Partners In Crime

"I think you're just mad that you didn't figure it out for yourself. We've been best mates since we were, what? 15 or something? We've been friends all that time and you didn't figure out that I was behind the vase robbery. Either you don't know me well enough, or I'm just darn good," the other replied as he absently rested his arms along the booth, his eyes straying casually away from Reizo to avoid the inevitable glare he would be sent. He was mostly playing around, after all. The usual signature moves he made when helping the other with his crimes weren't going to be available for Reizo to spot when he had gone out of his way to replicate Thomas.

"...Sorry, a'ight? Alexandra's nothing to me. No girl I screw about with means that much to me, you know that. I get what I need -information or money or whatever- and then that's it, arrivederci. You know that you're the number one person in my life," he grinned across the table, winking for extra emphasis. He had always proclaimed to be straight and never had any real desire to be with a guy, but a little harmless flirting to soften Reizo up often helped when an argument was brewing between them.

"We cool now? I can frame Alex, it'll all be fine. I'm as good as this as you are-- better, really. I wasn't thrown in prison-- hell, the FBI didn't even have me as a suspect."

"That's because you don't like to do any of the dirty work," he reminded with a scoff as he stared out the window, forcing back said glare to instead aim it towards an oblivious passerby. "Most of the time, I'm the one who makes the copy and I'm the one to place the copy while you're out with some girl, getting your rocks off while I get the dirty work done. I'm not pretending that I can do the things you can do, but don't be arrogant," he reminded sternly before exhaling.

"We're cool. Just... don't be such an arrogant prick next time," he ordered, his brows furrowed. "You can apologize by paying for drinks later. I'm still technically on the job, after all. Speaking of which, I need to stir up some fake evidence fast. If I don't say the right things, my ass is getting thrown back in."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Me, don't be arrogant? This, coming from Mr. Arrogance himself? Whatever, dude. I told you, yeah? I can plant some fake evidence by tonight. Make sure the agent is at his office and nobody's around the museum, and I'll sneak in and plant some evidence. Go back in the morning, look where I planted it, say you know who did it, and bingo. Alexandra's arrested, you get a pat on the head for being a good boy, and I get to lounge back and admire how talented I am. It'll be fine, trust me," he promised, pressing forward out of his relaxed position to offer his friend a comforting grin. The fact he was already stressed over the job on day one was mildly amusing, but he wasn't going to taunt him about it. Not now, at least.

"I know what I'm doing, we'll sort this out by tomorrow-- and I promise, there ain't anything else I did over the summer. I mean, I did forge a painting, but that's nothing. No more secrets, I promise."

"What, did you forge a Cezanne still-life?" He snorted in disbelief before resting his head in his hand, a slow smirk creeping on his lips. "Congratulations, you completed impressionism. Listen, I'll stick to the painting and you can stick to the planning, okay? We'll be on our way again soon. Like you said, I need to pretend to be a 'good boy' and just get this all done. Buy some of that Death Wish coffee, I'll order some proper oil paint tonight. Ugh... we'll go to the store, buy some Turpentine... This is the worst," he groan before dramatically rolling his eyes.

"I owe you, you know. I don't know why you're willing to deal with a bastard like me," he admitted after a long pause. "Why? Why do you do all of this for me? I'm... bad."

He was the first to admit that his painting skills really weren't the best. He wasn't terrible but when it came to art forgery, 'not terrible' didn't cut it. It needed to be perfect and Albie was well aware that his talent wasn't in that department. He appreciated art and he had always admired great paintings, but that didn't mean he could accurately replicate them as well as his best friend could.

"Huh? Oh god, we're not getting all sentimental, are we? I can't get teary-eyed in front of a hot girl, dude. Mind you, some girls are into sensitive guys... Look, we're best friends, yeah? You were the only mate I had in high school. I'd do anything for you. If you're a bastard, so am I. We're in this together, so don't doubt it-- now, let's not get into this, I'm not in the mood to blubber like a big kid about how much I love 'ya."

"I'm not going to cry... though it would be funny to see you all soppy over me. It would stroke my ego pretty well," he admitted with his smirk growing to a full grin. Taking his final gulp of coffee, he set the mug down with a soft yawn.

"Come on, let's get out of here. We can go to my apartment and fiddle with the bracelet and I can go back to work, mention Alexandra and get this all done fast. I'm not liking this stress, Albie. When I'm under stress, I break out."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"You're working with the FBI. It doesn't strike me as a sort of job to go into if you don't like stress-- though I guess you didn't have another choice," he admitted as he eased himself up from the table, downing the rest of his coffee quickly. He didn't like to cause that stress for his friend, which he knew he had done, however unintentionally. If he had to stay up all night getting the evidence required just to ease the stress off his friend and earn him some trust within the FBI, he would.

Reizo had done so much for him - this was the least he could do for him in return.

"Let me handle some of the stress-- it isn't very easy to tamper with your ankle bracelet without an alert being sent out. That's stressful, Reizo."

"Well, do some research on it," he suggested before lifting his leg up to the other to read. "See anything? I'd like to think you're smart enough to look up any details on it. That is, unless I'm giving you too much credit," he teased, waiting patiently for the other to take a picture.

"I'll give you some of the wages I earn from this whole FBI thing," he reassured with a nod. "I mean, we share the earnings from the paintings so this won't be any different. I think it's fair, yeah?"

"It is fair. I made some cash while you were in prison and I shared it with 'ya. We're a team, Reizo. We split everything 50/50," he reminded absently, his real focus being on the electronic tag. He did smile at the close-up of it, only because it proved the biggest challenge he had had in months. Hell, impersonating a lawyer and getting Reizo out of prison didn't provide as much of a challenge as this did - but he thrived on that sort of pressure.

And if getting the tag off meant having Reizo be able to take part in crimes with him again, like they had done together for years, he would crack down on it and make it his priority... after planting evidence at the museum, at least.

"It ain't gonna be easy, dude," he remarked, knowing that was saying the obvious, though shot his friend a smug grin. "I can do it. Might take a day, mind, but I'll get it off you-- it's cute, though. Makes you look tough. You've got a criminal record and an electronic tag. You're a real hard-nut these days ain't 'ya~?"

"Unfortunately. It'll be hard to convince a cute guy over with this thing on," he sighed dramatically before biting his lip to hide a smile. Shrugging casually, he pushed out of the cafe with a hard sigh, his eyes closing briefly at the bright sun.

"What should I tell Theodore?" Reizo questioned with a raised brow. "I need some form of evidence to keep the hounds at bay. I don't want them getting suspicious and waiving me off to throw me back in the slammer. You're too important to me to get rid of so I'm either staying out or you're coming with me."

"Just say that you had a meet-up with an acquaintance who gave you some information-- you know Alexandra. Mention that she's done this before with Thomas, say they had a horrible break-up and just say you think she framed him. Simple. I'll get you your evidence. I'll leave the vase at Alex's place and plant some fingerprints in the museum, it's not that hard, dude. Stop stressing. Besides, if Theo doesn't buy it, use that charm of yours. It's supposed to irresistible or whatever," the other shrugged, adjusting his jacket once back outside in the cold. He wanted nothing more than to stay in the cafe, flirting with the waitress in order to get a free coffee (and eventually, her number) but, clearly, he had work to do.

"Just run back to Theodore and make something up-- but don't fucking tell him I'm your acquaintance. I'm happy not being known by the FBI, I don't need them knowing who I am and watching my every move."

"I would never want to get you involved in this, I don't think you could make it in jail," he countered smoothly before daring to lean in and offer a chaste kiss to the other's cheek, a small smile on his lips. He, too, wanted to stay and enjoy his coffee but he had other things to do.

He knew he was being tracked, at least for the time being, so he had to make it seem like he wasn't making a plan with Albie. He wanted his friend to be completely free of all the responsibility, after all, so he went to a quick gallery. He would say he got a coffee and cracked down on research, if only briefly, before reluctantly hurrying back to work... not before getting a coffee for Theodore.

"I'm back. Sorry I took so long," he smoothly declared to the agent as he handed over the coffee, offering his classically charming smile. "I don't know your usual so I got some soy milk and I've got some sugars on me if you'd like."

Having spent the hour surrounded by the papers he had already scanned through countless times in the past, Theodore would gladly admit he had hit a wall. All the evidence pointed to Thomas, but the hunch he had earlier felt had disappeared. Once he was alerted that Thomas wasn't guilty, he did notice that some things didn't make sense when he compared it to his earlier crimes. There were similarities, but also stark differences that signalled a copycat, or just someone replicating his work to frame him.

Either way, the agent was now discounting the evidence in favour of Reizo's assessment, even if it meant hours of hard work was now down the drain.

Glancing up from his desk, he beckoned the other in and murmured an appreciative thanks at the coffee. "I hope you haven't wasted the entire time at a cafe," he murmured, motioning to the laptop at his side. "I can track your movements, Reizo. I know you went to a gallery, though, so that's good-- please tell me you have good news for me."

"It isn't Thomas. Do you have anything on a woman named Alexandra?" He questioned simply as he took a seat besides the detective, a pursed smile on his lips. "I know you don't know anything about the real deeper relationships amongst us but Thomas and Alexandra have had a very... complicated relationship. It's no surprise she would try and frame an innocent man," he stated with a shrug before absently tapping his fingers against the desk.

"You really need to take a deep breath, Theodore. Relax, take a sip of coffee and just sit back. I'm helping you out now and I've got a lot to lose if I fuck this up, right? Rilassati, sistemerò tutto," he purred reassuringly before leaning back in the chair.

"I know who she is. We've investigated Thomas before, we now she's his girlfriend-- or whatever she is to him. You think she's framing him? I suppose it makes sense, she'd know his patterns to be able to replicate them. We already have her fingerprints on the system, I know that much. I suppose we could head back to the museum and give it another run through, see if we missed anything," he decided, a weight being lifted from his shoulders the instant he had something to work with. It also made him glance at Reizo with a little more trust. He had brought him information and given him a name to investigate.

As far as Theo was concerned, Reizo was actually doing what he was asked to do and working with them, not against them.

"...We can go and check after lunch," he continued, reaching for his coffee. "The sooner this is solved, the better."

"Oh? Where do you typically eat?" He questioned curiously, feigning genuine interest. He didn't really care, of course, but he needed to at least have some way to emotionally connect to the other. It was how one builds trust, after all.

"I would love to treat you, Theodore. I've got more money than I know what to do with and it's burning a hole I my pocket, so taking you somewhere pleasant for lunch would be nice for the both of us," he explained, running a hand through his brown locks with a smirk.

"I don't really want to accept a dinner from you when I know that money has been obtained via illegal means. Besides, I bring my own lunch in and eat at my office desk so I can continue to work. Sometimes my other agents do the same if we have a big problem to solve. If we don't, we head out together for a quick lunch. I won't be doing that today," he murmured, pulling out his lunchbox calmly, everything within it packed neatly and efficiently. He did pause from taking another sip from his coffee, however, realising that Reizo had bought it for him.

After his little speech about not wanting to accept anything purchased for him by the criminal, it seemed hypocritical to continue to enjoy the coffee, so he neatly (and as subtly as he could) pushed it away from him.

"I need to pull up what I have on his girlfriend. We arrested her once, but we had nothing on her. I never thought she was involved in all of this; this murky little world you're all a part of."

"That's what makes it fun," he admitted with a smirk as he rested his head on his hand, Reizo's eyes locked intensely on the other, studying the detective curiously. "It's murky and mysterious. Unpredictable, too. I have to say, it helped with my art skills though. I don't mean to toot my own horn but... toot-toot," he laughed quietly before leaning back.

"Alright, well... I haven't had anything to eat but a coffee. Granted, I once went a week only eating those sleeves of Ritz crackers back in college so missing one lunch is fine,' he reassured with a roll of his eyes.

He didn't know if Reizo was hinting for anything or not, but he did feel mildly guilty about tucking into his lunch when the other was going hungry. He wasn't in the habit of sharing his food, but Reizo had headed out and Theodore was under the impression that he had shone light on the case. The least he could offer in return was half of his ham sandwich, right?

"...It's ham, egg and some mayonnaise, a little mustard in there too," he murmured as he slid over the spare half of his lunch. "Just eat up and remember to bring your own food in future. This is where I spend most of my lunch breaks, so you'll need your own lunch tomorrow."

"Thank you," he replied, a bit taken aback by the offer. He wanted it, obviously, and he often got what he wanted but he was walking on tiptoes around Theodore. This man had the power to put him back to jail and while he wasn't going to be sickeningly sweet, but he couldn't just act like a total asshole. At least not yet, not until the other believed it was just a part of his charm.

"It's yummy," he admitted after a bite, savoring the flavor a bit. "I would love to take you to a proper lunch, though. There's a delicious Italian restaurant down on Main, the best farsu magru," he praised, humming at the thought. "Not as good as my nonna's but they do a bang-up job. I can't cook to save my life, though."