Partner for a FxF Sci-fi? (Still Open)

M

monkeymae24

Hello! My name is Mae, and eventually I'll be setting up a bigger partner request thread, but for right now, I really, really want to play this plot. That in mind, please excuse the disorder; my enthusiasm sometimes precludes structure.

~~~~~~~

Twenty-three year old Cora Beckett is fresh out of college and ready for her big break. She has the connections, she has the ambition... Now if only she had the ideas. After all these years of thinking that screenwriting was easy, of being told that she'd have an audience in no time... Nothing seems good enough.

Deciding that she needs a change in scenery from her lovely little rural hometown, Cora moves to New York City and is instantly captivated by the sheer human presence. She begins frequenting a local night club, simply sitting in a corner booth and allowing the raw humanity of the place to wash over her. After all, where there are people, there are ideas, and at least one of those ideas is bound to be worthy of perusal... Right?

She begins to take notice to one regular in particular, a woman who always seems to be there. She is fascinated by the life the woman exudes, and can't help but watch.

Unfortunately, the woman notices the fact that she notices. And she notices other things, too.

Namely, she notices the science fiction stickers across Cora's laptop, the space shirts, the attentive glance. And she comes to the entirely wrong conclusion that she's been discovered.

~~~~~~~~~​

In terms of overarching plot, I'm open to ideas and development. How your character deals with being "discovered" by Cora is is totally up to you. (She can subtly watch, accuse her upfront, demand she be left alone, etc.) Why your character is on Earth, what her species' culture is like, how she blends in with humans, the reason such a simple thing causes her to suspect Cora... Yeah, those are things that are up to you, but I can help with brainstorming if you'd like. (I have five original alien species I typically use in my pieces, so... If you need help, basically I outline alien cultures all the time.)

Anyway, be prepared to discuss plot as we go, because this is literally just barebones. (I really want a partner who provides some input, and my 1x1 plots reflect that. I like to give my partner a chance to leave their own mark on the storyline, so don't be shy to offer ideas.

~~~~~~~~​

A bit about my habits and preferences as an RPer:

1) I will attempt to post a couple times a week, but there are periods where I might not be able to post as frequently. I'm a high school senior who is currently engaged in scholarship submissions, college preparations, and assisting with my school's musical production. RP is my stress relief, but it's unlikely that it can be an everyday thing.

2) I usually post anywhere from one to four paragraphs depending on how much is happening in the story. I try to match my partner's posts, but I really can't go any higher than five or maybe six on a regular basis. That being said, if you're a fan of one-liners, I'm probably not a good partner for you.

3) I'll let you know if I'm planning to be gone for a decent length of time. Afford me the same courtesy, please. I really won't hate you for it.

4) No sexual content. I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable with it. On this note, let me know if you have anything you'd like to avoid, whether it's a major trigger or a small squick.

5) I'm under the EST time zone, in case you're someone who prefers a certain amount of overlap.

6) Be willing to engage in discussion OOC. As stated above, I like collaborating with my partner about storylines, progression, etc. I also enjoy casual chatting in addition to work on the story. I signed up here in hopes of acquiring some writing friends and I like pretty much anyone, so don't be shy. :)

7) Reminder that I am 17. (I will be 18 in about two months, however.) I have RPed with people older than me in the past (I was the WeeWorld forums baby who was taken under the wing of a couple of writers and taught to RP when I was 12), and I'm okay with it, but I understand that some adults prefer to avoid RPing with minors. Also, I'm open to RPing with anyone younger. Age is not an indication of ability. :)

8) Sunday night is Star Trek night! Sorry, but no post on Sunday (night from about 8 PM EST onward). I have to get my fill of Michael Burnham for the week or I might actually die.

9) We will use a simple CS. (Is that what people call them here?) In 1x1s, I prefer learning about the other character as we go rather than an info dump at the beginning.

~~~~~

Well... That's pretty much everything. Um.... Yep. So if you're interested, hit me up. I'm open to doing this in forums or in PM, so that's up to you. Just drop in, state your interest, introduce yourself, voice any questions or concerns... And don't mind my awkwardness

Can't wait to hear from you! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Anguissette
Star Trek: Discovery fan here :)

Interested in a fandom RP for that?

Star Trek: Discovery fan here :)

Interested in a fandom RP for that?
I tend to stick to my post-TOS, pre-TNG OCs for Star Trek fic and RP, but I'm certainly open to trying something new if you want. :)
Do you want to shoot me a PM to discuss it further?

Reactions: Vigilante
Hello there Mae! I can see that you've already garnered a bit of interest but I'd still figured I'd say that I'd love to try this plot out with you! And mention what a nice idea it is in general. ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)

Hello there Mae! I can see that you've already garnered a bit of interest but I'd still figured I'd say that I'd love to try this plot out with you! And mention what a nice idea it is in general. ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)
Awesome! :D I've had this story sitting in my back pocket for a time, and I would honestly do anything to actually play it out. I'll be out for the rest of the night (I just had a couple minutes to check my notifications), but if you want to talk about it here or in PM... Either is fine, just let me know. (And like... If you have any questions or ideas, go ahead and leave them and I'll get back to you.)

Reactions: Meringue