Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby had not been so lost in her own thoughts that she had been downright startled and had careened face first into the side of a building when her phone suddenly started vibrating in her pocket.

She had careened face first into the side of the building for completely unrelated and way less embarrassing reasons that she'd figure out once any witnesses questioned her about it =w=.

Right after she shook off this mild concussion

After a minute or two of looking glumly up at the dusky sky while phone vibrated off an on as it received the rest of Yang's messages while Ruby waited for her head to clear, she finally got around to actually looking at what had definitely not! caused her little accident. The first one had her staring for a few seconds before she huffed and leaned back against the building she was seated against, a small, bashful smile on her face as she shook her head. it wasn't really a surprise that Yang had her read like a book, she'd only been doing it since Ruby was born. Thankfully Yang had always used her power for good instead of evil, and between Ciri and Yang she was starting to feel a little silly about panicking as hard as she did.

'ok wel thnx but dnt tell mom plz I dnt want her 2 worry.'

But only a little silly because the thought of her knowing was still terrifying T-T. She scrolled down to the next message and rolled her eyes with a snort.

'Srry my freetiem alrdy spoken 4. did u look @ guild wars 2 yet : D'

There was of course tomorrow with Ciri but like she had thought earlier; Ruby had a few theories of how things would go if Ciri and Yang ever met each other, especially outside of work, and literally all of them were terrifying and at least two ended with at least one person arrested. The next message made her wince and then frown slightly as the connotations behind it kicked in, an indignant pout on her face as she replied.

'I can take caer of meself Yang srsly! why evn ask that?//?/?/??'

She was glad to know her sis always had her back and all that jazz but it got just a little frustrating when you were literally in college and your big sister was still treating you like you were twelve =w=.

Aaaaand then that question.

She stared for a few seconds as her face heated up in sheer secondhand embarrassment. Seriously? Why would Yang ask her that. Ruby may not be the most socially adept kid on the campus but at least she knew that about herself! She was literally the worse person to ask for advice or references or whatever about this kind of stuff! Though... well Yang had only been asking about physical attractiveness. She thought. She huffed and at least did a quick mental check to get this out of the way.

No. Taken. Taken and no regardless. oh god no. pfft. n-no.... no. Probably no. That'd be weird. And no.

There, that was all of Ruby's friends she knew the appearance of. All... ten of them.

Man. she really needed to get out more. She just sent a final 'I wil' in response to the last text before she finally pushed herself back to her feet and swung herself back on her bike to head to her dorm, so she could get some neosporin on this nasty scrape she had one one cheek now T~T

It was probably a good thing Yang was left unaware of Ruby's little biking mishap. Had she known, odds were she would've torn off her waitress apron then and there, stormed to her bike with all the speed of a thousand purebred stallions and gunned the engine nonstop until she reached the scene of the accident, breaking just about every state traffic law in the process. At which point she would've raced to her baby sister's side, scooped her up into her arms, desperately shaken her awake, and... proceeded to relentlessly make fun of her unbelievably bad bicycle game. Weaksauce, sis. :|

And then she would've taken her to the emergency room. 'Cause, ya know, concussions.

As it was, the blonde waitress extraordinaire just assumed Ruby was enjoying this increasingly-rare opportunity for sibling talk as much as she was, giggling at the stream of texts coming in and squinting down at her Android's screen a bit as she digested the messages. She didn't exactly know if it was shorthand, sweaty fingers or what, but Yang had mapped on to her little sister's style of typing long ago, so she knew how to keep up with it.

That didn't mean she couldn't tease the heck out of her about it, though.

"Turn ur autocorrect on!!!!!!!"

That was the first and foremost response she sent, years of being a social savant having honed her typing speed to almost lightning-fast. It was only a few seconds between her first message and her second, if that.

"Chill out. If mom's worried about anyone it me (─‿‿─)"

She was kidding, of course, but she'd be lying if she said there wasn't just a teeeeeeeeny-tiny ring of truth to it. Sometimes she wondered how exactly Summer Rose, actual super-genius, felt about the child of the family who wasn't writing theses and earning scholarships; if she was maybe just a little bit disappointed. She had tried, sure, but she just never caught on to the kinda stuff the Rose side of the family lived and breathed; and while envy really wasn't something that existed on Yang Xiao Long's emotional pallet, she wasn't blind to the fact that even today she had a hard time wrapping her head around certain concepts that Ruby had memorized inside and out at age ten.

It was just one of the many reasons her baby sister made her so proud, after all. <3

The fact that Ruby was so much smarter and more successful than she was didn't bother her in the slightest, but... she hoped it didn't bother Summer, either, because she had zero doubt it wasn't lost on their mom that the sixteen-year-old of the family was already enrolled in college while the supposed adult was off doing god-knows-what. The extent of her engineering knowledge was being good with a wrench under the hood of a car or motorbike, and that came from working in the garage with her dad on weekends rather than poring over Summer's life work the way Ruby always had. The theoretical stuff they dealt with might as well have been Latin to her; she just... didn't take after that side of the family that way.

Which kinda made sense, when you thought about it.

Ruby's second text made her frown slightly, her lower lip curling outwards in a sullen pout as her fingers tapped out her reply.

"Um I don't own a computer .-. You sure ur schedule's all booked up?? Don't u work in that bowling place? Sister!! Let's go bowling!!! :DD"

Maybe a video game ref would entice the dork into hanging out where heartfelt words from her older sister couldn't. She wasn't hopeful, though. :| Her frown grew more genuine and less pouty at the next message, a noticable delay prolonging the time between her previous text and this one as she repeatedly typed something out only to delete it all and start over, finally, she sent a simple:

"Srry. Ur still little to me. I just don't want anyone stressing u out or making you feel bad."

She was glad Ruby was able to hold her own now, though. Even if that meant she didn't need her as much anymore.

The last text still made her grin, though, mostly cuz she could almost feel the embarrassment radiating through the phone's screen. Ruby had never really been about that life, in spite of all Yang's poking and prodding. Which was fine! Though it didn't stop her from sending this next text.

"Cool. SPEAKING OF! Ur living in a dorm now, right? Bet it's pretty cozy, sharing a roof with all those smart, mature college students. Got your eye on anyone? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

Couldja blame a girl for asking? :|

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
tumblr_inline_nece3syXKA1sed6ge.png

"Mm-hmm. Gosh. Well, sounds like Master Shifu needs a Snickers." Yang commented with a sympathetic smile, tilting her head gently to one side and nodding in comprehension. She gave her hair a casual flip with one hand, tucking the notebook back into her shirt pocket with the other, committing Lucifer's relatively simple order to memory rather than writing it down on paper. Ginger tea for Officer Tightpants at table eight; somehow Yang was fairly certain she could remember that. Jeez, this waitressing schtick was the easiest money she ever made sometimes.

Now that bidness was out of the way, the blonde figured she might as well get a little friendly teasing in while she had the opportunity. After all, it wasn't every day you got the chance to mess with a cop :| "Not gonna lie, I'm a liiiiiiittle disappointed. When a police officer walks in with a bump the size of an egg on his skull, I expect a story just a bit more exciting than getting bonked on the head by senpai, know what I mean? You totally blew your chance to make yourself seem all dashing and heroic!" She gave a mock pout, feigning indignance pretty well for a waitress as she dramatically placed a hand over her heart and sighed deeply. "And I would've totally bought an awesome ten-minute epic about how you went into a notorious gang lord's lair single-handedly and took him and his cronies down whilst sustaining nothing more than a simple bruise, too. I might've even swooned. Oh well." :<

And without so much as a wink to clarify she was kidding, she abruptly turned and made for the back to fetch his tea.​
The subsequent expression and deep blush on his face was priceless, his protest over how police work was more procedure then anything of the sort dying prematurely as he watched her walk away. She was joking... Had to be. Maybe if he was five years- He watched her vanish into the back and chuckled ruefully as he leaned on his table and became honest with himself.

Make that ten years younger. Time went by so swiftly nowadays, he could hardly believe it. Seems like yesterday he graduated from the academy and donned the badge. Even more since he kept in contact with any of his old friends... He was a very boring soul at heart, where others went clubbing, he stayed and went through katas or Netflix. Maybe it was high time he began to lighten up his social side of the scale.

"..... I must find a fellow dojo!"

Anything had to be better then just his sensei. Good as the old wolf was in kenjutsu, anything beyond that boggled his mind.

Even if he was married.

.....Yeah, that was weird when he found out.

The subsequent expression and deep blush on his face was priceless, his protest over how police work was more procedure then anything of the sort dying prematurely as he watched her walk away. She was joking... Had to be. Maybe if he was five years- He watched her vanish into the back and chuckled ruefully as he leaned on his table and became honest with himself.

Make that ten years younger. Time went by so swiftly nowadays, he could hardly believe it. Seems like yesterday he graduated from the academy and donned the badge. Even more since he kept in contact with any of his old friends... He was a very boring soul at heart, where others went clubbing, he stayed and went through katas or Netflix. Maybe it was high time he began to lighten up his social side of the scale.

"..... I must find a fellow dojo!"

Anything had to be better then just his sensei. Good as the old wolf was in kenjutsu, anything beyond that boggled his mind.

Even if he was married.

.....Yeah, that was weird when he found out.
The look on his face after all that, was indeed priceless. So much so that when she came out of the back after her brief break, she just grinned and didn't even remotely hesitate before quickly taking a snapshot of that face. It might have even dethroned poor Zuko's expression after the first time she called him Zuzu in front of all his friends. Joking aside...she stepped up. "Don't worry officer, she was only kidding. Again. She's like that. I have to admit though, she does liven the place up a lot despite Zuko being the serious almost grumpy guy." She shrugged. "Even if she comes here in the dead of night. But nevermind that."

tumblr_nrrjc4RtT51squej4o5_250.png

She slid into the seat opposite him, brushing her hair back up. "My schedule's usually busy. School, work, a bit of playing music when I get the chance...but if you ever do need a workout partner and I'm available? I could spar too. I'm pretty good with keeping up practice on my style and plus, I'm a quick learner. Can't really beat self-defense practice with a cop. Unless you go military but they're a different story entirely." She smirked. "Just tell me and--" She jumped slightly in surprise when she heard her name called out and she remembered she was back on call. "Whoops. Sorry, I gotta go take that order now. Be back as soon as I can." She rose out of her seat, heading for the customers.​

The look on his face after all that, was indeed priceless. So much so that when she came out of the back after her brief break, she just grinned and didn't even remotely hesitate before quickly taking a snapshot of that face. It might have even dethroned poor Zuko's expression after the first time she called him Zuzu in front of all his friends. Joking aside...she stepped up. "Don't worry officer, she was only kidding. Again. She's like that. I have to admit though, she does liven the place up a lot despite Zuko being the serious almost grumpy guy." She shrugged. "Even if she comes here in the dead of night. But nevermind that."

tumblr_nrrjc4RtT51squej4o5_250.png

She slid into the seat opposite him, brushing her hair back up. "My schedule's usually busy. School, work, a bit of playing music when I get the chance...but if you ever do need a workout partner and I'm available? I could spar too. I'm pretty good with keeping up practice on my style and plus, I'm a quick learner. Can't really beat self-defense practice with a cop. Unless you go military but they're a different story entirely." She smirked. "Just tell me and--" She jumped slightly in surprise when she heard her name called out and she remembered she was back on call. "Whoops. Sorry, I gotta go take that order now. Be back as soon as I can." She rose out of her seat, heading for the customers.​

Azula. Good kid, her and her brother. Iroh raised them both well, even if her mischevious streak was just as long as Yangs. Even considering their father.

Especially considering their father.

There was a reason after all, that he and Max he suspected chose this place to hang around besides the tea, just in case and it was with a resigned smile and a wave that he gave her, waiting on his brew as he soaked in the atmosphere.

The picture, he fully expected to make the rounds somewhere before all this was over, but at least he'd have tea and someone to interact with more outside of work.

Speaking of which, they were really getting pressure to crack down on what little crime remained. Why, he had no idea but whatever his personal feelings, he had a duty to uphold.

Reactions: C.T.
It hadn't been that Barnable aimed to infiltrate the Jasmine Dragon's kitchen without leaving a trace of his presence. No, as much as he'd rather keep out of sight, it was only... decent, proper, to be somewhat visible in his appearance. A good deed was done unto him, it was only fair this way. Barnes was quickly noticed by one of the establishment's employees. Iroh's niece. Her name was foreign to him unfortunately. From what little he discerned of her and brother, they were honest people. Like their uncle in some ways.

There was a point made in ensuring he did not mingle with others too long, especially the younger folk lest a stigma would be attached to them. In his mind anyway. It wouldn't do to get involved with this fellow, to be associated with a man whose name was mud.

Little did he know that would, unfortunately, be the case down the line.

Barnes paused momentarily, realizing he had been seen, and shot Azula a look.

tumblr_ncuhwlnCkW1rzhxg4o3_250.png

His was not a stare, merely a brief glance with hardened features... before a curt yet grateful nod was gesticulated her way. With that done, he resumed his movement, deft hands clambering to grip a-hold firmly the designated gift. A somewhat medium sized paper bag of excess bread and more, if Iroh felt a bit more generous than usual.

Truthfully? He favored croissants heavily (he's paid for one from the shop) but he accepted whatever came his way. When he returned home, his bounty would be shared with the few homeless he knew, those who helped him in the beginning to get a bearing in the vagabond's life. Ol' Earnest Ernesto would enjoy the day old wheat quite so.

Barnes would have been placing the bagged assortments of bread gingerly inside his pack when Yang made her presence known. For the whole world to hear it seemed like. Not that he held it against her or anything, it was a part of her exuberant personality it seemed like.

He paused briefly, seemingly frozen from behind as Yang made herself right at home... and forgoing his rigidity, he lifted his hands to grip the counter-top briefly. What could someone like him say in a situation like this? Hey. Thanks for letting me bum the bread off you. Something like that?

Barnes gritted his teeth at the very thought before he realized Yang was talking to him. She'd regarded him as Hobo Pete. ಠ_ಠ

Still, the last vestige of his prior thought had been something along the lines of getting his thanks to Iroh. Somehow.

"..." It'd have been utterly rude to not have responded. He turned in place, no rigidity in his posture or motion as he regarded Yang now. He observed her briefly, eyes meeting before rolling down and over to formulate his first impression of her. Then they flickered to the ground, shoulders scrunching up as he shifted the rucksack into place.

Another of the good ones.

He was thinking.

Why the hell not?

He clicked his mouth then, tossing a casual nod toward nothing in particular with a satisfied expression, before returning his attention to Yang. "Sure. Just water."

Though his eyes shifted to the doors then. "That is, if you don't mind me scaring customers away." He added, a light-hearted remark meant in half jest, half seriousness. Even the sun came out of the clouds after a rainy day...

He'd effectively taken to bludgeoning the one rule earlier he had into smithereens.

He set forward for the door, passing a grateful thanks Yang's way as he opened and without missing a beat, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, walked out the back and found himself a seat.

He took notice of the cop immediately, blue eyes discerning the telltale signs. A soft, neutral nod was his acknowledgment of Lucifer's presence as he settled into the corner of his lonesome booth, eyes scrutinizing everyone else.

The niece was there. The nephew... he wasn't certain. Iroh was surely somewhere round these parts.

It did good to take a moment's reprieve from all the hiking across the city. A content, appreciative sigh followed and he removed the cap, making himself tentatively at home. Somewhat a first in a long time.

@Saint Guillotine @C.T. @OrlandoBloomers

He set forward for the door, passing a grateful thanks Yang's way as he opened and without missing a beat, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, walked out the back and found himself a seat.

He took notice of the cop immediately, blue eyes discerning the telltale signs. A soft, neutral nod was his acknowledgment of Lucifer's presence as he settled into the corner of his lonesome booth, eyes scrutinizing everyone else.

The niece was there. The nephew... he wasn't certain. Iroh was surely somewhere round these parts.

It did good to take a moment's reprieve from all the hiking across the city. A content, appreciative sigh followed and he removed the cap, making himself tentatively at home.

Whether he knew it or not, Barnes and his subsequent entrance was almost parallel to his current thoughts. Certainly a role of a cop was to serve and protect the public but the extremes some took this made him pause.

Was it really a good use of their time to drive some bum to the station for trying to sleep on a doorstep? Or some kid for painting on a wall? He thought fondly of Nux, given his second chance. An eager to please figure. All paws and tail like a puppy as he threw himself into honest work.

He wished it was that easy, sometimes. He gave a small smile and nod towards Bucky in recognition as he waited.

@El Tigre!

Picture this: he was a guy living the dream. He exited one of the class buildings located within Vincent University--the English wing, to be exact. The young man walked carefully, as to not scuff his custom black leather boots, toward a private car where a paid driver was waiting to pick him up. He adjusted the leather coat he was wearing--which matched the expensive boots on his feet--before entering the car. He sat down on his vinyl, memory foam heated seats and tossed his book bag--containing his Latin textbook--onto the seat next to him.

"Take me downtown, to my condo before my next class starts," he told his driver placing a pair of hot shades over his eyes. "I deserve a break after all of my hard work today."

tumblr_inline_nl0kokKkj11r3leyb.png

This, folks, was a man named Train Heartnet.

Or was he really?

Well, one could say that the man described above was the kind of man Train would really like to beat the living shit out of--and probably had on several occasions. Train Heartnet wasn't some rich-ass snob enjoying all of the finer things in life. No, Train was a homeless thug who came from the Fieldspans area of Parrel. He was nothing like one of the gifted rich kids who were lucky enough to find themselves attending some prestigious university.

Okay, maybe he did have a leather coat, but that was only because he had stolen one from a university student after selling some drugs downtown last week. The coat even belonged to one of his customers. Heh, what a loser.

And so, the real Train Heartnet--a spiky haired brunette with narrow, golden cat eyes--wasn't the type of guy to spend his Mid-Wednesday at a cozy condo studying for his next class. Yes, that most certainly wasn't like him. The real Train Heartnet was more like the kind of guy you'd find in a dark alley way, waiting for someone shady to meet up with him. Which was exactly what he happened to be doing on this Wednesday.

tumblr_inline_nl0l3xIqR91r3leyb.png

With closed eyelids and folded arms, the tough male kept his back leaned against the corner of a dark alley somewhere in downtown Parrel. He wore a solemn expression as he waited for someone to meet up with him, prepared not to move an inch until his guest arrived.

Thankfully, Train didn't have to wait long.

A man wearing a long, dark coat approached Train, his hands in his pockets. "You from Chronos?"

Ah, Chronos. Train may not have been the type to attend a university, but he was most certainly the type to join a gang. Chonos was the very gang he happened to be a part of. They sold and traded drugs, sending Train to pick up some of their supply on occasion. In fact, his meeting with this guest happened to be a supply pick-up.

"You got the goods?" the young thug asked his guest, not even bothering to open his eyes.

Train's guest frowned, reaching inside his coat. "I'll take your answer as a yes."

Click

Before Train could even speak again, his guest had pulled a gun on him, cocked it, and held it in his face.

"Put your hands up, Chronos thug, you're under arrest."

Train opened only one eye, a frown forming on his lips. "You serious? You with the PPD or something?"

"That's right; now put your hands up. I'll be the one asking all of the questions here, Chronos thug."

Train chuckled, not moving a muscle. "Is that so? Well, I feel I should warn you... you're about to come in contact with some real bad luck. You see, I'm not just one of their thugs..."

Bang!

tumblr_inline_nl0kpbKifY1r3leyb.png

"I'm one of their best."

"Black Cat. Don't forget it."

Before PPD officer could even react, Train drew his gun and shot him in the head. Afterwards, he quickly shoved his own gun in his holster and took off running. A shot like that during the day would draw attention to himself in an instant. He needed to get out of there. Fast.

As quickly as he could move--and Train could move pretty damn fast--Black Cat began running back toward Chronos HQ. Chronos kept themselves located in an unmarked, condemned building for the time being. They often moved to avoid being caught, and Train had a feeling their group would have to move again soon. The fact that an officer had somehow disguised himself as a drug supplier and set up a meeting with Chonos meant they were getting close to finding the gang once again.

But Train didn't intend to let that happen.

After all, Black Cats didn't receive bad luck, they only gave it. He wasn't about to allow himself to be caught by the PPD. No, they would have to be very smart if they wanted to pull such a thing off.

@CCC Kouhai @Anybody​

Whether he knew it or not, Barnes and his subsequent entrance was almost parallel to his current thoughts. Certainly a role of a cop was to serve and protect the public but the extremes some took this made him pause.

Was it really a good use of their time to drive some bum to the station for trying to sleep on a doorstep? Or some kid for painting on a wall? He thought fondly of Nux, given his second chance. An eager to please figure. All paws and tail like a puppy as he threw himself into honest work.

He wished it was that easy, sometimes. He gave a small smile and nod towards Bucky in recognition as he waited.

@El Tigre!
Still, as much as he'd like to release himself to this reprieve, temporary as it was, he couldn't get too comfortable.

He leaned forward, steeping fingers into one another, as he glanced around from his seat once again. It truly was habitual.

"..."

Barnes paused for a moment, trying to see if he could wrack his mind in regard to the cop's identity. Maybe he'd seen him around? Perhaps he'd come across mention of deeds of his...

Regardless of that, Barnes already knew on an instinctual level the man wouldn't pose any hindrance to him.

@Saint Guillotine @Any one @Banana Soiree​

"Turn ur autocorrect on!!!!!!!"

"Chill out. If mom's worried about anyone it me (─‿‿─)"

"Um I don't own a computer .-. You sure ur schedule's all booked up?? Don't u work in that bowling place? Sister!! Let's go bowling!!! :DD"

"Srry. Ur still little to me. I just don't want anyone stressing u out or making you feel bad."

"Cool. SPEAKING OF! Ur living in a dorm now, right? Bet it's pretty cozy, sharing a roof with all those smart, mature college students. Got your eye on anyone? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

Couldja blame a girl for asking? :|
The rest of the bike ride home was spent in a still slightly dizzy haze, the night sky doing its best to glimmer faintly past the vibrancy of the city's lights. Thankfully it wasn't a long ride, and a half hour later Ruby yawned as she finished locking her bike up and slipped quietly through the dorms entrance. The dorm was a large building, and while as new as the rest of the college, the headmaster had been keen on giving the university a very stately, prestigious air, and the red brick and vines looked like a well kept building a century older than it was. Not that Ruby was even paying slight attention. She was exhausted. How the heck was she supposed to go do stuff with Ciri after work tomorrow? sure she didn't have class on friday, but that didn't mean she'd be any more awake once work was over.

Granted the mild head trauma probably didn't help =w=.

She sighed and resigned herself to the fact she was either going to have to caffienate like it was finals week or just fall asleep halfway through... err... whatever they were going to do. Now that she thought about it Ciri hadn't even given the slightest hint about what that was, and a nervous frown flittered across her face as the prospect. Ciri's 'have I ever steered you wrong?' echoing in her mind as memories of the nacho incident of July danced in her head. Horrifying, terrible memories. "So much cheese." she muttered to herself with a shiver as she reached the final steps to her floor. She crossed the short distance to her door shortly after and quietly as possible slit her keycard through the reader, the door unlocking with a click before she edged it open to peek inside. Weiss was in her bed on one side of the room, the covers hiding the heiress save for the soft, regular ups and downs as the girl breathed. Ruby let out a sigh of relief as she pushed the door the rest of the way open and started to creep inside. She really didn't think she had the mental energy to deal with another argument with the girl.

So of course the dizzy spell hit halfway across the room. She blinked as she stumbled, put her left foot in front of her right just as her right started to lift, and could only let out a resigned "ohcrap-" before she crashed into her night stand. Weiss Schnee wasn't exactly the lightest sleeper in Parrel, but that was certainly enough to wake her up, and she yelped in surprise herself at the noise and whirled on the noise. Fencing foil snatched off the ground near her bed to ward off whatever foul intruder had thought to take advantage of her sleeping-

"...Seriously?"

Ruby groaned as she pushed herself off the nighstand to flop back onto her bed, rubbing at her forehead as she closed her eyes to do her best to fight the pain. "...Hey Weiss. Sorry I just-" she started to sit up and found herself staring blankly at the sight before her. "...You do know that doesn't actually have any point or edge on it right-"

"-I am perfectly aware!" She snapped with a growl, nonetheless lowering her 'sword' "It was simply for the... intimidation factor."

"...The intimidation factor of a floppy metal stick with less of an edge than a butter knife?" Ruby asked, more genuinely confused than sarcastic.

"...Just shut up and tell me what just happened." Weiss said with a flat growl. "And what the hell happened to your face? Did you get into a fight?" Weiss said, disapproval and mild surprise crossing her face at the idea of the inept but admittedly (obnoxiously) sweet Ruby hitting someone.

"N-no! I just... err..." Ruby started with a strong, affronted glare but it died faster than it had come. Did she really want to tell Weiss she'd crashed facefirst into a freaking wall with her bike? Was not being thought of as a girl who got into fights worse than being thought of as even more of a moron than her dormmate already considered her. "It was... umm... well its just none of your business." She finally settled on as she turned and flopped onto her bed. Weiss gave an affronted scoff and narrowed her eyes at Ruby's back "Excuse me? If my roommate is getting into fights or whatever happened then it certainly is my right to know! what if your opponent shows up here?"

"I'm pretty sure they won't" Ruby said with a dry snort at the thought of the building trundling across town to take vengeance.

"...So it was a fight!"

"N-no, thats not what, I didn't mean... ugh. Just forget about it. Please." Ruby said as she pulled the covers over her head with a miserable sigh.

Weiss stared for a few more seconds before she huffed and shook her head, throwing her covers back over herself with as much sass as one could. "Whatever. Just make sure it doesn't come back on me, idiot. And you better change before you fall asleep, I do not want this room smelling like crummy bowling alley!"

"...Ted's is not crummy" Was all Ruby really had the energy to muster sullenly in response, but she nonetheless forced herself to get back up and rifle through her drawers for pajamas.

A few minutes later she was brushing her teeth after the worlds quickest and laziest shower, and finally checking her phone before she crashed. She rolled her eyes at the first few parts, Yang inadvertently doing her best to fight off Ruby's miserable mood. Right up until the last message that had her almost choke on her toothbrush in surprise that really shouldn't have been surprising at this point but seriously why???? >_< She finished up and flopped onto her bed phone at the ready to send of what she didn't know was going to be the last text message of her normal life.

'1. nvr 2. I dun think mom has evr had 2 wrry bout u tbh 3. just have mom & dad send u 1! say it a gift for me 2! but sre mybe just not tmrrow 4. it ok but I an adult now I want chances 2 prove it 5. GOODNIGHT YANG >:((((((((('

She hit send and tossed the phone on to her night stand. ("you're going to break it if you keep doing that" "Please just go to sleep Weiss T~T") She sighed and rubbed at her eyes, doing her best to ignore the dull headache at the back of her head. Somewhere in the back of her mind there was a thought about how going to sleep with a bump like hers could be really bad, but she was just too tired to care. As her eyes fluttered shut, all she could think about was how she really just wanted today to be over. Hoping desperately tomorrow would suck just a little bit less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Chapter 1: Initial Convergence//

@ All

Sleep takes you whenever it normally would, but it is not to dreams your minds go. You feel as if you're falling, swallowed up by darkness, and for the briefest of moments you feel more alone than you ever had in your entire life. As if you are the only thing that ever had or ever will exist.

Then another joins you in the swirling shadows. You crash together as you fall, two very different minds that are somehow the same person. faint memories begin to intertwine, along with the sharp focus of this last day. You feel one self falling away, but a few memories still cling to you. You are alone again.

Another presence tears into the darkness, something far darker, far greater, and far more terrifying than any one being has any right to be. Yet it seems as confused and surprised as you are for a moment, staring at you as if you are a fascinating bug that has crawled across its path. It snatches at your formless mind even as you to rebel against this sight, your conscious self threatening to tear itself apart at the idea that this Never-Meant-To-Be which has you in its grasp could possibly exist.

"Good. You all will do nicely"

The voice hits you like a freight train, and your memory of this encounter shatters save for vague rememberances of something you should have never seen.

You wake up. Memories of a day in a life that was never yours in a place called Parrel sharp in your mind, and faint traces of the rest of that life gliding beneath the surface.

You are not where you fell asleep last.

you may never wake up there again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???,?????,????, Point Zero

For her part, Ruby Rose, huntress in training and leader of the super-awesome-cool team RWBY, woke up with a mild concussion she had not gone to sleep with e_e. She sat up with a jolt as whatever godawful nightmare that was finally ended, clutching her head as she groaned. "Ugh. Ok. Never ever ever trying one of Weiss' cooking attempts before bed again. What time is....it?"

It probably should have hit her when her when her backside felt metal instead of bed, but this was not team RWBY's dorm she was in.

The chamber was vast. Metal walls went high into the air to form a domed ceiling, dull grey with a massive 'TESTING CHAMBER 023' emblazoned on part of the wall. a single set of massive blast doors was set into the wall to the right of Ruby, the foot of thick steel tossed into the hall beyond and crumpled like bits of paper. the rest of the walls weren't in better shape, the formerly perfect half circle dented and stressed with chunks of metal scattered across the floor. Likewise, a set of extremely thick glass partway up the wall on another side of the room had been utterly shattered, the control room on the other side in complete disarray. None of that caught Ruby's attention. No, the massive, techincal... thing that stood in the center of the room did. A tower that went all the way up to the ceiling from the floor with a small section missing in the middle... is what it probably looked like before the huge, purple laser that was still humming with energy apparently shot up from the bottom half to blast apart the top half of the tower and through the ceiling into the unknown above them. The sound was eeriely quiet save for that quiet hum and the occasional 'WHUMP' as the beam pulsed erratically.

Ruby didn't say anything except an extremely small "ow" when she pinched herself, staring blankly at the sight before her. What... what was going on? what was that? Dust??? Where the heckles was she and who were all these other people scattered around- wait no one was Yang! And that was Ciri getting up! Wait. Who the heck was Ciri? She didn't know a Ciri.

Yes I do she works at the bowling alley with me!

Wait. What bowling alley? I don't have a job I'm a freaking huntress in training I don't have time for that.

Then why do I remember a bowling alley????

"...U-umm... hello? Do... do anyone of you know whats going on?" She finally asked, hesitantly waving her hand to wave at everyone she didn't know and didn't remember knowing before she remembered knowing ow her brain.

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @El Tigre! @york @CCC Kouhai @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @BarrenThin

(To those who haven't had a chance to post in the flipside yet, you can either post your first section with it or just jump in with your canon character first!)

Last edited:
Raime, the Raven, the Traitor, stood slowly with a raspy groan that was quite loud coming from his huge lungs. Being thirteen or fourteen feet tall, the average person barely came up to the middle of his thighs. He didn't immediately react to Ruby, but, rather, scanned the room in almost stoic silence. His first thoughts were cast to Nadalia... his Dark matron. Where was she? Was she alright? He couldn't feel her presence... her healing warmth. It panicked him. Frightened him. What on Earth was this place? What were these devices? Who were these people? His head suddenly snapped to Ruby, and his voice came through as less than friendly. The fact that he was taking long, menacing strides towards her didn't help with how aggressive his words came out. "You! Child! What is this place?" Though his words were only meant to be at a normal volume, they came out louder than they were intended; his size and anger made them come off as more of a shout. His thoughts about a life that was not truly his were drowned out in his desperation to find the person he'd chosen to guard.

Confused eyes moved over the other motionless members of the group, giving him pause. There were many others like him, that had yet to awaken. What was going on here? Were they taken? Did these people have the Curse? Did they take him from Nadalia? These thoughts crossed his mind at a hundred miles an hour, barely taking time to give them any thought as he resumed making his way to the lithe frame that stood before him. "Where are we?" Again, the rumbling sound of his voice ended up closer to shouting than calm conversation.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
@Errbody

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Chapter 1: Initial Convergence//

@ All

Sleep takes you whenever it normally would, but it is not to dreams your minds go. You feel as if you're falling, swallowed up by darkness, and for the briefest of moments you feel more alone than you ever had in your entire life. As if you are the only thing that ever had or ever will exist.

Then another joins you in the swirling shadows. You crash together as you fall, two very different minds that are somehow the same person. faint memories begin to intertwine, along with the sharp focus of this last day. You feel one self falling away, but a few memories still cling to you. You are alone again.

Another presence tears into the darkness, something far darker, far greater, and far more terrifying than any one being has any right to be. Yet it seems as confused and surprised as you are for a moment, staring at you as if you are a fascinating bug that has crawled across its path. It snatches at your formless mind even as you to rebel against this sight, your conscious self threatening to tear itself apart at the idea that this Never-Meant-To-Be which has you in its grasp could possibly exist.

"Good. You all will do nicely"

The voice hits you like a freight train, and your memory of this encounter shatters save for vague rememberances of something you should have never seen.

You wake up. Memories of a day in a life that was never yours in a place called Parrel sharp in your mind, and faint traces of the rest of that life gliding beneath the surface.

You are not where you fell asleep last.

you may never wake up there again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???,?????,????, Point Zero

For her part, Ruby Rose, huntress in training and leader of the super-awesome-cool team RWBY, woke up with a mild concussion she had not gone to sleep with e_e. She sat up with a jolt as whatever godawful nightmare that was finally ended, clutching her head as she groaned. "Ugh. Ok. Never ever ever trying one of Weiss' cooking attempts before bed again. What time is....it?"

It probably should have hit her when her when her backside felt metal instead of bed, but this was not team RWBY's dorm she was in.

The chamber was vast. Metal walls went high into the air to form a domed ceiling, dull grey with a massive 'TESTING CHAMBER 023' emblazoned on part of the wall. a single set of massive blast doors was set into the wall to the right of Ruby, the foot of thick steel tossed into the hall beyond and crumpled like bits of paper. the rest of the walls weren't in better shape, the formerly perfect half circle dented and stressed with chunks of metal scattered across the floor. Likewise, a set of extremely thick glass partway up the wall on another side of the room had been utterly shattered, the control room on the other side in complete disarray. None of that caught Ruby's attention. No, the massive, techincal... thing that stood in the center of the room did. A tower that went all the way up to the ceiling from the floor with a small section missing in the middle... is what it probably looked like before the huge, purple laser that was still humming with energy apparently shot up from the bottom half to blast apart the top half of the tower and through the ceiling into the unknown above them. The sound was eeriely quiet save for that quiet hum and the occasional 'WHUMP' as the beam pulsed erratically.

Ruby didn't say anything except an extremely small "ow" when she pinched herself, staring blankly at the sight before her. What... what was going on? what was that? Dust??? Where the heckles was she and who were all these other people scattered around- wait no one was Yang! And that was Ciri getting up! Wait. Who the heck was Ciri? She didn't know a Ciri.

Yes I do she works at the bowling alley with me!

Wait. What bowling alley? I don't have a job I'm a freaking huntress in training I don't have time for that.

Then why do I remember a bowling alley????

"...U-umm... hello? Do... do anyone of you know whats going on?" She finally asked, hesitantly waving her hand to wave at everyone she didn't know and didn't remember knowing before she remembered knowing ow her brain.

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @El Tigre! @york @CCC Kouhai @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @BarrenThin

(To those who haven't had a chance to post in the flipside yet, you can either post your first section with it or just jump in with your canon character first!)

He had a truly interesting dream that night. He dreamed of traveling to places all over the world, Ireland, New York City, Chicago, Africa, New Orleans and so many other countries and states. He dreamed of being a priest, of helping people in need- That was good and really, wouldn't have made much of a difference.

But when the sun went down, everything changed.

So much violence, so much nightmares- It was like a horror story playing out, monsters and all sorts of figures in the shadows as he tossed and turned in unease. The following parading before his eyes, one more monstrous then the other....

"-MY HUNGER KNOWS NO BOUNDS, GODS TOY! I FEAST TONIGHT!"

"We were here long before you nailed your god to sticks. And we shall be here long after. Be a good boy and lay down and die."

"You can't save them! You can't save me! I AM ALREADY FREE!"

In his dream, he was stronger...Faster. The world in darkness was in sharper focus and like his job as a cop, he protected people.

But throughout it all, a deep, underlying hunger he couldn't quite identify was flowing through his spirit. It was omnipresent, never leaving and sharpened in the presence of those he killed- Wait. Killed? He blinked and shot up from his place where he was laying down, breathing heavily as he tried to make sense of it all.

He was...A cop? A policeman? Or was he the Priest-Who-Was-Hunter? He snorted, remembering a time in the orphanage when one of his friends was terrified of a monster in the closet. He told her he would protect her and everyone by fighting it himself...Maybe that was the cause of his dream? Mingled with the bump on his head and maybe a Stephen King novel? Satisfied, he looked around...And winced, getting up as the mindset of the Hunter and the Cop took over as he began to assist everyone he could and check for any sign of damage before turning to Ruby at her question.

"I'm sorry, no. But could you help me with these people? I'm a cop...I think."

And unbeknownst to him, his eyes that were blue before?

They were now currently a deep, blood red.

@Thuro The Assassin Potato @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @El Tigre! @york @CCC Kouhai @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Atomyk @Jeremi @BarrenThin

"Ugh." She grimaced, barely able to get out of the car and stand after that tiring day. The morning job was one thing, some boring school stuff another, but that spar with the Officer afterwards really took a lot out of her. Just a quick "thanks Zuko" over to her brother behind the wheel, closing the car door and stumbling in to the tea shop/residence. For the hundredth time she was really grateful Uncle was so passionate about his tea that he lived where he made it. Less traveling around for sure. A mumbled groggy greeting at her Uncle when she passed by. "Sorry, too tired." She said in way of explanation, limping into her room.

He just nodded in understanding, thankfully not asking a question. "Have a good night." He remarked right before she shut her room door with her shoe. She unslung her backpack, dropping it carelessly on the carpet and stepping over to the bed. "Everything aches." She murmured to herself, not even bothering to change and just plopping straight down on the bed. "I'mma feel that in the morn." She mumbled into her sheets before she was out like a light.

Were she in any capacity capable of deep and rational thought, she would have thought it ironic. No sooner then she drifted out like a light, did she feel she was falling into darkness. Pitch black, all consuming darkness. A void...

Then she was no longer alone. A vague sense of colliding with someone else...and then it's ripped away as yet another...thing, for lack of a better word, comes into sight. Something terrible and terrifying at the edge of conscious thought. And then it's gone, a sudden spike of mental assault ripping the recollection of this event to shreds, torn and lost in the blackness. Just a sense of...feeling small. Of seeing something no human should ever see. The stuff of nightmares.

And then she awoke.

She blinked rapidly, shooting up out of bed and taking a familiar kata stance, ready to fight if need be--a sudden spike of collected and contrary thoughts hit, driven deep into her mind. She dropped to one knee, pressing a hand against her forehead as she groaned from the pain. What the hell was this???

I'm Princess Azula. Daughter of the Fire Lord, heiress to the throne, one of the royal family of the strongest nation in the world.

I'm...I'm Azula. Barista.

Favored child of Ozai, the wisest, strongest and most powerful Fire Lord in history.

The discarded daughter of a deadbeat who was not wise enough to stay away from alcohol, not strong enough to pull himself out of the dreaded bottle and the only power he could find was in abusing his wife and beating two defenseless children.

These two thought patterns coming together confused her...but she didn't even blink once more before she steadily rose. Regardless of anything else that may or may not have been, she was Azula. Still in the middling of her teenage years and yet trained beyond her years, possessing the mental clarity of adults far older than her. Master of lightning at a time when most were beginning to pull themselves out of their diapers! The only one in all of history to use blue fire.

Brushing past these conflicting surface thoughts, she glanced around and took stock of the situation. Strangers for the most part...save for three. A vague sense of familiarity came to mind when she looked over at a busty blonde with ridiculously lengthy hair. And again, when she looked at the one who proclaimed himself a cop, as well as a scraggly, long haired man. Strange. She had never seen any of them before...but at the same time, she had.

"...Fuck." She said, almost on reflex. And then she recoiled slightly in confusion, testing her tongue as if trying to figure something out. What did that word mean??? No no, figure it out later. She stared up at the tower, pulsing with power and dominating this strange room. That...was something else. Their nation had advanced technologically far beyond the others but still, that was above them. Huh, Kuvira's spirit vine weapon but much earlier in the time line :|

She only glanced at the others in the room again before she turned away with a sneer, not bothering to answer any questions. These filthy commoners...

And then guilt from even thinking that and she turned back again.

char_6258.jpg

"No. I don't." She answered Ruby and held a hand out, intending to light her palm with a ball of azure fire. "But I intend to find out. If any of you other people know, please do share." It wasn't a request as she stared from one to the next in undisguised annoyance.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Jeremi @Saint Guillotine @york @BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @CCC Kouhai

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest of the night had been pretty uneventful with Vash helping out as best as he could and trying not to get on anybody's nerves. Once the time finally came for him to go and be free, he took it with the utmost of maturity. Which he clearly demonstrated as such as he slung his apron over his shoulder and practically pranced to the front doors of the Starbucks.

"Shaun? I want you to remember something this day. That I, Vash Nightow and you will be going our separate ways as is customary for our work once we've reached our destined time. To speak only through Facebook chats and whatever texts I feel like sending at eleven clock at night! So, just have a good night alright? That's the least I feel I can ask of anybody who's put up with me for as long as you have! Welp, I guess that's all. Bye Shaun!" Vash exclaimed as he gave a wave and turned to head off himself. He knew he could have just called Wolfwood to come and pick him up, but his best friend was probably either out partying or had some charity work to attend to.

This was fine however as it left Vash with all the time in the world to think to himself about stuff like the stars. Gazing up at them as he walked along the sidewalk, the way they glimmered in the light like that brought a smile to his face. The stars were about the most free things he could think of. They came into existence just like anything else, they live, they fufill their purpose and never have to worry about anything. Just doing what comes naturally to them and that's the kind of thinking Vash could get behind. The key word there being could as Vash had too many friends to worry about being happy and in good spirits to focus on himself and what he should do. But it always something to throw back and forth when he had some quiet time.

As he walked however, he slowly pivoted until he was facing the Dunkin Donuts that he had been eyeing earlier. Reaching into his pocket and grasping the dollar bills he had neatly slotted into his wallet, his face broke out into a grin. "Oh, this is a great day!" Vash usually spent his money on more important things like helping Wolfwood pay the rent and cleaning supplies for whenever Wolfwood had a party so he usually didn't get to treat himself too often but this was a different day!

Rushing towards the entrance of the place, Vash's eyes were closed as he gracefully pushed both doors open. Taking one step forward and then another, Vash slowly let the doors close behind him before opening his eyes. It was like gazing into Nirvana. The best place to get donuts close by and he had enough time and money to engorge himself. Not to mention that one of his favorite employees was running the counter tonight!

"Hey, Spikey Head!"

Vash could recognize that voice anywhere. It belonged to a friend of Vash's that came into his Starbucks every now and then. Every time however it seemed like his friend had garnered a new job after being fired from the last one. This one at Dunkin Donuts appeared to have stuck for good which Vash could dig. Pulling out his wallet however, Vash shot a smile the man's way.

"It's good to see you, Luffy! How's work been treating ya?"

"Pretty good, Vash. It's still paying well and I haven't gotten fired yet. So seems like things are finally turning up for me! How's your job handing out coffee to people and wearing that green apron?" Luffy asked as Vash took a seat in front of the counter and lightly shrugged his shoulders. "It's been great as usual. I've made plenty of friends there if you can believe it. I even have one who's my coffee companion! Ran into a bit of trouble today though with some unruly customer."

"Unruly how? You're one of the nicest guys I know! Even if you're kind of a wimp but I can respect that! Nobody ought to get unruly with you unless they want a taste of what Monkey D. Luffy's packing! Oh, and do you want your usual order Vash?" Luffy asked so casually that you could almost forget how angry he sounded when he started speaking.

"It's nothing to really worry about, Luffy. Honestly it was kinda my fault. He went in and tried speaking British to my coffee companion. Only it was the kind of British that Americans think sounds British but it's really not that British. Then Shaun told him to get out and he nudged me on his way from the place. It knocked me down and I ended up dragging him down too by mistake. Trust me when I say it didn't go any further than that. He picked himself up and left and that's the last I hope to see of him." He neglected to mention the insult the jerk had gone as far as to insult Vash's protsethic arm but he didn't want to rile Luffy up even more. "Yeah, just get me a box of chocolate frosted donuts and a strawberry coolatta lite."

"Well, if you say so Vash. But you've known me for long enough that I think you'd believe that I'd kick the crap out of anyone who messes with my friends! Just give me a name and a face and bam-boom-pow! They're outta your hair! Oh, uh speaking of kicking the crap out of, have you talked to Meryl?" Luffy asked as he brought the order back so that the other peeps could get to work on it while he conversed with Vash.

"Thanks Luffy but really it's okay! You're talking to Vash Nightow here! I'm one of the toughest, meanest, son of a guns who has ever lived in this city! So lemme tell you that I-I..Did you say Meryl?!"

9bfd26c355d143eaf8b82c38975f04fff5761a01_hq.gif

Greatly amused by the change in Vash's facial expression, Luffy was a tad too simple to really comprehend the genuine fear that was coursing through Vash's entire body at the moment. "Yup! Why do you ask, Vash?"

Quickly rising from his seat, Vash slammed the money down on the counter once his order came back to him and grabbed the box and his drink. "Well, it was nice talking to you Luffy but I really have to go! You know do girl things! See ya!" With that Vash sped out of the joint leaving only a confused Luffy behind. "...Vash does girl things?"

"OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP!"

How could he have been so stupid to forget something so important?! Meryl was one of the closest people to him after she played a role in helping to save his life and just being a genuinely nice person. If a bit hard to approach but she grew on you! Like she had done to Vash and all he had done was disappoint her. He told her that he'd go and get something nice for her after he'd kept forgetting when she wanted to schedule times to hang out and such. But he spent the money instead on donuts and a drink. Well, it wasn't something fancy like jewelry but it was something at least? After having run quite a bit for his box, he stopped to grab his phone and shoot a text to Meryl.

"Sorry about not showing up like I said I would. I got distracted. But I have something that I think you'll really enjoy, Meryl! I'll be there as quick as I can! Xoxo Vash"

But just as Vash started back on the walk to Meryl's place, Vash noticed three men approaching him. Slowly lowering his straw from his mouth, he'd stare at the three curiously before his eyes widened. One of them was the man from earlier who had mocked Shaun with his terrible British accent and then accosted Vash outside of the Starbucks. But it seemed like he had two bigger friends this time around. Tucking his box of donuts under his arm, Vash gave a weak smile towards the three.

"Lovely night out for a walk isn't it? I think walking in trios is actually a pretty smart idea! So if one of you gets into trouble than the others can call for assistance. It's like a helpful chain of friendship! Um, do any of you gentleman think you'd care for a donut?" He'd ask while it was clear he was trembling as he pulled out a donut and proceeded to munch on it openly in front of the three men.

tumblr_mxrriyOquP1s86x47o9_500.gif

The man who had threatened Vash at Starbucks didn't seem to take Vash's attempt at love and peace too well. Walking forward, he sought to grab Vash by the collar of his shirt and pull him slightly off his feet. "You think you're funny huh? Well, you're gonna look even funnier when I shove that straw of yours up your..What the heck's wrong with your face?" The man asked as Vash's face seemed to scrunch up for some reason. "O-Oh I'm sorry, sir! It's just that when I'm around ugly men, my allergies tend to act up! Ah-Ah-ACHOO!"

He'd 'sneeze' as his hands lashed out and he'd end up dropping his drink right dab smack on the guy's face. At the act Vash paled and quickly turned to bolt off because there was no way they'd believe that his klutzy nature was responsible for that as well. He just had to get home to Meryl and that'd be it! Then these mean men would leave him alone and he could make up for how much of an unintentional jerk he's been to the girl who's liked him the most!

Thankfully for Vash he lost the three and arrived at Meryl's place. Giving a wary glance around though just in case, he'd open the door as Meryl usually left it unlocked and made his way inside. The lights were off which didn't bother Vash too much because like his mother always told him, when nighttime came, the lights went off! Because paying electricity bills was a real pain in the rear. But what did hurt him was the candles that Meryl had set up in the kitchen and a plate with a donut on it that had a note next to it labeled 'For my idiot <3'

To think that Meryl had found the time to do this, likely after some prodding from Wolfwood and Milly and Vash had been so preoccupied with his donuts and work that he had yet again gotten sidetracked from what was really important. Well he had lost his drink in order to save his own hide. But the donuts were still relatively in tact with only one missing thanks to Vash. But he could leave them out and do her one better as he grabbed a sharpie and a sticky note.

"For Meryl. ^^ THIS MEANS DON'T EAT THEM, WOLFWOOD"

Pleased with his handiwork, Vash stuck the note to the top of the box and quietly made his way upstairs and to the bedroom. Where as he expected, Meryl was sound asleep and there was a pillow calling his name. Stripping off his shirt and pants so he could get into his sweatpants, he'd crawl into bed and cuddled up next to Meryl. For as much of a pain as she was at times, it was usually 99% justified and there was a lot he could be doing for her. As he drifted off to sleep, he began to think of what some of those things were. It's too bad that he wouldn't wake up next to her but somewhere far more different.

Glancing around briefly, Vash the Stampede came to the conclusion that no this was not the rock he had been sleeping on while the Insurance girls and Wolfwood got nice comfy hotel rooms. But somewhere far more metallic and scary to boot! But this didn't mean he should start sobbing like the scared little girl in him desperately wanted to do. Had he been captured by someone wanting the sixty billion double dollars bounty on his head? Or was it another one of Knives's minions?

Not to mention what were these fleeting thoughts running through his head as he glanced at some of the people who seemed to be here with him. The young girl who had spoken up first seemed like she had been to his Starbucks before. But Vash never worked an honest day in his one hundred and thirty year life! Also, what the heck was a Starbucks and did it have donuts?

tumblr_mqbp2b6U331rucc9wo1_500.gif

"..Nope. I'm afraid I have absolutely zero idea as to where we all are. But I'm sure someone else will wake up and have all the answers we're looking for. But that's optimism for ya." Vash said keeping up his hopeful demeanor even when he wasn't sure of where he was and how the heck was that girl creating fire with her hands? Did she have some kind of smoke and mirrors act going on with a mini flamethrower hidden in her sleeve or something? That was some awesome stuff! He did scoot back a bit when she turned her glance onto him however because he sure didn't want to mess with the girl who could seemingly create fire! Which was so totally awesome!

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @El Tigre! @Jeremi @Saint Guillotine @york @BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Last edited:
Well this was certainly something different from her usual life.

Or was it really?

Wasn't she Luviageliat Edelfelt of the renowned Edelfelt family? Wasn't she CWC Women's Champion?

Hold on what? No...that didn't feel right...She was a mage, a student in the Clock Tower. The ever aggravating Rin Tohsaka was her sworn rival. Actually that rang true however these memories seemed to tell her, albeit in different ways. Hadn't she been sleeping in her shabby apartment before? Ugh no that sounded very wrong. She wouldn't be caught dead in a complex with less than 28 rooms.

Realizing she wasn't alone Luvia would get up gracefully from the floor and have herself a look around.

"I suggest we remain calm and collected until we get our wits about us."

A broad strokes reply, but in a room filled with unknowns it was the only thing Luvia thought was worth saying. "And if I knew what had befallen us I assure you I would have informed you all the moment we woke." She added to the short girls inquiry.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @C.T. @Saint Guillotine @york @BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Shaun had leaned over the counter, staring and wincing a little as Vash did his usual klutzy ninja kitty spikehead thing. It was rather unfortunate for Vash, but it did make Shaun laugh just a little on the inside. That damned bully had been coming around for the past few years, bugging Shaun for some odd reason. Maybe it was because they'd been peers back at Nereci Academy, with the other man dropping his application to Vincent University in a move that paralleled Shaun dropping out of the college in his second year. Not that they knew each other that well, mostly knowing of each other from their status at Nereci, also known as The Farm by the students. His name was Connor Miles. No wait, that was his grandfather. Bill Miles? No, that was his Father. Desmond. Desmond Miles. That was the irritating git that had been bugging him all this time, coming around and pestering him when he just wanted to be left alone.

When Desmond finally left, he muttered under his breath. "Yeah you better run."

Then when presented with Vash's over exuberance, he really didn't have a lot to say. He liked Vash quite a lot actually, but that wasn't something he would admit to anyone, including himself. He was the ever vigilant lone wolf, or at least that's how he paraded himself in his own mind. Lonely bookworm might be the better word for it. It was ultimate irony that someone with a personality like his would end up in a job that required massive people person skills. Still though, he wasn't fired, so he couldn't have botched it that bad, right? Anyone? Am I talking to myself here?

In the end, the thing the most significant thing he ended up saying that Vash that day was. "Vash mate, you gotta start standing up for yourself. You're a nice bloke, but people will walk all over you in life if you let them."

That was about fifteen seconds before his shift was up, and then he ducked out of there like everyone had the plague. Which in his mind, they were the plague, so it was fitting. He drove his car home, an old and beaten up Volkswagon. Yes. Yes he was aware it made him look like he was the older and much less groovy version of Shaggy that didn't have an anthropomorphic dog as a sidekick. Honestly, it wasn't even his dream vehicle. That was a nice massive shipping van. Run those bloody people that honked at him wherever he went right off the road. He was the better driver anyway.

But alas, it wasn't meant to be. As he closed the door to his car, making sure to make sure it was locked (cause really, who
wouldn't try to steal such a thing of beauty -_-), he turned and walked into the elevator, waiting out the long and very irritating ride. Really, when was this thing going to finish. He could have knitted a nice scarf in the time it took to reach the middle floor. Eventually the Torment of Tantalus ended, and he spilled out of the metal death trap. As Shaun opened the door to his apartment, another torment appeared.

Her name was Rebecca Crane, and she was the main reason that he hadn't moved out of this stodgy apartment years ago. He'd built up a nice nest egg, and was ready to move out of the country entirely, go back to his roots. Back to England. Or maybe to Italy. He wasn't sure yet. But she'd kept him anchored here. The perfect roommate, and the perfect beauty.

Well that was how he saw it in any case. This was what she actually looked like on any given day.

And her being the perfect roommate? Please. She made noise well into the night, constantly littered the apartment with energy drinks and discarded computer parts, and defended the room that Baby got to itself with a protectiveness that a mother bear would have admired. "Baby" being her cutting edge gaming platform that she was building from torn apart PS4s, Xbox Ones, and cutting edge Abstergo Entertainment laptops that she snuck home from her job at their company of course. She and Shaun weren't dating. Officially.
I mean, she wasn't completely bad. She'd offered to try to get him a job at their Starbucks stand at the company branch, but he'd flat out refused, stating that he didn't care for massive companies that controlled everything, cause Starbucks was so different :|.

She was in a particularly good mood this evening, and jumped behind him as he walked into the apartment, covering his eyes with one hand that smelled like silicon and another that smelled like sweaty glove. "Guess who?"

"Rebecca I..."

"That's right. Rebecca. Or as you can call me, grand overseer of all things awesome and master thief." Moving with the speed of an F-16 she was suddenly standing in front of the gutted husk of a computer that hadn't been there the night before. That meant she'd brought it home and salvaged it within the span of a few hours. Of course she had. No. The other would have left him time to talk her into returning it before she got arrested.

"What did you steal this time?" He groaned. She was going to get the both of them arrested, if she didn't give him a heart attack first. She'd already given him a few nosebleeds, although that was for an entirely different reason.

"An... You're going to love this. An Animus." She crouched in front of the machine, running her hands over it lovingly.

"Mind." He said automatically. What? It was. It was the Latin word for mind.

"Yeah. Its supposed to be a cutting edge piece of tech for Abstergo. Skips a generation of gaming technology at least. This thing is going to make the PS4 look like the ZT Commodore. And I'm going to use it to make Baby even better." She pointed a finger at herself with that last statement, beaming with pride.

Shaun tossed his keys on the table and went straight for his bedroom, not even bothering to reply. It was a miracle that she hadn't been arrested already, and him with her. Well, he wanted to get some rest before SWAT stormed his apartment for the resident Kleptomaniac.

Little did he know he wasn't getting any rest tonight. And no, that's not a hidden innuendo -_-

~~~~

Giving one final turn in his blankets, Shaun finally felt himself drifting off to sleep. Only problem is, he didn't stop drifting there. It was as if he were Alice, and he were going deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. Or maybe he was Mary Poppins. But more than likely he was Alice. Definitely Alice.

He awoke in the same room as the others, his glasses slightly askew, and his personality as surly and cranky as ever. As he raised a hand to straighten his glasses, he spoke. "Who the bloody hell spiked the expresso?"

The last thing he remembered was running ops with Bishop and Rebecca, enjoying a nice cup of said expresso, when... No wait. He had been serving the expresso, and living with Rebecca. No, wait again. It was definitely the first one. There was no way he could spend that much time in the same room as her without a Hidden Blade to the gut.

He checked his gear, making sure his baton was still there, that there was a full clip in his gun, and that his Hidden Blade still flicked cleanly out of his sleeve. Okay. That was all there, so now for the hard questions. Where the hell was he? It appeared there was a little girl that was asking the same question. Well, he didn't know, but there was one way to check. He looked around at the room, checking to see what he could see in his second sight, all the while muttering to himself, saying things like: "Alright." "That makes sense." "What in the hell?" and,

It looked like if anybody wanted to talk to the arrogant and distracted Historian/Assassin they were going to have to approach him.

@All

Shaun had leaned over the counter, staring and wincing a little as Vash did his usual klutzy ninja kitty spikehead thing. It was rather unfortunate for Vash, but it did make Shaun laugh just a little on the inside. That damned bully had been coming around for the past few years, bugging Shaun for some odd reason. Maybe it was because they'd been peers back at Nereci Academy, with the other man dropping his application to Vincent University in a move that paralleled Shaun dropping out of the college in his second year. Not that they knew each other that well, mostly knowing of each other from their status at Nereci, also known as The Farm by the students. His name was Connor Miles. No wait, that was his grandfather. Bill Miles? No, that was his Father. Desmond. Desmond Miles. That was the irritating git that had been bugging him all this time, coming around and pestering him when he just wanted to be left alone.

When Desmond finally left, he muttered under his breath. "Yeah you better run."

Then when presented with Vash's over exuberance, he really didn't have a lot to say. He liked Vash quite a lot actually, but that wasn't something he would admit to anyone, including himself. He was the ever vigilant lone wolf, or at least that's how he paraded himself in his own mind. Lonely bookworm might be the better word for it. It was ultimate irony that someone with a personality like his would end up in a job that required massive people person skills. Still though, he wasn't fired, so he couldn't have botched it that bad, right? Anyone? Am I talking to myself here?

In the end, the thing the most significant thing he ended up saying that Vash that day was. "Vash mate, you gotta start standing up for yourself. You're a nice bloke, but people will walk all over you in life if you let them."

That was about fifteen seconds before his shift was up, and then he ducked out of there like everyone had the plague. Which in his mind, they were the plague, so it was fitting. He drove his car home, an old and beaten up Volkswagon. Yes. Yes he was aware it made him look like he was the older and much less groovy version of Shaggy that didn't have an anthropomorphic dog as a sidekick. Honestly, it wasn't even his dream vehicle. That was a nice massive shipping van. Run those bloody people that honked at him wherever he went right off the road. He was the better driver anyway.

But alas, it wasn't meant to be. As he closed the door to his car, making sure to make sure it was locked (cause really, who
wouldn't try to steal such a thing of beauty -_-), he turned and walked into the elevator, waiting out the long and very irritating ride. Really, when was this thing going to finish. He could have knitted a nice scarf in the time it took to reach the middle floor. Eventually the Torment of Tantalus ended, and he spilled out of the metal death trap. As Shaun opened the door to his apartment, another torment appeared.

Her name was Rebecca Crane, and she was the main reason that he hadn't moved out of this stodgy apartment years ago. He'd built up a nice nest egg, and was ready to move out of the country entirely, go back to his roots. Back to England. Or maybe to Italy. He wasn't sure yet. But she'd kept him anchored here. The perfect roommate, and the perfect beauty.

Well that was how he saw it in any case. This was what she actually looked like on any given day.

And her being the perfect roommate? Please. She made noise well into the night, constantly littered the apartment with energy drinks and discarded computer parts, and defended the room that Baby got to itself with a protectiveness that a mother bear would have admired. "Baby" being her cutting edge gaming platform that she was building from torn apart PS4s, Xbox Ones, and cutting edge Abstergo Entertainment laptops that she snuck home from her job at their company of course. She and Shaun weren't dating. Officially.
I mean, she wasn't completely bad. She'd offered to try to get him a job at their Starbucks stand at the company branch, but he'd flat out refused, stating that he didn't care for massive companies that controlled everything, cause Starbucks was so different :|.

She was in a particularly good mood this evening, and jumped behind him as he walked into the apartment, covering his eyes with one hand that smelled like silicon and another that smelled like sweaty glove. "Guess who?"

"Rebecca I..."

"That's right. Rebecca. Or as you can call me, grand overseer of all things awesome and master thief." Moving with the speed of an F-16 she was suddenly standing in front of the gutted husk of a computer that hadn't been there the night before. That meant she'd brought it home and salvaged it within the span of a few hours. Of course she had. No. The other would have left him time to talk her into returning it before she got arrested.

"What did you steal this time?" He groaned. She was going to get the both of them arrested, if she didn't give him a heart attack first. She'd already given him a few nosebleeds, although that was for an entirely different reason.

"An... You're going to love this. An Animus." She crouched in front of the machine, running her hands over it lovingly.

"Mind." He said automatically. What? It was. It was the Latin word for mind.

"Yeah. Its supposed to be a cutting edge piece of tech for Abstergo. Skips a generation of gaming technology at least. This thing is going to make the PS4 look like the ZT Commodore. And I'm going to use it to make Baby even better." She pointed a finger at herself with that last statement, beaming with pride.

Shaun tossed his keys on the table and went straight for his bedroom, not even bothering to reply. It was a miracle that she hadn't been arrested already, and him with her. Well, he wanted to get some rest before SWAT stormed his apartment for the resident Kleptomaniac.

Little did he know he wasn't getting any rest tonight. And no, that's not a hidden innuendo -_-

~~~~

Giving one final turn in his blankets, Shaun finally felt himself drifting off to sleep. Only problem is, he didn't stop drifting there. It was as if he were Alice, and he were going deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. Or maybe he was Mary Poppins. But more than likely he was Alice. Definitely Alice.

He awoke in the same room as the others, his glasses slightly askew, and his personality as surly and cranky as ever. As he raised a hand to straighten his glasses, he spoke. "Who the bloody hell spiked the expresso?"

The last thing he remembered was running ops with Bishop and Rebecca, enjoying a nice cup of said expresso, when... No wait. He had been serving the expresso, and living with Rebecca. No, wait again. It was definitely the first one. There was no way he could spend that much time in the same room as her without a Hidden Blade to the gut.

He checked his gear, making sure his baton was still there, that there was a full clip in his gun, and that his Hidden Blade still flicked cleanly out of his sleeve. Okay. That was all there, so now for the hard questions. Where the hell was he? It appeared there was a little girl that was asking the same question. Well, he didn't know, but there was one way to check. He looked around at the room, checking to see what he could see in his second sight, all the while muttering to himself, saying things like: "Alright." "That makes sense." "What in the hell?" and,

It looked like if anybody wanted to talk to the arrogant and distracted Historian/Assassin they were going to have to approach him.

@All

Dark eyes trained on the little man. Raime towered over Shaun by a good seven or eight feet, so he truly had to look down to look at the man's face. "Do you have anything useful to say, little one, or are you going to babble like a witless cur?" His voice was quieter now as the Fume Knight began to grasp he was among people as confused as he was, but it still came off as a deep rumbling well over typical speaking volume. "If your answer is the latter, I suggest remaining silent. For my sake, and for your own."

Centuries of exile had long since embittered the Knight to others, save for Nadalia and their guards. He truly despised the human in its unnatural form. They, in their menace, brought nothing but death. They brought the Curse. A plague upon the land. Their fragile forms contained a danger within them greater than anything Raime could ever dream of facing.

So his eyes were filled with noting but disdain and hatred as he looked over the others.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Jeremi @Saint Guillotine @york@BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
[BCOLOR=transparent]//Parallel Convergence//[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Prologue: A Quiet Day[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In our world, there are a hundred million things that are still beyond human understanding. From the Big questions about time, space, our beginning and our end, to the smallest of conundrums like why ice is slippery or how bicycles actually stay upright. All these questions still need answering.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But that's just [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]our[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]String theory and quantum physics has advanced far enough that many scientists don't just believe there are other worlds, they [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]know[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] they exist, running parallel to our own. Hundreds of them. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Millions[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] of them. What sort of questions do those worlds have? Which ones have they already answered, and what powers and forces are they exposed to that we are not?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And what exactly would happen if something crashed those worlds into ours?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]October 14th, Wednesday, 2016[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Parrel, Massachusetts. Half a century ago, it was nothing more than a small town next to a big lake. A small tourist attraction like the hundreds of others that dotted rural New England in the US. Everyone knew everyone's name and everyone's business, and life was slow and peaceful, days of hard work and nights of family gatherings.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then the brothers were born.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thomas and John Nereci were always going to be meant for greater things. Their family was rich to start, and it was only their vacations that ever brought them to Parrel. But there was something about the land that called to them. So while they both left to realize their own greatness, it was to Parrel they returned once it had been achieved. Both had the mind of a scientist and the savvy of a business man, and through their combined efforts, Parrel has been changed forever. Gone is the small town, swallowed up by a small metropolis that has dug through the surrounding countryside, an oasis of civilization among the pine woods that surround it. One that has surged to the forefront of the academic and corporate worlds. This is the city that is at the forefront of the new burgeoning scientific age, the silicon valley of engineering and biology, the starting point of a new renaissance. All sorts have been drawn here, from those who dream to lead that charge into the future to those who have simply been swept up in the whirlwind of progress, for better or for worse.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Few knew how quickly and completely things would change in the coming months for this new city.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]None knew how terrible those changes would be.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And those who would be in any position to prevent it could be counted on your fingers. Too bad not even they knew who they were yet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] *[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Beep!* [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]B-[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A groan permeated the dorm room, as a hand crept out from under the covers of a bed on one side of the room to flail for the off button on the alarm. It stayed there for a few moments, its owner engaged in a battle of wills with herself to drag herself from the warm embrace of her little bed, and it was a few minutes longer till another groan sounded and the battle was won. Ruby Rose Xiao-Long slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes as she swung her feet around to rest on the floor. She stared in a sleepy haze at the calendar on her nightstand. What was today? Why was there a circle around today? Was today the day Yang got back? No, that was a few weeks ago… Wednesday… Wednesday she normally had… oh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She had her psychology midterm today! She yelped as the realization hit her like a freight truck and she half fell out of the bed in a tangle of covers before she suddenly shook her head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]'[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Calm down me. I actually studied this time. Maybe I didn't actually [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]understand [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]everything but I studied! And I even set my alarm early, so I've got plenty of...time'[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] She'd turned and looked at the clock during that internal pep talk, and the slowly building confidence that she'd been gathering shattered with a horrified gasp. Those 'few minutes longer' after Ruby had shut off the alarm?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Actually an hour and a half.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"OhnoOhnoOhnoOhnoOhno-" The messy half of the room that was Ruby's became just a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]little[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] bit messier in that half a minute she took to fly out of her pajamas and into her clothes became just a little bit messier in her rush, and she snatched her backpack off the desk and bolted out the door because holy crabapples she was late .-.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]---------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ruby didn't know yet of other worlds, but the similarities between her and another world's Ruby were still apparent. She might not of had a team, but she was still the top of her field of study, years ahead of most students, and chasing after the example of her mother's work in a bid to make the world a better place.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was also god awful at most subjects outside her area of expertise, which was why after her exam she was back in her dorm room, a pillow over her face as she slowly beat her head against the headboard. Why did she have to get up late? Why did she have to sleep through her alarm? Why didn't Professor Belleran let her make up the test later instead of trying to fit a two hour exam into one hour of work? Why did she think psychology would be a fun class? And how the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]heck[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] was she supposed to pass now???[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am so going to fail this class"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The world is shocked and amazed at this revelation."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ruby's sorrow soured into disgruntlement as the door quietly clicked shut, and she poked her head over the pillow to glower at the newcomer. "Nobody asked you Weiss."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee fortune, terror of the debate and fencing teams, and Rubys' roommate, gave a dainty shrug in response. Her incredibly pale skin, white hair, and ice cold eyes were as much a mark of her birth as her name, marred only by the thin, jagged line across one of those eyes. Ruby always wondered how she got it, but with Weiss being, well, Weiss..."Thankfully you receive my help regardless. I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]told[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] you that you should have set more than one alarm" she said as she walked over to her own desk and deposited her backpack there, rifling through it to find her homework. "Perhaps then you would have only [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]barely[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] failed instead of miserably."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I woke up fine!" Ruby said with a defensive frown as she sat up. She still had the pillow in her arms, and hugged it close as she added a bit quieter with a sullen frown. "I just… didn't get out of bed is all. there's a difference!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm sure your grade will reflect that perfectly." Weiss said primly as she focused on her own work. Ruby huffed and stared at her feet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...You could have woke me up. Its the only class we have together."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I could have." Weiss agreed with a calm nod. "But quite frankly? Your half of the room is still the mess it was at the start of the semester. You ignored my initial offer of study sessions. And I still think that you are [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]far[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to be young to be attending such a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]prestigious[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] academy, no matter what kind of… thermometer-matic-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thermodynamic" Ruby cut off with a small glower[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Whatever, engine you designed, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]if[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] you even designed it yourself. Consider this midterm your wakeup call. This school? The pressure, the prestige, the sheer effort one needs to put in to succeed?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The heiress scoffed[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're not ready for it."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The ensuing silence was heavy as Ruby stared at her roommate, Weiss ignoring her in favor of her papers as worked. The clock on the wall ticked quietly, the only sound for a few moments before Ruby finally quietly said[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...you're wrong."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When Weiss didn't respond, Ruby sighed and glanced over at the clock before she pushed herself off the bed. "...Well. I'm going to work. Won't be back until lateish so leave the door unlocked, ok?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mhm"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Right. Well… bye"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Mhm"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Bitch."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Child."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The door slammed close just a bit harder than it needed to.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ted's Coney Island and Bowling Alley, hereafter and forevermore to be referred to only as Ted's because no one has time to type that all out, had been around even before the Nereci's flipped Parrel on its head. The bowling alley was a new addition, and the eponymous Ted had long passed, but his descendents still ran the place, and it did surprisingly well for itself despite the far more mainstream restaurants and entertainments that had cropped up in the city's rise. Ruby bike skidded to a halt by the back entrance, chained up and locked before she jogged inside. The interior was cut into two halves, the restaurant and bowling alley each with their own sections, and Ruby quickly slipped through the kitchen for the bowling alley's employee area. She'd only ever been allowed to work one kitchen shift.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was really, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]really[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] glad it had only been a small fire.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One quick uniform change later and had made her way to the counter area. The restaurant was so typically coney island it almost hurt to look at, but the bowling alley was a retro and neon basked homage to the eighties, right down to the old-school arcade machines that lined one of the walls and the fact that everyone who got hired here seemed to have anything [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]but[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] normal colored hair. Up to and including… "Hey there Ciri. Sorry I'm late, I got my butt kicked by that last midterm"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cirilla Riannon was slouched over the counter, midway through a bubblegum pop and perusing through the latest issue of Time. Platinum blonde hair hid bright green eyes, and there was one to many buttons than was probably proper on her uniform's top. Ruby had worked with the girl for over a month now, but apart from the fact that she went to Vincent as well, everything else about her was a mystery. It seemed to be a running theme for people who knew her. Some say she came from old money and had run off. Others said her dad worked for the CIA or MI6, and that was why she never seemed to be strapped for cash despite working such a meager job. No one really knew.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Regardless of that, what she was for [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]sure[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] was one of the few friends Ruby had managed to make in this city, and her eyes lit up in recognition and relief at Ruby's greeting as the magazine snapped shut. "Little Red! About time you showed up. And well thats what you get for not listening to me when I told you not to take Jackass Belleran."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"seems like [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]everyone[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] has an 'I told you so' for me today" Ruby grumbled as she flopped across the counter herself with arms crossed and chin hidden behind them. "My mom is gonna [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]kill me[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] when she finds out" T-T[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aww" Ciri threw a one armed hug around Ruby "Relax. Everyone fails a couple classes on their journey to whatever degree, that just means your human."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Can I… get my shoes-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shoo for five minutes I'm counseling" Ciri snapped at the blonde kid at the counter, one nasty glare enough for him to take the hint that vanished immediately when she looked back to Ruby. "And heck, just because you bombed the midterm doesn't necessarily mean you fail the whole class. You just have to kick some serious ass for the second half, right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"She didn't fail any classes. And… I mean, if I had only failed because I was late sure, but like, I just don't get this stuff!" Ruby said in exasperation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey, no one said this was gonna be easy little red. Not everything is going to be gears, pulleys and whatever other techno wizardry you talk about and I nod at." Ciri said with a small smirk. "Seriously, you're [/BCOLOR]definitely[BCOLOR=transparent] going to fail with that kind of glum attitude. you know what you need?" she asked as she suddenly jerked the hug in closer and put her free hand forward. "...A girls night out!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...A what?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That actually put a small dent in Ciri's seemingly endless confidence as she glanced down with a slightly muddled frown. "...You know, going out on the town with your friends. Which I suppose don't specifically have to be girls but 'a night out' sounds far less exciting. C'mon, it'll be fun! You, me and whoever else you know here?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oooh. So like a guild raid in real life."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Yes. Exactly."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ruby slowly nodded but the frown didn't leave her own face. "...I dunno. That seems like… not my idea of fun." she finally said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's exactly why its a good idea." Ciri said with a mischevious grin. "Your playing it too safe here Ruby. You're away from home, you work enough to have [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]some[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] spending money, and this city's got [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]plenty[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to do for a cute single girl like yourself. You're [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]supposed[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to do something crazy or two when you go to college, and what better time than to make up for your first real failure of a student!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"... I still dunno…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ruby." Ciri said as she shifted the grip so she had both of Ruby's shoulders as she stared her dead in the eye. "Have I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ever[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] steered you wrong?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well there was the time-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Exactly! You're going, and thats final. I'll even pay! So, who do you want to invite?" Ciri said with a bright grin as she released her captive.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"O-oh, um, ok. And… well, you… Jaune and Pyrrha… not Weiss… Uhh…" she had a reaaally bad idea of how things would go of Ciri and Yang ever ended up in the same room together e_e "... and… well… I don't think my guildmates count so uhh…."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ciri gave a good natured sigh as she wrapped Ruby up in a hug. "Good heavens you're helpless. Never mind, it'll be just us two, and it was be awesome, ok?" She said as she pushed the hug back. "You won't bail on me?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I… I guess not-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"great!" Ciri said with a ruffle of Ruby's hair before she let go and started to leave. "How's after your shift tomorrow sound?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Sure? Do you really want to do this though, I-I don't want to cramp your style or anything. Do people still say that or is that just something from movie-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Yes Ruby I'm sure and no not really but its fine. Good luck on your shift!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And with that Hurricane Ciri was gone, and Ruby was left still trying to process what the hell had just happened before she rolled her eyes and huffed as she turned back to the counter, smiling despite herself. Ciri might have been way more personality that Ruby was ever able to handle, but she had been the one to help her get this job, and she seriously doubted she would have survived her first semester if it wasn't for the 3rd year student there to help her along. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all-[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Am I allowed to ask for my shoes now?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"oh! Sorry jaune. Uh, yea, here. You gonna lose to Pyrrha again?" she asked as she passed Jaune his shoes[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No! Maybe. Probably. But hey, I only threw [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]three[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] gutterballs last time" her fellow scraggly freshman said with a self deprecating grin. Ruby just snorted and waved him off, asking him to say hi to the redhead for her as she settled in for her shift. Strangely excited for what she was nonetheless sure was going to be a train wreck tomorrow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How little she knew how right she was.[/BCOLOR]
Chell - Prologue; Splintered Paths
Somewhere... In a Distant Canon World.
o1pWghO.jpg

Chell couldn't remember how long ago it had been when she had left the testing facility at last... She had eventually found some sort of pond, but, it looked like the waterline had receded considerably; as if something had drained a good fraction of it. There was multiple junk scraps, of varying of size, but, it looked like there had once been a small settlement here; an military outpost, or, perhaps an entire base? In any case, most of it's contents were useless now... The only things Chell had brought back from the testing facility itself were a rather scorched Companion Cube, her portal gun, and... Of course, long fall boots. By now, she had managed to erect a small shelter in this desolate settlement, feeding off the vegetation that she deemed was relatively edible; an old and yellowed, but, still intact survival guide she had found in the rubble certainly helped. Though she was living under a flimsy roof, supported by a few bits of rusted, bent metal, and heavy rocks pinning it down, she seemed at peace really... However, this didn't stop her memories from drifting back to GLaDOS, and the testing facility she had escaped; there was a strange longing to go back, even just temporarily, to conquer one of her testing courses again. There was a certain rush of andrenaline that she missed about testing... Even with the added risk of death, she couldn't help but long for at least a little more of it at some point, but, she knew it was for the best not to come back. So, instead, she ended up living out her life in a world she was still not very familiar with, the only think keeping her sane was the faint humming melody coming from the companion cube, and, a familiar tune from a radio she had found; it always played just one tune, but, it was better than nothing really.

Her mind started to wander again after a while, though, this time, her thoughts focused on the prospect of alternate realities; what if there was a different her out there? Who had chosen to stay in GLaDOS's facility, and live out her rest of her life as a test subject? Or... Perhaps, living in an entire different world really, what sort of person would she have been? Would she have chosen to be mute too? Who knows... But, these were questions that had begun to nag at her for a while, as she had plenty of time to think these past few days... As time passed on, and her thoughts became jumbled, she drifted off into a restless slumber once more, but, this time... She dreamed, she suddenly remembered living in an Apartment, even though she had no recollection of what that was, and being robbed of the ability to ever actually talk, even if she had wanted to... And, and... And what? It was difficult to recall more details, and a distinct pounding pain resonated throughout her head... Wait, was a feeling like that supposed to happen in a dream? It didn't take long for her to crack her eyes open, and inspect her surroundings; it was almost... Familiar to her, she was stuck in some sort of metal chamber, as she often used to be as a test subject... Only, without an intercom system, or well, half the things she was familiar with, this new atmosphere she was presented with unsettled her a little. However, it didn't stop her from looking around, trying to remember how she had gotten here, if she could... And at the same time, she was scrutinizing the faces of those she had found herself with, trying to remember if they had been fellow test subjects, or, someone... Anyone, that she had once known at some point.
@Thuro The Assassin Potato @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Others That May Want To Interact With a Confused Chell
Parrel, Massachusetts Present Day... Apartment 1203.
Chell was living on one of the highest floors in her Apartment complex, flicking through TV channels for recent news on the Aperture Incident; it had been at least a few months by now, and... Her life had gotten considerably better really; despite being a mute, she was able to Freerun whenever her small job called for it, and make some quick extra cash by offering some advice to, or even participating in non-life threatening experiments in various Science Facilities. It was still a great mystery as to how Caroline, her former captor had managed to develop such a strange ability within a seemingly normal human's body, but... Chell didn't seem to be in a hurry to figure it out right now, she just wanted to be sure she wouldn't have to go back to such a facility. A still warm cup of coffee sat idly on a table nearby, from which she took a sip of occasionally; the distinct sound of the coffee maker going off indicated that she had more coffee "in the works", she wasn't exactly dependant on the caffeine or anything, but, rather felt it relaxing to indulge in drinking coffee in times like this. As far as the news on the Aperture incident was concerned, it looked like Caroline had been attempting to flee the Aperture Science facility itself, but... Her plane had been shot down by what was deemed a "terrorist" attack, but, that was a little too convenient to happen right as the facilitied Caroline was once in charge of was being dismantled. At last, the dreaded Caroline was standing trail for the crimes she had been committing for years upon years, but, on an interesting note, it appears that, while Apertures assets were being liquidated, probably to put to some better use, the Red Knight Defense Contractors appeared to be the highest bidders... Perhaps they were going to use the assets acquired in some sort of experiment? Or ptototype? Who knows, but, Chell sincerely hoped this wouldn't result in the repeat of the Aperture incident once more... It was uncertain how much time exactly had passed by, but, Chell dozed off soon enough, snoozing away as the TV continued to broadcast it's selected channel for who knows how long...​

Last edited:
Ruby gave a small sigh of relief as the others started to stir. That quickly died in her throat as some... person(???) who made Yatsuhashi look like a freaking midget apparently decided that Ruby was obviously the most informed and prepared for this situation. Must have been that natural awesome-team-leader aura she gave off. Unfortunately, it was 0% applicable here, and her eyes widened slightly in something akin to fear before her inner huntress did its best to stomp that out. So what if he was big? She'd singlehandedly killed a Nevermore, and that thing was three times this guys size!

...Ok well she singlehandedly came up with the idea to kill a nevermore it just took four people to execute, but still.

She crossed her arms with a small, defiant frown as she glared right back up at Raime. "Why don't you calm down first please" oh god her voice cracked so hard there she couldn't do this intimidation thing T~T

"Agreed with the misses in red and blue." Coughed a voice in the back as Cirilla finally managed to push herself up to her feet. Snow white hair framed a pale face with ashen grey eyes that scanned the room with surprising calm, the young woman appearing, if not completely unsurprised, far less concerned with the change in location than she had any right to be as she finally set her footing and blinked a few times to refocus before smiling brightly at the rest. "We should probably save the angry 'tell me whats going on before I crush you' routines until we at least have a slight idea of whats going on."

"...Yea! What she said" Ruby said with a fervent nod and just kind of sidling her way around Raime towards Ciri. "...How do we do that?"

"Not the slightest clue." Ciri said with a small shrug before she set her hands in front of her "But there is at least one thing I can check...." her hands suddenly glowed with a pale white energy that spilled from her eyes as well, before it flickered out of existence "Right. I, at least, am not in my home dimension."

"...wait what" Ruby squeaked, now suddenly feeling far less safe next to Ciri as took a step backwards. "What... what does that... what?"

"I'm sure that your little gearhead mind would love for me to get into dimensional physics Ruby-" Ciri cut off with her first actually concerned looking frown, staring the young huntress up and down for a moment. "...who I could have swore I hadn't met until now but... regardless, I don't think we'd have the time and there's not really much of it I understand myself. Your confusion leaves me fairly sure it wasn't you who did this sooooo..." Ciri turned towards the rest of the group leaving Ruby to grapple with her own blank confusion as the Lady of Worlds smiled again. "... assuming that none of you are from here either, do any of you want to own up with screwing off with some strange world hopping powers, or should we attribute this to the giant purple.... thing in the middle of the room?

To those observing the room, unless they were particularly skilled scientists or engineers and wanted to study the purple doom laser tower themselves, there wasn't anything else of particular interest in the vast room besides said purple doom laser tower, the menagerie of people from different worlds that were themselves, and maybe the control room windows if you had a way of getting fifteen feet up the sheer steel walls that led up to them. And, well, the doors if they wanted to just head off by themselves
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Jeremi @Saint Guillotine @york@BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Edit:color derp fix =w=

Last edited:
Off by the side, satisfied that everyone was just fine, Lucifer would be standing with crossed arms and closed eyes in deep thought. Now that things settled somewhat, he took the time to examine his memories and isolate his true self, as it were.

He was Father Lucifer Anghelscu of the Burial Agency, Executor of the Church and an ally to those who stood against consuming, naked evil in all its forms.

And at the same time, he was not. He was officer Lucifer Tepes of the PPD, seeking a detective comission. He spent his days on the beat, training with friends like Azula and ensures people like Nux had a chance for change.

....To serve and protect. The words resonated deep in his core as he smiled as he reached an understanding.

Ah.... He opened his eyes and checked himself for equipment, if any were left to him by their mysterious captors.

If not, he crouched briefly and tapping into his black bloodline, leaped the distance up to the control window, sticking to its surface as he peered curiously within.

He called out below.

"Is there anyone with a gift for tech in general among our group?"

• Useful
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
mqdefault.jpg

Having been accosted by a bounty hunter who was three times as big as Raime, Vash wasn't at all deterred as he towered over Shaun. Skipping his way over, Vash sought to nudge him and smile up at him.

"Aw, hey now big guy! Why not listen to what the girl in red's got to say? We're all stuck here with little to no idea about the circumstances of how we arrived here! So with that in mind how about we all just chill out and not loom over people which I imagine might be quite difficult given your proportionate height compared to the rest of us! But I'd at least beg that you give peace a chance!" Vash smirked before shooting a peace sign Shaun's way. He was briefly reminded that him and Shaun used to be co-workers? Something about that just didn't seem right to him one bit. Vash wasn't the biggest fan of work and over his long life, Vash was confident he'd never met anyone with an accent like this guy's before!

But then Ciri spoke up and her eyes started glowing and Vash's hands quickly flew upwards in fear. "S-Scary! Ahem, actually what I meant to say was that I agree full-heartedly with what you have to say, lady of my dreams who can control some freaky white energy! I don't know how much weight the support of Vash the Stampede has but rest assured you have all of it!" He'd say before he'd quickly make his way over to Ciri's side as his facial expression seemed to shift.

vash.JPG

"Of course, being the ever lovable rogue that I am, it'd simply be uncouth of me to not do all that I can for someone as beautiful as you are. As for messing around with things that one shouldn't mess around with? I am at least 99% sure it wasn't me. Don't quote me on that though."

But then the purple thing in the center of the room was pointed out and Vash stroked his chin in thought. He was only really familiar with old world technology which was still leagues more advanced than what the average human might consider 'old.' But this didn't seem like anything he was used to seeing. Certainly didn't look like it was powered by a Plant at any rate. Still, if this was something done by Knive's minions and these others were just roped along to get tortured while Vash watched, he wasn't going to stand for that. "I like to think that I'm pretty smart when it comes to that kinda stuff. But this stuff seems pretty foreign to me.."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @El Tigre! @Jeremi @Saint Guillotine @york@BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.