rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
rissa's 1x1 partner search

• Hey, hi, hello, welcome!

Call me Rissa, or Ris, it doesn't matter much. I'm twenty two years old and I've been roleplaying on and off for about three and a half years now. I've been writing, however, my entire life. I enjoy roleplaying immensely and I hope to find a partner who feels likewise. I tend to be extremely detail oriented and sometimes produce ridiculously flowery prose. (Sorry not sorry!) I stay away from casual roleplays simply because it's not my cup of tea. I enjoy worldbuiling and would love to find a partner who shares in that interest. I'm looking for a few dedicated partners that are willing to dive into the written word alongside me. Now, on to the good stuff.

Posting Expectations: Advanced+ (Absolute three paragraph minimum with as few grammatical errors as possible. I will, of course, return the favor.)

Posting Requirements: One to two posts weekly; I'm in a lot of group roleplays and currently I work as needed (which means I never know my schedule) at a cabinet shop. If you require quicker replies, then I'm probably not the partner for you. I apologize.

Other miscellaneous requirements: Be open and willing to plot. No one-gender-only preferences. Be willing to chat outside of the IC, as I like to get to know the people I write with. Communication is key in both life and roleplaying and I'd like to keep in touch OOC as often as possible to keep excitement for the story going. Someone who's willing to play longterm. Posts that are in third person, past tense. I may or may not ask for a writing sample if I've not written with you previously or I cannot find any recent postings of yours on Iwaku to gauge your writing ability. I prefer to have multiple viewpoints in 1x1's, though it's not a requirement per say, and will of course depend of the type of story we choose to write.
    ‣ As stated above, I prefer replies that are longer in length as one-liners simply turn me off of the roleplay. With that said, there will obviously be times where IC situations call for much less. This is alright by me.

‣ I write both male and female characters, of any and all sexualities. I'd like it if you felt the same way.

‣ I do not mind writing with bluestars, but please note that mature themes will not be delved into per Iwaku rules and my own personal beliefs.

‣ I'm not interested in smut, though I do not mind steamy, fade-to-black interactions. Give me a good reason however, and I might just change my mind.

‣ I'd prefer you to message me with your interest instead of posting here, though it's not a requirement. Title your message with '1x1 Interest' or something along those clearly definable lines.

‣ Please note that I do not write canon characters (from books, shows, movies, etc.) and greatly prefer OC's that are created for the roleplay we choose to write. I don't mind "recycled characters" however, as long as they're true to the IC world we decide on, whatever it may be.

Note: If at any time you lose inspiration or can no longer reply for any reason (no questions asked) please tell me instead of going ghost.
  • GENRES -
    • Fantasy: High/Low, Dark, Urban, Paranormal, Science, Grimdark
    • Scifi: Cyberpunk, Dieselpunk, Space Westerns, Steampunk
    • Apocalyptic and Post-apocalyptic, including dystopias
    • Other: Westerns, Suspense/Thrillers, Noir, Crime, Horror, Mythopoeia

BOOKS -
    • Harry Potter
    • His Dark Materials
    • The Dustlands
    • Mistborn
    • A Song of Ice and Fire
    • The Black Dagger Brotherhood
    • The Host
    • Ava's Demon (A webcomic)

MOVIES/TV SHOWS/GAMES -
    • Charmed
    • The Walking Dead
    • Firefly / Serenity
    • Spirited Away
    • Howl's Moving Castle
    • Pokemon
    • Fallout 3

Please note that for the above "fandoms" I would like to create original characters to either play alongside canon characters or create entirely new scenarios within said universes that do not include canon characters. Also, though I refuse to play canon characters (I might, however, NPC them if the plot calls for it), I do not mind if you do: just prepared to get nitpicked if you're not true to said characters.

The Pact
    Inspired by Ava's Demon, this roleplay will include elements from both science fiction and fantasy. Our characters, amidst a futuristic world, are plagued by centuries old demons only they can see. Tragedy strikes when enemy ships arrive on the dilapidated moon they call home, bent on enslaving the masses. A mysterious figure saves -or kidnaps- our characters just before the moon is attacked and enslaved. As time goes on and demon influences become stronger, strange things start happening -- just in time to find out that They are after our characters. The only way to save themselves and right the wrongs in the galaxy they call home, is to make a Pact, the pact of a demon.

Charmed: A Rebirth
    It's been fifty years since the Power of Three was awakened by the original sisters and as technology has flourished, so too has it's magical counterpart. Playing as descendents of Piper, Phoebe, and Paige Halliwell, this roleplay will explore the day-to-day consequences of living with magic, fighting demons, and protecting innocents. Rumors are spreading and terror is taking the magical community of San Francisco by storm: the Source of All Evil has spawned once more.

HOLOS: A New Pokemon Region
    Twins, born to two wanderlust inhibited parents, have traveled the world since they were infants. Now seventeen and imbued with that same sense of wanderlust, these siblings will travel to the Holos region, where technology is abundant and rapidly expanding. Bringing a sense of realism and grit to the Pokemon universe, this roleplay will focus on the twins trials and tribulations as they explore and battle the new Holos region.

• First Posted: January 4th, 2017

Updates: Currently N/A

Reactions: Nav and Iona
Status
Not open for further replies.