Paradise Lost { Closed }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willow trailed behind slowly. It seemed she wasn't needed to guide them after all. The rather... abrupt girl appeared to know exactly where she was going. She headed off with absolutely no hesitation, crushing the strange landmark on the ground underfoot without hesitation. Willow cradled the offered rose carefully in her hands. Why someone would have left a rose and a kerchief on the ground, she wasn't sure. But it was kind of sweet- after all, how many people were heading to the dorms? How many people didn't know where to look?

It was only after a bit of thought that Willow leaned down, etching a simulacrum of the earlier marking into the road with a careful finger. There. Now whatever it had been meant for- the meaning wouldn't be lost. Smiling and recovered from the first girls aggression, Willow jogged to catch up. Careful not to run into anyone. The last thing she needed was a repeat.

Her earlier excitement returned as she checked into the school. She carried the white mark in her hand carefully alongside the sadly crushed rose. When the serene girl glanced back to check on her, Willow couldn't help but smile and flash her card proudly. Her earlier trial seemingly forgotten.

"I'm so glad I ran into- um, I mean I met someone else going here. I was scared that no-one would have the time to meet anyone new... oh!" Lavender eyes wide, her free hand came up to cover mouth. Was that girl bleeding?! She didn't realize she'd moved until she stood in front of the girl, shifting anxiously from side to side.

"Oh, are you okay? Do you need a healer?"

Reactions: Kes
Current Time Frame 5:30AM - 6:00AM

Cantalian looked towards Toshiro as he applied holding onto her head as she became more dazed from her injury. She looked down and removed her hood, exposing her short Iris hair. Eventually, Cantalian took a look around her surroundings. She saw Rexan and a other couple of students come into the dormitory. One of them showed concern towards Cantalian's injury. The student's long purple hair looked odd like much of this new city. But her intentions seemed to geniune. "Healer? Ah are you a mage?" Cantalian stated. Soon another student came inside the dorm. Cantalian turned her head towards the student while a bit more blood flowed down.

One of the students was wearing a mask and chuckled when they looked at her. Taking the laugh as an insult, Cantalian's pride soon got the best of her. Taking advantage of her wound Cantalian activated her ability which was called "Noble Blood". She coated one her knives with a thin layer of blood. Her ability allowed the knife to ignore any armor the opponent. Cantalian threw the knive at the student's cheek at a inhuman speed. Cantalian was careful not to cut deeply, but she had left a long shallow cut along the new student's face. The knife then landed into the rug, while Cantalian went to pick up the knife.

"I don't appreciate arrogance from a strange and untalented brute such as yourself. You kind of people already fill the streets of this city. How about you return there." Cantalian said in a sharp and condescending voice. Behind her usual arrogance, Cantalian knew she was in a dangerous fight. Judging on the student's apperance and weapon they were either a knight or a berserker. Seeing that student was just wearing a kimono along with a light white and blue jacket they were mostly likely a berseker. "This will be a problem for me." she said to herself. "Berserkers usually have mediocre speed I could try to outrun her." Cantalian quickly sprited in the opposite direction outside the hall and into a market waiting for the student to appear.

@Infin1teZer0 @Kitsunemage

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicola Barzetti
[imga]http://s11.postimg.org/igdr8ocsj/watermageprofile.jpg[/imga]
"Young miss, we've arrived at the ports."

A rough voice spoke from behind Nicola's position on the ship's stern where a wooden chair had been procured at his request for an enjoyable trip. Under normal circumstances, sailors and merchants had no obligation towards allowing inexperienced guests upon their vessel, much less abiding by their requests of comfort, yet Nicola's status as a noble's daughter gave circumstantial privileges thanks to the hefty sum of gold which resided in his carry-on bag.

"So soon? I was expecting to enjoy a longer trip.
No matter, payment for a job well done."

Nicola's tone of voice wasn't entirely feminine though it was far from being masculine. If anything, it was a neutral balance with perhaps a slight tilt towards the higher pitched spectrum. Nevertheless, combined with appearances, it was enough to continue the masquerade of his false identity; an extra bonus in acquiring the favour of the Captain who approved his request of passage. Reaching into his bag, Nicola offered a leather pouch that clinked with the prize within; a sum of gold nearly worth the Captain's monthly salary.

"Young miss, I believe you have miscounted. Are you not aware of the su--.."

The Captain immediately broke into protest over the offered payment, yet a finger raised to Nicola's lips quickly silenced his words. Forcibly shoving the pouch of gold into his hands, Nicola gave the man a quick wink before skipping towards the ship's gangway; his final words lasting on the wind till they faded to leave an awestricken Captain.

"Enjoy your bonus, also its young master, not miss."

~~~

A chilled breeze swept against Nicola's figure as he stepped onto the first ground he had experienced in weeks. Despite his earlier words, the trip had actually been far longer than he had implied. It had been a simple case of enjoyment for the water-filled scenery, and distractions through magic text that had kept him occupied for the duration of the voyage. In response to the breeze, a small shiver ran down his spine as he cheerfully began inspecting the surroundings of the market district he was in. Merchants, soldiers, mages, and more all co-existed within the same city, and sense of excitement began welling from within his inner being. On the ship, he had given away the remainder of the parent's offered fortune; an attempt to rid himself of all connections to the past. Nevertheless, his very attire had yet to remain, and gradually, it was beginning to garner the attention of several individuals within the vicinity. His parents desiring to ensure an astute presentation had forced his current attire upon his body. His ornate dress clearly signified his position as a noble even before the crystal rose staff upon his back was drawn.

What was even the point of this attire and gear.
There are no additional attributes. Nothing more than frivolous extravagance without use past appearances.

Nicola's thoughts were slight negative in response to the attention he began to acquire. Nevertheless, they were quickly dispelled upon realization of his hopeless situation. He had left his home behind. There was no turning back, and with the measly hundred gold the Academy provided, there was no hope for a change in attire. At this point in time, his only path led forward...into the unknown...literally...
For someone who had never traversed the streets of Voluptas, the city was a winding maze that left him unsure of the correct path leading to the dorms. Rather than spend the morning in search of his destination, Nicola opted for the assistance of a local; a knight who seemed to be a student of the Academy.

"The dorms be that a way, but what business does a noble have with da school.
Ya wanna use your money to buy your way into a position? I'll tell ya now so ya don't waste your time.
Your kind aint welcome here. Money won't get ya jack shit if you don't got the skills to walk ya talk."

A small sigh exhaled from Nicola's mouth as he lightly bowed with an quick utterance of thanks. Sure enough, his attire was already generating a negative impression from the locals. As he made his way in the direction that the Knight had pointed, Nicola began wondering if everyone was going to host a similar reaction. He understood their viewpoint given his observations of other nobles, yet a half sense of courtesy wasn't much to ask for.

Even with directions, Nicola spent some time attempting to find the dorms whilst wondering about the sounds of chaos that echoed from the distance. Originating from the Capital of the Republic, he was familiar with brawls and fights within the city, yet it was so early in the morning. Couldn't such activities have waited for a later hour? In the end, Nicola's curiosity never rose to a point that justified investigation of the event, and instead, he simply made his way into the dorms where he immediately made for the nearest table in wait of further instructions to come.

~~~

In the time of his waiting, Nicola had resorted to reading one of the texts from within his bag...at least until the sudden arrival of fellow teens turned his attention towards the Dorm's front. One of the arrivals seemed somewhat injured to which another was offering a gift of healing. Immediately, Nicola concluded these arrivals had come from the fight he had heard, and a small smile formed on his face. They had found action so quickly upon their arrival, and it soon seemed as if the injured girl wasn't yet satisfied. Nicola watched as the girl's knife flew across the room and struck against the side of another's cheek; Immediately, the girl retrieved her weapon before sprinting out of the room in light of the potential battle she had forced. A small chuckle emitted from Nicola as he lightly spoke to no one in particular before turning his attention back to the text at hand.

"It's far too early to be so energetic, no?"

[fieldbox="Remi Thwaite, #A65E52, solid"]

It had become clear to the mountain girl that she was in a whole other world here. Between seeing wild goose jump between the rooftops to the hotheaded girl terrorizing the delicate one who almost cried, the frivolous cantrips and now a noble covered in blood picking a fight with miss hothead - she began to wonder if she really was in City of Voluptas, home to the greatest academy in the world. Did young people really act like this? Remi had had little prolonged exposure to her own age, outside her family and the occasional opportunity to play while out travelling, though 'play' was again a misnomer for Remi. There had been a few enthusiastic ones who had invited her into their games in different towns, and Remi had dutifully joined in in the free from intensity way she did all things. That was when she had been younger, and there had been less opportunities when she was a teenager to meet people her own age, trader as she was.

She watched the bloodied noble pick up her knife and then let her gaze drift over the rest of the students, thoughtfully bemused. Perhaps this was what life was like? Everyone was so full of life, it all seemed so strange and, not to mention, inefficient to her. What was the purpose of jumping over rooftops? At picking fights with other students? At creating unnecessarily frivolous roses? Remi was utterly baffled by these actions. There really was so much she didn't understand... She shook her head.

She turned her attention to the well-dressed figure seated nearby. Hm. At first glance she would of taken her to be female, but there was something about this androgynous person that prevented perceptive Remi from confirming her as so. "Is this typical behaviour for our peer group?" Remi asked, genuinely curious, though her voice was as neutral as always.

[/fieldbox]

Toshiro, after he was finally led into the dormitories, watched the crowds of people with apparent interest. There was quite a range of characters who were seemingly new to Voluptas also; Toshiro felt somewhat strange being amidst so many people; he was used to either his own company, or being with only a few people on a station wagon at the most.

Toshiro then recognized the three ladies he'd seen earlier, and smiled gently to himself when he saw the lavender-haired female holding the rose he'd left. Hopefully he'd offered some assistance to them, and anybody else who got a little lost in the confusing streets. Another female also caught Toshiro's eye; and she certainly dressed in an appealing fashion, with a crystal staff at her back. Toshiro didn't notice the secret of this 'female', and made a mental note to introduce himself to her later.

Toshiro was about to approach the trio of females he'd seen earlier, but came to calm stop as he watched a knife whizz through the air, and slash the cheek of the sword-wielding lady; the one who Toshiro had spotted being somewhat cruel to the lavender-haired one.
"Now, now... is this really necessary? We've only just arrived..." Toshiro said with a light smile, but already the two ladies were preparing to fight. It was a shame, because Toshiro was growing to like the knife-thrower for her pride and confidence, and she was a very able ranger; most likely a useful ally. But this was a fight Toshiro would be surprised if she'd come victorious from. Perhaps he'd get to see what the masked lady could do with her blade, on the bright side...

"Is this typical behaviour for our peer group?"

Toshiro decided now was a better time to introduce himself than ever, and slowly approached the group, his cane gently tapping against the ground as he offered a pleasant smile to the group of ladies. He hadn't taken a close look at the brown-haired female, but she certainly had a natural beauty about her, even if her speech was in somewhat of a curious monotone. Toshiro wondered if she was used to cities like this; perhaps she originated from the woods?
"I'm hoping somebody may step in to interfere with this battle. The cloaked girl doesn't like to be looked down upon; I met her on the way here... she's quite... feisty. And on top of that... we ran into some trouble on the way here." Toshiro paused, then looked at the lavender-haired girl, his lips forming into a wide yet calm and polite smile upon noticing she had the rose he left behind. Such graceful clothes... the female seemed to emit happiness and elegance at the same time. Perhaps she was... actually Toshiro didn't have a prediction as to what she could be. One of the more dexterous types?
"Oh, I see you found my rose. I was hoping it would catch attention for passers-by, but you're more than welcome to take it. It's fitting that a symbol of beauty fallen into your hands." Toshiro complimented the girl, ever-polite and casual in tone. Toshiro studied the girl's hair where it had been grabbed for a moment. "I saw that you got a little... harassed... by the masked lady you've been walking with. I suppose that means she's somewhat fiesty, too... I have a feeling neither of the ladies duelling will desire to give up." Toshiro leaned on his walking cane, looking at the two most likely about to face off. This fight would be interesting, but...

"It's a shame such rare beauty has to spill each other's blood." He mumbled, mostly to himself in case he was mistaken for over-romantic or perverted. Toshiro simply was appreciative of natural beauty, like how florists adored flowers - more... desirable... feelings towards women would be somewhat of a distraction to his goals.

"I forgot to introduce myself: Toshiro Zanzen, son of the deceased antimage Akabachi Zanzen. Whether you've heard of the family name or not, I hope we can all be acquaintances in the future." Toshiro said as he turned back around to the small group, bowing with a twirl of his treasured top hat, his cane delicately held in his other hand.

Willow was left flustered, and entirely unsure of what to do. She stood there, stunned- the girl was injured! Had she picked the fight that had gotten her hurt in the first place?- and slowly shifted back to the small original group. Was this what she had to expect here at the school? Violence ran rampant- though the steady chestnut haired girl who had come to her rescue seemed a reliable sort.

"Shouldn't we stop them...?"

Maybe this school wasn't such a good idea...

She was lost in thought when Toshiro approached, a small frown turning down the corners of her lips. She didn't fully register his words until after his elegant introduction, and her eyes automatically went to the rose in her hands.

"Oh! Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you'd- I mean, I'm sure it was an accident, but the rose was crushed. I stopped to try and re-make the sign... My hands?" Her expression changed, a slight angling of her brows and a tilting of her head. Why was it fitting that the rose fell into her hands...?

It was easy to see when the realization hit her. It was only a small compliment, but Willow immediately flushed. The red easily stood out on her cheeks as pale as her skin was- and she had to resist the urge to cover her cheeks with her hands and hide the sign of embarrassing flattery.

"I- maybe we should find someone to break them up...? I mean- she shouldn't be fighting with that injury," Stuttering now, Willow's cheeks only deepened in color. She quickly clammed up, metaphorically speaking of course, and dipped a swift but graceful curtsy. "Willow..."

[fieldbox=, silver, solid]
Trinket Littleheart

gGXNtikm.jpg
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Trinket Littleheart, silver, dashed]
"Aww, the battle's over, why so soon?" Trink smirked and jumped from the window, hitting the ground with his fists. He waited until the trio of people started to move again. He walked far behind, but close enough to watch where they were going. He saw them walk to the dormitory entrance. "Oh yeah, almost forgot." Trink had remembered that he was planning on joining the school. He wanted to work on his assassin skills, he was already amazing, but he needed to tweak and fine tune his skills. His pulled out his pass. Trink fixed up his shirt, for the first and probably last time he buttoned it up. Trink walked over, shoulders held high and nose towards the sky.
"Hello, I am Trinket Littleheart. Here is my pass." The guards looked at him, Trink was infamous in Voluptas. He was the blonde snake that hid in the shadows, causing havoc and annoyance. Trink cracked a smile, not able to hold onto his fake high class persona. One of the guards, took the pass and looked it over. "Trinket...ummm." Trink gave an awkward smirk, which in the turn the guard grabbed his arm. "If you try anything tricky in here, you will regret it." Trink gave a fake scared look. "I would never." The man grunted tagging Trink's card with a white mark. He shoved it in Trink's chest. "...Thanks." Trink walked into the entrance...thanks to his concealing magic he got from a "friend" the guards didn't see his bag full of assassin "things". It's good to have outlaw friends in the world.

[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Entering The Dormitory Building, silver, dotted]
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Trinket Littleheart, silver, dashed]
Trinket was amazed by the place, it was beautiful. Trink is a resident of Voluptas, but he has never been in this building. "Wow." Trink hasn't lived in the indoors for a long, long time. He almost started to tear up. "Come on Trink, man up!" He cleared his eyes and unbuttoned his shirt. Trink saw all different types of students in the building, they were short, tall, skinny, fat. A whole bunch of colorful people, here Trinket would not be called the blonde snake, or an outlaw. Trink could start a new life here, he would change his destiny.
While walking around, Trink noticed the hooded girl, she was bleeding from the head. "Ouch." Trink watched has she threw a knife at another girl. Trink started to laugh a little, this girl didn't stop did she. Trink and her would probably have a great time taking down people who tried to challenge them. Trink walked over to the group of girls and the high class royal, snobby fellow. He watched as the man charmed the lavender haired girl...Trink grinned, this guy.
Trink took of his hat, making a mocking bow. "Well, I am Trinket Littleheart. You might know my family's name or not, but who cares." Trinket couldn't believe people were really like this. He looked at Toshiro, then looked back towards the girls. "Let's see how far this fight goes before we jump in. We might get hit in the crossfire you know?" Trinket really just wanted to see a girl fight, it would be funny and exciting.

[/fieldbox]​
[/fieldbox]

Toshiro watched as the lavender hair girl went very red all of a sudden. Oh dear, was it something he said? Had he upset her? Either way, Toshiro was sure to not look worried, and keep the same smile nonetheless.

"Well, Willow, it's a pleasure." Toshiro said kindly - although he hadn't meant to make the poor thing embarrassed in front of everybody. Perhaps he should try to alter his speech in the future; it clearly wasn't a normal form of conversation around here. Toshiro wondered if it was starting to make him seem... creepy. Toshiro seemed distracted with the brown-haired woman and the well-dressed woman for a moment, before he shook his head. No more compliments... not for now at least.

"I fear that if we attempted to stop them, they may lash out at us and perhaps cause more injury or upset. It might be an idea to get a healer nearby; if things get out of hand... leave that to me. I'm unsure if you've heard of the Hirudo magical technique, but it shall essentially allow me to pacify one of them if needed. Whilst I too wish this fight wasn't going underway... the only course of action in my eyes is to let it happen." Toshiro mumbled, wondering what first move the two ladies would go for. He loved to make private bets with himself, but he honestly had no idea what the sword-wielder had in store for this battle.

Toshiro suddenly tensed up a little as heard a voice... were they trying to imitate him? Oh dear. He'd anticipated it was coming, but... one of... those... types... seemed to have approached. Toshiro quietly inhaled through his nostrils, doing his best not to lose his posture or polite smile as he watched the Littleheart boy with some curiosity.

DEAR. LORD. Was that his chest showing? This was even worse than Toshiro thought.

"Well, I am Trinket Littleheart. You might know my family's name or not, but who cares."
Well then, playing this game, are we? Toshiro thought to himself, but he cut off his train of thought before he began to get wound up. It didn't take a genius to show that this 'Trinket' was attempting to take the piss out of him, but Toshiro decided to maintain a polite smile, and bow at Trinket as if he didn't realise he was being mocked.

"It's an... honour... to meet you, Trinket. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard of the Littleheart family name."
Toshiro paused, examined Trinket's hat, and then gave a wide and smarmy smile.
"Are you a pirate? I'd love to see your ship sometime, if that could be arranged." Toshiro asked. Normally, this wouldn't have been much of an insult, but Toshiro entwined it with such a discreet amount of mocking that it was near impossible to tell whether he was being serious or not. When he wanted to, Toshiro could be extremely aggravating.

Even when she's minding her own business, misfortune seems to befall Aiko. She heard a knife whiz past her face, and instinctively jerked her head to the side so the projectile wouldn't lob her ear off. The warrior casually brought two fingers to her cheek, and they came back bloody.

*Aiko gains 5 Rage Points!
*Aiko takes damage (Math here)!

"I don't appreciate arrogance from a strange and untalented brute such as yourself. You kind of people already fill the streets of this city. How about you return their."

The message was clear: the gauntlet had been thrown down, and this already injured girl was trying to pick a fight with the most powerful fighter in the room thus far. I'm going to kill this bitch, Aiko concluded immediately, situating her mask completely on her face instead of off to the side. Without another word, she took off running after her challenger.

"Arrogant? Untalented? Who are you to label me as such? I don't appreciate liars and hypocrites, because all I see in front of me is a stunning endorsement for abortion. An abortion that is running away." Aiko already had enough with this girl, and picked up her pace to catch her. Aiko quickly found herself barreling into the marketplace, looking to face the girl that had dared to try and duel her

*For future reference
1st Phase: Aiko has the Mortal Draw status! Her next attack will have an increased crit chance!
2nd Phase: Aiko uses Assault Dive! (Base Power = 15, Stamina Cost = 15, Critical Hit Chance: 50%)
3rd Phase: Aiko passes phase
4th Phase: Aiko confirms choices

Reactions: Kes
Trinket Littleheart

gGXNtikm.jpg
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Trink, silver, dashed]
Trink thought the pompous boy's comeback was pretty cute. Trink is a cocky smart ass, not a prideful one. The little sarcastic comment didn't even phase him. "Oh I'm not a pirate good sir. I would love to see you do a magic trick though. Your a magician right? You do like magic?" Trink didn't know the difference between a mage and an antimage, he just thought it was a valid question to ask the man. The man could be a magician, he had a top hat for God's Sake.
Trink already knew that him and Toshiro wouldn't get along. "Other than Toshy here, it's nice to meet you all." Before Trink could ask for the other woman's name, the berserker chick ran after the knife thrower. "Hey, looks like the show is about to start!" Trink didn't wait for anyone to speak, he jumped on top of a building. He followed the girl, who ended finding the other girl. This was going to be great. "Man, I wish I had some popcorn right about now."
Trink saw the berserker take the first strike, he thought it was a bad move. You should always let your opponent go first, then you get to see their weaknesses and have a better opening. It wasn't him fighting, so he couldn't judge what the girl did. Berserkers are always going head first, they never take the time to learn their opponents moves and movement, which made them easy targets. "Now, let's see what little Knife Girl can do."

[/fieldbox]​
[/fieldbox]

-:Amber:-
Morning was a lovely time of day for Amber. The sun was shining, birds where chirping, and she always felt a renewed energy flow though her veins. This morning was especially lovely though, because her long journey had finally come to an end. She was almost at the gate of the school already. Smiling, Amber continued her path towards the school, her long muscles striding along the path. She could hear the common folk of the town whispering behind her, but it was no wonder to her. Amber still had the vague smell of coal and soot about her, and a she didn't really look all that fancy.

Amber was used to this by now. Every town she had passed gave the same thing. They had never seen a child like her, so filthy but with nothing to clean themselves. Unlike the commons folk of this town, in her town each and every house hold would have at the least one child working somewhere to scrape up money. Workers where paid meager amounts, and family's had to scrape up what they could for the hungry mouths of the family. Amber herself was no exception. She often went hungry for days to let her siblings eat, and she cut her sleeves off to make clothes for her siblings.

As Amber walked up to the school, she could hear a few voices form one area that seemed to have more chaos than good. Frowning, the young girl walked hurriedly over in that direction, her hair ruffling as she walked up to a pirate man, who seemed to be enjoying the fight that ensued. Skipping up behind him, the ragged girl tapped his shoulder, smiling at him. "Excuse me, but, what is going on?" She asked calmly.
@Shattered♦Secrets™

• Love
Reactions: Jakers and Justin
Cantalian took a deep sigh after seeing the masked warrior appear to her. She took a out fresh pair of knives to prepare for the battle. Seeing that her entrance was blocked she would to rely on surprise. She hide herself away from the warrior, Cantalian threw another knife at the warrior hoping to get another hit onto her. Cantalian was a at a distance, she took a deep breath and threw another knife at the student. The knife was aimed at cutting the leg muscle. Cantalian then ran again but her stamina was starting to drain from the pervious run. (- 2 Stamina ) Cantalian managed reach the north of the market before she nearly out of stamina. She would have to rest soon to recover her stamina and continue fighting against the girl. She took a rock and began sharpening her next knife to settle the melee once and for all. " I have act like i'm trying to kill her. Perhaps I picked a fight with the wrong type of person this time. " Cantalian said to herself.

Calculations for the first attack:

(3) - ( 2 x .01 ) x .40 x 3) = 3 - .24 = 2.76
( 2.76 x 1.4 ) = 3.87 ( 3.87 x .01 x 2.76 ) = 1.07
( 1.07 + 2.76 ) = 3.83 Damage

Bonuses : Noble Blood - 20 % ( No health reduction since Cantalian was already bleeding )
Great Pride 20 % ( Passive )

Net Bonus : 40%

Modifer: 1.4x

Caluclations for second attack: Sta costs (7)

(7) - ( 2 x .01 ) x .40 x 7) = 7 - .56 = 6.44
( 6.44 x 1.2 ) = 7.73 ( 7.73 x .01 x 6.44 ) = 4.98
( 4.98 + 7) = 11.98 Damage

Bonuses: Great Pride 20% (Passive)

Modifer: 1.2x

Total Damge for Aiko : 11.98 + 3.83 = 15.81 Damage

Toshiro's smile only increased at the Littleheart boy's words. He was a Trickster, meaning that he did indeed specialise in magic tricks. Toshiro also wondered why the boy was dressed in such a... breezy... manner if he wasn't a pirate. Perhaps he was a rogue? Either way, Toshiro proceeded to answer the boy's question.

"But of course - I adore magic. The Zanzen family line, not that you'd know, specialises in magic, be it mere tricks or neutralising enemies." Toshiro said matter-of-factly. He then leaned forward, reached behind Trinket's ear, and with a little hint of magic, produced a bright bluebell from thin air, before giving a smug chuckle to himself and discarding the flower.

"-all I see in front of me is a stunning endorsement for abortion. An abortion that is running away."

Blinking, Toshiro was wiped out of his thought of Trinket as he heard an extremely offensive insult be spat from the masked girl. He'd heard some profound language before, but bringing abortions into an insult? For a moment, Toshiro actually lost his smile at this, and winced a little in disgust. From where he came from, an insult like that would make people not want to speak to you for years. That sword-wielding lady was trouble. Seemingly distracted for a moment, Toshiro looked back to Trinket and did his best to pick up from where he left.

"It'd be a... pleasure... to demonstrate some of my other tricks to you someday... and please consider doing up your shirt someday, 'Sir.'" Toshiro added. He watched as Trinket turned away to watch the battle... he acted as if he were going to the theatre, but did he even see the seriousness of the situation? He thoroughly disliked this cocky child - of course there had to be somebody like that in the mix of students in Voluptas. He was just jealous, Toshiro told himself.

"Please excuse me. I shall ensure no casualties will come of this fight. Unless you wish to join me, I hope to see you again soon. Oh - here,,." Toshiro said, bending over to the somewhat crumpled rose in Willow's hands, and making it in pristine condition once more - but this time the rose was a pretty shade of pink. With a brief smile, Toshiro turned and began to follow the two battling ladies with surprising speed; when Toshiro wanted to sprint, he was quicker than most people would have thought for a well-dressed, physically-weak looking individual. Toshiro was sure to stick to the streets, away from that 'Trinket' fellow's direction. Well - it wasn't like Toshiro could jump atop a building anyway - but still.

Toshiro was sure to stay hidden whilst following the two ladies; he didn't wish to interrupt their duel, or distract them in any way. Finally catching up with them, Toshiro was certainly beginning to see the sword fighter's 'all-in' kind of attitude. Just when Toshiro thought the knife-thrower would be ended in one strike, the knife-thrower delivered a melee attack with surprising power. Toshiro lifted an appreciative eyebrow - that was a very good move. She'd empowered the knife as much as possible, and delivered quite a bit of damage. Whilst Toshiro didn't really want to see either of the ladies fight and kill each other like this, at least the knife-thrower would go down fighting if she lost.

Toshiro didn't like taking sides, but... he was rooting for the knife-thrower to come out victorious. Her pride may have been unnecessarily high, but she'd helped Toshiro get to the dormitories, after all, and she seemed to have a slightly friendly side when she wished to show it. The sword-wielder just seemed... well... unless Toshiro was mistaken - evil. Perhaps he was just jumping to conclusions, he hadn't seen how the fight even started between the two girls in the first place... after this battle was over, perhaps he would try and see what the sword-wielder was really like.

Sighing, Toshiro leant against a wall as he kept an eye on the battle, tipping the top hat over his yellowed eyes for a moment.
"Good grief. The first day, and already people are at each other's throats..." He mumbled, wiping a speck of dirt from his blazer.

Aiko's body moved on instinct. The first knife still managed to cut her shoulder, but she was able to prevent it from sticking into her completely. She didn't have enough time to react to the second blade until it had already swiped a gash into her thigh. Knives hurt, the masked warrior reminded herself as the knife thrower continued to run away. She's not going to fight me directly, but she doesn't have the energy to keep running. All I have to do is hit her once...

If Aiko actually lost to this girl, the person she'd be the angriest at would be herself. You're so weak, Aiko, she chastised as the masked woman continued to walk after her prey, Not even able to finish off a wounded, spoiled, sniveling noble brat. And you call yourself a warrior! Now truly angry, yet maintaining control over herself, Aiko turned all of her focus to the iris-haired noble. "You..." she growled, "Are you going to hit me again? Throw another knife, I implore you. You've hit your mark three times already, what more is a fourth?" She took a fighting stance, placing her hands on her blade but did not yet draw it. It is a style that is virtually unheard of in these parts, and even Aiko herself could not remember where or when she learned it. The silver-haired student was going to make full use of it here and now. This girl had nowhere else to run, and that means no more free hits for her. This ends here.

"You want me to return to the filthy streets I dug myself out of? Make me. Go on! Live up to your title and blood; strike me down and prove your unquestionable superiority right here."

Reactions: Jakers
Cantalian saw that the student still had plently of fight with her. " This isn't good. I'm running low on stamina. Another attack won't kill her at this point." she said to herself. The student tried to taunt Cantalian, but this time she was more cautious towards her careful not to reveal her position. Instead Cantalian decided to rest while Aiko went through the market.

Cantalian uses Rest!
Cantalian Passes Phase
Cantalian Passes Phase
Cantalian confirms her choices.

"This person is too persistent, she'll be a torn on my side unless I put her back in place." Cantalian took a deep breathe still revovering her stamina. She couldn't move for awhile until she had gained energy to continue her hit-and-run tactics. " The only way to stop her is to kill her."

Trinket Littleheart

gGXNtikm.jpg
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Trink, silver, dashed]
Trink was so into the fight, that he didn't notice a girl was coming up from behind him. When she tapped his shoulder, he jumped around. He fell into his fighting stance, it was a subconscious thing. When Trink realized it was a girl, he straighten up. He then took a moment to let everything register. "Wo Baby! Your beautiful!" Trink's eyes popped out of his head like a cartoon character. This girl, she was sexy everything about her. Her outfit showed some skin, which is always appreciative. "I mean...those two girls are fighting. The one with the cloak, she threw knives at the girl with the sword. The sword wielder is a bit crazy, I can already tell."
Trink turned to see the cloaked girl, she started to rest. Trink hopped that she didn't take to much time. That berserker girl, she is a loose cannon, she might just rip the other girl's head off right about now. "I'm Trink by the way." While still watching the fight, Trink introduced himself to the hot girl. "That whole outburst was not on purpose. I just never seen a girl as hot as you before." Trink smirked in the girl's direction. She was really pretty, like super pretty.
"Hey who do you think is going to win? I think the cloak girl, if she gets enough time to rest and recharge her stamina that is." Trink was like a little kid at their first Carnival, he was giddy and excited. Usually Trink is the one in a battle, he rarely gets to watch one. This battle would hopefully be one to talk about, if it wasn't Trink would have to have is own battle. Maybe he'll start a fight with Toshy, that would be fun.

[/fieldbox]@IceQueen
[/fieldbox]

• Love
(I'm so so sorry for letting you all down, but you're going to have to rp me out of the thread, at least for now. Things have got real busy in my life and I won't be able to post that often at all, sorry for the inconvenience.)

She can't hide for long, Aiko thought, scanning the markets for the iris-haired markswoman. This ends here. She had been denied long enough. The knife-thrower was crafty though, and hard to catch, until...

"This isn't good. I'm running low on stamina. Another attack won't kill her at this point."

Is she... talking to herself? Perfect. Drowning out all other noise and distraction, Aiko zeroed in on the noble's voice. That's it, she encouraged, continuing her creep, Keep talking.

"This person is too persistent, she'll be a thorn on my side unless I put her back in place. The only way to stop her is to kill her."

"Sorry," Aiko drew and slashed her sword at her enemy in one clean motion, "but I don't plan on dying."

Aiko uses Savagery!
Base Power = 10
Angry! Status Modifier = +20% Base Power
Total Base Damage = 12
Mortal Draw Critical Hit Chance = 55%
Stamina Cost = 5

Aiko Passes all other phases

Cantalian was about to throw the next knife when the student had suddenly appeared with her blade. Cantlaian step back back but the blade had hit its mark. The strike had ripped through the cloak's fabric, as a large cut was struck into Cantalian's side. She felt a rush of warm blood come out of the wound forcing her to cover it. "A barbarian had already surpassed me." Cantalian quickly fainted and hit the ground, the right side of the cloak was bright red from Cantalian's blood as it leaked slowly into the streets. Her knife that she was carrying hit the ground and rattled slightly.Utterly defeat by the masked warrior, Cantalian's pride had been brutally shattered by the fight.

In the duration of the fight the market had been devasted from the fight Most of the goods had been scattered across the floor while the carts were smashed. The people had scattered when Aiko and Cantalian had took out their weapons to fight. One of the merchants hid between a barrel, he stood up after Aiko had defeat Cantalian. " G-Get out! Before I call the guards you vagabond!" he nervously shouted out. The merchant ran away frantically and tripped a few times before he got out droping some money. Meanwhile, a group of five heavily guards were walking down the street. It would be a few minutes before they arrived.

( Sorry for the lack of post length. I'm struggling with having enough creativity. )

Toshiro winced, hiding his eyes with his top hat after the sword-wielder had delivered the inevitable final blow. It was a brutal strike, and soon the knife-thrower fainted. Toshiro was highly considering interfering with the fight, but he'd hoped something like this wouldn't happen. As it turned out, it did. Was the knife-thrower dead? No - surely not - the masked woman hadn't struck the knife-thrower in the heart of anything of the like. But the knife-thrower needed medical attention immediately... come to think of it, so did the sword-wielder; the knife-thrower had landed some powerful blows.

Stepping out from his hiding place, Toshiro hurried to the bleeding knife-thrower, stepping over the various things the ladies had knocked over in the market. People fled, and Toshiro wondered if any of them even considered helping out the two injured ladies, even if they'd been the ones to cause the majority of each other's injuries. Making himself visible to the masked lady, Toshiro gave a both polite yet serious look to her behind his fancy and very neat clothing.
"I'm not here to attack you, I'm merely here to make sure no more trouble comes of this already foolish battle. Toshiro Zanzen; I came in with your... opponent... here." He said plainly, wiping his blazer before examining the masked lady's wounds carefully, then looking towards the oncoming guards and, biting his lip. "You need to get out of here this instant, the guards won't like this whatsoever. I understand you were engaged in a duel, but..." Toshiro paused. No, he didn't know how the duel started - he couldn't accuse anyone of anything here, he merely wished for the two ladies to not be attacking each other and get to safety. Nobody deserved to be imprisoned or slain on their first day at a new beginning.
"I'll ensure the guards don't complicate things - now go, quickly, before the guards are onto you!" Toshiro said with a stern voice, his face expressionless. He felt like poking a tiger by giving orders to such a dangerous and most likely easily angered female; hopefully she wouldn't be stubborn enough to not listen. Toshiro had an idea to distract the guards from the reality of the situation.

Approaching the bleeding knife-thrower, Toshiro looked over the bleeding girl. It was such a shame this had to happen... but... knowing the knife-thrower's sense of pride, she'd probably been asking for this. Toshiro couldn't even imagine how awful she would feel when she awoken. To be taken down in one strike like that... it must have been simply awful. He wished he could do something to make her feel better, but for now, all he could really do was get her to safety. Just in case, Toshiro checked her pulse. She was indeed still alive. Whilst Toshiro didn't have the rights to go and buy medical equipment, he had an idea how he could at least get other people to help when he couldn't.

~~~

Waiting until the witnesses of the event had fled the scene and the guards had come into action, Toshiro instantly began to act very convincingly. He pretended to be distraught, gasping over the body of the knife-thrower when the guards came into view. Easily faking tears, Toshiro looked up at the guards, scrambling up to them as if somebody he knew very closely had been attacked.

"Guards! Quickly, over here...! A thief... they - " Toshiro paused for effect, his display very convincing to the unknowing guards, unless they were very intuitive.
"A thief came out of nowhere; threatened an innocent merchant for his money o-or his life...!" Toshiro choked, smartly pointing to the money the merchant had dropped when he'd ran away. "They were about to take it from the merchant by force... b-but... my Sister.. s-she tried to stop the thief... a-and then... they attacked her, then ran off in that direction before anyone could see their face...!" Toshiro, acting flustered, pointed in the opposite direction to wherever the masked lady had ran (if she'd ran at all, if Aiko chooses not to run I'll edit this part of the post completely.)

Toshiro looked up at the guards with begging eyes.

"Please... i-if any of you know a healer, or have a health potion, money to buy something - anything to help her. I would, but I'm new in Voluptas... I-I can't access shops...!" Toshiro knelt by the knife-thrower, hanging his head and covering his teary eyes with his top hat. God, this hurt his pride - looking like an actual, helpless, snivelling brat when in his mind he was more than calm to the situation. But looking weak was the first key to sympathy of others... unless everybody in this damned town didn't care about such things. In that case, Toshiro had a backup plan...
"Please do something... she's my Sister... and she's the most lovely person in the world... s-she only tried to protect the merchant, and now, she might bleed to death...!" Toshiro continued. At this point, the only thing that could ruin his act here was a passer-by who saw the knife-thrower's real personality in battle. If everything went as Toshiro planned it, without a bystander pointing out what had really happened in the market, not only would the knife-thrower be healed, but the sword-wielder would be able to escape without the guards on her back.

Toshiro planned to cover up this whole thing... it was such a tedious act for his first day in Voluptas, and somewhat humiliating that he had to act like a crying boy, but in his eyes, it was the best way to keep everyone of trouble. Toshiro just hoped none of the students were watching his display, and mistaken him for an actual crybaby rather than a good actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.