Paranormal/Supernatural-esque (small group).

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mango

Original poster
So, I want this to start off more like young, paranormal investigators heading out to document a place that is way out of their league -- that, or a few friends heading out, out of boredom, and deciding to explore a haunted tourist site, something along those lines. Regardless of which foundation we choose, I would like for this to merge into something more on a Supernatural level, where they end up opening a portal, unearthing a major curse, awakening some evil -- and then they end up realizing there is way more than just our reality, our realm, and have to gear up to end what they found/disturbed. I'm thinking Indigo/Crystal/Mood children, sort of a kindred vibe, my character personally will be the empath/sensitive of the group but everyone can be a bit unique, be it a clairvoyant or, more comically, a stone.
If that's a popular idea we'll have designated slots to fill.

This is just a super rough hope of mine. Wondering if a couple people might want to brainstorm and come up with something super badass with me! I'd like, max, three people, and while I won't be doubling, you're welcome to -- it'll be a mix of action, romance, horror, paranormal, etc. If anyone's interested, please post here, and then I'll make a group PM or a discord depending on what you guys prefer. Minimum two paragraphs, no smut/etc, I'd like some semi active people, at least like two/three posts a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: junebug
I'm up for this! c:

• Love
Reactions: mango
How young are these investigators going to be? What are they going to be searching for? I've never played a paranormal investigator before so I'm wondering what the rp will entail in regards to the job. ^.^

• Love
How young are these investigators going to be? What are they going to be searching for? I've never played a paranormal investigator before so I'm wondering what the rp will entail in regards to the job. ^.^

Hi friend! Well, despite the fact that I said young adults, early twenties to late thirties would be fine -- even like, a veteran or advanced 'hunter' 'investigator' 'demonologist'; my character is going to be the sensitive/empath, so. As far as what their job will entail, it will start out that they're really just novice/intermediate paranormal investigators -- trying to prove/debunk hauntings, visiting places rumored to be haunted, perhaps even attempting to find the spirits and 'put them to rest'. And then the twist would be them accidentally awakening some massive evil, activating a curse, idk, something crazy! And then it goes supernatural, where they have to kind of act like 'demon/supernatural hunters' and fight against evil to (insert goal(s) here).

We will discuss more via PM in detail depending on interest and preferences (: I would like perhaps one more person depending on whether or not we all (or some) double, and then I can strike up a group PM!

• Love
Reactions: neptune
I'm intrigued by the concept, but I have lots of questions and would want more detail. A proper OOC thread would probably answer most of them, though, so I'll wait and see. :)

This sounds really interesting, but it looks like you already have your max. If you're willing, though, I definitely want in on this.

This sounds really interesting, but it looks like you already have your max. If you're willing, though, I definitely want in on this.
You're definitely welcome to join if you're down (:

I'm intrigued by the concept, but I have lots of questions and would want more detail. A proper OOC thread would probably answer most of them, though, so I'll wait and see. :)
Considering four people are interested I can definitely justify that OOC thread. I'll tag you when it's up and then you can ask away, remember though that while I have a direction I'd like this to go as well as routes I'd prefer we didn't take, this'll have a lot of collaborative brainstorming to it(: so some answers may be based more on a general consensus!

Reactions: Lethe and Kate
Awesome! I can't wait to see the ooc and what kind of characters everyone is going to make. Considering the nature of this roleplay, will we all be playing humans? Or are we going to have some sort of power to accommodate us?

• Love
Awesome! I can't wait to see the ooc and what kind of characters everyone is going to make. Considering the nature of this roleplay, will we all be playing humans? Or are we going to have some sort of power to accommodate us?
Everyone will be human, yes. When I get the OOC up I'll list the different "unique traits" a human could have, but they're not really "powers". More like channeling, clairvoyance, some degree of precognition, sensitive, the differenr kinds of spiritual children or even a "stone" someone who's hardly spiritual at all.

Will tag y'all in that OOC soon!

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug and neptune
Everyone will be human, yes. When I get the OOC up I'll list the different "unique traits" a human could have, but they're not really "powers". More like channeling, clairvoyance, some degree of precognition, sensitive, the differenr kinds of spiritual children or even a "stone" someone who's hardly spiritual at all.

Will tag y'all in that OOC soon!

Sounds like my kind of party! Can't wait to see what's in store for the crew. :D

Are we allowed to pick our powers right away or is it a first come first serve deal?

Sounds like my kind of party! Can't wait to see what's in store for the crew. :D

Are we allowed to pick our powers right away or is it a first come first serve deal?
I hate first come first serve, lol. So you can see what I list and go with whatever you like, I would just prefer no one have the exact same thing, for diversity sake.

Can't tag you guys OOC for some reason, so here's the link to the thread! Ask all your questions there, we'll discuss things, etc.

CLOSED SIGNUPS - BY INVITATION ONLY - Title is a Work In Progress. (Paranormal)

Status
Not open for further replies.