Parallel Convergence: Character Apps and OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Doctor Smartass - Oh, you know another possible idea is that your character could go undercover and join my character's gang hoping to arrest some people if you think that's something he might do. If not, it's cool. Just another suggestion.

Also, when all of you guys are done with your flipside backgrounds, if any of you wanna form connections and think you have characters interested in joining my character's gang let me know. :)

While I'm thinking about it, just a small connection but Ruby could get her college student coffee fuel from Vash's starbucks @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Useful
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Chosen_undead.png

If you fall down seven times, stand up eight. That's the cry of the undead.

~Name~
"The Chosen Undead" /// Torin

~Age~

~Canon~
Dark Souls Trilogy

~Gender~
???

~Canon Background~
Long ago, four Lords rose against the dragons that ruled a world of nothingness with the embers of the First Flame. Yet when the time came, only three fought the dragons onto the fields, eradicating them once and for all. One of them was Lord Gwyn, God of Fire, and thus he began his Age of Fire. Yet, unexpectedly, the fourth Lord revealed his presence through the countering of fire with darkness. From the darkness, humanity emerged, beings of the dark that craved the light. As with all flames, the fires are fading, and Gwyn's Age of Fire is dying. Soon, the Abyss will rise, gods will abandon their shrines, and humanity will be left to squabble underneath the very dark they were born in only to be ravaged by it.

The Age of Fire is dying.

The world is on the brink of literal and metaphorical darkness. Gods that once destroyed the dragons now flee from the impending abyss, unable to contain the flow of the darkness that corrupts the lands. In the midst of it all, humanity has been plagued underneath this curse of the undead., the first sign of the Age of Dark. Once branded, an undead must seek humanity and venture at all cost, lest their mind and bodies grow hollow and sanity lives them once more. This is the price of immortality, and humanity, as such, was not ready for said price. Countless adventurers have flocked to Lordran, the once lush capital of the Lord Gwyn''s empire of fire and cinder, a beacon of hope for all.

Once branded, there is no turning back. Titles, lands, family, love, power; it matters naught. There is only one chance left, to be corralled north and cling to whatever humanity remains.

Now, it is hollowed and destroyed. Now, hundreds upon hundreds of undeads seek their glory inside the ruins of Lordran, to fulfill a prophecy. Many have fallen, all but one...the Chosen Undead. He carries no name, no banner, and is it hard to say he is even a he from the beginning. What is known is this, the Chosen undead has one purpose, and one purpose alone.

To find answers, to fulfill the enigma's destiny.

~Abilities~
Curse of the Undead
All undead are branded with the Darksign, a ritualistic circle etched onto their backs. Once branded, an undead will have a twisted sense of immortality, able to die over and over only to be ressurected. However, with each death, an undead hollows with each incarnation, their sanity and well-being of their physical flesh rotting away. Eventually, if an undead does not seek fragments of humanity, they will eventually turn Hollow. Once Hollow, an undead will suffer a fate worse than death, trapped inside a prison of insanity and eternal existence, not life, forever.

The Souls of the Fallen
All undead have access to gather souls that further their combat expertise and efficiency. In short, with enough souls and enough time, an undead can be proficient with nearly any weapon, even those not designed for humans to begin with. This aspect also applies to physical traits, as undead have been reported to exhibit almost superhuman feats of endurance and willpower. However, do not be mistaken, they are still human physically speaking, and the human form is still fragile.

The Fading Embers.
Every undead is different, and this Chosen Undead is no exception. Whilst the knight seems to prefer standard sword and shield, the soldier has access to a variety of basic pryomancy spells. Most of these include simple, small fireballs or the snapping of fingers to create a flame. One of the Chosen Undead's strongest spells, however, is "Warmth", which creates a hovering ball of light that ushers into restoration properties to those within it's aura.

~Equipment~
Elite Knight Armor
-See Picture-

Standard Broadsword
-See Picture-

Dragon-Crest Shield
-See Picture-

Estus Flask
A special flask containing an orange glow that only appeals to the taste of the Undead. This precious drink restores an Undead's health drastically and is vital for venturing into dangerous territories.

x5 Humanity Sprites
-Tiny black sprites that almost look like rifts, these are fragments of actual humanity. Strange are there properties, but to an Undead, they are vital for existence outside of unorthodox methods of avoiding hollowing.

~Flipside Background~
To be updated in the future, but until then, I will leave you with this.

An Undead has no name, not in one reality, not in all realities. Once, the knight had a name.

But that name is long gone.

Yes Krieg

Absolutely fuck yes

~~~

Name: Raime the Traitor, Raime the Raven Knight, Rebel Raime

Age: Unknown. Possibly ageless due to his Special Soul. I'd say looks to be in his forties.

Canon: Dark Souls 2.

Picture (optional):

Canon background (wiki link if you're lazy):

Raime, a warrior of unknown origin, was one of King Vendrick's most loyal and powerful knights. Taking on the crest of the Raven, despite its fabled bad omen, Raime was unmatched by the field and eventually became the king's left hand alongside Velstadt. The two stuck with their king, and with each other, through thick and thin, both of the knights treating each other as brothers and Vendrick as something of a father.

A barrier arose, however, when Nashandra arrived. A child of Dark, yet a woman of unmatched beauty, she quickly manipulated herself into the position of Queen. Whispering in her King's ear, she convinced him to invade the Land of the Giants and take something important from them. Raime had doubts, but Velstadt and Vendrick would not be swayed.

This came around when the Giants invaded Drangleic, revenge in their hearts. Raime and Velstadt both had a choice; loyalty to their King, or loyalty to their Kingdom. Velstadt chose the former, and Raime the latter. When Raime sought to destroy Nashandra to save his king, Velstadt confronted him and the two clashed. The battle was close, but Raime was bested by his brother-in-arms, and his King declared him a traitor. The Fume Knight was banished, going from place to place, seeing other children of Dark do the same to their own kings.

He wandered without purpose for a long time... enough time for the memories to blur together. That is, until he found Brume Tower... and Nadalia.

A child of Dark herself, Raime initially sought to destroy her. He was quickly beset by guilt, however, realizing this child may be benevolent like the one he encountered at Eleum Loyce. Instead helping her, Nadalia proceeded to heal the Fume Knight, strengthen him, and give him new purpose. Nadalia didn't want power like Nashandra; she wanted to be left alone. Nadalia received protection, and Raime a mother.

Abilities:

Swordsmanship: Raime is extremely skilled in the use of both his massive straight sword and even larger greatsword.

Strength: Raime uses his huge straight sword with one hand like it's a toy. He wields the greatsword similarly, but with a bit more difficulty. However, wielding the greatsword with two hands makes it just as easy to wield as his other sword with one. Combining all this with his sheer striking power (you aren't blocking that), I'd say he's got a ton or so of lifting/striking power.

Imbuing: Raime is capable of enhancing himself and his weapons with both Dark and Fire simultaneously, further augmenting his power. This same power gives him some degree of a strange mix of pyromancies and hexes.

Speed: Raime is fast, all things considered. Despite wearing heavy armor and wielding two huge weapons, he can run/jump across a twenty or thirty foot gap in a couple seconds.

Special Soul: Raime had ascended beyond mortality and the Curse, being beyond aging and undeath. This is why he is so large and has a massive amount of health.

Equipment:

hqdefault.jpg

Fume Sword

hqdefault.jpg

Fume Knight Ultra Greatsword

Fume Knight Armor (see first picture)

Flipside Background:

Bran Raime was born into an upper middle class family. His young life was extremely average, with his sometimes gung ho attitude getting him into trouble. Fights were not an uncommon occurrence around him. In fact, they became less uncommon as time went on. Unmatched in school wrestling, boxing, and every other sport he partook in, Berel graduated high school and went no further, instead becoming a small-time MMA fighter taking fights where he can, and not always legal ones.

~~~

P.S.: I'm very much open to character links, so don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'll need help with the flip side story. ;; Do any of you have ideas?

I don't know what to recommend as I don't know what you envision your Flipside character being like, but you could have her be somehow linked to Raime as some sort of starting point if you want.

Well, my CS will hopefully be up tonight. Messaging york about a way to fit it into his, if he wants.

Hobo Soldier here, I'll try to figure out a few good ideas for you.

I'll be gaming and doing school-work in the meantime but I'll come up with a few ideas! Hopefully.

Stay tuuuuuuuuuned.

Edit: Well I've barraged you a-plenty with some good ideas. As well as C.T.!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits

• tumblr_me6dh8LizS1qmuzfco1_500.png

This stuff, Desmond, oh this stuff is nothing special, really, this stuff is just the stuff that keeps our entire operation from falling apart, really.

• ~​Name~​

Shaun Gilbert Hastings

~​Age~​

36 (Very, very off guess)

~​Canon~​

Assassin's Creed

~​Canon background~​

Shaun was something of a conspiracy theorist growing up. He was always poking his nose into where it didn't belong. Looking into the shady corners of corporations, digging it things that were meant to stay hidden. That sort of thing. Eventually he became obsessed with Abstergo Industries, managing to gather a fair amount of dirt on them. He spread it around to all of the news agencies, trying to get someone to publish it. Bloody bad move. They all ignored him, being in the back pocket of the people behind Abstergo and all. Abstergo found him and kidnapped him, planning to take him to a remote facility to dispose of him, clean and quietly. He would have died that day, if it hadn't been for one Rebecca Crane. The Assassin hacked into the van that was transporting him, and Hastings made his escape in the ensuing affair.

He joined the Assassins, it being an obvious choice to Brit. Join a group of people that could fight the bastards, or be hunted down all by his lonesome. He acted as their coordinator and historian for many, many years, eventually, meeting the son of Assassin's leader, a man named Desmond Miles. He helped train him via the animus, and accompanied him on a quest to find a Piece of Eden, finally parting ways with him when Desmond gave up his life to save the planet. After Desmond's death, most of the remaining Assassins that had survived the purge scattered. William, Miles's father, gave up his role as Mentor (leader) of the Order, handing over that role to Gavin Banks so he could grieve in peace.

With Desmond gone, and most mobile Assassin teams destroyed in the Great Purge, they needed someone to fill in. Instead of bringing in more potential moles into the Order, they turned to one of their own. Shaun Hastings. After the Purge, he ended up very high in the administration of the Assassins, and they decided to train him properly, granting him his wish to go into the Animus. They gave him the memories and skills of a french musketeer carefully over the course of months, being careful to avoid the bleeding effect. At the end of it, Shaun was one of their deadliest, and most unlikely field operatives.

Who woulda thought

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~Abilities~
    Assassin Training - Shaun has the standard skills and abilities of an Assassin. Parkour, combat training, an ability to easily hide in crowds. The works.
    Eagle Vision - His first special ability is in the form of Eagle Vision. He can look at people in a second sight, and determine their intentions and alliances in relation to him. This ability also marks things he is looking for in gold. He can use this strange skill to also tag enemies and track them through walls.
    Focus - A split off from Eagle Vision first appearing for Aiden Pearce, an affiliate of the Assassins possibly descended from La Volpe, it allows him to slow time to a near standstill, absorbing details in the environment and speeding his reaction time by an inhuman degree. However this ability is draining, and he needs time to be able to mentally gather himself enough to use it again.

~Equipment~

- A singular Hidden Blade on his left forearm, easily concealed beneath the sleeves of his sweater. It is an actual Hidden Blade without any of the special spinning, poison, or gun variants.
    - A collapsible baton that easily tucks into his pants pocket, this is usually used in conjunction with his Hidden Blade for quick, efficient and often deadly takedowns.
    - A silenced firearm for dem 120 headshot noscope clan kills!1

Two things:

I completely forgot about this like a total twat; I still need to find someone to make a connection with for Barnable. Anyone have suggestions? I got an offer from Zachariah but I wanna see if anyone else has an ideaaaaaaaaaaa.

Why the heck did my CS get a "You need a hug." ? :(

Two things:

I completely forgot about this like a total twat; I still need to find someone to make a connection with for Barnable. Anyone have suggestions? I got an offer from Zachariah but I wanna see if anyone else has an ideaaaaaaaaaaa.

Uhh... Maybe he's seen Raime fight someone before? Or even fought him at one point?

I dunno.

Two things:

That was me. I felt extremely sorry for your character.

Uh, maybe Shaun could give him food sometimes? Stuff that he nicked from work? Like his CS says, he's not happy with not being able to do more.

Alright, we are close to the start! @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg and @CCC Kouhai, try to get your flipside backgrounds done by today! If you need help don't hesitate to ask, though I'll be at work from 5-10 my time. Everyone else, I'm currently working on the post for the RP's prologue and an example intro post for Ruby. This first section of the RP will just be one day in game time of your character's flipside living a normal day for them in Parrel to introduce them to the other players and let you play out and get a feel for their personalities and whatever differences might exist between them and their canon selves in that sense. One or two of you will be getting a PM from me about small tidbits of info important to the plot they'd be at least somewhat aware of. Any questions regarding any of this, just shoot me a message or just a post here

Got smacked with a power outage due to last night's storm. Almost done with my post but its on my computer so it'll be up the moment I have power again

Last edited:
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

I'M GONNA WRITE THIS BACKSTORY AND I AIN'T LEAVING THIS THREAD UNTIL I DO SO

STEP BACK EVVYBODY I GOT THIS

The thread is up!

This first section is just a small prologue to introduce us to the flipside versions of your characters as I mentioned before. You can solo post it or play out scenes with other players, or a combination of the two. This part should hopefully only last till Sunday or Monday, at which point we'll start the other half of the RP. Feel free to PM me any questions, but other than that good luck and have fun!

EDIT: As an aside, as you can see I added a bunch of minor NPCs in my post. They won't be around for the non-flipside stuff, but if you want to add some for your own characters feel free

@Atomyk @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Doctor Smartass @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg @BarrenThin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @El Tigre! @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york

By the way, guys, just letting you know that many of you are using colors on your fonts within the IC thread that are hard to view on light backgrounds. I had to switch from my gray mist background to a dark one just so I could see anything. XD lol. Not a huge deal for me because I often switch styles back and forth, but just thought I'd mention that for all of you to keep in mind for others.

Also, I'm going to try and get my first reply written today. :)

Kimmy, if it helps, I just highlight those colors with Control + A real quick when reading dark fonts.

ALSO I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE. REAL LIFE STUFF CAME BACK AND I'M BACK AAAAAAAAAAAA

• Thank You
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
That'd work, Thuro. ^_^

And blah, I actually didn't get around to posting today. I had unexpected company over and some other things that popped up--which totally took my mind away from iwaku. I'll try to get my intro post up tomorrow. ^^

IGNORE ME

Just testing to see how that color looks on all backgrounds, haha. I lost that one helpful thread that listed how they all look in the different styles 'cause I'm a goof. :|

Edit: It's hideous! Goddamn grey mist style! ╥﹏╥

EDIT 2: abababababababababa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.