Pancake Tuesday: Tell us your stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arcadia

Original poster
Today was Pancake Tuesday, also known in actuality as Shrove Tuesday on the religious calendar, a day when people use the last of their eggs and milk traditionally, before Lent! Tell us what pancakes you usually make on Pancake Tuseday, what condiments you use, and any funny stories you had that occurred on Pancake Tuesday!

I've never heard of Shrove Tuesday before, but after looking it up, I found out that it coincides with Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, which is also today. Here in Sweden we celebrate that by eating "Semlor", a word derived from the Latin "simila", which means finely ground wheat flour, and pastries baked with such flour. It looks like this:

semlor.jpg

And consists of a cardamom-flavoured bun, a filling of almond paste and whipped cream, topped with powdered sugar. It's like a sweet hamburger.

I've never heard of Shrove Tuesday before, but after looking it up, I found out that it coincides with Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, which is also today. Here in Sweden we celebrate that by eating "Semlor", a word derived from the Latin "simila", which means finely ground wheat flour, and pastries baked with such flour. It looks like this:

semlor.jpg

And consists of a cardamom-flavoured bun, a filling of almond paste and whipped cream, topped with powdered sugar. It's like a sweet hamburger.
Looks delicious! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.