OWLMOM WANTS TO MEET ALL HER NEW AND ANCIENT BEBES Ò◇Ó

HOOT HOO?

• Total voters
Hi, yes, hello, OwlMomther. I, too, have a very hard time meeting and talking to new folks. I usually just wait for an extrovert to come along and adopt me.

How did you stumble into Iwaku?
I am one of the ancient bebes - been around these parts since 2014. (And yes, I did have to go check my profile to see what year it was.) I think I found Iwaku after another rp site shut down and Iwaku is where I found refuge. Been around (sometimes sporadically) ever since.

Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?
Absolutely. Before roleplaying, I was constantly making my own worlds, creating languages/alphabets, and coming up with wild stories to share with others.

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?
Epic medieval fantasy - the kind where posts are novella to douchebag levels in length with plenty of action, political intrigue, homebrewed worlds, a healthy dash of the smooches, and everything in between. Medieval fantasy is the one true love of my life. I just like swords and wlw, to be honest. But I also dabble in modern fantasy, as well.

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
I'll be the hermit out in the middle of nowhere sustaining myself on my own farm.

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!
I have an amazing DnD group that I DM for. The campaign is set in a homebrew world of my own creation. I also play some vidya games, enjoy cooking, and have two novels in the works (because my muse refuses to focus on a one single storyline for too long).

Reactions: Diana
owlmother.png

HELLO BEBES. I AM THE OWL MOTHER.

BECAUSE I AM AN OWL, NOT A MOM.

WELL TECHNICALLY I AM A MOM NOW BUT THAT WAS BY INHERITANCE.

I DIGRESS.

DEAREST MINIONS OF IWAKU, I SEEK TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND MEET NEW PEOPLE.

Sometimes I have a hard time making new friends, which I thought was because I am a hyper-senstive introvert, but it turns out I am autistic and connecting with people can be difficult. ⊙◇◉ Running a site like Iwaku helps me meet cool peeps in a safe place that is all about my FAVORITE THING IN THE UNIVERSE! C R E A T I N G S T O R I E S.

As a roleplayer my candy-treat is character driven storylines where characters grow! Also a lot of kissing a nekkidness. I love a wide variety of genres, but I spend an obscene amount of time in Modern Supernatural settings. Most of the time you'll find me on discord telling everyone they are not my favorite child, or running weekly Chat Roleplays.

If you want to ask me anything, I'm always delighted to answer questions about myself or Iwaku but--

ANSWER MY QUESTIONTASTIC WORDS SO THAT I MIGHT COME TO KNOW THEE
⊙◇⊙

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!​
First and foremost,
Nature has us pegged as mortal enemies.

Where the Owl believes they are the apex predator, the top of the chain, the Crows reject. Owls will eat birds smaller than themselves and even cannibalize, but the Crows fight back. 'Cuz we ain't give a ****.

HOWEVER

That does not mean we cannot be friends. For here, we are outside the harsh, cruel laws of nature. Therefore, I nod my beak at you with respect, and extend my left wing to you in a gesture of peace.

I. Discovery
I stumbled into this place by quite literally searching "rp websites" into google when I was about 15 years old. I found this place and I will say, I haven't found a platform more preferable ever since. I roleplay on discord, but that is only with my two close friends that aren't on here.

II. Background
Yes, I have always been a storyteller. As a child, I loved to LARP, though I didn't actually have any awareness that I was LARPing. I mean, what do you think playing pretend with your childhood friends is? At the same time, I would always write short horror stories. Always had a passion for writing and stories.

III. Dream RP
Actually, I already attempted to run my dream roleplay. My dream roleplay is a very well played out, intricately detailed and mysterious murder mystery that takes place in the future, but is themed like the 1940s. Unfortunately, life got in the way of this, though I had plenty of sign-ons. (Sorry again if any of you read this.)

IV. Post Apocalyptic
I would love to tell you that I would become the leader of the rebels, of the fucked-up, badass crew of people you want to run into even less than the nuclear zombies roaming around, or whatever the **** radioactive monsters there might be. However, I am cursed to carry out what I believe is right. So honestly, I could either be the hero, or the villain. I guess we will see when the time comes.

V. Hobbies
Actually, ironically as I am a Crow, I am very passionate about singing. I love to sing, though I fear to do it in public. Always by myself. Other than that, I am an artist. I draw and paint. That's it really. I guess I read books, too, of course.

Old site died, needed a new site to lurk in. Word of mouth led me to Iwaku.

I started writing when I was 9 or 10 years old as a way to escape reality. It was a very bad, very indulgent, wish-fulfilling self-insert--you know, the typical kind of stuff you'd expect a kid to write. But hey, they helped keep me sane.

Hm. I don't know what a perfect role-play would look like, but give me a contemporary fantasy with a cool magic system and I'm sold.

Scavenging. I like collecting various things.

If that doesn't work out, well...

I4AIzVN.jpg

Collecting (whether it be vinyl records, postcards, items in a game, etc.), listening to music, playing the guitar (although it has been a while), playing videogames, drawing, etc. etc.

I'll shoot your own questions back at you, @Diana since I noticed you haven't answered them yourself!

Last edited:
I did forget to answer my own questions. 🤔 so here we go!

I was invited by Rory who was a member on one of my old websites and one of Iwaku's first admins. He needed help with Iwaku cause it's original admin had left. O: I was only going to be there temporarily to help get things back on track, but Iwaku ended up kidnapping me and holding me hostage. No regrets! Iwaku has helped me learn and grow.

Yes. As a wee child I was always playing pretend and writing down little stories. I was doing this all the way into highschool where I discovered roleplaying online and it was basically the most awesome thing that ever happened. I can write stories with other people? Hell yeah.

The FAST answer is "one that actually completes the whole story". 😂 But that's not really true. My perfect roleplay involves having LOTS of fun with a group of people and us getting to help our characters grow and change within the story and that feeling of excitement and joy as things progress. Of course it would definitely be ultimate perfection if it involves a sweeping romance, tragic death, and comedy.

I am a Hearth Mother. I'll be excellent at taking care of home base, cause I know how to cook just about anything, I've got basic first aid training, I know how to manage both kids, teens, and wilding adults.

Uuuh... if I could only roleplay all day everyday that would be the dream. But I also enjoy cooking, painting, playing video games, going to the Renaissance Festival, reading books, watching neat shows/movies and listening to music.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: A Crow
264-2640846_pixel-art-dragon-gif.gif
Hmm... Mayhap it is time to come out of my lair and be a little more social.

Drem yol lok - Greetings Owl Mother!

I stumbled across Iwaku two years ago, soon three, with a simple Google search after my last rp site fell into toxicity and chaotic drama amongst both the community and the devs themselves. A homeless dragon hoping to find a new home elsewhere. Enter Iwaku where I was shy and very cautiously getting my footing around here. To this day I think Iwaku is my home despite not being very active both on the forums and Discord itself. 😅 I should attempt to try and be active in Discord again.

Believe it or not, my adventures of storytelling began when I ran across some people in the age old classic game, Club Penguin where they invited me to a chatbox site known as Xat(Lord, I feel old as sin even typing that out). There, we roleplayed as custom Sonic characters that took on our own traits and different powers. I'd like to think we were somewhat creative back then... But, we were just kids playing pretend. 🤣 As I grew with them, so did my interest in creating bigger stories, more character growth, and letting my imagination run wild with ideas. Though unfortunately, as time goes on, people change, things happen, and groups like ours drift apart. Fortunately, I have retained one friend that is still like a little brother to me and even now I write with him and another writer in a private roleplay, continuing to explore the endless ideas of mixed fantasy and future.

Before roleplaying however, as I mentioned briefly, I played Club Penguin as a kid along with Disney's Toontown which were both fuel for wee little Fallen's imagination to grow. Since then Roleplaying has been apart of me and my biggest escape from this rather dark reality.

Hmm... I would say the small little story that I'm doing with just myself and two other people is my almost perfect roleplay because it has that high fantasy, high power, high futuristic/sci-fi drive that I always love and crave. Multiple villains plotting different evil schemes, multiple shippings, plenty of sexy times, and just having little restrictions on our characters. Free to grow them how we want without getting too crazy about it.

But, you asked for Perfect, not almost perfect.😝 So... Throwing all of that together, the last little bits that would make it perfect... Would be having all of us just pumping out replies throughout the days, getting lost in our story together, and perhaps dragging a few more partners with us on our insane adventures. :3.

I would be leading small groups to scavenge for supplies, looking for better base locations, and doing my best to keep everyone's heads on their shoulders either with stern lectures, storytelling, or some comedy.

Cue Endwalker Trailer Music...
"The final days were upon us... The fabric of the Star had begun to fray; its lands rent by tooth and claw."

For the past three months, it's been nothing but playing Final Fantasy 14 with my friends and awaiting the for the big expansion. Aside from that, other video games, music, and just relaxing in different Discords with my friends. What more could one ask for?

I used to be on Figment forever ago, when that site crashed and burned I stopped roleplaying for the longest time. When I was searching for new sites, this one was recommended to me by a discord friend!

I've been writing since I could string two words together, I remember being eight or nine and writing stories for English class and falling in love. I've been writing since.

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?\

Something long running and slow burn, with tons of character development, and angst, and drama. Basically D&D but if everyone stuck around and the game lasted longer than a month. (and now I'm sad about my horrible luck with DnD campaigns.)

Midwife/alchemist! Herbology and the medicinal properties of plants have been a hype fixation of mine for a very long time, so it's one thing that I'm good at.

Outside of roleplay I'm a parent to three kids, a dog, and two rats. I also work full time, and attend school part time. In what nonexistent little free time I have outside of that I also do archery, foraging, and cosplay!

I got dragged by an ancient beast that is no longer active, but for this thread I got tagged by @Kuno who looks cute in blue!

I'm actually really bad at telling stories, but I'm a dreamer and loved to read and often did both at the same time.

One that actually gets to see an end. JKJKJK NO STORY EVER ENDS!!!

Something from which I can walk out of with a bunch of friends at my side and a promise of another.

That one work-a-holic that still worries about work while dealing with transitioning everything into said new civilisation. I guess that one person that has already planned out everything and just needs to put it into execution.

Judging from the time I finally closed the laptop from work; work. Other than that I really like to read and eat.

• Love
Reactions: Kuno and Diana
Q: How did you stumble into Iwaku?

A: I'M TOO OLD TO REMEMBER! But most likely I just searched randomly for roleplay forums and after testing a few shitty ones I ended up in this shitty one >:o Someone probably held me hostage until I got stockholms syndrome and now I'm stuck!

Q: Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?

A: YES, I wrote stories as a kid. My teacher ones asked if he could read my story for the class but he didn't think about checking it over first, so he had to stop in the middle of it when a person choked on his own blood. :3 I WAS A SANE CHILD!

Q: If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?

A: HOT VAMPIRES AND DEMONS AND MY CHARACTER BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF A HAREM TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT AND NO ONE GETS THAT SHE HATES THEM ALL!

Q: Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?

A: IF I would survive the initial wave of destruction I would be the hermit who stay away from everyone and sneak around like a ghost scaring the shit out of people. Eventually I'd probably get shot cause someone freaks out over my sneaking >:o Fricking bitches!

Q: What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!

A: ANIME! Diamond paintings. ANIME! bullying my friends on discord. ANIME! Reading. ANIME! Playing games.

• Haha
I was on that same website as Diana and these two really cool dudes named Rory and Xnijmai started hanging around. I thought, "Hey, they're my kind of weirdos," so I followed them to Iwaku. That was like.. 14 years ago? I've stayed for as long as I have because of people like Diana, who were that tiny bit of light and warmth in my life when I was having a tough time offline. Iwaku is a special place to many long-time members, because it represents a safe place when a lot of us didn't have that offline.

Yup. My earliest memory of roleplaying is six-year-old me pretending to be a cool motorcycle cop boyfriend and saving my cool undercover cop girlfriend (played by my then bestie) when her cover was blown. As for what I did before forum/chat style roleplaying, I uh... (ahem) wrote a lot of fanfiction... (*sweats*)

Butt-touching in a post-apocalyptic and/or psychological/paranormal horror setting.

(*looks at last answer*) ...Butt-toucher.
But probably also hunter-gatherer? Sneaky, sniper, parkour!, this is edible probably, my people need this gas station hotdog more than you do.

Vidya games, watching Twitch streams, researching random stuff, listening to music; generic loner type shenanigans. I've also been getting back into biking and working out with small weights. I also have a job, so I do that.

\O/ And that's me I guess!

I think I found Iwaku either by Google or a referred tag on Gaia... Honestly not sure.

Oh man, I've been roleplaying since I was 11. Before that I did a lot of kid LARPing, intense reading, and creating my own stories with comics and drawing.

I actually run a four-player D&D Sailor Moon campaign, so running is covered. Beside that, I'm not sure. I dip into a lot of fandoms.

Mechanic! Have to put that degree to good use.

Writing, driving, photography, video games, and running D&D.

• It was my second form I had found after an RP App that I used for a year or less. Honestly it got pretty Toxic and I left. Somehow or another I stumbled upon Iwaku and never left.

• I have always been a story teller. Long before writing it out I'd imagine myself in crazy world by means of day dreaming. Later I wrote stories. My first form of RP was probably the time I catfished my friend as a my own fake boyfriend. O.O

• CHAOS! Okay it would be hectic and drama filled ups and downs with royalty core of supernatural and fantasy elements.

• Mob Boss who happened to have all the weapons and goods you would have wanted. Need music? I got you. Need a new plant that will live in a wasteland? Got that too. Think of me as the trader who has everything but gets it by any means for any price. Maybe it wouldn't be considered a mob boss.

• Wait there's things to do outside of an RP?! ...Video games. Lots, and lots of video games. I have every console and two 4k gaming PC. I watch historical dramas and do tarot and witch shit.

I did not stumble. I was practically engulfed by it, by managing to join a different RP site (a dead one now) where a lot of people where from Iwaku. Though I think the one that put the final nail in the coffin was @Nemopedia 🤔

I have always enjoyed making stories. From taking the time to create massive scenes with Playmobiles to mind self-inserts and being in Fanfiction.net before discovering that RP was a thing. (Yes those were the dark ages, we don't speak of those anymore >.>) Now I am at the stage of RPing and writing my very own original novel.

Wellllll....... I am not sure I am capable of running the perfect roleplay, but to me roleplaying is about fun. So making sure both sides enjoy it at all times is what matters most. So my ideal Roleplay is one where there is communication, understanding and common sense of about the same level from both sides *salts* If the RP can see an end (in the sense of being able to finish all of the major character and/or arcs) even better!

Well..... assuming I get to live (I can be quite the naive/goody two-shoes), I am already well on my way of being useful as a farmer/animal breeder and perhaps even highjacking medicinal facilities to give them life. I also tend to keep a big library on all sorts of things and I craft too. So I would say my chances of being shot for being useless are relatively low. Right? 😅

Oh gosh! Too many things and a lot more that I don't have the time or resources for. I do crafting of the cosplay sort, I do wood working, leather working, fencing, archery and I am dabbling in photography and 3D design lately. Planning on a potential YT channel for now (I miss a vital piece of equipment, which is a decent camera XD). I should also finish a master thesis but shhhhh >.>

How did I stumble onto Iwaku?
It was on TopRPSites and I remember the layout from when a friend was on here and telling me about it. Soon after some months, I have decided to join but now, that friend has given up roleplay but yet, still I remain.

I have been a storyteller for quite some time and started on a chat system doing one or two lines before being taught how to paragraph write and T1, which is a fighting style. Before roleplaying, I was a kid with dreams and going to school, entering writing competitions but of course, I had to get a narrative prompt so I could tell a story.

If you got to join or run your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?
Something loaded with angst, romance, or supernatural. I love vampires, werewolves, and witches! I blame Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Teen Wolf. But I love all types of roleplay, so anything worth writing would be perfect.

Let's face it, we're heading to a post-apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
I'd probably be a leader or second in command to one of the groups that would rise up. I wouldn't be the best at anything else but let me give orders or even speak, I will be very proficient. Or perhaps, a vet.

Hmm, I love to play the piano, hang out with friends, do karaoke whenever I can, and I love to read along with binge-watch some shows. I basically have no life, for real. 😂

Even though you already know me, I am going to answer because fuck it (love you Diana)
How did you stumble into Iwaku?​
I honestly have no clue as it was so god damn long ago.

Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?​
I have always been creative, but I started roleplaying and writing at 14. Was introduced by a friend, got way more into it than she was, and it was downhill from there

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?​
Something cute but dramatic and full of romance

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?​
Probably a vet, like I hope to do now. I will cure all those beef cattle or strange messed up creatures we rely on for food

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!​
Honestly not much since school, but videogames, sewing, and a myriad of other creative things because my brain can't not have things going on.