TESTING pɐǝɹɥʇ | ʇsǝʇ

CYBERPUNK:
Night City Chronicles
FAQs:

> So how do you roll on Iwaku?
Dice rolls are available when you go to edit your post. You can select the number of faces - e.g 10 for a d10, and how many dice you want to roll, e.g 2d10. Maybe making an action is something you want to do in the middle of your post. In those cases, I'll permit dice rolls in Discord. All dice rolls for players should be made publicly. While I usually prefer to roll GM rolls 'behind the screen' or privately, I'm happy to roll out in the open too.

> I DON'T LIKE MATH ABSINTHE
Can I tell you a secret. Neither do I. The math needed to play dice based RPs- or at least, this one - is pretty straightforward. We'll be using almost exclusively d10 and d6, with only a single modifier to add to it. But I'm happy to recommend tools, or grab a bot for Discord if that makes it even easier for you!

> What's happened to the other roles?
If you've played RED, or done the reading, you might notice that there's a couple of classes or roles not mentioned in the intro posts. This is not an oversight. To save myself having to write more and more and more lore, and to keep things simpler for me as a GM and for new players, I've reduced the number of roles available. I have my reasons, chief amongst them is that most require an in-depth knowledge of the world to play well, and/or have the potential to derail the thread in a negative fashion. I'm one woman who works full time and DMs a tabletop version - I do not have the mental bandwidth to corral rogue Fixers, bleeding heart Execs or corrupt Media. I may reconsider this at a later point.
> I want to play V/David Martinez/Panam/Silverhand/Rogue...
The events of this RP are set about thirty years prior to the events of Edgerunners and 2077, in the Time of the Red. A good chunk of the cast of 77 are not born, or still in diapers. Silverhand is dead, and the likes of Kerry Eurodyne and Rogue have better things to be doing than hanging out with a street rat nobody like you. Please stick to your own original, brilliant, non canon characters.

> So, I have this great idea...
Awesome, let me hear it!

From plot ideas, to witty Screamsheet headlines, to wacky and wonderful NPCs - please, please shoot me a DM! I can't promise I'll always add them in, but I'd love to hear you out. This goes doubly if you have a problem with a judgement or call from myself, or if you're having trouble fitting your character into a scene. I'm happy to break down my reasons, and as long as you're respectful, I might be willing to reconsider a decision or allow a re-roll with the additional context.

Last edited:
CYBERPUNK:
Night City Chronicles
Rules

A Message from your GM

Respect and Courtesy:
Treat others with respect and kindness. Avoid personal attacks, harassment, or discriminatory behavior based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

Use appropriate language and tone when communicating with others. Assume positive intent where you can, but obvious bad behavior will result in warnings and possible bans.

Resolve conflicts in a calm and constructive manner. Encourage open dialogue and understanding.

Roleplay Etiquette:
Stay true to your character's abilities, limitations, and the RP world's established rules. Some dice rolling will be included in this RP. Ability check failures are a part of life, and make for equally fun action. Embrace the fails!

Avoid metagaming (using out-of-character knowledge in character interactions) or power-gaming (unfairly maximizing character abilities) unless previously discussed with the GM and other involved players.

Give other players opportunities to participate and contribute to the RP. Avoid monopolizing the spotlight - this is an ensemble cast of characters, after all!

Content and Language:
Keep discussions and content within appropriate boundaries. This is a red star RP with mature topics, including but not limited to violence, drug use, and potentially sexually suggestive content. Please exercise common sense when it comes to these boundaries, and when in doubt, please check in with myself or the rest of the party.

Clearly label and use content warnings (CWs) for sensitive or triggering topics that might be included in RP threads or discussions.

Strong language will be used IC and likely OOC, please be advised. However, the use of slurs or other inflammatory or derogatory language, IC or OOC, will not be tolerated.

It's hard to avoid politics in cyberpunk. However, please refrain from OOC political discussion.

No Spam or Advertisement:
Do not spam or flood the server/forum with excessive messages or unnecessary content.

We love to hear about what you're doing, but please avoid sharing your links to socials/stores/servers unless asked.

Stay On-Topic:
Try to keep discussions and interactions related to the RP and relevant channels and threads on both Iwaku and Discord. Avoid derailing conversations or disrupting the flow of RP threads.

Moderation and Disputes:
Follow the instructions of the GM, currently yours truly.

Disputes or concerns should be brought to my attention respectfully and privately. Constructive feedback (e.g "I think you could do better at X, it's making things not so fun for me.", "I feel like my character has been left out of scene A" or "This thing Y that you're doing is making me uncomfortable,") is welcomed and encouraged! Rants, pointless complaining or general trolling will not.

Do not engage in public arguments or create unnecessary drama.

Expectations: Activity
By joining this RP, you're committing to one post, per active character, per week. You will have a week's grace period on your first offense, and after that, you will earn strikes for every post missed. If your character is blocking any others, I will move/remove them from the scene in the least disruptive manner possible. Three strikes without an excuse will result in being asked to leave the RP until such a time when you can commit.

However, I do appreciate that life (and vacations!) happen. If you're expecting to be away longer for a week, for any reason at all, please drop the party a line in the #member-announcements channel of Discord or give me a quick DM. In cases like these, please try to make sure your character isn't blocking anyone else's interactions.

Members are welcome to take a hiatus if they can remove their characters from active scenes.

Expectations: Posting
You are also expected to maintain a high quality level of posting. A high quality post to me includes the following.

- Respond to the situation, and give the rest of your crew something to react to. Edgerunners don't make it very far by sitting around, trying to mysterious at a bar and waiting for the world to come to them. Go find your fellow players, make friends, make contacts. Grab the world by the horns.

- If you don't already use a text editor, I recommend using one such as Google Docs or LibreOffice. Not only does this allow you to have an offline copy of your post that is less likely to be erased by accident - it's happened to all of us! - they often feature spelling and grammar checkers. I don't expect perfection every time, but I appreciate you making your post as easy to read as possible!

- CSS fancy post styling is not a requirement. If you are planning to use it for your regular posts, however please check that it works fully on mobile! There are some pretty popular templates out there that cut text off, or that stretch the page out on mobile. If you need a hand adjusting a template - let me know!

Character Creation:
This will not be a first come, first served affair. You will be admitted to the RP based on your character sheet. As GM I reserve the right to ask you modify or adjust certain aspects of your character or character sheet before joining. If you'd like to join, but the sheet is a little overwhelming, give me a ping and I'll be happy to help get you sorted!

Every character is this world has their own tragic backstory with dead friends, lovers, parents and family. Everyone is carrying some level of trauma. You're living in a dystopian city that had a nuclear explosion devastate the city center in the recent past. This does not make your character special in this setting, and failure to adapt to these circumstances will have gotten your character killed.

Accountability and Consequences:
Understand that actions have consequences, both IC and OOC. If you act like a standoff-ish jerk, NPCs and potentially other player characters may react in accordance with that. For example, if you're rude to a Fixer, then don't expect to get jobs from them in the future. If you threaten the wrong suit, then you might end up with Militech breathing down your neck. Keep inserting cyberware, and you risk cyber psychosis. From an OOC perspective, violations of the rules may result in warnings, temporary or permanent bans, or other appropriate actions.

By joining this server, you're also agreeing that you're familiar with the world of Cyberpunk RED, or at least that you're willing to read up and learn about it before getting stuck in! This is not quite the same world as portrayed in Cyberpunk 2077 and Edgerunners. Please don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for more resources. If you don't want to ask a question in a public channel or thread, feel free to ping or DM me!

Default_David_E_Spears_is_a_distinguished_figure_with_graying_3.jpg

Elena Allen
location: the forest - interaction: just some werewolf - status: sated
Elena sighed in exasperation, her frustration mounting with each passing moment. The triviality of their discussions astounded her. Despite the potential war, her father and his councilors were consumed with frivolous matters. An impending ball, a mere distraction from the pressing matters at hand, consumed their attention.

She had hoped that her father, being a vampire with centuries of wisdom, would prioritize the safety and well-being of their kingdom over petty politics. But even immortality couldn't grant him the clarity of perspective she had anticipated.

The lycanthropes, their neighboring rivals, had extended an olive branch, albeit a feeble one. It was a chance to negotiate, to find a peaceful resolution and prevent unnecessary bloodshed. But instead of seizing the opportunity, her father and his court were engrossed in discussions about courtly manners and social appearances.

It was a stark reminder of Elena's own predicament, the constant pressure to find a suitable suitor. It was not an issue for the vampiric princess. She would only marry when she was good and ready, with someone she deemed suitable. The opinions of the court could be damned. It wasn't a view shared by many, and she couldn't help but feel a growing sense of disillusionment with the priorities of her father and his council.

She yearned for a leader who rose above politics and prioritized the kingdom's well-being. But such a leader was elusive, lost amidst the sea of prideful old men and their pointless arguments. She had a rational and level-headed sister who didn't let ego influence her. A flawless leader, except for not being born male. Elena adored her father, but he was certainly burdened by old-fashioned ideals.

As Elena stepped out into the cool night air, she couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. The politics of her kingdom weighed heavily on her mind, especially the prevailing gender biases that denied her sister the opportunity to lead. Despite her father's affection, his adherence to outdated ideals hindered progress and fairness within the realm.

Elena's thoughts then turned to the intricate web of factions that existed within the kingdom. There were those who sought to maintain the status quo, while others advocated for progressive reforms. The delicate balance between these factions was a constant source of tension and intrigue.

But it wasn't just internal affairs that occupied Elena's thoughts. The looming threat of war with a neighboring kingdom of werewolves added a layer of complexity to the already tumultuous political landscape. Tensions had been escalating, and the possibility of conflict weighed heavily on the princess's heart.

Needing a moment of respite from these heavy thoughts, Elena decided to take a leisurely stroll through the grounds now that dusk had settled. The night air was refreshing, and the serene beauty of nature provided a temporary escape from the realities of the kingdom's challenges. As she walked, Elena couldn't help but hope for a future where gender equality and peaceful coexistence with the werewolves could be achieved.

Lost in her contemplations, Elena found solace in the night's stillness, allowing herself a brief reprieve before she would have to face the demands and responsibilities that awaited her. A shiver rose up her neck, suddenly aware that she wasn't quite alone. She glanced around, surprised to see a wolf in the near distance. At first she relaxed, amused that it was only an animal that unsettled her, but as she took a second glance, there was intelligence in those eyes. Her heart sank. It wasn't an animal, was it? It was a werewolf, the first one she'd seen or, at least, the first living one.

Elena's mind raced as she tried to piece together her options. Should she run? Should she fight? The knowledge that werewolves were known for their strength and ferocity sent a chill down her spine. She had always believed the stories to be mere folklore, tales to frighten children, but now, faced with the reality of a werewolf before her, she couldn't deny the truth any longer.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she assessed the creature's demeanor. It stood there, watching her with an intensity that sent a shiver down her spine. Elena's grip tightened on the silver knife, her only weapon against this new threat. She knew that silver was said to be a werewolf's weakness, but she couldn't help but doubt her ability to defeat such a formidable adversary.

As she weighed her options, a sense of determination washed over her. She couldn't let fear paralyze her. She was a vampire, every bit as much of a predator as this creature, she reminded herself mentally. Still, she was unlikely to emerge the winner if things came to violence. So that left one option open to her. Effrontery.

"You should leave. You're on our land, and the next vampire who comes this way might not be so merciful." Elena spoke with a soft confidence that did a reasonable job of covering her rising anxiety.

Attachments

• 1700862492477.gif
    1700862492477.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 1700941742512.gif
    1700941742512.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: