P.R.C.U.: An Institute For The Extraordinarily Gifted [CLOSED SIGNUPS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a medical condition that connects nose bleeds to sexual excitement. Not sure why it's got such a deep footing in manga, though.

Also, editing sheet.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lord Wraith
I think it's meant to show like a sudden rush of blood to a particular place causing pressure elsewhere. The nose has some of the most fragile cappilaries in the body and also a handily-close orifice to leak out of, so that's where it would come from were things to burst. It's probably a 'get-it-past-the-censors' sort of thing.

I fail! I wanted to write Tory but wrote the wrong one! Sorry!
Though I wanted to say that Minnie and Emma definitely have an interesting relation towards each other XD

It's not you. It's Minnie. Emma brings up some...conflicted feelings.

Being perfectly honest, I wrote it in just for the guys' reactions. What can I say? She's very confident in herself.

There is actually a webpage on that topic. Wow. And now I know. You guys were right. xD

Being perfectly honest, I wrote it in just for the guys' reactions. What can I say? She's very confident in herself.

There is actually a webpage on that topic. Wow. And now I know. You guys were right. xD

lol Well then, I have played right into your trap. I suppose that's what I get for having Aiden crush on Tory! Which is now officially enforced in the IC. I'm going to redo my associates page as well.

Isn't Tory popular.

Isn't Tory popular.

Considering there's only Aiden and David as PCs, not really, while David is attracted to Tory he considers her too unobtainable to pursue her and thus his affections fall on Emma whom Shroud was also discussing having Hunter pursue as well.

Also Minnie has a minor crush.

Emma getting male attention will not help Minnie. Oh man, those two are going to be fun.

I always miss the conversations. Like, always. I leave RIGHT before they pop off.

Hoes. The whole lot of yeh.

I'm still here <3

Indeed, I second this motion.

Wait...

On another note, I've got my posted drafted up thus far. Just going to hold off for a bit to see if anyone else posts in the IC for me to react to.

I think the interactions between any of them is going to be very interesting, but I can't wait to see how the guys react to Tory and future situations between Minnie and Emma XD

Reactions: Lord Wraith
Well I'm pretty sure Aiden is in love with her by my post. Oh sweet unrequited love.

With Tory? Well how would anyone not be! Haha. Hope he won't accidentally wreck his sunglasses though :P

• | NAME: |
    Hunter Grey Welles​
    | ALIAS(ES): |
    N/A​
    | PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Rome (commonly called "Stout"), Ohio, USA.​
    | NATIONALITY/ETHNICITY: |
    American/Caucasian​
    | D.O.B. |
    December 15, 1997​
    | AGE: |
    16​
    | SEX: |
    Male​
    | SEXUALITY: |
    Heterosexual​
    | HEIGHT: |
    5'10"​
    | BUILD: |
    Thin​
    | WEIGHT: |
    131 lbs​
    | EYES: |
    Blue (Purple when using abilities.)​
    | HAIR: |
    Dirty blonde​
    | H-CLASS: |
    Minerva
  • | ABILITIES: |
    Hunter is a telepath able to receive and transmit thoughts from one mind to another. As such, he has access to a wide variety of mental abilities including: simple telepathic communication and mind reading; clairvoyance and psychometry; illusion casting and manipulation; thought manipulation through persuasion, and, with much effort, 'pushing' thoughts into the minds of others essentially allowing for mind control, psionic 'blasts', and sensory scrying. The use of verbal commands, eye contact, and physical contact greatly increase the strength of his mental commands.​
    | LIMITATIONS: |
    Mainly, Hunter is limited by his own reluctance to use his abilities, and the subconscious limitations he's placed upon himself out of fear - meaning he suppresses his true, telepathic potential. The range of his telepathy only extends to his immediate area - roughly a radius of 500 ft - and thus he can only receive or project thoughts in that range. His abilities become weaker and less effective the further he is from the mind he is trying to affect. Can only push/control the weakest of minds, or through extended physical contact. Is only able to 'read' the surface thoughts of targets, and cannot probe deeper without physical contact and intense concentration.​
    | WEAKNESSES: |
    Can't always block out the thoughts of those around him; when near someone and their thoughts are particularly 'loud', he'll hear them, or if he touches someone he'll often hear their thoughts. As such, it is sometimes difficult to concentrate when close to large groups of people without focusing on something else intensely. Prolonged or extensive use of his abilities - aside from simple telepathic communication - can lead to strong migraines, exhaustion, or even cause him to faint. Is completely ineffective against mindless creatures, machines, and the like. His strongest weaknesses, however, is his own reluctance to use his abilities which could lead to dangerous situations where he hesitates at the wrong time.​
    | APPLICATIONS: |

• Can psychically gain information about objects he touches. Does not control this ability, and comes in random flashes of either past or future events.
    • Can use himself as a telepathic relay in order to link the minds of several people so as to have private conversations with anyone in his psychic range. Able to link the minds of a handful of people with some effort. Perfect for maintaining communication among the team members that cannot be monitored.
    • Sensory scrying allows Hunter to focus on a single individual within his range, and experience what they experience through their primary senses; he'd see what they see, hear what they hear, etc. Doing this renders his body incapable of movement. Great way to scout ahead.
    • Hunter is capable of casting "illusions" by either telepathically convincing someone's senses they're experiencing something different from reality - in which case Hunter controls the illusion, or by psychically kicking the target's imagination into overdrive which causes vivid hallucinations - which Hunter can't control and are subject completely to the target's imagination. Allows him to disguise himself by convincing someone he is a different person, or object, or create decoys, or even incapacitate a target by convincing him he's in great pain/unable to move.
    • Telepathically able to translate languages, which is useful for maintaining dialogue with anyone and everyone.
    • Hunter possesses something akin to a psychic 'radar' which allows him to detect the presence of other minds in his immediate area. Perfect for detecting approaching hostiles.
    • His psionic blasts give him the ability to psychically assault someone's mind, overloading their senses and causing mild discomfort, minor or crippling pain, render them unconscious, put them in a catatonic state, or even kill. The go to offensive ability for most telepaths.
    • Etc.
  • | HISTORY |
    "You don't want me as a friend. Trust me."

Hunter Welles was born to Michael and Sara Welles in a small town along the Ohio river. His parents, both low-level Hyperhumans, raised their son to be open-minded and tolerant of others. He grew up as a relatively happy kid, never getting into fights or trouble, doing well in school, and spending time with his circle of friends. Although his family was not wealthy, they were well enough off that Hunter never lacked the important things in life. All-in-all, it was a nice, stress-free life, and Hunter felt blessed.

Then, when he was fifteen, Hunter's Hype-Gene activated, and his happy little life began to crumble apart. It started off with whispered words floating in his head, brief and fleeting, unsure if he ever heard them to begin with. Over the coming months the whispers grew louder, the words turning into long streams of sentences. Upon accidentally convincing a teacher to give all the students an A on their exam, Hunter realized that he, like his parents, was a Hyperhuman. Through most of his childhood he had dreamed of becoming just like his mother and father - who have the abilities to communicate with insects, and breathe underwater respectively - and yet now that he was, he dreamed he could be 'normal' once more, as the incessant voices in his head were beginning to drive him crazy.

It took him many more months of experimenting to get a handle on his abilities, allowing him to, mostly, shut out the thoughts of others. During these months, however, Hunter's personality began to take a dramatic turn. Gone was the happy, outgoing boy who loved his life; replaced by a brooding loner who distanced himself from those around him in an effort to completely silence the voices in his head. He would spend most of his time locked in his room, headphones on and music blaring, shutting out the outside world. Due to the new way in which he carried himself, Hunter began to fail his school courses, and alienated himself from his former friends. To compensate, he began to use his abilities on his teachers to convince them he was doing his work.

One day, three months ago, his friends attempted to hold an intervention of sorts for Hunter, as they were concerned about his new behavior. The confrontation became heated, and the thoughts of his friends became increasingly louder as they protested his changed attitude. Attempting to leave and escape the noise, one of his friends stood in the way to prevent him from leaving. Desperate to get away from all the voices, Hunter grabbed his friend by the arms and screamed at him to "stop thinking!" Inadvertently, he used his telepathic abilities in conjunction with the command, and in a burst of emotion, psionically blasted his friend, effectively rendering him in a vegetative state without any brain activity. They called 911, and, Hunter, horrified with his actions, turned himself in.

A Homo-Virium 'attacking' a human made local and state news, and soon Hunter's identity and status as a Hyperhuman was announced to the public. He spent several nights in jail, and his parents were subjected to torment by angry humans wanting justice. Fortunately, word of Hunter and his situation came to the attention of H.E.L.P. and they eventually managed to free him and exonerate him of charges, despite Hunter's initial protests. At the urging of his parents, Hunter reluctantly agreed to go with H.E.L.P to Canada to attend P.R.C.U. in order to better understand and control his powers.

Classified as a Minerva class, and informed he was to join team 21 'Blackjack,' Hunter has been staying at the academy for the past two months waiting for the start of the new school year. Generally keeping to himself and avoiding his roommates' attempts to bond with him, Hunter has had the chance to meet his fellow Blackjack teammates on several occasions and has observed their training exercises, though has yet to participate himself. With the official start of the school year coming up, Hunter is dreading having to be around so many people in a classroom, and fearing a repeat incident.

• Hunter spied on his teammate, Aiden Roth, from inside his dorm room as the young man got tackled to the ground. Hypeball. Football with the use of powers. Not the most original idea, but everyone Hunter had met so far seemed to enjoy it. Aiden and David Knight, another of Team 21's members, particularly seemed to love it playing the game during most of their free time. Even Hunter had to admit it looked fun, and he would often sit by his window staring out at the field just beyond his window, watching them play and chastising himself for his desire to play, too.

It would be easy for him to play. Simply reading the surface thoughts of the enemy players would allow him to predict their moves and out-react them. He could make an illusion forcing the opposing quarterback to believe that Hunter was a teammate. Hunter had no doubt he would be very skilled at Hypeball, even if he wasn't in great physical condition, but he also knew the dangers of using his abilities in such a manner, and his fear far outweighed any desire he had to join in. He wasn't about to make the same mistakes.
    Not again; never again.​

• Kyle Flynn - One of Hunter's roommates, always joking and trying to drag Hunter to one social event or another. Possesses the ability of flight.
    • James "Jamie" Koontz - Hunter's other roommate. Very studious and serious, but always talking. Shapeshifting abilities.
    • Hunter's casual attire usually consists of jeans and a dark hoodie.
    • When not in class, Hunter has his headphones in and his MP3 player turned to maximum volume.
    • Hunter tends to be very quiet, rarely speaking unless necessary.
    • He feels very uncomfortable at P.R.C.U. due to most students reveling in their powers, while he fears his own. As such, finds it nearly impossible to relate with those he does end up talking to.

• | Kendall, Victoria | Neutral | Acquaintance/Crush | "Seems outgoing and confident. Makes me wish for the days when I could be that happy. She's hot, though, so I can't complain too much." |

| Roth, Aiden | Positive | Polite acquaintance | "Nice enough guy. Seems to keep his distance a little from people, just like me, though not as much. It's a little amusing when he's around Victoria, though; I try to keep his thoughts out, but the way he thinks about her when she's near is just too good to ignore sometimes." |

| Ripole, Minavita | Positive | Friendly | "Probably the only person I've met so far that holds similar reservations about her abilities. Actually talked to her once; it was awkward on my part."

| Vostrum, Erika | Negative | Acquaintance | "Erika. Competitive, aggressive, strong. Angry. She's been known to get into fights which she usually ends brutally. Sometimes I worry what will set her off. And I worry that her anger will lead her to go too far with her abilities..."|

| Naaktgeboren, Emma | Positive | Crush/Friendly | "I love Emma. Not in that way, though I do have a crush on her. I just love how clear her mind is. Not to say that she's simple or dumb, she's just... peaceful. I can be around her and relax, and not have to worry about being overwhelmed by her thoughts if I accidentally brush up against her. Plus, because of my telepathy, I can understand her perfectly even when she says the wrong word or slips into Dutch." |

| Knight, David | Neutral | Acquaintance/Rival | "I have the hardest time being around David. His mind is such a jumble of different conflicting thoughts and memories that just being in a few feet of him can cause me to be uneasy, and the one time I shook his hand I felt like I was touching the minds of several individuals. If there's anything I hope to actually learn here at this school it would be to fully block out any unwanted thoughts, because I don't see how I'll be able to work with him in a team if I have trouble being near him. He also seems to have a similar crush on Emma, which is bad news for me since he's probably more appealing to girls than a loner like me would be. All of that aside, I heard that he had to deal with a media outrage just like I did, so I can sympathize somewhat. Still, I try to keep my distance." |

Sorry for not getting this up yesterday. I became ill last night and spent the better part of the last 24 hours with my head over a toilet bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • | NAME: |
    Hunter Grey Welles​
    | ALIAS(ES): |
    N/A​
    | PLACE OF BIRTH: |
    Rome (commonly called "Stout"), Ohio, USA.​
    | NATIONALITY/ETHNICITY: |
    American/Caucasian​
    | D.O.B. |
    December 15, 1997​
    | AGE: |
    16​
    | SEX: |
    Male​
    | SEXUALITY: |
    Heterosexual​
    | HEIGHT: |
    5'10"​
    | BUILD: |
    Thin​
    | WEIGHT: |
    131 lbs​
    | EYES: |
    Blue (Purple when using abilities.)​
    | HAIR: |
    Dirty blonde​
    | H-CLASS: |
    Minerva
  • | ABILITIES: |
    Hunter is a telepath able to receive and transmit thoughts from one mind to another. As such, he has access to a wide variety of mental abilities including: simple telepathic communication and mind reading; clairvoyance and psychometry; illusion casting and manipulation; thought manipulation through persuasion, and, with much effort, 'pushing' thoughts into the minds of others essentially allowing for mind control, psionic 'blasts', and sensory scrying. The use of verbal commands, eye contact, and physical contact greatly increase the strength of his mental commands.​
    | LIMITATIONS: |
    Mainly, Hunter is limited by his own reluctance to use his abilities, and the subconscious limitations he's placed upon himself out of fear - meaning he suppresses his true, telepathic potential. The range of his telepathy only extends to his immediate area - roughly a radius of 500 ft - and thus he can only receive or project thoughts in that range. His abilities become weaker and less effective the further he is from the mind he is trying to affect. Can only push/control the weakest of minds, or through extended physical contact. Is only able to 'read' the surface thoughts of targets, and cannot probe deeper without physical contact and intense concentration.​
    | WEAKNESSES: |
    Can't always block out the thoughts of those around him; when near someone and their thoughts are particularly 'loud', he'll hear them, or if he touches someone he'll often hear their thoughts. As such, it is sometimes difficult to concentrate when close to large groups of people without focusing on something else intensely. Prolonged or extensive use of his abilities - aside from simple telepathic communication - can lead to strong migraines, exhaustion, or even cause him to faint. Is completely ineffective against mindless creatures, machines, and the like. His strongest weaknesses, however, is his own reluctance to use his abilities which could lead to dangerous situations where he hesitates at the wrong time.​
    | APPLICATIONS: |

• Can psychically gain information about objects he touches. Does not control this ability, and comes in random flashes of either past or future events.
    • Can use himself as a telepathic relay in order to link the minds of several people so as to have private conversations with anyone in his psychic range. Able to link the minds of a handful of people with some effort. Perfect for maintaining communication among the team members that cannot be monitored.
    • Sensory scrying allows Hunter to focus on a single individual within his range, and experience what they experience through their primary senses; he'd see what they see, hear what they hear, etc. Doing this renders his body incapable of movement. Great way to scout ahead.
    • Hunter is capable of casting "illusions" by either telepathically convincing someone's senses they're experiencing something different from reality - in which case Hunter controls the illusion, or by psychically kicking the target's imagination into overdrive which causes vivid hallucinations - which Hunter can't control and are subject completely to the target's imagination. Allows him to disguise himself by convincing someone he is a different person, or object, or create decoys, or even incapacitate a target by convincing him he's in great pain/unable to move.
    • Telepathically able to translate languages, which is useful for maintaining dialogue with anyone and everyone.
    • Hunter possesses something akin to a psychic 'radar' which allows him to detect the presence of other minds in his immediate area. Perfect for detecting approaching hostiles.
    • His psionic blasts give him the ability to psychically assault someone's mind, overloading their senses and causing mild discomfort, minor or crippling pain, render them unconscious, put them in a catatonic state, or even kill. The go to offensive ability for most telepaths.
    • Etc.
  • | HISTORY |
    "You don't want me as a friend. Trust me."

Hunter Welles was born to Michael and Sara Welles in a small town along the Ohio river. His parents, both low-level Hyperhumans, raised their son to be open-minded and tolerant of others. He grew up as a relatively happy kid, never getting into fights or trouble, doing well in school, and spending time with his circle of friends. Although his family was not wealthy, they were well enough off that Hunter never lacked the important things in life. All-in-all, it was a nice, stress-free life, and Hunter felt blessed.

Then, when he was fifteen, Hunter's Hype-Gene activated, and his happy little life began to crumble apart. It started off with whispered words floating in his head, brief and fleeting, unsure if he ever heard them to begin with. Over the coming months the whispers grew louder, the words turning into long streams of sentences. Upon accidentally convincing a teacher to give all the students an A on their exam, Hunter realized that he, like his parents, was a Hyperhuman. Through most of his childhood he had dreamed of becoming just like his mother and father - who have the abilities to communicate with insects, and breathe underwater respectively - and yet now that he was, he dreamed he could be 'normal' once more, as the incessant voices in his head were beginning to drive him crazy.

It took him many more months of experimenting to get a handle on his abilities, allowing him to, mostly, shut out the thoughts of others. During these months, however, Hunter's personality began to take a dramatic turn. Gone was the happy, outgoing boy who loved his life; replaced by a brooding loner who distanced himself from those around him in an effort to completely silence the voices in his head. He would spend most of his time locked in his room, headphones on and music blaring, shutting out the outside world. Due to the new way in which he carried himself, Hunter began to fail his school courses, and alienated himself from his former friends. To compensate, he began to use his abilities on his teachers to convince them he was doing his work.

One day, three months ago, his friends attempted to hold an intervention of sorts for Hunter, as they were concerned about his new behavior. The confrontation became heated, and the thoughts of his friends became increasingly louder as they protested his changed attitude. Attempting to leave and escape the noise, one of his friends stood in the way to prevent him from leaving. Desperate to get away from all the voices, Hunter grabbed his friend by the arms and screamed at him to "stop thinking!" Inadvertently, he used his telepathic abilities in conjunction with the command, and in a burst of emotion, psionically blasted his friend, effectively rendering him in a vegetative state without any brain activity. They called 911, and, Hunter, horrified with his actions, turned himself in.

A Homo-Virium 'attacking' a human made local and state news, and soon Hunter's identity and status as a Hyperhuman was announced to the public. He spent several nights in jail, and his parents were subjected to torment by angry humans wanting justice. Fortunately, word of Hunter and his situation came to the attention of H.E.L.P. and they eventually managed to free him and exonerate him of charges, despite Hunter's initial protests. At the urging of his parents, Hunter reluctantly agreed to go with H.E.L.P to Canada to attend P.R.C.U. in order to better understand and control his powers.

Classified as a Minerva class, and informed he was to join team 21 'Blackjack,' Hunter has been staying at the academy for the past two months waiting for the start of the new school year. Generally keeping to himself and avoiding his roommates' attempts to bond with him, Hunter has had the chance to meet his fellow Blackjack teammates on several occasions and has observed their training exercises, though has yet to participate himself. With the official start of the school year coming up, Hunter is dreading having to be around so many people in a classroom, and fearing a repeat incident.

• Hunter spied on his teammate, Aiden Roth, from inside his dorm room as the young man got tackled to the ground. Hypeball. Football with the use of powers. Not the most original idea, but everyone Hunter had met so far seemed to enjoy it. Aiden and David Knight, another of Team 21's members, particularly seemed to love it playing the game during most of their free time. Even Hunter had to admit it looked fun, and he would often sit by his window staring out at the field just beyond his window, watching them play and chastising himself for his desire to play, too.

It would be easy for him to play. Simply reading the surface thoughts of the enemy players would allow him to predict their moves and out-react them. He could make an illusion forcing the opposing quarterback to believe that Hunter was a teammate. Hunter had no doubt he would be very skilled at Hypeball, even if he wasn't in great physical condition, but he also knew the dangers of using his abilities in such a manner, and his fear far outweighed any desire he had to join in. He wasn't about to make the same mistakes.
    Not again; never again.​

• Kyle Fredericks - One of Hunter's roommates, always joking and trying to drag Hunter to one social event or another. Possesses the ability of flight.
    • James "Jamie" Koontz - Hunter's other roommate. Very studious and serious, but always talking. Shapeshifting abilities.
    • Hunter's casual attire usually consists of jeans and a dark hoodie.
    • When not in class, Hunter has his headphones in and his MP3 player turned to maximum volume.
    • Hunter tends to be very quiet, rarely speaking unless necessary.
    • He feels very uncomfortable at P.R.C.U. due to most students reveling in their powers, while he fears his own. As such, finds it nearly impossible to relate with those he does end up talking to.

• | Kendall, Victoria | Neutral | Acquaintance/Crush | "Seems outgoing and confident. Makes me wish for the days when I could be that happy. She's hot, though, so I can't complain too much." |

| Roth, Aiden | Good | Polite acquaintance | "Nice enough guy. Seems to keep his distance a little from people, just like me, though not as much. It's a little amusing when he's around Victoria, though; I try to keep his thoughts out, but the way he thinks about her when she's near is just too good to ignore sometimes." |

| Ripole, Minavita | Good | Friendly | "Probably the only person I've met so far that holds similar reservations about her abilities. Actually talked to her once; it was awkward on my part."

| Vostrum, Erika | Bad | Acquaintance | "Erika. Competitive, aggressive, strong. Angry. She's been known to get into fights which she usually ends brutally. Sometimes I worry what will set her off. And I worry that her anger will lead her to go too far with her abilities..."|

| Naaktgeboren, Emma | Good | Crush/Friendly | "I love Emma. Not in that way, though I do have a crush on her. I just love how clear her mind is. Not to say that she's simple or dumb, she's just... peaceful. I can be around her and relax, and not have to worry about being overwhelmed by her thoughts if I accidentally brush up against her. Plus, because of my telepathy, I can understand her perfectly even when she says the wrong word or slips into Dutch." |

| Knight, David | Neutral | Acquaintance/Rival | "I have the hardest time being around David. His mind is such a jumble of different conflicting thoughts and memories that just being in a few feet of him can cause me to be uneasy, and the one time I shook his hand I felt like I was touching the minds of several individuals. If there's anything I hope to actually learn here at this school it would be to fully block out any unwanted thoughts, because I don't see how I'll be able to work with him in a team if I have trouble being near him. He also seems to have a similar crush on Emma, which is bad news for me since he's probably more appealing to girls than a loner like me would be. All of that aside, I heard that he had to deal with a media outrage just like I did, so I can sympathize somewhat. Still, I try to keep my distance." |

Sorry for not getting this up yesterday. I became ill last night and spent the better part of the last 24 hours with my head over a toilet bowl.

As already discussed, accepted. Trusting you with the use of this power, as obviously it's easy to exploit. Either way I love the personality in the CS so looking forward to your first post.

Woot.

Reading the IC now. Might not get a post up tonight because I'm still feeling ill, but I'll start working on a post just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.