Pack Lands

As three of their number padded out of the quickly crowding cave, Nova felt a wave of warmth wash over her. It was uncanny that there were so many lonely wolves in this area, but their need unified and strengthened them. She had no doubt that no matter what they faced, the bonds of trust she already felt between them would be difficult to bend.

Belly full and heavy from the fresh meal, Nova yawned and then shook her head. She stood and repositioned herself so that she was lying next to Loki with the pups tucked warmly between them. Her tail waved contentedly as she rested her head against his strong shoulder. "I hope you don't mind." She whispered, venturing to make eye contact with him. "I feel very safe near you."

shade reached his shallow cave and laid down the snow had started to come down faster h shivered a bit and closed his eyes and waited for dawn

Loki felt Nova's weight against him and looked down at her, ears back slightly in a relaxed way. "Not at all." He barked softly, licking her ear.

fang turned around "lets get back to the den" he began walking back up to the den. once he reahed the den he laid down by the door again prepared to fight if another unknown wolf gets too close.

Melantha followed Fang back into the cave, and laid down next to the cave wall, thankful for something she could cool down with.

Shade could feel his body freezing. he closed his eyes tighter and curled up tighter shivering violently

The brown wolf limped through the mountains. She couldn't even call herself a wolf technically. She was still a pup, only having just started following the pack's hunts. The hunt just happened to fall in the wrong area of a stampede. Brown fur could be seen clearly as she neared the snowy trails. The small wolf was lost, terribly so. She had run away from the pack, almost all dead. Now she was stuck in the mountains, unsure how to hunt or where to go. She needed a pack, wanted a pack, but one in the mountains was highly unlikely.

Rain, as the other wolves had named her, was a runt. The runt of the litter surviving while the other brothers and sisters were slowly picked off was just pure luck. Sometimes the pack had considered calling her Lucky because of how she had survived. A small howl left the pup. Maybe someone, anyone would hear her. She kept moving, shaggy brown fur covering her growing frame. Her brown eyes seemed desperate. Many would be in her situation. Another howl filled the air, this one a bit stronger than the first. Rain shook her head. She had to keep moving, just keep moving.

Clem felt another presence in the mountain. She left the den quietly and took a deep smell of the mountain, taking in all of the scents. A wounded pup caught her nose and she let out a short howl. She looked to the moon dazzling in the sky. It wasn't full but for some reason so many wolves were coming to the mountain these past few days. Perhaps word traveled about the bountiful food. Perhaps the news of the monsters up here didn't travel.

She padded across the snow, letting out another short howl the closer she got to the pup. She finally found it and ran toward it. She looked down at it, noticing it in pain. "Calm down, I will take you to safety." She whispered and grabbed the pup by the scruff of the neck. She held the pup close as she ran back to the den. She placed her down, looking at the other wolves around. "What pack are you from?" She questioned, laying beside to pup to warm her up.

"My name is Clem. I am the Alpha of this pack. I will keep you safe."

As soon as the Alpha found her, Rain curled up. "Orion." She told the Alpha, trusting her instantly. "The others were attacked, I escaped... I'm Rain." She told the Alpha, keeping her muzzle down and her tail in between her legs. It was how she was taught to treat an Alpha. Show complete and utter respect, keep quiet unless talked to. She just stumbled on the Alpha and the pack. She hadn't meant to intrude. She'd be gone by morning if need be. A small whine escaped the pup as her torn ear twitched. She had a few scratches here and there, but otherwise she seemed fine.

Clem gently licked the wounds, healing them slowly. "It is okay, no need to be shy." She laughed. "I am not like other Alphas. I don't need utter respect, actually I like when people challenge my authority. It makes me think how I can make myself better." She continued to lick the small pups cuts. She looked around at the other wolves in the pack, still not realizing that it had been so quick that this pack had been made.

"Are you okay, though? I mean it sounds terrible. That is what happened to my old pack." She whispered.

The small pup whined as the wounds stung. "Omegas respect the alphas." She said, wincing as she tucked in her front right leg. It was twisted, but other than that it was fine. "I... I'm..." Rain tried to reply, curling up more. Her parents were gone. Her brothers and sisters, her alphas, all dead. She whimpered, looking around at the other wolves. They had a pack, they were a pack. She had nothing. "I... I want my mama and papa." She whispered, tears making her fur wet. The wolves, most looked nothing like her. They were blacks and whites, she was dirty brown. Proof of her omega status in her opinion. Her last alpha was a white wolf, he had hated her. Born during the rain, always howling when the rain came, always the runt.

Shade left his shallow cave and saw the two wolfs and saw the pup curled and hiss eyes widened and walked closer "are you two ok?" his voice was sincere yet firm and his black fir made a imprint on the snow as if it lingered fro where his shadow was

She nuzzled the little pup, pulling her close. "Shh, it is okay." She stopped licking her. "It is okay. You have a new family now. We will look for your family okay?" She cuddled the pup, looking up at the wolf who had come over.

"Yeah. She lost her family. I think she just needs some love." Clem looked down at the pup again, wishing she could do more for the small pup. "The rules are a little different here, little one. You don't have to be super respectful. Just be you okay?" She licked the top of the pups head, slicking her hair up into a mohawk. Clem let out a small laugh.

he sat near them but not to close " if she need help back I can carry her I mean its only thing I ever did back at the lake side"

Rain used her paws to get her fur to lay back down, scrunching up her nose as she did. The pup froze up when the new wolf came, trying to curl up more so she wouldn't be seen. The alpha said they would find her family. They couldn't find something already gone. The brown wolf was just about ready to hide. She was glad the alpha was keeping her warm though. It made her feel a bit safer than being out on her own.

"ive scared her...." he stood " I should leave..." he turned and started to walk back to his shallow cave

"No, you are fine. She is just scared." She said quietly to the wolf. She licked the top of the pups head and yawned. "Today has been exhausting." She stretched and laid down, still holding the small pup close to her chest. She looked around at the den, letting out a short howl as the sun began to hide behind the mountains, the moon brightening up the dark sky.

"if you say so." he sat back down "im shade"

Rain looked around at the adults, feeling extremely out of place. She looked up at Clem, wondering why she kept her so close. "When do you want me to leave?" The pup asked, looking up with innocent brown eyes. "And is he part of your pack? I-if I can ask..." She felt very nervous. She had never been so forward with an alpha before. If she had tried that with her previous alpha, she would have been bitten or worse. Moving, she whined a bit as her front leg started to ache. She was tired, hungry, scared, and in a place she didn't know. The alpha was nice, but she would rather be back with her own pack.

"You are free to leave whenever you wish." She said to the pup. She looked up at the wolf and nodded. "Nice to meet you. I am Clem. Would it be terribly inconvenient if I asked you to help me get some food for the pack?" She cocked her head to the side slightly. Perhaps he would be a good hunter, if not she could show him. She looked down at the pup. "Don't worry, I will be back soon. The elks are moving now, like they do every night. It will be an easy hunt."