"Partners" (Lewi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagger looks at her, "It's hard to explain. All I can say is that there are creatures that live under the sand that look human like- but ain't human. Besides comin out of the sand completely to try and kill ya, they'll reach up out of the sand and try draggin ya down into their burrows." He says to her. "And since we have a lot of desert to travel through to get to the main city, that is one recurrin problem we will be havin." He says to her.

She listened and nodded at the knowledge. "I appreciate the warning." She finished her food and spoke. "So how long until we get there?"

Dagger goes to the cockpit and then comes back to her. "About two more days and we will be there." He says to her. "And on this planet the people are like what earth had as pirates. As well as barbarians and so on." He adds. And then he begins to rummage around the ship and find a bottle of alcohol. He cracks it open and takes a swig and then makes a face. "This shit's nasty but it will do." He says to himself and then sits down and begins to drink.

Kieara immediately became jittery seeing what he had. For one reason or another she seemed to have a complex with drinking. She got up and left and would be found at the other end of the ship.

Dagger wondered why she got up so hastly and left. He thought he had done something. So with a sigh he gets up and goes to find her at the other end of the ship. The only reason he had followed her was to see if he had done anything wrong. If they were going to be "partners" in this, they needed to be on good terms. "Did I do somethin?" He asks.

Kieara looked up from her spell book nervously. Her eyes darted to the liquor but back to him. It was his choice. She couldn't ask him to stop something just for her sake. "No."

He then nods, "Then why did you run back here like there was a plague or somethin?' He asks. He noticed that she was eying the alcohol. "It is because of this? Why didn't you say somethin before? I could put it away." He says to her. He did wonder why she didn't like it, but he had a feeling that she had her reasons and didn't feel like asking about it. So he goes back and puts away the alcohol. He then sits down in the chair of the cockpit with his hands behind his head and pretends to go to sleep.

She came along behind him and spoke. "I didn't want to bother you, drinking makes me nervous..." She admitted as she watched him lay down and silently sat down to read and let him sleep.

He looks at her for a moment, "Why does it make you nervous?" He asks. Then alarms began to sound off in the ship and he went to see what was wrong. He then comes back to her. "Hold on, we're in for one helva ride, there is a meteor shower comin our way." He says and then goes back to the cock pit to try and steer the ship cautiously through the metor shower.

She'd started to answer before the sirens went off. She joined him up front and buckles in. She had never flown through a meteor shower before.

Dagger was cursing the entire time that he was trying to get through the metor shower with out killing them. He jerked the ship the left very hard, to miss a rather large one. He looks over at her and noticed the look on her face. "Sorry, had to." He says as he does it again, but this time to the right. He could see that they were almost out of the metor shower now. Once they were out of it, he lets out a sigh. They had made it out a live and with only minor damage, like dings and dents as well as scratches.

Kieara gripped the arm rests on her chair and prepared for what would be a hard ride. She was right. It was a hard ride. She helped here and there afraid but looked over as they came out. "You're a good driver.."

Dagger looks at her and shakes his head no, "Nah, I'm not that good at drivin these things. I'm suprised that I did so well." He says to her. And then more alarms were signaling. But this time, it meant that they were heading into the planet's atmosphere. He looks at her, "Hold on it's going to be a bumpy ride." He says to her as he continues to drive the ship foward.

"Well not just anyone can maneuver between a meteor shower." She spoke and held on to her seat. She was nervous. She didn't want to crash land on this planet.

Reactions: 2 people
Soon the ship lands, but it landed with a large thud that shook the whole ship. Dagger looks over at her and notices the look on her face. "Sorry." He says under his breath and then gets out of the ship, of course armed with a gun and other weapons. He was waiting out side for her.

She joined him after a moment and stayed close. "It's alright. I understand." She spoke and she followed him. She looked around observing their surroundings as they moved along keeping her eye out for the children in question.

Dagger turns and looks at her, "We're gonna have to travel through a lot of desert in order to get to the first city. And there are a lot of things that would like to pick us off and kill us. So be on guard at all times." He says to her and then turns and started to walk. The thought of walking through what seemed like an endless desert wasn't really a thrilling idea to him, but what could he do? The wind whipped around them, pushing the sand along across the desert around their feet.

She looked up and heeded his warning. She pulled the hood on her outfit up to try and shield off some of the sun. She spoke. "Is this planet entirely desert?"

Status
Not open for further replies.