Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
I am not sure if this should be a concern or not but I figured to leave it up here for some advice.

There's a partner I am currently roleplaying with and I like the roleplay but my concern lies with the fact that my partner will be on here and wouldn't reply mostly for days on end and at random times I think my partner will post but yet the roleplay remains, I am in thought of sending a PM to see if everything is alright on my partner's end but I don't want to seem pushy/clingy to my partner so should I wait for a reply in roleplay terms or send the PM to check on them?

Has it always been like this or did they start replying less often?

Some people have rp schedules (whether publicly talked about or not). So will reply to one thing one day and another thing a different day. Or they'll be on just to be around friends but not rp until a specific time. If it was established they'll post (let's say) once a week, and you see them online more often than that but not posting more than once a week, then I wouldn't worry at all. That's just how they work.

If they said they'd be posting, for example, once a day but have only been posting once a week then you might want to ask about it.

If they started out posting pretty fast but suddenly slowed down a lot, you might want to ask if their schedule changed or they're still interested.

In my opinion, a responsible person would be communicative about drastic schedule changes (once a day going to once a week would, in my opinion, be a drastic change) beforehand to let you know what to expect. A lot of people aren't open in communicating like that, though.

Of course, there's also the possibility that your fears are justified and they don't like the rp. In that case, they might answer and say so or they'll lie and say they're working on it. Unfortunately in my experience, 90% of people fall into the latter category.
If I suspect this is happening i just wait a month without bothering them for a response, and if they still haven't responded I'll just call it dead and not waste my time following up anymore. (most of my rps fall into posts once or twice a week category).

Anyway, the short version is: Just ask and hope they tell the truth.

Has it always been like this or did they start replying less often?

Some people have rp schedules (whether publicly talked about or not). So will reply to one thing one day and another thing a different day. Or they'll be on just to be around friends but not rp until a specific time. If it was established they'll post (let's say) once a week, and you see them online more often than that but not posting more than once a week, then I wouldn't worry at all. That's just how they work.

If they said they'd be posting, for example, once a day but have only been posting once a week then you might want to ask about it.

If they started out posting pretty fast but suddenly slowed down a lot, you might want to ask if their schedule changed or they're still interested.

In my opinion, a responsible person would be communicative about drastic schedule changes (once a day going to once a week would, in my opinion, be a drastic change) beforehand to let you know what to expect. A lot of people aren't open in communicating like that, though.

Of course, there's also the possibility that your fears are justified and they don't like the rp. In that case, they might answer and say so or they'll lie and say they're working on it. Unfortunately in my experience, 90% of people fall into the latter category.
If I suspect this is happening i just wait a month without bothering them for a response, and if they still haven't responded I'll just call it dead and not waste my time following up anymore. (most of my rps fall into posts once or twice a week category).

Anyway, the short version is: Just ask and hope they tell the truth.

Well it hasn't always been like this, there was posts generally during the course of the day you see. Well it was generally like this until my partner responded a couple of days later after wtr (wisdom teeth removal), and also the occasional thought of posting when he hadn't and would post promptly after. Then the holidays came and he took a couple days off for that, then the site got upgraded as you will.
At one point he asked about the interest in the roleplay as mine did not wane at all but my partner and I still continued it and it has generally gone well, but now it is kind of like either reply in the same day or within a couple of days or three days after. Well in your opinion it is still under the once or twice a week category and I'm split on asking is because I don't want to be too overbearing but I know of my rp luck that I can't help the feeling that I have.