Partner Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amaranthe

Original poster
Hello, I am looking for a serious roleplayer who is capable of roleplaying mature themes. I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about being able to handle violence, blood, and grit. There will be sexual themes in this roleplay though. I prefer to play a female. However, this does not mean I only play females in general. I will play male characters as well, if need be.

I really want to do a gothic horror with a mix of royalty, hopefully something of a love square including a courtier, queen, king, and knight. I also want there to be paranormal events and an overall ominous, gritty, and dark feel. I want there to be romance as well, but I don't want it to be the main focus. We would both play one main character, me as the courtier and my partner as the king, but preferably fill two roles with me as the queen and my partner as a knight.

If possible, I'd love to turn this into a small group roleplay consisting of three roleplayers and there being a love triangle, with the queen or courtier as a secondary character to me or one of the two partners. That would depend on whether my first partner is interested in and/or comfortable with doing so. I want advanced players so grammar and spelling errors should be few.

I'm hoping this otherworldly country can expand out further so I want a partner who is willing to expand on world lore with me. At least four paragraphs is expected at the minimum. Semi-novella replies are preferred but anything above the seven paragraph mark, I'll be a little deterred. I'm not looking for some long internal monologue, but I want there to be quality posts composed of more than just what your character is doing or thinking. I want varied sentence structure, vivid sensory details, and external interaction. Give your posts some feeling as well. I expect high comprehension and I don't want to see the same word being over-used in every post. I'm talking about the third person pronouns he and she respectively. If you have a detailed post that keeps on starting as the word 'he' or 'she' every single sentence, I won't allow it. Variety on who 'he' is, such as a name, or a black-haired man, et cetera is expected of you.

My posting expectations are primarily based on being able to post at least once a week, a few posts a week, and slow as molasses. My schedule fluctuates a bit because I'm dual enrolled in a college and my laptop is currently getting fixed. Therefore, my access is very very limited for the time being. I will do my best to post on the weekends but that is not always the case.

Therefore, I wish for a patient partner as well. Someone who's patient enough to wait for something good. I'd rather wait for a post of quality than have nothing but fluff. That's another thing. I hate fluff posts, so please, keep that little to none. A varied character repertoire is expected as well. Everyone in court will be unique and different. I want diversity. We will be mapping out a general character template as well so be prepared to give lengthy histories, personalities, and appearances.

I have nothing else to accomodate. Anyone interested? Just leave me a message and I'll private message you. Stay active and be willing to maintain a friendly chat within our private message for plot discussion and general chat. Keep in mind that I'll be looking at your writing on other roleplays. I tend to favor certain writing styles over others. Also, please be comfortable with the triggers I've listed down. I prefer to have 18+ only for this but can make exceptions. However, I will not roleplay with those who are less than 16 years old. No exceptions there.

Hello there. Something tells me that may turn out to be quite an interesting roleplay. I am totally up for three or even four players taking part, as long as you can find those and I would be more than happy to fill in as His Grace, High King Laxus Magnus. I do enjoy your rather extensive list of requirements, since demand usually signifies quality. In that line of thoughts, I also have a requirement about the lore, if I am to accept all your specifications, namely I would like the roleplay to have a militaristic theme added to it, along with what you already outlined. That could be an ongoing or impeding war with another kingdom, a rebellion from inside the realm, or even both at once. The idea is to have the full royal court atmosphere, that it would not only stay in the castle, no the King and his court should move out into, for instance, a tent camp at the battlefield, or have their capitol assaulted. We could even tie in the war/rebellion with the horror theme, but that would, of course, depend on the type of horror you want to introduce. PM me if you're interested.

P.S. I believe ALL my previous roleplays are in the graveyard section, so you can look them up there, when you do the background check.

@Aleksandar I've done the background check but can't find any recent roleplays that you've been in. The only roleplay I found was something called Remants which dates all the way back to when you first joined. I'd rather go by recent roleplays than when you first started. Could you give me a current writing sample? Perhaps of you playing your character? If you don't want to type it out here, you can always send it in PM. Also, I'm unable to view your roleplay resume so if you could somehow get that across to me by posting it somewhere and giving me the link, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't been active recently, that's why. Here's a link to a 1x1 medieval fantasy roleplay, which is probably the last really serious one I've had. It's incomplete in the thread, but you could get a pretty good idea from it, I believe. I'd say my level and style haven't really changed much since then, but the way of posting would be different, depending on what my character would be like.

Update: my roleplay resume is empty, apart from one roleplay that I applied for, maybe because I haven't been active since the site rework...

Last edited:
@Aleksandar I checked it out. While you do have potential, I don't think our writing styles will mix very well. I appreciate the interest though.

I see, good luck with finding a suitable partner in that case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.