P.A.R.A.

"Stupider and stupider." Vixenne muttered, but examining the guns anyway. Human wars always looked childish to the higher beings. But the evolution of their tools was amazing. It was the one thing that never ceases to amaze them, how humans coped with the limits of their abilities, resources and intelligence.

"Wha-!" Bang-!

Then again, higher beings didn't need human tools and contraptions so Vixenne just can't deal with them sometimes. Luckily, she was aiming to the ground when she misfired. Even luckier, it wasn't loaded yet. She groaned in annoyance. She found these weapons fascinating and frustrating.

"Hey, easy there now, would you?" Requiem scowled, walking over and yanking the firearm from her hands. "Some good you're going to be." He remarked, grabbing a smaller gun from one of the chests and shoving a clip into it. The Glock 20, decent firepower without a heavy kick. He looked it over for a moment and handed it to her. "Try this, when you want to shoot, you have to make sure you put your finger all the way onto the trigger so that you push the little plastic part down, otherwise it won't fire. Also, try not to aim it at any of use, would you?" He asked. He handed her a few extra clips. He then went through and explained how to eject a clip and place a new one in. "Easy enough, right? After that, point and shoot."

A fairly fast learner when it came to human devices, she understood his instructions but felt the heat of shame on her face and even her neck. This kind of reaction, this-blushing thing-was unbecoming of her (or what she once was she corrected herself). She aimed with surprisingly good form, but lowered the weapon. "I don't need this." She murmured. "I don't need this." She repeated with more dignity, almost as if she were reassuring herself. "I have my own abilities." She scoffed.

Nevertheless, she's keeping that gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
"As it may be, best to know how to use it than to not know and need it." He said nodding his head, and then cracking a playful smile "Besides, I don't think anybody here'd be all that keen on being misfire target practice." He nodded once again "Alright Godling, make sure you grab a few more clips before we leave, just in case. Make sure they look like these ones though, alright?" He asked, showing her the clip and bullet within. "Put the wrong bullets in, gun won't fire." With that said, he turned away from her with a backwards wave, reached into his pocket for his cards, and began shuffling them as he walked. He had to plan what was going to happen with the target, and for that he needed all of his focus. He sent out a small wave of luck from his hands, into his card which he threw just the right way to get it to imbed sticking straight out of the tree, he then pulled one of his guns and fired, practically destroying the card.

"Alright, not bad I suppose" He remarked walking over and picking the remains up. He focused a bit and area around the card began to shift and shape until his card faded into nothingness, replaced with a new card of the same appearance. A temporal shift that otherwise wouldn't have been there caused by a change in probability. Took a bit of effort to accomplish, but was something he always enjoyed doing. He'd actually been a magician at one point, mystifying people with his magick tricks. How they would have reacted had he told them that it wasn't just sleight of hand, it would have been glorious. Of course, he'd have been caught much sooner more than likely as well.

Midnight paused in his as of yet failed attempts to remove the harness to watch Requiem and his cards. He was standing not far away from the tree he used, so he got to see it all pretty well. He had to admit it was a pretty useful ability. "Human," he said, a strange accent coloring his voice. He moved a bit of his shirt aside to show him the harness. "Remove this for me."

Requiem turned to face the owner of the voice. "Excuse me?" He asked, slightly irritated by the abruptness, and slightly amused at the situation. "Listen, if you want something, you're gonna have to at least be polite about it. Please and thank you and all that." He remarked. The harness on the alien was considerably different than the others. Restrictive in fact. Like it was designed that way. "That aside, why would I do so? There's no gain in it for me. You've already been rude, commanding, and overall not very pleasant to me, and you've said no more than five words to me, and you expect me to do you a favour? How do you figure this working out?"

His face remained neutral. Such headstrong creatures. It had been something he admired in them. "Very well. Please remove this for me. If there is something you wish in return, you have but to ask and I will do my best to fulfill the request."

Reactions: Banana-senpai
"Don't let him out," Crossfire said before Requiem could do anything stupid. "He'll just fly away and there's no telling what he'll do. We've kept him locked up for a while."

"Don't you think that's precisely the reason we should let him out?" Landel countered.

"Not until we're sure what he'll do with his new freedom," Crossfire said simply. "Alright." He flicked his wrists out and two guns dropped from his sleeves. They were special made for him, and he was a perfect marksman. He never missed. Ever. "Isaac, take a gun. You're on point with me. Let's move."

He started down the hill towards the village below, the one plagued with zombies and a mad witchdoctor.

"I'll do it, Curious Creature." Vixenne stepped closer to Midnight, recalling how she got herself off her own harness. This one seemed a little more complex though. "None of us here are technically human, by the way. Will you really grant me a favor?" She muttered a quiet and flat toned chant while drawing odd lines on the middle of the harness. There were clicks and whirrs and Midnight was released.

"I am well aware of the species differences," he replied, eagerly letting the harness fall to the ground. He stretched his wings out to their full length. From one wing tip to the other, they were nearly seven feet long. It felt good to finally move them again. He folded them again and turned to the goddess. "What favor would you wish for?" He kept a close eye on the others, especially Crossfire and Landel. He knew they wouldnt sit idly by with him free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossfire's guns were at both their temples the instant Midnight was free. Goddess or not, he doubted even Vixenne could take a blessed bullet to the head. And Midnight, well...alien or not he was still biology. And living things die.

"What did I just get through saying?" he asked Vixenne. His voice was still completely level, which was perhaps even more unnerving than if he were clearly enraged. "And you." He turned to Midnight. "We've had you long enough to know your powers have limits, so no tricks. And if I see those wings flap once, I'll clip them with these."

Landel sighed and stepped through his arms.

"Oh for heaven's sake, put those down," she said. "Look. Midnight's still here. And Vixenne...you knew nothing about him, that was really very stupid. But no one's getting shot, alright?"

"Three minutes in and already having problems, Doctor?" She looked over with a bleached face at the cellphone opened up to her. One of the agents who had set up their arrival pad had called Ferrara, and she could see him in his office, observing everything. "I want that creature secured again immediately, and then I want you to get on with the mission. Unless you don't think you can handle these anomalies, Landel."

She took a deep breath and put on a more controlled appearance. "No. Everything's fine. Midnight's agreed to cooperate with us, and I've already vouched for his character. It's just a minor disciplinary problem, nothing major."

She took the phone out of the agent's hand. "Now if you'll excuse us we have a mission to complete."

With that Dr. Landel threw the phone at a tree, then looked back at Crossfire and the anomalies, hoping they'd get together soon so she could prove to their smug director that these people were worth all this effort!

Midnight's dark glare was fixed firmly on Crossfire until the call was made, then it changed to the person on the phone, followed by Landell when the phone was smashed. "I will not be restrained a second time Doctor." He was itching to hit Crossfire and get out of there, but he didnt like the idea of a bullet anywhere in his person. "Any of you try and you will regret it."

"If you promise to behave, I have no intention of restraing you again," Landel said. "And Crossfire will you please put those down."

Slowly, Crossfire lowered his weapons. With a flick of his wrist they were back up his sleeves, but ready to come out again at a moment's notice.

He watched Crossfire carefully. He especially didnt trust him. He glanced at Landel, his glare a bit less dark now. Considering his options, he figured this was the best one for now. "Very well. I will cooperate for now."

"I can tell. He won't escape. I don't rush headlong into things like you." Vixenne said with a smug confidence, jutting her chin a little. She put her hand on her waist, stubbornly taking a few daring steps closer. "Midnight owes me. And by the heavens, don't think you can measure all of us. You're ready to shoot me? Go ahead, I have no purpose in this mission."

She scoffed, casting Requiem a brief glance and looking up at Midnight. "Be my protector." She told him with an almost commanding tone, but she was unable to conceal the evanescent flash of fear in her eyes.

Midnight studied her for a moment, surprised that she'd make such a request. "If a protector is all you want, then sure."

"Alright, now that we're all friends, can we get moving? I'm starting to get bored out here. And of course, you know, people dying back there and stuff." He said, pointing his hand in the direction of the village. It wasn't that he wasn't enjoying watching everybody threaten each other, but he could only take so much of the same stuff before it got old.

Once Issac had touched down in Haiti, he immediately hated it. The weather was way too humid for him, and to top it off, the two were at each others throats again. He swore that they were like a married couple. The one thing he could do however was keep his mouth shut and stay low and he might not have to get involved. He followed Requiem to the box of guns, picking out a simple pistol to use. He picked up a small 9mm that he's used only once before, and strapped a vest to himself.

Before they could even start the mission, the Demigoddess had to stir things up again and break the harness that restrained Midnight, who's wings stretched quite far. Crossfire didn't take too kindly to that; immediately drawing his weapons. Issac stayed to the side where he couldn't get caught in between the guns and the other anomalies.

"Glad to see this team is working together," Issac remarked. He tucked away the pistol in the vest's holster. "It's not like we have a world to save." He stood behind Crossfire, ready to start scouting, only now realizing the amount of energy surrounding the area. He could feel the faint presence of zombies and an even fainter feeling of the voodoo priest. All he could tell was that it was far away and deeper into the ruins.

He pointed at the direction of the priest, "That-a-way."

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Crossfire turned away from the other anomalies as Issac gave them a direction. He personally didn't care if they were anomalies or not, just so long as they got the job done. Technically, he was an anomaly. Not a natural born one, but he had speed, reflexes, and a never fail aim. He knew others like him, but they didn't play well with others.

"Good. Issac lead the way. Everyone come down and stay alert. Landel, I want you to hang back."

"Why?"

"Because you're a doctor not a soldier. Just stay in the rear," he said.

Having Issac "lead" was really a technicality. He was in front, but Crossfire was really the one on point. Destruction to the town was quite major, with many buildings reduced to rubble, but this was the work of the earthquake, not the zombies. Dead bodies were not known for their strength. Crossfire looked at intersection in the town square and determined they were in the perfect spot for an ambush. He changed that quickly, leading them away from the square and down a side street.

That was where they ran into their first zombie. The corpse hadn't been dead more than two or three weeks. Crossfire immediately had his gun in his hand and shot it dead between the eyes. The zombie recoiled, but stayed upright. Its head lowered and empty eyes stared at them. A light was coming from the hole in its head. The consecrated bullet was using holy magic to break the bond. He kicked it further down the alley just before its head exploded. The corpse didn't get back up.

"That's what we're looking for," he told them. "We need to take these streets to run into as few of them as possible. In the open we were waiting for an ambush. Everyone come along and keep quiet. Issac, which way?" He and Landel hoped his vision could see through buildings, or at least around them.

Clarith held her gun with care. She had never so much as seen a gun in real life let alone touched one. She stayed near the back of the group, not saying a word and trying to listen to instructions. When she saw the first zombie, she almost screamed but just managed to keep her month shut.

"How many do you think we'll see?" She asked, looking around warily.