Original poster
attachment.php

Hey look a cool banner : D

~~

Paradisio Mortem
Rp by Angl and October

Main Thread

images
QUARANTINE! Panic strikes as a mysterious sickness suddenly starts to spread around the world, killing many. None are 100% sure of being safe. Organ failures are occurring at an alarming rate due to this sickness, leaving the world a dark human graveyard. Is there no salvation to this horrible tragedy that has befallen mankind?

Enter Legato Giovanni, a savvy businessman who has come up with the solution! Harvesting organs and selling them to those who need them! The human population has found its new savior, and Legato quickly rises as a power figure. Neocore becomes a household name. Salvation has been found! Now you can purchase your life back with an organ transplant straight from Neocore! But there is a price. Business means a contract, and a contract means collateral. Should someone fall behind on their payments Legato will send in his Cutters to repossess the Neocore property. Don’t worry though, his Cutters are all legal. Legato is untouchable, the king-pin of all.

With the demand for surgeries increasing, Legato invests in a new experimental drug, Xenogen, which is a multi-purpose injectable drug. It can act as a pain killer, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, hallucinogen, you name it. Tested and then put on the market it becomes highly addictive. A crude form of Xenogen (simply called the X) has been synthesized and sold on the streets and underground markets. Business is popping, but Legato has his Dark Police on the job.

The world has been crudely rebuilt and a dystopian paradise has come to those (un)fortunate to survive. Though life may seem simple and blissful, there is more to this new world than meets the eye. Corruption, vanity, addiction, and bloodshed are our new realities. Most turn the other cheek ignorantly, but for some of us the truth is more than just 'skin deep'. So be careful when you walk the streets, as it may be your last. As even the air we breathe may bring you death. Welcome to Paradisio, our own little corner of heaven and hell.

Character Sheets
Basic Info
Name:
Appearance:

Further Detail
Personality:
Short Bio: (opt)

Basic Info
Name: Vance Harwell
Appearance:
MenLonger9.jpg

Further Detail
Personality: Vance is a dark individual who doesn't often seem to outwardly convey his emotions with expressions. He opens up to his sister, Rika, but she is one of few. Beneath his somewhat stoic exterior brews a whirlwind of emotions that are ready to burst fourth at any given moment. He tends to be prone to violent outbursts sometimes, but (with Rika's help) he keeps his temper mostly under control. Overly protective of Rika, and very much a cold hard killer persona. Despite this, he does have a somewhat gentler side deep down, but really only Rika and young children have seen this more compassionate side.
Short Bio: For a brief moment in their lives, Vance and Rika lived the life of luxury, but all good things come to an end. Their parents were no longer in their lives, and they were left penniless on the streets. Both fell into a spiral and began to partake in Street X, quickly becoming addicted. For a time things were fine, but Vance's world began to shatter when Rika began to become ill. He went through many loops to make sure she survived, though. Along the way, he too had to undergo his own transplants. Between the two of them, Neocore pretty much owned their bodies. More so Rika's than his. Vance has vowed to keep her safe at any costs, and he's kept true to his word thus far. Vance and Rika are street dwellers, and live mostly underground, hiding from the Cutters and Dark Police that would happily repossess their overdue organs and leave them in the streets to die. Vance is aware of the harsh reality they really live in, and refuses to let the system win.

~~

Basic Info
Name: Rika Harwell
Appearance:
updos-for-long-hair11.jpg

Further Detail
Personality: Though seemingly feeble and meek, Rika has a fair amount of strength and ability. Using her feminine charms, she can be quite manipulative and quite the seductress. She doesn't like to seem a burden to her older brother Vance, though, and so she will tend to be more feeble and meek around him. However, she is also very 'attached' to him in a sense. These two certainly hold a very deep loving bond, perhaps crossing the line of mere brother and sister. More emotive than her brother, she does have a more compassionate side, but she certainly is a vixen.
Short Bio: Cast into the life of a street dweller, Rika wasn't quite as adjusted as her older brother, and leaned heavily upon him to help her for a while. As the years passed she began to physically mature and use her physical self to get what she needed. She is a heavy X user. Over the years her weak body couldn't handle the conditions and she began to develop signs of the disease. Vance came through and helped nurse her back to health, but now they both are part of the Neocore system. On the run from Cutters and Dark Police, their life is very much one lived underground and avoiding the harsh system that would save your life only to take it back.

BASIC INFO

Name: Legato Giovanni, Aka "The Dark Don".

Appearance:

View attachment 3472

Further Detail

Personality:
Dedicated, cutthroat, dominating, decisive, intelligent, tactical, elite. Legato was born to lead and take command.

Short Bio: Legato Giovanni was born to underclass, hardworking parents who loved him every much. While they were far from wealthy, they provided for young Legato in every way, shape and form as best they could. Although his parents had very little, they worked their asses off, day in and day out. Something about the way they worked so hard, and had so little, set a fire ablaze in Legato. At the tender age of 13 he swore to himself that he would work just as hard, if not harder, but he would have everything he wanted and more. The main difference between Legato and his parents? He would do anything for money and power.

Anything.

After leaving the house and heading off to school, Legato made friends with some lesser than desirable types. He paid close attention to his studies (Business and sociology) but he also paid close attention to the gangsters and dealers he often ran errands for. He felt that his widely diverse mix would level the playing field, giving him the ultimate edge to succeed. He learned about people in college, and he learned about people in the criminal underworld. He learned how to exploit people, individually and in groups, and was able to formulate some terrible genius, if not underhanded, ways to rise to the top. In the public eye, and the quickly evolving criminal underworld, Legato was seen as a god among men. While everyone was busy looking at the miracles he could preform with his right hand, he would grab everything that wasn't nailed down with his left. He was once referred to as the "Nuckie Thomson of the future', while Legato dismissed the comparison, he was also inwardly pleased with it.

Legato quickly rose up as a young star. Feared and respected by many.

While some knew of the ways in which Legato operated, none had the guts to stand up. He controlled, or at least had his hand in, every illegal business in the city of Paradisio. In a very short time he did the unthinkable, and single-handedly took over the criminal trade. Some People hated him, but none opposed him. He employed not only the "Dark Police" but also a vast army of followers, who worked off the books, and were willing to lay their lives down for Legato. That is just the kind of man he was, his captivating presence was almost god like.

In recent times, Legato gained the love and popularity of the people by providing a light in a crushing wave of darkness. As the vicious Red Death spread, and the need for functioning organs rose. Legato was there to help, but as always, there was a price.

will finish in a bit

Basic Info
Name:
Owen 'Reaper' Bight
Appearance:
lock-stock-and-two-smoking-barrels-20091130003902055_640w.jpg

Further Detail
Personality: Its a fun job, but someones gotta do it right. Just kidding, wouldn't trade this job for any in the worms. I get fresh air, good pay and get to taser assholes then cut them open. Its not as simple as that but thats the basics. So long as I do everything by the book I've invulnerable.

Short Bio: So you assumed I was born to this life, but no. When I was born this life didn't exist. They say we started all this, not we working for Legato, the we a was in then. The army. Some kind of bio weapons thing gone wrong or something. I don't know I was infantry, field medic. Nice white uniform and red cross means no bullets were aimed my way, in theory, but what that left me with was a head for combat and a working knowledge of where to find all the organs and how to get them out. A-list cutter material and as soon as I demonstrated on a cadaver I could remove a man's liver, heart an kidneys in under five minuets with no damage to the merchandise and no laws broken I found myself in a darker uniform and a higher salary.

Name: Abram (Abe) Polinsky

Appearance:
[align=center]
4got10anglrpcharacter.jpg
[/align]

Further Detail

Personality: Abe usually is quiet only answering to his own somewhat muffled questions and that of his employer, Legato Giovanni. Given his job he has not much want or need for acquisition of friendship and thus shut himself out to most of the world. However, behind that bandaged face and wounded emotional wall, there is, or perhaps was, a caring man behind it.

Short Bio: From his perspective, eons ago Abe was once a boy. He used to live in the southern section of Moscow. At the age of six his parents enlisted him in one of the mo prestigious schools in the area. He forgot the name of the school as now the plaque was never to be seen again. But there he did remember his friends, a boy named Rikoss, another lad near his age named Viktor, and a special girl, the only face he had remembered after all were faceless, Vera Kloski. They all took the same chem. Classes together and were top of the class.

Fast forward to college and Abe could be found flirting with Vera on more than a frequent occasion. Finally his life was to be complete, the education, the girl, and now, soon to be wife. His proposal was no surprise to Viktor and Rikoss got an e-mail shortly after. They were to be wed in three months.

The wedding went off without a hitch, The bride looked fantastic, the ceremony was great, and the guests were full of smiles and tears. Life was such a beautiful thing, yet death lurked on the doorsteps not too far away. For in five years this marriage would end.

It was on the first day of the outbreak, Vera had come down with a sickness unidentifiable by the hospital. Acting the part of the concerned husband, he quickly took her to the hospital with many in already. Fortunately for him, nothing was immediately evident. Given his surprisingly good condition he had looked for a doctor all over the world and found one in New York. He took a plane there and unknowingly spread his underlying disease amongst the people on board.

A few weeks later everyone in America had some level of the disease, and Abe was about to choke on his last breath when a savior came upon him, Legato Giovanni. After administering his “cure” Abe thanked him and paid his dues almost immediately, giving up the money he had promised to use for Vera.

The next couple weeks remain untold to a single living soul, the only thing they knew was that Abe had left for Russia only to return to Giovanni with bandages all over his face, to request a position under him as a chemical lab worker with full credentials.

Going to give this one a shot.

much appreciated : D will be a pleasure RPing with you again piro dear ^^

Character Sheets
Possibility #1 (Not feeling this one; what do you think?)
Basic Info
Name: Kristopher Mews
Appearance:
View attachment 3552
Further Detail
Personality: Emotionally detached and professional. His place is seeing to his employer's every needs and that's exactly what he intends to do. If Mr. Giovanni were to pass on the infrastructure he's set up in his pass time just might see him through to a promotion, but until that unfortunate occurrence Mews is Diligent, and content. He is a perfectionist and sees that every eventuality and loose end is tied neatly. To surprise him in this far into 'The Game' will prove to be no easy feat.

Short Bio: His parents died and left him with a robust bank account, but never taught him how to make the most out of it. Not that anyone could be taught how to properly watch everyone die around them. He did that well though, became shroud and miserly. Never taking what he had for granted.

Possibility #2 (I'll go with this one.)
Basic Info

Name: Kristopher Mews
Appearance:
View attachment 3557

Personality: Selfish, Competitive, Vicious. But also a thinker. He knows how things work and he'll play the system and win. All because he's playing for the House. He has a tendency to over think problems or doubts and frazzle his ability to make decisions, but that's when he shows how well he can follow orders. He does his job, well. But only as far as he's told unless he has some personal stake in the matter, which he usually does.

Short Bio:
"Grew up, had some money, got orphaned didn't have any money, became a thug, earned a little money, Started working here and got quite a bit of money. Happy ending so far..." - Kris, When asked about his life.

Character Sheets
Basic Info
Name: Bruce Sandeloo
Appearance:
Pothead_2_by_OpalMist.png

Further Detail
Personality: Bruce is .. clueless. His ability to pay attention is slim, to none. Object recognition is questionable. The man is an accomplished stoner, and probably has been a connoisseur of the substance for a long period of time. The world revolves around him, and he barely notices. An upside to his demeanor, however, is his constant, disarming smile. In fact, Bruce is practically imperturbable. I sincerely hope you're not upset by being half-stared at through squinted, blood-shot eyes.

Quote: "Score! Ho-hos!"

(I apologize for the sheer size of the image)

Attachments

• Pothead_2_by_OpalMist.png
    Pothead_2_by_OpalMist.png
    966.4 KB · Views: 0
@Chaz: yeah i'm feeling more the second guy....The first guy isn't bad but he might only have a small place in this RP he could work though I'd suggest working something out with Oct if you wish to use the first guy.

Thanks, I've read all the posts up til now. Great Stuff, seriously. Uhh, one question and I know I should be PMing this instead but What do Dark Police do? Will I just be roughing up druggies? *Looks at Bruce Sandeloo* lol

The Dark Police are the 'law enforcement' of Paradisio and work (of course) under Legato. They are his police and his military in a sense. They are sort of seen as second in command after Cutters. They can act to assist cutters as well if need be.

Is this a Repo! The Genetic Opera roleplay or is it the same idea rewritten for people not in that specific fandom? I recognized the plot/setting, but not the different terms for everything. Derp.

EDIT: May as well join. C:
Basic Info

Name: Sylvia 'Streetwise' Ballenger
Appearance:
sophie_ellis_bextor_unknown_photoshoot_0000.jpg

Further Detail

Personality:

Often written off as nothing more than a harmless hooker, Streetwise's sly demeanor and flirtatious attitude do nothing to outwardly refute these claims. She often evades the Dark Police by posing as a cheap whore clad in dark make-up, tattoos, and sexy but alternative clothing. However, anyone who lives in the area knows Streetwise is a trickster who is rarely what she seems. Though she may help others escape the iron fist of the Dark Don, her motives are often selfish, and she often compares herself to the fabulously wealthy tyrant in saying all she cares about is money. Her tongue is sharp, her sentences short and to the point, and she can't resist cracking sarcastic jokes even in the face of police officers.

Short Bio:

In a tragic reversal, Sylvia was born to a wealthy couple with ties to the government. However, when the disease first infiltrated society, no one was safe, and money couldn't buy health. She lost her father before Neocore had even surfaced. Their income now cut in half and their hearts shattered with grief, panic, and confusion, Sylvia and her mother were forced to move away from the city in an attempt to preserve their lives. Out in the country, they evaded death for as long as they could -- until the disease struck Sylvia's mother, and she had no choice but to contact Neocore. By then the disease had spread so far throughout her mother's body that hardly any organs were hers anymore, and Neocore essentially owned Mrs. Ballenger's body.

Without a job and dying, Sylvia's mother could not keep up with the payments. Sylvia came home from the grocery store one evening to find her mother in bits and pieces, a shell of what she once was, lying in a pool of blood. One of Neocore's Cutters had struck. Sylvia fled, and caught word of a city where there was no disease, ruled by the Dark Don himself. Instead of running from the reason behind her mother's demise, she left for the city, knowing it was the only place she was safe from death -- as long as she played her cards right.

Shortly after moving to the city, Sylvia quickly learned the ways of the streets and got involved in the sale of crude Xenogen. Now a well-known X dealer, the girl now called Streetwise is rich, tough, and perhaps one of the greatest threats to Legato's empire. He has no file on her due to her ability to easily escape the Dark Police, and no one knows what she looks like because she has never received treatment from Neocore. The only people who know her true name are dead. She is Streetwise, who sells X but not does use it, and assists those who owe money to Neocore but owes nothing herself.

Whoops, didn't see your reply. I just added a character sheet.

ooo fresh meat : D I mean welcome!!

just to clarify: she wasn't ever sick right? and that's why she isn't in the system? correct : D

also i will probably contact you later to plot stuffs >3 i could use someone like her for Vance later one bwahahaha

No, she was never sick. C: Feel free to contact me.

awesome!! wow sorry for really late response! I've been outta town for a few days ^^;; you can jump in whenever you'd like : ) not a lot is happening at the moment

Basic Info
Name: Angel Sweet
Appearance:
Miss-Mosh-girl-sexy-face-cute-angel-beautiful-blonde-amazing_large.jpg

Further Detail
Personality: She can be a hard individual to figure out. She tends to hide her emotions well, and her thoughts even more. Some have called her a sultry vixen, a two faced wanna be, a manipulating bitch even. Despite all that name calling, deep down she's just a human being. Scared, insecure, lonely. She does have a kind/compassionate side but most know her simply as the one controlled by Legato, and it's true.
Short Bio: *see rp*

DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.