Password Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archwar

Rider of the Unicorns
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
So it would appear I'm having problems with my password. When I attempted to login, it said incorrect password. I tried a few more times till my account got locked. Got an email and a new password and logged in and went to change my old password. Problem is, when I typed it my old password, got an error saying that existing password is not correct. I'm wondering, what is going on and has this happened before?

Did you check to see if Caps Lock was on?
Or if your keyboard changed language settings?

Mine does that time to time where a ? turn's into one of those fancy e's with a dash on top.

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
Problem is, when I typed it my old password, got an error saying that existing password is not correct.

I can't help much with the former, but I know the problem here. When you were sent a new password, that became your password. If you want to change your password, your "old" or "current" password is the one sent via email, not the one you forgot/had errors with. That password has, most likely, been disassociated with your account.

I'm not 100% certain on this because I've never had it happen to me, but that would be my guess.

I can't help much with the former, but I know the problem here. When you were sent a new password, that became your password. If you want to change your password, your "old" or "current" password is the one sent via email, not the one you forgot/had errors with. That password has, most likely, been disassociated with your account.

I'm not 100% certain on this because I've never had it happen to me, but that would be my guess.
Oh yea, I mis-read the OP slightly last time it seems. :/

This is most likely what's doing it.
When you're changing your password the "old password" is whatever you use to log in at the time, not what the original password was.

Did you check to see if Caps Lock was on?
Or if your keyboard changed language settings?

Mine does that time to time where a ? turn's into one of those fancy e's with a dash on top.
Caps weren't on, redid the password quite a few times and checked the caps. I don't even know how to change language settings.

I checked it and seems to be working. Thank you!

Quite welcome. :D

Reactions: Archwar
Status
Not open for further replies.