Pantheon - Mortal

Character Name: Zeb'yulon Herringbone
Species/Race: Half-orc (half-human)
Deity: Sophie

General Appearance: A full complement of dark indigo, human-like hair covers his head, cropped to a comfortably short length. Tall, thin and lanky, he makes up for his seeming lack of physical strength with a certain determination of will apparent in his expression and in the way he carries himself. The slender contours of his face and his pale green skin look healthier and more youthful than expected for someone with orc blood in their veins. He usually wears simple robes indicative of his medical profession.

Strengths: Zeb, as he is known by friends and family, is a skilled healer and medical scholar. Highly empathetic, he is usually able to diagnose what ails his patients by laying on his hands and visualizing their energy flows, easing their pain by joining the energy flows in the patient's body with his own. Because of the physical demands of such healing, he maintains himself in excellent health as well, eating a nutritious vegetarian diet and performing light fitness training at the crack of dawn every morning. He is highly coordinated, precise and meticulous in his work as well as his thinking, as needed of any medical doctor.

Weaknesses: Born as he was to a family of pacifists, Zeb lacks hand-to-hand fighting ability of any kind, and more importantly, does not have the nerve to hurt another living being. The only weapon training he has is with the bow and arrow - with which he is somewhat accurate, but not when firing against living organisms or moving targets; rather, he is only able to hit inanimate objects with great precision if necessary.

Talents: Zeb absorbs facts and figures like a sponge, especially as related to the medical profession, and is able to make on-the-fly calculations in his head with great speed. He spends his spare time reading ancient and contemporary texts, and thus has built an excellent understanding of Terran literature and philosophy of all cultures.

Inabilities: Prone to bouts of anxiety, Zeb is not good at working under pressure. As urgency and pressure increase, his ability to concentrate and perform well are severely impacted. A worrier at heart, he always wants to feel in control of the situation - if this isn't possible, his empathetic and healing abilities begin to falter.

Fears: Failure.

General History: During the Golden Age of Terra when the Pantheon of Gods ruled from on high, orcs and humans lived together in relative peace the northern city-state of Volistadt. As the disappearance of the gods came to light and the godless dark age began, the forces of chaos began to spread, leading to distrust, and eventually outright war between the races that were once each others' neighbors, family and friends. His parents were killed in the purges. Zeb'yulon and his younger sister, as members of a mixed-race family, were not welcome in either society and didn't take either side in the violent conflicts that gripped the kingdom - instead, they retreated to the countryside with other peace-seeking members of society and devoted themselves to caring for the sick, injured and cast-out among both sides. Turning away from his orcish brethren and their devotion to Con Brio's flights of music-fueled passion, Zeb'yulon found inspiration in Sophie, goddess of wisdom and tranquility - representing the wishes he has for his god-forsaken world.

Present Life: An itinerant healer and scholar, Zeb has devoted his life to the service of the less fortunate and to his healing craft. He was surprised to receive the summons to the great city of Dosgear, and hopes to be able to plead the case of the forgotten refugees of the Terran wars when he meets the engmatic Vizier of Dosgear.

WHERE DID YOU POOF THIS TIME!? Or are you still having interweb problems.

You're keeping a tighter leash on Frostyloves than I am.... hahaha...
Don't worry about it, he knows I'll slowly begin to erode his hopes and dreams if he up and abandons again. Have a little faith in lazy Frostybums <3

Yes. Only two days. I've got this crazy thing called a 'life' that keeps me from posting every single day, TnT. Considering that my last "poof" was from not being able to afford internet, you'd think that having me actually go out and make money so that I can stay online would be a good thing.

As well as making sure everyone has the chance to make a post for their character every once in a while, which is quite nice, I hear.

There. End of peeved rant.

In any case, Vizier Richter closed the door behind you all and suddenly appeared out of a doorway on the other end of the hall, if that's unclear.

I postedededed~!

Nobody else is going to post in-between? This makes me sadface. Thank you to Vay and Zy for posting!

The rest of you should be ashamed.

...i'll take that as a joke and dial down the rage 8)

i may or may not post tonight regarding Valkiar.

leaning more towards will, but at the moment my muse is bieng a flighty bitch, causing me no end of rage (i dont even do that much drawing anymore)

'Twas a joke, so I'm happy 'bout the rage-dimmer.
Thank yoooou for considering posting. I'll probably try and do a Richter post later, if possible.

Is recruitment still open? I think I have time to join one RP now. :)

WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT,

dark magician girl is frostybro? MON DIEU!

sorry dude! i woulda figured you were joking and then wouldnae come off quite so browbeaty had i known!

in reperations, i shall fight the muse and deliver a Valkiar post!

...Okay, I'd like to know why my RP is locked now. <_<

I guess posts are on hold until that's dealt with.

Yeah, I'm cross-dressing this Hallow's Eve. Mostly because it's confusing the pike out of everyone.

Cel, seems I'll have to figure out why in the world my thread's locked 'fore I can accept more characters.

Ees unlocked!

AAAHHH I need to read and post!

Sorry, Frosty. I'll get it done.