Paranoid Illusions (OOC/Signups)

@loviebeast Hah ok then. TBH I didn't really expect to get much interest in this due to how I pretty much hadn't given any information at all anyway.

Oops I forgot about the 3 hour mark. Ok IC launched as soon as I finish making it's thread.

Alright then, I've made my post.

@Aleksander I like the detail you put into your writing. Two things: First, I, and probably some others, would appreciate it if you could use " " around speech, rather than - -. It makes it easier to read, as - can be used in a similar way to : which can confuse things. Secondly, given that the Necronomicon neither exists nor contains anything interesting that I would use in my worldscapes, i'd appreciate it if the grandmother didn't suggest it was fact.

Also, can we all pick speech colours? I find it to be a very good way of splitting up walls of text to make conversations, which are usually the most relevant parts to other people, stand out. I'm claiming this one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jargo
THanks, @Raitoningu I changed my text according to all the points that you suggested, also my colour is this one. As for the Necronomicon, I had thought that you agree to its existence, because you didn't say anything about it in my CS when I choose it's author as a main hero for Mira. Since she is interested in occult things, partly because of her lineage I'd ask you to let this slide and I won't mention it again, even when she speaks of things connected with it. Also she will tend to make assumptions she presumes are pure truth based on her knowledge of the occult she gained while growing up, but this knowledge is very scarce and disjointed so these assumptions, while being absolute truth for her will naturally be wrong most of the time. I hope that's alright with you.

By the way, I just made my second post and I realised that by introducing my character to the scene I had prevented Norman from answering Yami's questions. Is that a rookie mistake or is it something that is allowed to happen in roleplays normally?

Last edited:
@Aleksander I didn't bother looking up who the inspirational figure was :D I was going to do that when it became relevant to the plot. Either way though, it is a fact that the Necronomicon isn't real, therefore it is entirely impossible for one to have read it. Also I can't help but think that a sceptical character is going to have a hard time sticking to that role if they for some reason then assume that fictional beings from literature are real.
And yes, you are allowed to interrupt something, but it's usually a good idea to state whether it is a direct interruption or whether the people you are interrupting might be allowed to write as if they responded to the other person before the interruption.

Just noticed a trend in my recent RP characters.

I generally put them in the age range matching my own demographic (30s-40s), and I've routinely ended up being the oldest character in the roster.

Derp.

Ha, you're middle aged!

@Raitoningu do you mind putting a link to the IC in the OOC's first post

and a link to the OOC in the IC's first post?

makes it easier to bounce back and forth when we post

Oops forgot to do that.

hey you havent had to go 6 days without anyone posting like I have. Keep thinking somethings dead then someone pops up and posts. Always 6 day intervals too.

Hey everyone, I apologise for not posting anything, but I haven't been at home and the only Internet I have is through my phone and I absolutely suck at and hate typing with it it's not comfortable at all. I hope to be going back home these days and trust me, there isn't anything I'd love more than to continue this role play :-)