surprise, then down to his bag. Had he crushed his pen when he fell just now!? "Ack! Crier! Code Black! Code Black!" He quickly started wiping his hand on the ground, leaving streaks of black through the grass, as he emptied the contents of his bag as quickly as he could. He had managed to save mostly everything. Well everything except...

"All my film! Oh man, how am I supposed to record everything now! I better make every picture count. I won't let a single photo go to waste..." He then remembered the pokemon that was still watching him this whole time. "Oh... You're still here... Do you need help buddy? Are you lost?" He looked around, hoping to find someone who may have this pokemon as their own. He turned to the flier who crash landed earlier. "Uh actually hold that thought. Find me if you're still interested!" He picked up the Eevee and started looking around the prairie. "So uh... Do you know where we're going?"

@Cresion Breezes @LuluBunny

"Thanks, dude!" Midas offered Dante his sunny smile once more in response to his compliment. "RIGHT ON!" He exclaimed when Dante agreed to join them for the egg hunt, offering him a bro fist. "Ready to go flippy dude?" Midas asked his new companion. Pip! The penguin chick gave an enthusiastic chirp with his flippers raised. Tyde managed to escape his headlock and begrudgingly followed their lead.

"Now, where do we go again?" Midas wondered just as Dante made his way right over to where the pins were. "Oh yeah! Good thinking." He made his way over to pick up one of the water pins. He fastened the pin to his waistline and began to unfold his clue. For a moment, he stared down at the slip of paper and then another moment came. Tyde blinked at Midas who now stood frozen in place with his eyes glued to the clue.

Minutes ticked by and Midas wouldn't even blink, staring at his clue. "Uhh." Tyde looked to Dante. Tyde now held his own clue, but had refolded it already and was ready to go. "What does your's say?" He asked Dante curiously, uncertain if Midas would get a clue soon. Tyde clipped his own pin to his jacket. Luuup? Piplup stared up his strange new master who's eyes began to glaze over.

@Takumi

"I'm glad to help." Remedy silently giggled, noticing Riolu's blushing. "Oh. I see." She was caught off guard by the fighter guys compliment, with a small blush of her own. Her giggling became audible when Riolu gave him a chop to the head out of embarrassment. "Hi Corey... and Riolu." She gave the pup a playful wink. "Sure, they can be pretty tricky. What is your clue?" She asked, approaching more closely. Hopper matched Riolu's wary eyes, and prepared for a leap in case she needed to defend Remedy in an instant. "This is my partner, Hopper. She's normally reserved at first, but she'll come around."

@Andy

Dante Moore​

Giving Midas a brofist in response to his own, he grinned at the Water trainer before their small group got their pins and clues. The psychic quickly grew a bit confused and concerned when Midas seemed to have trouble with his clue, but was distracted by Tyde's question.

"'A farm where no man may harvest.'" Dante replied by reciting what he read, taking out Clay's Pokeball and returning the napping Pokemon in a beam of red. Returning the Pokeball to his belt, his free hand went to his hip as he clicked his tongue. His gaze landed on Midas momentarily as he tilted his head.

"Sunny? Bro, you good?" He asked, brow raising as Midas seemed to be in his head still. Daisy yawned, laying on the ground and making herself comfortable when it appeared that they may not be moving for a little bit.

@luelle

"A farm?" Tyde gave Dante a head tilt of his own now. "Where no man may harvest..." He adjusted his toboggan in a thoughtful manner. "A farm... a farm..." He repeated, looking out across the savanna. The tall grass blocked most of the view of any other terrain. Meanwhile, Piplup blew a bubble from his beak to float up to pop under Midas's nose when he didn't respond to Dante. Finally his attention scored. "For sure bro, I'm the chillest!" Midas came to, his sunny demeanor returning.

"What's your clue?" Tyde asked Midas, drawing blanks on Dante's for now. "It says... AHURM." Sunny thoroughly cleared his throat, "Poke me... and... I'll poke you... harder." Tyde slapped a palm to his face. "Woah dood... that really left a mark." Midas and Piplup stared at the pink spot now on Tyde's forehead. Tyde just held back a sigh, "Poke me and I'll poke you harder... Maybe my mind's in the wrong place." Tyde reopened his own clue, "Why don't we start with mine... Seems pretty obvious."

Tyde looked up at them. "A home with pride not prejudice." Midas just stared at him. "Lions... lion pride." Midas blinked for another moment before it registered, "DOOOD you're the smartest!" His blinding smile lighting up. "Heh... passed by a lion's den on my way here, so I know just where to look." Tyde gave himself an assured nod. "ALRIGHT DOODS LET'S GET IT CRACKIN! Speaking of crackin'... kingler legs sound SCRUMPTILICIOUS!" Midas thought over what his next meal might be as he followed after Tyde who took the lead. Tyde just ignoring his unnecessary enthusiasm.

They stepped into the savanna, Tyde moving aside a patch of tall grass. "Geez, you need a machete for some of this..." He complained, pushing through. He retraced his steps back to where he had arrived from the river. "I had a machete once! Found it sticking right out of the bottom of a sand bar." Tyde gave Midas a questionable look as they continued along passed a group of grazing zebstrika. "Sir Pointy was all covered in algae and rust, so I had it more for keeps than anything else."

"Sir Pointy?..." Tyde stopped, with Midas nearly knocking into him. "Correctamundo brosef! All my thingamajigs have names!" Midas replied, wondering why they stopped. "Uh. Nevermind." Tyde waved it off. Tyde continued onward, making sure that the others were keeping up. "I saw the den on the side of the mountain somewhere." He said, as they neared the curve of the mountains. "Uhhh Tyde bro..." Midas began. "No-no I really don't need to know what you meant." Tyde said, quickening his pace to avoid him.

FLOOP. Tyde suddenly flipped right over an ant hill that sent him slamming face first into the solid earth. "Oh THAT..." Tyde grumbled as he crumbled onto the ground. "BROOO ARE YOU ALIVE?" Midas called over to him. "I'm FINE!" Tyde halfway snapped, brushing himself off only to realize the crawling sensations all over him. "BAAAAHHH!" Tyde clamored, falling back on his butt.

He flailed around swiping at his clothes with the trio of durant that came out to defend their fortress. KIPPP! Tyde's amphibian squirmed from his bag in a panic. He managed to swipe two of them off. "Wait a sec... a farm..." Tyde said staring straight at the ant hill as he thought he was able to flick off the third pesky durant. "You think?" Tyde said looking to Dante unsure.

"AUHHHHH! DAMN IT!"

Tyde began slinging his finger around that was now latched onto by durant pinchers. He began to spaz.

"GET OFF! GET OFF!"

"NO WORRIES BRO! FLIPPY DUDE, USE YOUR WATER!" Piplup gargled up a jet of water and sent it soaring toward Tyde in a hurry. PLUP! The spiraling stream of water shot directly up Tyde's open mouth and nose.

"BLEUUUHHHH!!!"

"OH. BUMMER... MY BAD DUDE!" Midas shouted over to his now drowning friend. The starter penguin chick clearly needed some training to develop his accuracy. Tyde fell backward with the metallic ant still slicing into his swollen finger. Midas looked to Dante with a scratch to his sunshiny head.

durant-256x256.png

@Takumi

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
Seemed the Leo had gotten lost from his companion Flora when little Starr got scared off and also had to chase after her. “Damn it Starr why did you have to run like that!” Leo said to his Vulpix who seemed to hang her head in disappointment. But it was almost impossible for Leo to remain mad at his little girl for long. He crouched down next to his Vulpix and pet her which seemed to brighten her spirits a bit. “Sorry girl I just don’t like being put behind like this.” Leo stood up and headed in. And luckily for him he wasn’t too late as he was able to catch the professors speech.

So he had to retrieve his pin which would mark him as the fire trainer. And it sounded like there was some kind of riddle he had to go through in order to find a pokeball which would contain a hint that would lead him to his egg. Leo left after the small speech heading for the Boulder near the lab where he quickly found his pin which he connected to his shirt. "a place to cool with differences aside." Was the hint that Leo read. “So a watering hole?” Leo said aloud. “I think there is a watering hole nearby.” Leo begins to head in direction he thinks the watering hole was at. And it seems he was in luck. He did find it there were other Pokémon there already but the seemed to pay him no mind if he kept his distance. After a few minutes of searching he found a pokeball. Leo picked it up and clicked it open and there was a piece a paper in it. He pulled it out and unfolded it in order to retrieve his second hint.
@luelle

image0.png

Flora Kain
Fairy Initiate

Interactions: Moe @Reanimator Spuds

Eevee

The little Eevee stopped it's shrill scream when another came back at her. It was the Crier, of course. Koshka stared at the duo with curious eyes, but also confused as to why the man started to freak. What did he mean by code black and what was that black stuff? Sniffing the ground where he whipped his hand Koshka sneezed the scent rather strong and potent.

When the man enthusiastically came back to Koshka she took a slight step back, startled by the man. Cautiously she stepped toward the man and sniffed, trying to determine friend or foe. He passed the test as Koshka smelt her partners scent. Flora had been around him! So, he would be able to help her find Flora. Koshka let out a happy Eee~ as she jumped up at the man and licked his cheek, happy to have help. Calming down the little Eevee pointed it's tail at the forest, signaling that was were it came from.

Flora

Flora was lost. The forest had consumed her on her quest to find Koshka. Sighing Flora leaned against a large oak tree, exhausted from running around the forest. "Oh Koshka where could you have gone?" Flora asked the world. She felt like such a bad trainer having lost her partner. What kind of trainer does that? A heavy sigh escaped as Flora started walking around the forest again, not giving up her search no matter what.

Well then, it seemed he was on the case! Not that he was a detective... Reporters are not detectives. But still! There was something he needed to do! He looked around for a bit. He went high and Crier went low. Low was exceptionally unhelpful, as all he saw was grasses, and unless this eevee's trainer was a joltik, they were not about to find her there.

"You sure went a long way didn't you buddy..." Moe sighed more so muttering to himself than anything. "Whiiiiiii~..." Crier muttered in agreement. Then, the little pokemon pointed him towards the forest. "Huh... No wonder we couldn't find anyone wandering around here. She's hidden in the forest. Well then, let's get going!"

Having needed a break from the crushing despair that was having no clue where he was going, Moe was excited to have a new challenge that he could succeed in was a huge moral booster. Unfortunately for Crier it put a spring in his step. Ususally that's a good thing, except when you're easily 1/10 his size. The poor pokemon let out a little cry as it moved its stubby legs as fast as it could.

Heading in to the mouth of the forest, Moe started wandering, in search of the eevees trainer.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" Moe wandered for a bit, unsure of where he was heading. Hopefully the eevee would be better at this than him. "Any luck?"

Meanwhile, Crier arrived a little late, and wasn't able to track down Moe. At least that was what he thought, until he ran into some sticky wet substance. Black... Ink! Crier looked up. Sure enough there was a trail of drips deep into the forest. At least he wasn't stranded...

@LuluBunny

Corey Gunn
Riolu would look up at Remedy and blush a bit more as he saw her wink at him and would quickly turn away and cross his arms. The last thing he wanted was to be seen as weak or embarrassed. That was just not something he wanted..he was trying to be strong..trying to get better not just for himself but for Corey and for the team as well. So he would just elect to stay silent at this point. Corey after rubbing his head again for a moment would proceed to stand up and look at Remedy and give her a gentle smile "Thanks Remedy..I do really appreciate the offer for help. Um..let me see hold on a second." He would then pull his clue out and take a look at it and after a moment he would slowly speak "a dip in the earth where water once lay" After reading the clue he would look up at Remedy again and slowly shook his head "I've got no idea what that means..the only thing I can think of is a dried up lake or something like that..but I definitely don't know about any dried up lakes or anything like that around here..so..I haven't got the slightest idea. What do you think?"

@luelle

Dante Moore​

"Oh dear."

Dante winced as Tyde tripped and proceeded to get attacked by the Durant's that lived in the hill that tripped him. Once the water trainer looked his way, Dante quickly perked up at what he was trying to get at-Durant Farms was the likely answer, though the green eyed trainer grimaced as Midas's Piplup began to attack both Tyde and the Durant that clamped onto his finger in an attempt to help.

"You might drown him at this rate, maybe have your new partner try and again and focus on Tyde's hand specifically?" Dante suggested, before glancing to Tyde a bit in uncertainly.

Well, at least they found potentially two out of three clues, so it was a start.

"Okay! Tyde, try and keep the flailing to a minimum and we'll do what we can!" He called, deciding to leave the rest of the hunt on pause for now to keep one of his new aquaintances from accidentally drowning.

"Daisy, try hitting it with Confusion." He spoke to his Galarian companion, who blinked before turning her head towards Tyde and the Durant. With a serious look on her face, Daisy gave a single cry as she attempted to confuse the angry Pokemon to hopefully help Midas' Piplup get it off of poor clumsy Tyde.

@luelle