P.A.R.A.

"Aww, is the widdle godling feeling left out?" He asked with a smirk and a laugh"It's pretty simple dearie, we go in, we find the witchdoctor, we smash the soul jars, and we take down the witchdoctor. Unless of course, you don't think you can handle it. After all, being mortal is something of a bother isn't it? So much risk. Yes, perhaps you should stay behind after all. You're probably not even remotely ready to handle something as large scale as this" He remarked as patronizingly as he could.

"The way you think you can insult me is kind of cute." Vixenne said, eyeing Requiem as if he was an interestingly witty little boy. After that, she pretty much disregarded him like she always does when humans and anomalies alike mock her. She is too proud to bend to their petty bitterness for not being like her or what she once was. "Is our main objective killing the witch doctor, saving the Haitians or saving their country?"

Leah stepped up to the two bickering and spoke for the first time since she boarded the bus.​
"Please, you two, no fighting at this moment. I'm sure it's all three of those things Vixenne." She told the Demi-goddess, turning her vividly pink eyes to the girl and giving her a small, angelic smile. She didn't like fighting, it reminded her too much of what happened that night at her old work..​
She shivered, and shook her head, clearing her thoughts. She turned to Requiem, and gave him another angelic smile.​
"Alright, I think we are all ready, I mean, I am at least, are you guys?" She called to them, raising a slender brow, and fiddling with the skirt of her polka dot dress. She hoped that with going to Haiti, she would focus on helping the people, instead of killing them. It would be too soon again until the next crescent moon, and of course she didn't know if the others knew about her...secret. She'd have to tell them sooner or later.​

Clarith stood behind the others, keeping her mouth shut. She didn't want to interrupt the others and so just looked on as they fought. "I'm ready if you are." Clarith muttered. Watching the two others fight was becoming a bit tiresome for her. She just wanted to get on with the task. Though she had never really been very patient. She took the time to raise her clothing's temperature to warm her up a bit. She was always a bit irritable when her skin was this cold. She would have to bundle herself up or risk burning her clothes or skin just to keep warm. She didn't like that.

"Oh you simple minded beings." Vixenne said, clutching her head in frustration. "I know, you are all created very differently, but don't you at least sense that we cannot simply go about with all three objectives without having priorities?" She turned to Leah. "You should know, you are a higher being yourself."

With her hands on her waist, Vixenne continued. "If we prioritize the people for example, we must reach he witch doctor without killing too many of the zombie-Haitians nor damaging the bodies that the souls are to return to. We are bound to find it absolutely necessary to fight back, witch doctors can see and feel through the bodies they control. That person obviously will use necromancy against us. And most importantly, the soul is the essence the body, the body does not function without it. Who's to say every soul has a body to return to? What of the dislocated souls with no vessels? The ones whose bodies are far too damaged by necromancy? They could become ghouls. Demons could go after them. For all we know, another witch doctor could steal them. That would only make everything worse."

She turned to the agents. "Souls amount to gold and diamonds to the beings of heaven and hell. Us earthly deities have no interest in it, but souls contain-as I mentioned-the essence of a person. Devouring such is devouring raw energy. Should we leave anything to wander, it could start another big problem. Not every soul can become like her." She gestured to the calm ghost on the harness.

She sighed, again feeling much older than her mortal body portrayed. To her, being in this world was like being an adult told to return to kindergarten and while it annoyed and frustrated her, she tried to keep calm about it. They were too simple and innocent, but it isn't their fault they were created that way. Knowledge is a curse just as much as it is a gift.

"You're putting too much thought into this Dearie. Everything'll work out in the end, I'm here after all." He remarked, turning away from the demi-goddess. He'd lost interest in her. Her behaviour was amusing at first, but he had already ceased caring. There was always something better, something more interesting to do. And if there wasn't, well, he could always make something.

"It's a simple thing to do really. A witchdoctor by themselves is not particularly powerful. I've had a few dealings with them. Create a distraction team to deal with the zombies, a few people to hunt down the souls, and someone to deal with the voodoo prick themselves. With the Doc preoccupied with his zombies, an assassination shouldn't be a problem." He explained, letting out a yawn. "Any leftover souls will have to mind themselves, or we could always have one of you two Celestials go about the cleanup afterwards, but that's up to you, I don't rightly care honestly. If you miss any, then we come back and clean up house again. Keeps us in business."

Leah nodded her head, taking in all of the coherent babble she was now growing slightly accustomed to. She giggled at the thought, and bit her cherry blossom colored lip in a sweet and girlish way. She wrinkled her brow, thinking of a solution, and all she could come up with was the simple fact of using her...'secret' as a weapon?​

She blinked her vivid fuchsia orbs and her smile brightened. She piped up excitedly. Maybe she could finally be useful.​
"Well, let's see. When's the next crescent moon? Because if we can get to Haiti, and go there right about the time of the crescent moon, we have a weapon we can use. That can be the most destructive one I have ever had the horror of witnessing." She bit her lip again and turned her ankle inward, unsure of herself. She spoke again, her soft, smooth voice ringing like tiny bells in the air.​
"It could 'specially work if perhaps, it was a waning crescent. Than the weapon is at it's most powerful." She told them, all the while keeping back the realization that she was the weapon.​

Vixenne shook her head. "I resign to your pathetic excuse of a plan. Not much to do with what little your minds are capable of comprehending."

She turned to Leah in exasperated amusement. "Who exactly are you trying to fool? Well, probably the anomalies. For someone who was a heavenly being, you sure play innocent." Aside from what little is left of her abilities, Vixenne can easily identify what each being is. She found it absolutely ironic for the fallen angel to be suggesting a weapon when she is powerful on her own.

"Alright that's enough!" Landel shouted. Yelling wasn't really like her, but the bickering was just getting ridiculous. "The bodies the witch doctor used for his zombies are dead, so the souls won't be going back to them. Once we release them from wherever they're imprisoned, they'll go where they're supposed to go. That a simple enough objective for you? stop a madman and free some trapped souls."

"Everybody put on a harness," Crossfire said, fitting one over himself. "We're going to arrive at this exact time, and it's the middle of the day, so Leah you won't be able to use your lunar-related powers until possibly tonight."

Landel took a deep breath before setting a harness for herself, too. She wasn't normally a field agent, but as Ferrara constantly pointed out, if anything went wrong it was on her head. She wanted to personally make sure nothing went wrong.

"Everybody get one on and we'll be ready to go," she said. "And don't worry about the whole teleportation thing. The chances of anything going wrong are a million to one."

"Apologies, Dr. Landel, but that is incorrect," A.N.N.I.'s voice said over the speakers. "Since the Philadelphia Room's establishment in 1972 there have been 300 uses. Out of those 300, 15 experienced serious injury or death. The correct probability of an accident is 1:20."

Computers were never good at bedside manner. "A.N.N.I. recalculate using only data from the last ten years."

"Recalculating...There have been no incidents of malfunction in the last ten years. Revised probability 1:504."

"Thank you. Set the coordinates."

"Yes, Dr. Landel."

Ghost tried to say something but she was stopped by someone yelling. she jumped and turn inviasble. "your scary when you yell Landel-chan" she said with a frown. "but dose that mean Im ok since i dont have a body and everything" sshe asked them with wonder. "when you look at it vodoo only works if you have a body. i dont realy have a body. Im a ghost like everyone says" she was poniting out to everyone. "so Im safe? or no" she asked. and to think she asked such a smart qustoin for her age.

Landel thought for a minute. She still knew very little about the ghost girl, but calling her -chan suggested Japanese ancestry. Maybe she should pursue those files after their mission.

"You should be safe more because you can move. The witch doctor can steal souls because they lingered for a while in the dead bodies, meaning he knew where to look and they had nowhere to go. You can run away if you wanted. That should mean you're safe from his reach."

Crossfire didn't have time to look at everybody and see that their harnesses were on. He requested a sound-off.

"I'm all set," Landel told him. He didn't much like the idea that she was coming, since she wasn't a field agent, but there was nothing for it.

Vixenne knew she had nothing to contribute to this whole mission. Whoever put them in this was obviously too mediocre to check if they have the right people to do the job. Mortals nowadays have little faith in the higher beings, as is shown by how they thwarted her suggestions for a coherent plan. She glanced at Leah at this trail of thought, even higher beings aren't so faithful.

She put on a harness with much difficulty, struggling to hide the fact that she had no idea what she was doing and it frustrated her. She quietly fumed and haphazardly managed.

Midnight stayed well away from the new humans and their little leaders. He wanted nothing to do with any of them. Although his harness was on properly, it didnt mean he had to be happy about it. He had heard everything about the mission and the plan. If it werent for the guns trained on him, however, he would have blasted out of there and said to hell with it. They could take care of their own mission. He glared over at the guns, his contempt for PARA and all its members clearly evident.

He wondered for a moment if he'd be able to get away once they were on this island. As far as he knew, his wings had been left alone, and were still functional. With a small grin, he settled back to wait. It was worth a try, right? Maybe he could take out one of PARA's people on his way out. THe idea pleased him if only a little. He didnt like killing, usually. He was originally a very peaceful creature until someone locked him up for who knows how many centuries. Tended to change a person a bit.

Requiem quietly examined the harness, and with a bit of luck, managed to get everything in order fairly quickly. After that it was a matter of observing the others. He didn't have the ability to read abilities like some of the others did. He expected he'd find out soon enough. For now the ghost, other Thing, The Angel, and The Goddess were enough to keep him occupied. Although of them the Angel and The Ghost seemed the most amiable of the lot.

Not that that would stop him from trying to get a rise out of the goddess when the opportunity arose. She'd been high and mighty for too long, and while she did bore him, the idea of seeing her realise how low she was amused him, and so he would participate in her failure. It wasn't until one had hit the bottom that they respected where they were. A lesson most seemed to never have learned.

"where are we going again." she asked everyone.

Ghost girl flw over to Requiem and flowed unside down. "Hey sir? are you a vampire? you dont look like one. your not hansom to be one anyways. you know if I was a vampirre i would change that guy that played that vampire in twlight. and you know what vampires burn in sun light not shine. I figerd it out. it was funny who i did. you know who i figerd it out it was by some but called dracula yaya" she said with a smile. not even leting him talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Issac chuckled at the demigoddess's over-analysis. She seemed like a total bitch. He would never get along with her. He was glad that the requiem fellow had her occupied so he could focus on the mission. Haiti was an interesting place for a voodoo practitioner. He thought he might be able to locate him when they get there. That was a bridge he'll cross when he got there.

He went towards where everyone else was and hooked himself up to the harness, with a bit of difficulty. It was then that he realized that he had no training. "Uh, is it really the best idea to throw me straight into there. I don't think most of us have proper training. will we get any gear at least?" He was visibly nervous about the idea of going in unarmed.

"Nope, apparently, the idea is to go head on and that's pretty much it." Vixenne scoffed, annoyed at the impetuousness of the agency. They were gathered out of nowhere and expected to deal with these problems on their own without so much as a plan. No professionalism at all. But then again, it's what she expects of these lesser beings. They are all just impetuous.

"Gee, from how you're talking Vixenne, you shouldn't need weapons," Landel said as she gently steered each of them onto a green platform in the floor. "But as it is, we have agents on the ground with a pre-set base camp and weapons waiting for you. Crossfire will give those unfamiliar with a quick tutorial when we arrive."

"Please stand by for matter transference," came A.N.N.I.'s passive voice. There was a whir and a flash of light and they were gone from the Philadelphia Room.

Out on the outskirts of a small Haitian village a green burst of light appeared, followed by the sonic boom of several square feet of air being displaced by several people who, according to any contemporary physicist, should not have just appeared. But those physicists didn't know everything and they did in fact appear, in a field, with trunks full of bulletproof vests and various assault weapons, and two men in full business suits despite the heat of the Haitian summer.

"Everyone who doesn't know how to use a gun, come over here and I'll make it brief," Crossfire said, quickly shedding his harness and leading them to the trunks. "It's simple, make sure safety's off, point, aim, and fire. Do not point your gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, or we'll have a whole other mess on our hands. Isaac, your eyes are a clear scouting advantage. You're on point with me. You and I will be three paces ahead of the others. Everyone watch each other's backs now. And be careful. This is your first mission."

"Well... That was disorienting" Requiem remarked, removing the harness. He walked over to the gun chests, searching for something. "Don't tell me that all your brought were assault rifles." He grumbled, continuing his search. He found a pair of Mark XIX Desert Eagles set up for .50 AE Rounds. "These'll do for now, but next time we go on mission, I'd appreciate just a standard rifle, alright?" He asked. He'd been around long enough to observe the evolution of the gun, and found that he didn't like assault rifles. He'd actually been a sniper in a few wars, and so he'd grown comfortable with big guns, preferring single shots, but knowing that semi-automatic rifles were more efficient. That wasn't to say he enjoyed them, but when you're forced, you're forced, not much to be done about it. He also declined a vest. He had what he needed. Well, he'd have liked a sword, but he didn't see any of those laying around.

"Alright, I'm ready whenever, just holler at me if you need anything." He told one of the suits

Midnight wasted no time in removing the teleportation harness. He studied the surrounding area for a moment, taking in all the guns and various other things the humans had made for battles. He didnt bother grabbing anything, instead he moved away from the others and got to work on trying to remove the harness that prevented him from flying.