Part of the Pack

In the morning she rolled off the couch with an 'oof', like every morning, and smiles up at him "Morning, boy." she said pushing herself up off the floor, "Sleep well?" she asked giving a scratch to his scalp being going to take a shower, after awhile she stepped out in just a towel, she didn't think much of it, only her and the dog were there. Walking over to her dresser, cut like scars and round burns were visible on her shoulders and back, and picked out her clothes for the day.

After she finished getting ready, deciding to keep her hair down, she opened the door "Come on, lets go to work." she told him and made her way out, on the way to work she had a smile on her face for no real reason. Upon getting to the store, it was a Monday which meant she was the only one working, she left him come into the store. Placing on her apron she grabbed three jars and and mixed the droplets together, walking back over to him she rubbed the ingredients into his skin "This will help."

He stretched when he felt her leave the couch and got up. While she was in the shower, he lounged on the couch and thought about what he had to do that day. Check in on the pack, check up on the community center, and make sure she was walked home again.

When she stepped out of the shower, he had all of her attention. She was very attractive, of course, but then he saw her scars. He whimpered from the couch, but didn't get up to do anything. He wanted to. He wanted so badly to ask her what happened, how she got them. He wanted to tell her no one would ever hurt her like that again...

When she started actually changing, he busied himself with biting at fleas to give her some privacy, even if she didn't realize she needed it from him. He walked her to work happily and into the shop, standing still while she put the medicine on him. He barked happily and wagged his tail, then licked her hand. He stepped back, shook himself off, and looked over towards the door. It was light out...this was going to make shifting back or running home as a wolf a little difficult...

Giggling as he licked her hand, she went into the back to wash her hands and put the jars away, coming back out she grabbed the broom and propped the front door open so she could sweep the dirt out "Maybe we can put up posters for you? Or maybe if we're lucky your owners will just come into the store today." she said to herself and slightly to him, she didn't think he was listening, he's a dog.

After she was done she went into the back grabbing herbs, jars, and the mortar and pestle to grind them down for mixes or storage. Pushing up her sleeves she placed some leaves and spices into the mortar she began to grind "Are you just going to hang out with me all day or go home?" she finally asked him "I can't be the one to take care of you."

Ah! She opened the door! And didn't really seem to mind if he left. He barked happily and walked over to her, tail wagging. He gave her hip a quick nuzzle and turned away, running out the door. He ran down the block and into an alley where he skid around behind a dumpster. He sat and let out a nice, loud wolf howl and waited.

Soon enough, Sylvester rode up on his bike and got out, walking into the alley. He smirked and shook his head. "Weren't you just bitching at me for something like this?"

"Just shut up and give me tha damn kilt." He said, snatching the fabric away from his brother. He had shifted up to his human form when he heard the motorcycle stop. He wrapped the kilt around himself and fastened it, then his belt. "Thanks. And thanks for picking my shit up last night."

"After all that shit you go on about with us about not shifting outside home..."

"Lecture me later, ok?" He asked, walking out into the street. "Ehh. I'll fight you over it when we get back home. How's that sound?"

"Good, actually. Lets do that." He pat his brother on the shoulder. "You smell like that flea stuff."

"One of the many good things to come of me doing what I did last night."

"Mm. Girls feel safe around dogs, huh?"

He smirked and hit his brother in the shoulder. "Get me home so Ulfa can rip me a new one and let me get THAT over with..."

Speaking of Ulfa, the woman was just walking into the shop. She honestly only looked like she was 14, barely teasing 5' tall, but she sure didn't act like it. She was wearing looser jeans than she usually did, and her tight little tank top wasn't covering her stomach like it usually did. She also had on her usual biker jacket, biker boots, and black bandana over her long brown hair. She had her hand on her growing belly, her other hand moving up to push her sunglasses onto her head. "I heard you met the asshole." She said as she walked up to the counter. "Have you seen him?"

Smiles seeing Ulfa walk in, always having respect for a pregnant woman who could pull off being a biker, "Long time no see, and I see that the baby is growing just fine. Did the ginger help any?" with a sigh she answered "Yes I met him, I haven't seen him since yesterday... Maybe a bit after twelve." pushed the mortar and pestle aside she leaned into the counter on her hands and thought for a moment "I think he said something about stopping by today with a flier or something. Don't know when, I could tell him to give you a call if he stops by." Grabbing a jar she poured the ground herbs in and closed it tightly "Or hit him on the head, the choice is yours." she stated with a shrug of her shoulders and tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

Ulfa laughed, rubbing her stomach. "Yeah, baby's growing fine...I have a doctor's appointment later for an ultrasound. If I remember, maybe I'll bring them by so you can see." She smiled and leaned against the counter.

"Ya know, comments are like that are why I keep coming in here." She said after Lacey offered to hit Faolan in the head for her. She grinned, chewing, Lacey may notice. "And yeah, the ginger chews are frickin' awesome!" She opened her mouth to show off the one she was chewing on currently. "I'm actually able to eat now, so that's great." She grinned. "Thanks." She glanced towards the door. She could smell Faolan but wasn't going to say anything. It wasn't like she smelled him hiding under the counter or anything. "You don't have to hit him...he better know he needs to come see me as soon as he gets the chance. I heard a howl on my way up and it sounded like him...coulda been Syl, though. They both sound similar."

Laughing softly as Ulfa showed her the chew in her mouth "Good to know and we love to please our best customers." about to laugh again she stopped and raised a 'brow "Howl? Like a laugh? I don't know, the streets are a bit busy this time of day, but if he comes by I'll give him your message. Though if you stay around long enough you might catch him, but I know you're a busy person. Honestly I'm surprised you're walking around with how pregnant you are, no offense."

Grabbing another empty jar she filled it and tightened the lid, "Hey, if I can ask... What's with the kilt? Its a bit cold out for that, or am I crazy?" she wasn't trying to be offensive or rude she was just curious, plus she loved whatever happen to come out of Ulfa's mouth, it was like a free comedy. "Then again I may be crazy, I talked to a dog on the way to work this morning."

"Naw, howl like a dog howl or a wolf." She said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "The gang's called The Wolf Pack. The howl's just kinda...one of our things. Lets people know where our turf is and whatever. Our area of town's pretty safe, actually...we run a community center for kids to try and keep them out of gangs...teach them that if they howl, one of us should be there shortly to help them out...it's actually helped quite a few of them. So, if you hear a howl that sounds like a kid, call the cops...if you hear one that sounds like an adult, the area around you just got a lot safer." She laughed. "Sylvester says it makes him feel like a super hero..." She shook her head and smiled.

"The kilt? Well, he's kinda Scottish, I think...but mostly, he just doesn't like wearing pants. He says they're uncomfortable. He likes the freedom." She shrugged. "I don't mind. He's not the only one in the gang that wears them. Syl does sometimes, but mostly he likes to make sure no one confuses him for his brother, so he wears pants. Lanny just kinda...he doesn't like wearing clothes...so..." She shrugged. "And he says the kilt's comfortable."

She looked at her. "You talked to a dog? That's where that stupid mutt went! Damn it." She glanced to the door, then at her. "Damn bastard let my dog out yesterday when he left."

She was a lot better at being human and keeping their secret than Syl was...She was smoother at any rate.

She looked at Ulfa like she was crazy when talking about the howls but gave a slow nod "Okay then..." she walked around the counter putting jars up on the shelves wondering if the hormones have really made Ulfa loose her marbles. Her silence was broken when hearing he didn't like to wear pants, a loud laugh bursting from her lips the sound echoing through the store "No pants?!" Clearing her throat at the mention of a dog she walked back over to the counter.

"He was your dog? If I knew that I would have kept him in the store. I kept him at my place last night just in case. He ran out just a bit ago, oh and he has fleas... But I used the flew mix on him so they should be gone soon, if that's okay." she whispered the part about fleas and gave a shrug as if it wasn't a big deal. "If he gets loose again and comes by the store I'll give you call, I should still have your number in my phone."

She grinned. "You should see him walking around the compound, naked as the day he was born...." She smirked. "Not that I really honestly mind..." She shrugged and stood up, rubbing her stomach.

"He'll probably get out again...he does this sometimes. He finds a pretty girl and follows her home...he'll do it for a while, just...make sure he doesn't run out into the street...I'll make it up to you with baby pictures, how's that?" She asked with a smile. "Or, I'll supply you with dog food or something...He's completely harmless, by the way...I mean, if something happens, he'll protect you, but he's not going to bite you or rip up your furniture or anything...or pee on the carpet...if he does that, hit him." She laughed. "And he was the one dog I missed with that flea stuff...Lanny didn't bring enough home, I guess. Thank you so much for treating him...what do I owe you for that?"

Smiling she gave a nod "Deal. Are you going to bring the little tike in to meet Mrs. Walters, you know she'll throw a fit if you don't." she gave another nod "I saw that, he's huge, took up most of the couch." she laughed, pulling her sleeves back down she leaned into the counter. "If I may ask, why does he follow women around? Just some weird male dog thing?" she was never allowed to own a pet as a child, so she wasn't sure what pet, let alone dogs, normally do.

"No charge at all. Even if he wasn't your dog I wouldn't charge." she said quickly cutting Ulfa's offer off mid sentence, "I'm sure you would do the same if it happened to you."

"I'll absolutely bring the little one in." She smiled. "And ultrasound pictures as soon as I get the new ones done. As for why Alpha follows women around...I think to protect them." She shrugged. "He isn't really a normal dog. I've never met a dog like him. If he gets out and sees a woman walking alone, he'll follow her home." She shrugged again and glanced towards the door.

She looked back when Lacey said no charge. She smiled. "You know I would. I love dogs."

Faolan finished getting dressed in the alley and sighed. "I need to run by the community center first."

"You know Ulfa's right around the corner, right? At the shop? I can smell her."

"Why do you think I want to go somewhere else?" He smirked. "She's going to rip my head off." He walked out of the alley and to his brother's bike, getting on.

"Oh no. Territory. You ride bitch on my bike."

He narrowed his eyes. "Rank. Alpha never rides bitch."

"God damn it..." He climbed on behind his brother and sighed. "Fine." He folded his arms and leaned back against the back rest.

She gave a stubborn shake of her head "No, I won't take your money, no matter what you do." giving a smile at hearing she'd bring the baby in "Good." brushing a bit of spice dust off of her apron she walked back around the counter "If your dog gets loose I'll keep him at my place again, seems safer." she gave a shrug as she began cleaning up the counter of her powdery mess "Or I could drop him off at your place if you like. I'm sure its not that much of a walk."

"Just keep him and let him out in the morning. He'll be fine." She smiled, then turned her head in time to catch Faolan and Sylvester pass by on Syl's motorcycle. She sighed. "Well, found both if them..." She sighed deeply and looked back over st Lacey. She smiled. "Here, I've got one of those flyers with me." She opened up her jacket and pulled one out of an inside pocket. They were cheap, but it was obvious someone put time and effort into making them. She handed it over and smiled. "The address is on the back. Why'd you need it? I mean, you don't have kids, do you?"

Quickly she shook her head "Nope, need a man to have 'em." she muttered taking the flyer "Thanks, Ulfa. Mrs. Walters is making me go for her because Faolan wanted to show the kids stuff about herbal healing. The old lady can't keep out of people's lives." she grumbled. With a shrug of her shoulders she folded up the flyer and stuck it into her back pocket. "Anyway, I'll be by Wednesday to do it, so I guess I'll see you then."

She smiled. "Well, it's good to hear you're gettin' involved in the community center." She said happily. She stood up and rubbed her stomach. "I should be there on Wednesday. I usually am. Having a pregnant woman around actually calms them all down. If it was just the boys, well, too much testosterone in one place never works out well." She stretched a little and smiled at him. "You take care. And if Alpha shows up to walk you home, just let him. Sorry he's going to be a nuisance for a while..."

She gave a slight nod "Honestly I don't know if I'm good with kids, was never really around any." she stated leaning onto the counter top on her forearms, she was tired and a bit hungry "Is there anyway to get Alpha to head back home in case I have to do shopping? I don't think other stores will allow a dog inside." she said with a soft chuckle.

"The kids are all over 10. The ones you'll be doing stuff for will be maybe 12-15?" She shrugged. "So, kids to us but..yeah." Of course, Ulfa did look like she could be one of them. "And Alpha should be fine. He'll probably follow you to the store and wait outside. You know, you should probably think about getting a dog or something...the streets really aren't safe...especially knowing you don't get off work till it's dark out..."

She scoffs at the suggestion of getting a dog "Yeah because I can take care of myself so well that I can take care of a dog. Plus I don't need someone, or a dog, to be my bodyguard. I'll be just fine." she then realized something and arched a 'brow "How do you know when I get off? Stalking me?" she joked.

Ulfa's mind raced quickly behind her placid face. She smiled. "I know the hours the shop's open. 9-9 and I always see you here in the afternoon, so I just figure you get off around 9 or 10...which means it's dark, it's late, and it's dangerous."

She got a serious look on her face. "I wish you'd at least carry a knife or something...please?" She pulled a knife from her pocket and put it on the counter. "Take this."

304400.jpg