Part of the Pack

(Nice and sorry this post is a bit short)

Quickly she shook her head and pushed the knife back to Ulfa across the counter and took a step back "No, I don't like having weapons." she had a serious expression on her face "Please put it away." she said sternly.

She sighed and pulled it back, putting it in her pocket. "You're stubbornness is going to get you mugged or worse. I really wish you'd...let one of our guys walk you home or get a dog yourself...Alpha wont' be able to every night...and you're wrong. You do need some sort of protection." She said sternly. "But, I guess getting out a scream gets the Wolf Pack running..." She sighed and moved towards the door. "I gotta go beat the crap outta Faolan for not coming home last night and check up on the community center. I'll see you later."

((it's all good :) ))

A scowled formed on her face as she was told about getting mugged or having to get a dog "No I won't and I don't need a bodyguard." her arms crossed over her chest stubbornly as she turned around and walked into the back. She knew that she wasn't the strongest but she hated anything hinting at the fact that she was, she knew that Ulfa wasn't calling her out on it but just making sure she'd be okay. "I can take care of myself..." she mumbled cleaning up in the back room and then coming back out to tend to more customers.

By the time she walked back out, Ulfa was gone.

She had gone to the community center like she had to, then back home to wait for her alpha to return.

It was around 5 when he did, looking fairly tired. He yawned and moved towards the kitchen, starting to root around for anything good to eat.

His brother walked in behind him, tossing his jacket up onto a table. He walked over to a couch and flopped down, yawning himself. They'd had a busy day apparently.

"And just where have you been, Alpha?"

"Out doing my job, beta." He shot her a glare and looked back in the fridge.

"You need to tell us when you're staying out all night! I was worried sick!"

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Ulfa." He pulled out some leftovers and shut the fridge, moving to the microwave. "Chances are, I'll be doing it again tonight."

"I figured. I told Lacey the dog that's going to be following her is mine and his name is Alpha." She looked at him. "You're taken with her, aren't you?"

He sighed and turned away from the microwave, even though he really liked to watch the food go around and around and around and magically get hot.... "She needs protection and it's our job to give it to her."

"Send one of the others to watch her. You're needed here..."

Faolan walked over to her and wrapped her in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and sighed. "I'm sorry...a couple more nights...then I'll just send guys to patrol, ok?" He nuzzled her head.

"I have a doctor's appointment soon. With Dr. McKay. It's going to be an ultrasound...and it'll be the one that tells us what form I have to stay in." She let him hold her, loosely putting her arms around his waist with a sigh.

"You tell me when it is, ok? You know I want to go to that..."

"I know.." She nuzzled his chest and sighed. "I'm going to bed, ok?"

"Take Syl with you..."

Syl stood up and stretched. He walked over and picked Ulfa up, carrying her into his bedroom.

He sighed and just relaxed for a few hours. Around 9, he shifted down to his wolf form and walked out, heading towards the herb shop so he could keep an eye on Lacey.

It had been a long day and she couldn't wait to go home. Locking up the store she made her way down the sidewalk, her feet shuffling along, hand tucked deep into her jacket pockets. She saw Alpha waiting for her, she was still a bit ticked off from earlier "Go home, boy. Stop getting loose and following me." she said sternly walking past him, not checking to make sure he did what she told him.

Faolan played a dumb dog well. He got up from his seated position and padded on after her, wagging his tail. He lifted his nose up to bump it against her hip, then just looked forward and kept walking. He wasn't going to listen to her, no matter how many times she told him to leave. He was going to walk her all the way home.

Swatting at him lightly as his nose nudged her she groaned stopping to turn and look at him, "Just leave! I don't need you around!" she shouted pointing to the opposite direction she was going "Go on! Go home!" she turned back around and stormed off down the sidewalk mumbling to herself as she yanked her hoodie up over her head.

He narrowed his eyes when he turned around and growled softly. Even after him and his brother saved her ass a couple nights ago, she still insisted she didn't need anyone! Fine. If she wanted to be ungrateful, she could be ungrateful. He huffed at her and turned, walking off and heading back home to sleep with his pack.

She got home alright but did felt bad for taking her anger out on Alpha, she fell onto the couch like she usually does. Not bothering to take her jacket or her shoes and fell asleep. She slept in, not having to work on Tuesdays, rolling out of bed she groans having been woken up by her growling stomach. She changed her clothes and pulled her hair up into a messy bun before heading out.

Taking her time she made her made down to the grocery store, just around the corner from the shop, finally being able to get food she grabbed a basket and made her way through the isles fitting anything she could into it. "That looks good... And that looks good... mmm, peaches..."

Faolan was at the grocery store, a group of kids around him and one up on his shoulders. Sylvester was standing around, too, as well as a couple other guys she wouldn't notice, but they all had the same jackets on. Faolan was deep into a discussion about healthy eating, showing the kids how to check the nutrition facts on the side of the box or back of a package and get the serving size and whatnot. The kids were pretty entranced by it. The Wolf Pack was the only positive thing going on in most of their lives. Some of them had loving mothers, most had parents that weren't around a lot. The kid up on his shoulders looked like the only good meal he got was probably at the community center or school.

Sylvester looked down the isle and saw Lacey, then just turned to re-count the kids. They really couldn't lose one of them...that was very bad. Both for their image, then they'd worry about the kid...when he counted 14, he slid his hands into his jacket pockets and listened to his alpha go on and on about healthy eating...man, he really wanted a steak right now...

She looked up after placing another item in her basket and noticed all of the kids, she looked confused and then noticed Faolan, "I really can't go anywhere without seeing him..." at first she didn't understand why there were so many kids around him but remembered what Ulfa said about the community center. Giving a slight wave, not sure if any of them saw it or not and continued picking up a few more peaches, her favorite fruit and food. "I'm going to eat all of you." she whispered the peaches, she was in a rather good mood so she was being a little goofy.

Walking away from the produce she glanced over at the two with all of those kids and thought about saying hi but thought it would be best if she didn't. Going over into the next isle to grab cereal, she could help but over hear Faolan talking to the kids and giggle softly.

Faolan answered some questions, mostly about when junk food was ok to be eaten. He smelled prey again. Of course, over all of the children, it was hard to figure out if it was a smell he recognized or one he didn't. He rubbed his nose and looked around. Out around normal people, he usually smelled prey. They all smelled like prey. Everyone was lesser to him and they needed to be shown it...

Sylvester caught the look in his brother's eyes and clapped. "Alright, kids! We're going to go play a game! Who can name the most fruits and vegetables! Whoever wins gets a gold star, ok?" When all of the kids cheered and ran off to the produce section, he walked up to his brother, frowning and taking the kid off his shoulders. {You need some fresh air, Faolan.} He said in Gaelic, frowning at his brother.

{I caught a whiff of something...}

{Yeah, Lacey. She just walked past. Go outside. I'll handle the kids.} He turned to the boy in his arms and grinned. "Come on. I bet you can name a few, huh?" He asked happily, walking off to the other kids.

Faolan huffed and dug some cigarettes out of his jacket, walking outside. He leaned up against a pillar and sighed, lighting up one of the cigarettes. Mostly, he smoked to kill his sense of smell. Then there was the whole addiction thing, but mostly he only grabbed a cigarette when there were too many scents around, too many rabbits hopping around in the garden, as it were. He put his head back against the pillar and closed his eyes, blowing the smoke out his nose, trying to calm himself down.

((So, usually when I rp and someone's speaking in a language besides English or whatever the common language is, I use < and it's opposite around it...but iwaku apparently doesn't like that, so...anything said {like this} instead of "this" is going to be Gaelic. >.> hope that makes sense lol))

(Lol Its all good. :) )

She made her way to check out, watching Syl with the kids running about the produce made her smile. After playing the cashier she grabbed her bags, making her way out she caught Faolan out of the corner of her eye, she arched a 'brow not knowing that he smoked, taking a few steps closer to him "You know... They say smoking kills you." she joked giving a nod of her head, she would have waved but her hands were full.

"I see you have all of your kids with you, making you crazy or something?" she asked moving to lean against the other pillar, a small smile still on her lips from seeing all of them before. "You seem really good with kids."

His nose now numb from the clove cigarette, he smiled at her. "Oh, hey." He stood up off the pillar. "Yeah, I've heard that." He said, looking at his cigarette. "But so does living in this cesspool of a city."

He looked over at her and smiled. "Thanks. I like 'em. They're just a mini-pack, really." He glanced towards the door, taking another long inhale off his cigarette. He let it out his nose again and looked back at her. "Sometimes, the questions get to me...man, they have questions about everything...and it makes me start thinking about how their parents aren't around to answer for them, or they don't care enough to answer them..." He shook his head. "Chance, the kid I was carrying if you saw that...his parents sell their food stamps so they can get booze and drugs...and just let that poor kid starve..."

Her smile slowly turned into a frown, glancing through the window of the store watching the kids she knew what they were going threw. Taking a deep breath she looked away, out into the street watching a few cars go by "Yeah..." looking back over at him, she watched him taking another draw. Placing some of the bags into her other hand she walks over snatching the clove from his lips "You shouldn't smoke with the kids around... They'll get the wrong idea." she muttered walking in the direction of her apartment, flicking the clove out into the road, she never liked smoking because of her father.

He blinked and sighed. "Yeah, you're right..." He rubbed his nose and sighed. "Hey..." He looked up. "Come back here a second..." He slid his hands into the pockets of his jacket and hurried after her.

"Look...I feel like I need to apologize to you for something. I'm not really sure what, but...I don't know. Maybe I've been pushy or something...I just...after the other night, with those guys...that pisses me off so bad, that they'd come into my territory and try that shit. And then for it to effect someone I know...it gets my hackles up...if you know what I mean. It pisses me off. I..We try and keep shit safe around here. For the kids and families that...for the normal people who deserve a safe life. Like you and those kids. So...I'm sorry if I got pushy or anything...I take my job seriously is all...but I can tell it's made you uncomfortable...I'll keep my dogs inside for a while..."

Stops mid-step and turns to look at him "Yes?" she stayed quiet as she listened to him and was very confused "I'm not sure what you're apologizing about... Um, you're forgiven?" she said with a shrug "I've only seen one dog so I'm also not sure what you mean by that... Look, I am very thankful for what you guys did for me, I guess I'm the one who owes an apology. I haven't really been that nice to you." she sighed softly "I'm sorry for everything. Things haven't been that great lately and I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

He pulled his hand out of his pocket and held it out, a business card between his fingers. "This is my cell. I've almost always got it with me. Please. If you need anything...please call me." He said, very serious, but a concerned serious. "Please just at least take the card...I don't care what you do with it, but if you're going to throw it away, wait till I turn around..."

With her free hand she took the card, staring at it for a moment she placed her bags down and pulled the phone out of her back pocket. Quickly she typed in his name and number and held it up for him to see "Now I don't need your card." she smirked handing the card back and placing her phone away, picking her bags back up she smiled at him "I'll see you tomorrow at the community center, anything specific you want me to bring? Fairy dust? A magic wand?"

He smiled as he watched her type it into her phone. He took the card back and put it back into his pocket. "Um, they've seen what sage can do, so..." He shrugged. "Use your imagination. They're pretty much amused by anything that is giving them attention. They aren't bad kids. I was hoping you could show them better remedies than Tylenol and all that. I want them to stay out of their parents drug cabinets..."