Paradisio Mortem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combat stimulants in Owen's system not only made his pupils dilate to freakish propositions they also but they also made him impulsive. Bruce was abviously playing dumb and trying to be funny about it and it earned him crack to the side of the head sending him into the table.

"I said no games." Owen growled "The girl and the brute following her. Tell me where they are so I can cut them up and I won't cut you up." His voice was a mockery of the slow patient voice people used with children. He stood over Bruce gun in one hand and knife in the other a grin plastered over his face, high from the painkillers and other drugs he had injected into himself he grabbed Bruce and placing a knee on the man's chest pinned him to the ground.

"Do you know what the dark police do to cutter who don't. Make. the. Cut?" he said turning the knife over in his hands. "Well how about a little demonstration?"

angelsweet.jpg

The cameras moved off Angel Sweet as she stood and made her way toward her dressing room. People went about their usual business as she gave her two cents were needed. An assistant came by and began to brief her on her schedule for the rest of the day. She simply nodded her head and went along still making her way to the dressing room. Once outside her dressing room she turned with the usual smile excusing herself before slipping behind the door marked with her name. Closing it and locking it, she found herself finally in solace. She stared into the mirror as she began to take off her make-up. Beneath the make-up were thin scars from the surgeries done to her over the years. Angel Sweet, Neocore's spokes model/person. Legato's slave, but wasn't everyone these days?

~4 years ago~

[dash=purple]The rain beat down as a young 18 year old female wandered the streets in little more than rags, her form covered for the most part save her eyes. They peered forward without nothing but sorrow reflecting in them. Her time was near. Even she was not immune to the sickness, but she had lasted longer than the others. She had survived and endured great hardships...As a gentle wind blew, the shawl around her head slipped off and rippled away. She reached for it, but it slipped past her fingers. Her hair matted to her head from the rain and the dim light reflected a scared and scarred individual. It seemed she'd been burned, but beneath the scars of the burn was what was once a beautiful young girl in the prime of her youth. She turned and fled before any eyes saw her. Alone. Afraid. Her family and friends had been taken by the evil plague and soon she would join them. A year ago she'd had a terrible accident which left the scars upon her body, and now she too had fallen ill with the disease. She lived, but what was the point anymore. As thunder and lightning struck an individual walked into her path. Under the flickering streetlamp he looked like an angel to her. He said nothing at first but extended his hand to her. He seemed to know, to understand. She was hesitant, but something told her to take his hand, and she did.

"I can give you everything you want in the world and more. I can help fix you. But there is a price--"

Her hand paused inches from grasping his as she looked up into the man's face. Her expression was empty as she finally let her hand grasp him. She knew the price, "I'm yours" she said softly to her dark angel. Her dark savior. In that instant she had signed her life over (quite literally) to Legato Giovanni. He would take this broken girl under his wing and raise her as his own. Take care of her. Fix her up. The price was her freedom forfeit to him. She would be his to do with as he pleased. So she signed her life over, in blood. The contract made, she was bound to him to do his bidding. Legato fixed her up good as new, and her beauty and story soon became known world wide. She was a prime example of Legato's compassion to the people. Legato's miracles at work. And for the higher end male clientel who needed just a little more 'persuasion' to join Legato's side she was sent in to negotiate. For a short stent one might speculate she was too Legato's lover, but that may be speculation only. All people knew now was that Angel Sweet went from the streets to fame. Angel Sweet was the commercial face of Neocore, secondary to Legato himself of course.
[/dash]

Tears momentarily fell from her eyes as she finally broke for a short moment letting the burden upon her shoulders be relieved. As her mascara ran down her cheeks. She wanted nothing more than to shatter the mirror before her. From the shadows a pair of hands came to rest upon her shoulders. She didn't start, but a chill went down her spine. She knew who it was, but her question was how long had they been there. Waiting? She stared forward into the mirror as the strong hands firmly massaged the tops of her shoulders. A hand lifted and a tissue was offered.

"Tears won't do" The voice held an edge to it. He was angry about something. That meant one thing, someone had failed to fulfill something for him. Her tears instantly dried as she dabbed at her make-up and began to clean herself up a bit.

"What do you want, Legato. I already know my schedule" she was being bold, but she didn't care. She had a right to be. 4 years now it had been. Four years that she'd done his bidding. His lips curled into a vicious grin, almost fox-like.

"My little Angel is distressed" He turned her around sharply to face him as he leaned down to her level and cupped her face with his hands "The world is a mess. You are one of the few who never. lets. me. down. am I correct?" she didn't respond so he continued "Incompetent fools!" his hands moved as he let go of her face and one hand moved to her neck starting to squeeze "I will not have this! They will know my true power and will respect it. What can a man do without respect from his subordinates right?" That grin, it seemed to spread. All the while Angel fought for her breath, feeling her life slowly slipping once more as he strangled her while he went on his rant. Of course, take it out on her, the physical representation of Neocore. She was just flesh and bone after all. Finally Legato let go as he hurled her across the room. She staggered and coughed as she gasped for air looking toward him and rubbing her neck where his hand had been. She would be bruised in the morning, but she was used to this treatment from him when he lost his temper, "What do you want me to do about this?"

"A new campaign will need to be launched soon. I'll prepare you for it. Now come with me, we have business to attend" She knew what that meant. Obediently she stood and followed after Legato as they stole away and he made rough love to her, after which he gave her the details of the new campaign and simply left. Business. Thus was the life of Angel Sweet, spokes person of Neocore and Legato's personal slave.

Rika wanted to call out as she heard Owen, but Vance kept her at bay. His hand was held over her mouth to keep her quiet. Now was not the time to be heroic. They needed to analyze the situation and then act. Carelessness would only be their demise. The Cutter was likely to simply repo them on the spot and kill Bruce anyways. Vance listened carefully to the conversation, fully aware of the situation they were in. Rika managed to wriggle herself free as she hit Vance in the arm a moment giving him a look. He only brought his finger to his lips and pointed toward where the voices were. Rika settled and finally leaned forward a bit listening.
"Do you know what the dark police do to cutter who don't. Make. the. Cut? Well how about a little demonstration?"

"Hey Man, relax. You need to just till. You're way to uptight"

“Where. Are. They?!”

The tone in Owen’s voice was almost feral, and Rika doubted Bruce’s life was going to be spared. Rika turned toward Vance as her frown deepened and she moved to step forward again. Bruce might not be the smartest man she knew, but he hadn’t really don’t anything wrong, and he’d helped out Rika and Vance on more than one occasion (without realizing it of course). He was the closest thing to a friend anyone could have these days. She didn’t want him to die on their behalf. She was about to reveal herself when Vance put his hand on her arm, “Stay here.” He said softly. Rika’s eyes widened, “Vance no you—“he stopped her by giving her a kiss. Pulling back he looked down at her, “Do not interfere.” He said firmly. Reaching into the bag he grabbed a few things before slipping from the closet, which was situated down the hall in the back, out of view of the front doorway.

He appeared suddenly as Owen was ready to plunge the knife into Bruce’s chest and rip out the man’s heart. Bruce, of course, was just laying there with a happy go lucky grin on his bastard face. “Let him go” Vance said and didn’t hesitate to fire the gun at Owen. Moments after that he simply charged forward to tackle Owen, hopefully Bruce would have enough sense to get the hell out of the way.

It was with a feral grown that Owen greeted the sight of Vance and with savage delight that he met with the force of his tackle. Pupils huge and a psychotic grin showing his teeth. This was not the same man he had fought on the train, and anyone who had seen it before would be able to tell immediately what was coursing through his veins.

"I've been looking for you." he said excitedly as he rolled away from Vance springing cat-like to his feet and charging him knocking him into a wall Bruce already forgotten as he grappled with his new opponent, ripping the gun from Vance's hands an throwing it through the window. He wsas strong, unnaturally so, and would pay the price later with physical therapy repairing his torn muscles. This was a human body pushed too far, beyond natural limits and the mind told to sit this one out.

"But you know it rude to interupt..."

Hi knife had been knocks from his hand and he used his fists enclosed in armored gloves and knees. This one's organ's didn't matter, a ruptured spleen, a bleeding kidney, a swollen eye... It was the girl's that mattered.

His knee slammed into Vance's gut, once, twice, three four times, each time in a different place, each time going to weaken him a little more. so fragile the human form... but what was this... his flesh, his skin... Owen KNEW that smell. Vance had had surgery recently... "Time to open your wounds don't be shy...."

The needle pierced Vance's skin, it must have been hidden in his glove.... a solvent, to undo the work of the sealing gel, soon his woulds would begin to bleed again.

Vance quickly felt himself being overpowered by Owen. If Owen wasn't so jacked up on whatever was coursing through his body, Vance might have had a better chance. He was quickly pinned as he felt Owen's knee jab into his body, breaking some ribs and bruising some organs. Coughing up blood he remained strong and didnt' show any signs of yielding. Least for the time being Bruce was alright. He barely had time to throw in a few hits at Owen, but it wouldn't have done him much good. Soon he felt the solvent open the wound he'd just had healed. Which was caused by Owen in the first place. He let out a loud cry of pain. Spittle and blood gathered at the corners of his mouth as he began to cough a bit.

Hearing all of this, Rika couldn't stand it. She did well enough to keep in hiding up until she heard Vance's cries of pain. No! she couldn't let him do this to himself in order to save her. He was going to DIE because of her! Kicking the closet door open she hurried out before Owen could give a killing blow. "Stop it!! Leave him alone!" she shouted frantically. Vance coughed and turned toward her, "R...run! G...get out of here!" he said reaching forward toward Owen. Owen simply took his knee and dug it into the wound. Vance let out another cry as more blood came from both his mouth and the wound. He was growing weak and fast.

"If you let him go I'll give myself up. Willingly" she said firmly never leaving Owen's gaze. She stood with a knife in her hand, "I'll damage the organs if you don't let him go!" she demanded holding the knife before her. Vance looked toward her, his guard momentarily down as a look of worry finally crept on his face, "n..no! d..dont!" he stammered gasping for air. Rika remained poised and ready. She knew that a damaged organ would cost Owen, even if it was just one. Legato wanted all or nothing. Her heart was pounding in her chest, but her only thoughts were to save Vance. The offer seemed to spark something. Owen had let go of Vance, and began to stalk toward her in long even strides. His shoes made heavy footsteps with each step he took toward her. Vance slid down the wall that was supporting him as Owen let go. He was too weak now to do much of anything. Holding his wound he attempted to crawl slowly toward them.

Owen stopped before Rika, examining her body carefully. She'd redressed. He slapped the knife from Rika's hand as it slid to the side with a soft clanking noise. She flinched a moment, fear starting to edge into her. Owen grasped her shirt by the collar and with one pull ripped it open. She stood bare before him one again as he reached a hand out to her neck to hold her in place, and raised the knife in preparation for the repossession. The grin only growing wider with each action.

"No!" Vance shouted desperately, now deathly afraid this was it. This was the end of the line, and everythign he'd worked for and tried to protect was slipping away...

The silk sheets clung tightly to Angel's body, thrown messily over her when Legato had finished. She was on her stomach, completely naked, hair stuck to the side of her face and mascara running down her cheeks. It was truly, like everything else in his life, a show of power. He dominated her in a way that a man might dominate another man in prison. When the powerful demand respect, they take it. When Legato wants sex, even when freely offered, he will take it too.

View attachment 4077"Get me a drink."Legato ordered, sitting on the edge of the bed, staring thoughtfully out the window. His chest rose in steady bursts, as he turned his head to the side, not looking directly at her, but showing that she was being addressed. "If your waiting for something, believe me, you've got nothing coming to you…"

With his enormous appetite barely sated, and his personal pet gone for the time being, he had a moment to himself, however it wasn't unoccupied. They never were, being on top meant you had to always be on the ball. He took out the his phone and flipped it to the live feed. He was still unclear on the status of the current situation. Apparently a couple junkies, a couple X heads, were a little too much too handle. It sent red-hot waves of anger into his head that his cutters hadn't been able to get the organs back, get His organs back. However, when he got the live feed on his phone, a venomous smile crept across his face.

"Cut, my little butcher, cut.…." He said to the empty room, before flipping on the intercom button. He almost, out of sheer fascination by Owen's work, let him go. However, like always, Legato had other plans.

"The bone bucket is full." He paused, then spoke with out the masking over his words.

"Bring them both here."

The phone buzzed on his belt and he picked it up on impulse. Only one person had that number and you did not keep him waiting. The phrase made no sense but before his intended victim's gaze his eyes slid out of focus.

"Returning."

His voice was a monotone, a stark contrast to what it had been just a second ago, then his eyes came back into focus.

"Its your lucky day princess." he said. "You and your gorilla get to live another day. Legato wants his package delivered still in the wrapper." he jerked his head at Vance and drew his gun. "You help him, I'll be calling a car and we'll be picked up downstairs. Any funny business and and big brother is going into the slurry."

He kept the gun trained on them and placed the phone back to his ear. "Van, we got a delivery to make, two live ones for the bossman."

As the phone rang Rika jumped a bit and when he told her to help Vance she was let go. Stumbling a bit she ran over to Vance's side, "Oh god...Vance" she said as tears came and she became vulnerable once again. Vance was too weak to really respond. Rika quickly went and grabbed their bag as she began to work on Vance. Meanwhile, it seemed that Bruce had been completely forgotten during this little fray. "Dude, you lost your shirt again" he blatantly pointed out about Rika, quickly followed by his typical stoner laugh. Owen seemed a little annoyed with Bruce's ignorance and promptly knocked him out with a sink strike. Hearing Bruce hit the floor made Rika wince once more.

Vance winced as she reapplied the sealant to his wound, the cauterizing material burned but he'd survive. He'd lost a lot of blood, though. Rika ran her hand through his hair, "I'm sorry, Vance...please forgive me" she said kissing his face lightly. By this time the Van was heard pulling up as the wheels screeched to a halt. There was no time to be sentimental as Owen pulled Rika and Vance both to their feet and forced them through the door and into the van. Sitting quietly with Owen keeping his gun pointed at the two the ride was of silence and nothing more. Rika wondered what all this was about...

angelsweet.jpg

Legato was by no means a gentle lover. He was kind to her once but that was long ago. Now she was nothing more than another toy. Wiping some of her mascara away she was told to get him a drink. She stood a moment in though but was soon scolded. She frowned at him and flicked him off a moment before getting his drink and setting it down nearby. The scary part about the way he treated her was that even though she despised him deeply and even (dare she say) hated him to a point she still loved him. He was, after all, her savior. Giving him a light kiss on the back of the neck as she left she slipped into a thin silk robe and tied it on her way out.

She stopped after leaving and pressed her hear lightly against the doorway, however and listened for a short bit. Hearing the phrase he spoke she frowned and stepped back. She knew that phrase, it was used when--Owen. She thought sadly to herself. He must have been having trouble with a repo job. She hated when he used the drug on himself, it made him different. It made him feral.

Quickly she stole away from Legato's quarters and back to her own for some privacy. She needed to clean herself up anyways. Slipping into the warm showers, she let the water run over her as she lost herself deep in her thoughts. A new campaign, a new image. He wasn't keen on details and she wasn't sure what this new image would entail. Something told her that this was all bad, but she pushed that little bit of doubt away. Legato would never let her go, he'd never turn against her. She was like his own child. Right?

Jion cleared his throat a little after getting out of the shower. He quickly dressed in a red-polo shirt and black shorts, with a belt hanging loosely through his belt loops and old sneakers that looked far too big for him. He'd have to get new shoes soon, maybe if he made good money that day. Grabbing his black back pack, a red hat, and a granola bar, he left his apartment and slowly walked out into an empty street. He looked both ways, unsure of where exactly he should go. Maybe he'd show up at the fast-food place? He hadn't gone there since he started selling street X. Shrugging, Jion set off on a random path, hopefully it would either lead him to a potential customer or the fast-food restaurant (he hadn't been there in so long he'd forgotten where it was).

Vance kept his eyes dangerously trained upon Owen the entire ride, but Rika kept her arms around him so he'd stay at bay. Though she seemed calm and collected, she knew the severity of what was going on. Why would Legato Giovanni himself want to see them? Something didn't add up here. When they finally arrived to Legato's quarters, they were escorted in by guards. Owen stayed with them as they were lead through the neocore HQ building. The place was a fortress! Workers hurried about in their biosuits and white lab coats while cutters and dark police scattered about here and there. Lead to an elevator they were taken up to the office areas. The guards lead them down plush halls lined with photographs of Legato himself and Angel Sweet, the face of neocore. Rika couldn't help but admire Angel's beauty as she passed the pictures. Finally they stood before two large mahogany doors with the initials of LG above the doorway. Two guards opened the doors as Owen urged Rika and Vance in with little emotion and some confusion as to why Legato would stop a cutting like this!

The office was large and had an old fashioned and yet up to date look to it. A dark burgundy carpet spread across the floor to accent the dark walls which were lined with wall lights, and a candelabra like fixture hung from the ceiling above. The lighting was kept at a dim setting giving the large office a dark gothic feel almost as the shadows spread out low and meshed into the darkness. Book cases and seating were about the place in an orderly fashion, and along the back wall from ceiling to floor were large windows that overlooked the city below connecting to a balcony of sorts. At will Legato could close a wall to cover the windows for more privacy, but he often liked to have his view of the world he owned. In front of the windows a little ways was Legatos large black oak desk with a black finish upon it, it fit well into the overall dark mood in his office. A large high back office chair with a swiveling seat was situated behind the desk. The chair was turned around facing the large windows which were currently uncovered giving a 'beautiful' view of the city at night. Rika, Vance, and Owen entered as the large mahogany doors were closed behind them and the four of them were left alone.

"Hello and welcome to my humble abode. I hope you weren't met with any trouble on your way here" Legato said with only a hint of sarcasm as he turned around slowly to face the group from behind his desk, "Now i'm sure you're wondering why I've had you brought here I--"

"Stop the crap. If you're going to have us killed just get it over with!" Rika spat toward Legato. Her blood boiled as she stood before him and her heart pounded, yet she couldn't shake such an uneasy sense of fear. She didn't like Legato one bit. Legato only smiled at her.

"You mistaken me. I am not a cruel tyrant as some would make me out to be! No...I have a business proposition for you...Miss Rika."

Rika eyed Legato suspiciously before stepping forward, "I'd much rather see your head on a platter!" she said angrily and noticed Owen move the gun toward Vance's head again. Legato held up his hands to pause Owen from doing something stupid. "Now now, no need to be hasty. What do you wish so that we can speak...civilly?" Legato calmly asked while folding his hands on his desk and staring her down coldly. Rika hesitated a moment and gulped a bit, her mouth becoming suddenly dry in her nervousness, but she regained control of herself and spoke.

"Help him...you have to help Vance. If you help him and give me your WORD that no harm will come to him...I...I'll talk" she said glancing sadly toward Vance. Vance struggled a moment to try and stop her but was answered by a swift knee to his stomach causing him to reel and double over in pain. Legato gave Owen a look and stood shaking his head, "Very well. As the lady said...no harm to him. Owen, please take Vance down to the medic wing so he may be 'patched up' I've sent word so they know what to do. And Miss Rika you shall be escorted to Vance's side once we are finished...discussing...things here. On my word." He placed his hand over his chest and gave her another 'charming' smile, which threw her off guard again. Rika blinked and turned toward Vance, "alright..." she said as Owen led Vance away (a bit forcefully) to be taken care of. Rika watched them go and then turned to face Legato, "what do you want?" she said narrowing her gaze at Legato, she didn't trust him.

View attachment 4127Legato reached into a box of Gurkha black dragon cigars that were sitting at the edge of his desk. He pulled one out, ran it under his nose, bit the tip off then lit it. Plumes of bluish gray smoke rose, sitting in the air like a thick blanket adding to the ominous and slightly terrifying atmosphere. Legato had always possessed a strong poker face, and even while he was happy that he had won the battle against these criminals that had caused him so much grief, he didn't show it one bit.

After the door tightly shut, as well as activating the automatic locking feature, the two were alone. Legato took his time, Sizing up the girl. Taking in the curves of her youthful body as well as the smooth texture of her face. She would do nicely, not only as a charming puppet for Legato to flaunt in the public eye, but also for a plaything. A women who would be on call, at all hours, to bend herself to his will. Establishing a relationship with her would be his top priory. He wanted her…bad, but he would not let on. Instead it would be he who was doing her a favor. To spare the life of her junkie, X fiend brother. Legato could care less about her brother, who's name he had already forgotten.

He stood, slowly and thoughtfully, as the venomous words being spilling from his full lips. It was easy being a manipulative prick when you cared little for anyone but yourself.

"So, my dear. Life is tough on the streets, believe me I know. I have seen so many, like yourself, die trying to get a leg up in the world."

He drew heavily on the cigar.

"Now, I could fix your brother and then put you both in dept. for the rest of your natural live, or you could be the intelligent person that I know you are and take me up on an offer. All I ask of you is that you work for me, all expenses paid, as a public speaker of sorts. I need a youthful and not to mention beautiful face."

He took a step towards her, rubbing the back of his hand against her slender face

"for the public to see. A front so to speak.''

He moved closer to her still, his Cigar, for the moment, forgotten in a near by ash tray

" Besides being in the public eye, you would live here in the Neocore building, not with me, but perhaps on call…if I am ever to need anything." He was in her space bubble, hands on her shoulders with a very light pressure, chest at her face. "Anything can mean whatever you want it too, it doesn't have to be all work. So what do you think about that, My dear?"

She gave him a distrusting glance still and tried to take a step back but his hands held firmly as she was forced to endure this invasion of personal space, "Why do you want me? Angel Sweet is the face of Neocore. I don't have anything to offer you.."

"What choice do you have, I could pick up the phone and cancel the operation on your brother?"

Legato walked towards the phone with every intention in the world of letting Owen get his knife bloody.

"No! please wait!!....if...if I agree to this you guarantee that he won't be harmed?"

Legato saw that he had total control over this girl. He decided to play with her before delivering the final blow.
"I will promise that he will be fine" He moved close to her again, letting the phone fall back into it;s cradle

" As long as you promise to do anything for me."

He still wasn't sure if Rika even knew his real purpose for her.

She was still hesitant, "...and will Vance get to stay with me? Or will I get to see him?" she demanded still not compeltely caving in.

"That would depend on your cooperation, and willingness to serve me."

Legato opened his arms in a 'I have nothing to hide gesture'

"Fine you want my word, you have it. He will not be harmed as long as you Do what I say, when I say it without question"

"...fine. now take me to my brother."

Legato, enticed by her fire cracker attitude, stepped away. A small, dark grin threatening to take over his face. He rang a buzzer and no less than thirty seconds later Angel came in, casting a questioning, slightly bitchy look at Rika.

"Right this way." She said leading Rika downstairs to the medical wing to see her brother.

Owen fell into the roll of silent gun, knowing better than to interrupt his boss when he was talking. He wanted to shoot Vance, any excuse and Legato would have to have his office steam cleaned, but if Legato wanted him alive... "Move it." With a last wink at Rika he directed her wounded brother from the office and into the express elevator.

"Cause and effect." he said as soon as the doors closed.

"Cause: you try something." he said keeping the gun on Vance.

"Effect: I paint the wall with your brains. Your sister hears you're dead and tries something too and meets a much worse fate. Once Mr. Legato wants something he gets it, willing or not." He grinned but did not explain, the drags were beginning to works again and not a moment to soon the doors slide open and men in white coats took over.

"Right this way Reaper." the doctor said disarming Owen as security too over the gun waving duties and Vance was undressed, the bag of organs over his shoulder taken away for be precessed. "You're not having that thing when you're on Psycodine in my medical facility. He felt the prick of a needle and they rest was floating calm as he was stripped and strapped into the detox tank and it was filled with liquid to keep his capillaries safe and his body temperature up as the needles in his arteries flushed out his bloodstream and replaced it with clean synthetic blood, which would come out of his bonus, the cost carefully calculated to keep Owen dependent on Neocore.

The door opened and more figured entered, he couldn't make out their faces but Rika's ourfit was unmistakable, and the other's was also familiar, and suspended in the liquid a breathing mast covering his face and the blood being pushed out of his system he smiled.

angelsweet.jpg

Angel had been in her room, sitting at the vanity and waiting for Legato to call her. She was busy applying her make up and fixing her outfit while she waited. She knew what was going on in the office with that girl and her brother. The brother was decent looking, and Rika was a pretty young thing. A twinge of jealousy swept over her as she stood and threw her arms across the vanity top throwing some of the cosmetics from the stand. Closing her eyes she took a calm seat once again and restarted her touch-up. Legato tried to play all nice and innocent, but she knew him far to well. What was the old saying? In with the new...out with the old. Some tears had slipped from her eyes as she leaned forward and began to apply her lipstick.

As Legato rang the buzzard, Angel appeared on cue. She looked ravishing in the low V neck open back dress she wore with strap heels, and her hair pulled partially out of her face. Legato didn't need to tell her what she was to do, she'd been listening in anyways. "Right this way" she said leading Rika away after giving her a catty grin. Rika glanced at her and blinked but said nothing and simply followed with a lowered gaze. Legato go his way, that's how it always went, right? She cast a glance at Legato over her shoulder before leaving and leading Rika to the medical bay where Vance was being treated/held. Stepping inside the medical bay they had to pass through the detox chambers to get where Vance was. Angel lead Rika through, glancing up to see a familiar individual suspended within the liquids. Angel drew her glance up toward the figure, and continued on, "Through there, down the hall, and to the left is his room. I can't go any further...go on" she said holding the door for Rika, who quickly hurried on. Closing the door, Angel turned and went back toward the tank. She knew who was inside and it broke her heart some to see Owen in this state.

"Owen..." she said his name softly to herself as she stepped before the tank and lifted her hand placing it on the glass. A smile came to her lips as she gazed upon her true lover. It pained her to see Owen put in situations like this where he had to use that drug. She was afraid one of these days it was going to simply kill him, it wasn't unheard of. Owen was her friend, confidant, and secret lover, she knew she could confide anything to him and have his trust. The beginnings of a bruise were starting around her neck where Legato had strangled her slightly earlier, but she did her best to cover the markings with make-up. "You need to be more careful, Owen...I need you..." she spoke hoping he could hear her. She never was sure how much he could actually hear through the liquid and glass. Her eyes momentarily glanced toward the ground, "I have so much to tell you--" and her gaze drew back to Owen's face as she began to confide in him what she knew (or suspected) of the situation.

Owen placed his hand against the glass and bubbles rose from behind the mask as he spoke back but the words were lost. "Angel.." he was worried, with his lover replaced there was no doubt her life was in danger and he didn't want her to leave, so long as his eyes were on her he knew she was safe. But tonight they had both broken promises. He had promised to not use the drug that was not being scoured from his system, she had promised not to let Legato force her, they both knew they were promises they couldn't keep when they had made them.

Her voice came to him in a muffled buzz but her read her lips though the glass before the synthetic blood hit his system and his eyes rolled back. It burned, they told him it had to to eradicate the psycodine and it abated after a minuet but when it did burn it was like liquid fire in his veins. When he he looked back at her the change was obvious. No more mental leash struggling against stimulants and hallucinogens. He was back in control, it would be a few minuets before he would be released and he took that time to look at his lover seeing the marks she had tried to hide, he wasn't surprised or even upset. It was just part of life.

The lights on the side changed and he was done and soon the liquid began to drain, they wouldn't be alone much longer and his his hand reached up to pull the mask away from his face bubbles streaming upwards and he blew her a kiss before replacing the mask to breathe as a nurse came with a wheelchair. He'd be wobbly for a few minuets once the straps were undone.

As it would turn out, Jion had found the fast-food joint. Unfortunately, he'd been fired.

"Ohh..." Jion said.

His old boss nodded, "Yeah. Now get out." Jion nodded and left the restaurant. It was understandable that he'd be fired, he hadn't gone in...two weeks?

Jion shrugged and walked along the road, whistling his song. He found himself singing the chorus. "Oh my friend, oh my friend~" Smiling, he shook his head and continued whistling.

He soon stopped and looked into an alley. Jion slid into the dark alley and leaned against a wall. He'd wait there for a customer. Yes. He was tired of walking. If anyone wanted X, they'd have to come to him.

Aas the sun sets, more light comes into the alley, revealing Hades.
He not over muscular, but not skinny, is about 6 feet tall.
But right now he's on his knees puking, this time his infection seems to have attacked his stomach.
He doesn't just throw up his last meal, but blood as well.
By the sound he makes it seems as if he's puking his guts out.
Hades tried to clean himself but a sudden wave of body fluids comes out of his mouth to his hands with so much pressure it jumps all around, making him fall back on his raincoat making it all dirty with vomit and grabage from the alley.
He keeps vomiting while on his back, almost soffucating, when he finaly gets up he feels his black hair lock faling on his back all wet in vomit.
It's a disgusting sight.
Hades then turns to the drug dealer.
"Hey, who gives you those drugs dude?" - he asks still shaking.

Jion made a sound that was a cross between a gasp and a scream. "G'ha-ah!" was what it sounded like. The man had slightly startled him, he hadn't checked the alley before stepping in.

Jion shook his head, "I have a supplier..." He didn't know how much information he should give this guy. For all he knew, the guy might work for the top dog, Mr. Legato. "What's it to you?" Jion asked, getting ready to run in case this man revealed himself to be Dark Police. Then again...the guy seemed awfully sick, even if he was one of Legato's hounds, Jion couldn't leave him like that.

The man slowly regains his normal voice tone as well as his posture.
He looks at you realizing your fear and talks in an intimidating tone.
"So you have undergrounds contacts, I'm willing to pay good money for weapons, are you interested?"
The man says as he tries to shake the vomit and dirt of his clothes and hair.

He looked the man over. Jion liked the sound of lots of money. However, this guy could be undercover or something.

"Who exactly are you?" Jion asked, still in a position that he could sprint away quickly. "And, what do you need weapons for?"

Status
Not open for further replies.