Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
byron.regular.png

amelie.jpg

Located in historic New Orleans is Paragon, a fine dining restaurant known for it's exquisite courtyard and delectable gourmet dishes. Founded in 2008, the eatery has quickly earned a place among the top 5 restaurants in New Orleans, a feat that can only have been accomplished with the efforts of the excellent staff.

Paragon had it's start as a townhome built in 1836 where Amelie Miltonberger, the first American princess of Monaco was born and raised. It was she who designed the enchanting courtyard where much of the dining now takes place. The home was then bought and converted into the lavish bistro it is today.

Paragon not only offers a unique dining experience, but also offers their lovely courtyard for weddings and other large events.

redoubtable-21-restaurant-kitchen-design-ideas.jpg

This is the story of the wonderful staff of Paragon.

They are students, musicians, struggling entrepreneurs, here only as a rest stop on their journey to greatness. There are mothers and many others struggling to pay their bills, here for what seems like forever. And while each of them are different in size, personality, and age, Paragon is the one place they are all brought together no matter what they have going on in their life. Every night, drama is promised, as well as tears, and stress. All it takes is for one broken glass, one rude customer, or one argument with the boss to send everything downhill. Like a domino, one person's fall affects the rest.

Will the staff be able to stand the busy weekends and teasing of the senior employees? With different personalities under one roof, can they all remain professional while on the clock? What happens when the aprons are off and restaurant is closed?​

Character List:
Executive Chef-Taken by Mr. Calcium
Sous Chef- Taken by Kuu
Line Cook- Taken by neptune
Line Cook-Taken by Aravhorn
Bartender-Taken by ~Dark Disney~
Bartender-Taken by CaptainObvious
Waiter/Waitress-Taken by Winnie
Waiter/Waitress- Taken by neptune
Waiter/Waitress- Taken by Arayvian
Regular Customer-Taken by esoteric
Regular Customer-Taken by The Perfect Cadence

(More can be added or some can be taken away depending on the amount of people that signup except for the Executive Chef and the Sous Chef. I also don't mind doubling up as long as you, the player, feel confident that you can keep up. No one under the age of 18 works at Paragon)

Character Bio:
General:
Name:
Nickname:
Sexuality:
Role:

Appearance: (please use real pictures)

Face Claim:
Height:
Scars/Tattoos/Piercings:
Brief Description:

Personality:
( I would prefer at least a paragraph of personality)

History:
(At least two paragraphs. Please include how the character came to be employed at Paragon)

Extra:
(Anything extra you'd like to include. I.E. Theme Music, Quirks, Things you feel is pertinent to know, Etc..)

Rules:
1: Iwaku rules apply (I.E. No godmodding, metagaming)
2: I would like for your characters to be finished by at least next week. That being said, I understand life can get in the way so if you need more time, please PM me.
3:I don't expect you to write a novel. I do expect some coherency and substance. I'd say a 2 paragraph minimum for posting but I can be flexible depending on the content.
4:It is okay to swear, but any additional explicit content such as sex will not be allowed. If you want to play it out, move it to PM please.
5: Please try to stay active as well. If you are unable to post in a timely manner, PM me or post in the OOC to let me and others know.​

Last edited:
Reactions: neptune
  • Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
I'll take a waitress please :3

Waitress, please c: and a line cook if we can have more than one character.

I'll app. for a regular customer.

Will a university professor who is also an amateur food critic be of any use?

Is this still open? I'm interested.

Aw damn. All the slots I would have applied for are taken. D;

Aw damn. All the slots I would have applied for are taken. D;
Was it the line cook? I can give that up since everyone has just one character c:

Was it the line cook? I can give that up since everyone has just one character c:

Ahh, no, I was more so looking at a customer or waiter/waitress. XD
No biggie though. I'll lurk and hang out.

Character Bio:
General:

Name: Sophie Byrne
Nickname: None
Gender (or gender identified as): Female
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Sous Chef

Appearance:
original.gif

Face Claim: Lily Collins
Height: 5'5"
Scars/Tattoos/Piercings: The One Ring tattoo on her left wrist | The Fellowship of the Rings tattoo around her right forearm. | Myriad of burn scars from her profession. | Standard ear piercings
Brief Description: Sophie has a very petite figure, standing at only 5'5" and weighing a paltry 110 pounds. Her appearance is in no way imposing and if you didn't know her, you wouldn't guess her to be a chef. She keeps herself in decent physical shape, but she is by no means muscular.

She appears to have a very kind face and she always seems to have a perpetual grin on her bow shaped lips. Besides her smaller stature, the first thing that might draw one's attention is her thicker eyebrows set above bright hazel eyes.Sophie has always kept her hair rather short and tidy, much to the annoyance of her mother.

Her work uniform is always in accordance with code but outside of work, she sports the latest fashions, bought with her hard earned money of course.

Personality:
Sophie is an intelligent young woman whose goal in life is be the best chef in the city and someone her parents can take pride in.
The chef lacks a lot of basic social skills but she makes up for her shortcomings in the kitchen. She has an eye for detail and is often very thorough with her work. She keeps an orderly kitchen and what little help she has back there knows not to cross her when it comes to cooking. She finds it slightly amusing when a panicked waiter or waitress comes back with the wrong dish. She has learned that humor often relieves the stress of a hard day at work.

Sophie has a tendency to be prideful due to the fact that she did not have any formal training as a chef. She takes insult when the quality of her food is called into question. She can often be materialistic and possessive and has an eye for the finer things in life such as jewelry and the latest fashions. Sophie is also exceedingly polite to strangers, even those whose views do not align with her own.

History:
Sophie was born and raised in New Orleans along with her twin Sebastian. Her father Henry was a chef of great renown in the area and was an executive chef with Arnaud's on Bienville Street for 35 years before his recent retirement. Since she was a girl Sophie has looked up to her father and has always wanted to follow in his footsteps as a chef. While Henry loved Sophie, he wanted Sebastian to take over his legacy and so he devoted his time and energy teaching Sebastian the ways of the kitchen, leaving Sophie to watch and learn from afar.

After graduating high school Sebastian went on to study at Le Cordon Bleu in New York, using all of the saved college tuition for both of them in the process. Sophie, still determined to become a chef, started working from the bottom, taking a job as a dishwasher in the cheaper chain restaurants. After a few years, she had worked her way up to a line cook at Faubourg Bistro. Seeking to further herself and be even better than her brother, who recently took over their father's executive chef post at Arnaud's, she became the sous chef for Paragon almost five years ago.

Extra:
  • Sophie is left-handed, whereas her brother is right-handed.
  • Sophie is a huge fan of Tolkien and has read every book he's has ever written.
  • Even though she and her brother are competitive, they are still extremely close.
  • Sophie has a cat named Fili and her brother has its sibling Kili.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuanYue
Heya! I'm pretty interested in this rp, wondering if I could perhaps join as either the Exec Chef or a Line Chef?

PM-ing you a CS to check out :)!!!

Absolutely! I can put you down for whichever is your preference :D

And I'll be happy to look at your CS Captain