1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
owlmother.png

HELLO BEBES. I AM THE OWL MOTHER.

BECAUSE I AM AN OWL, NOT A MOM.

WELL TECHNICALLY I AM A MOM NOW BUT THAT WAS BY INHERITANCE.

I DIGRESS.

DEAREST MINIONS OF IWAKU, I SEEK TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND MEET NEW PEOPLE.

Sometimes I have a hard time making new friends, which I thought was because I am a hyper-senstive introvert, but it turns out I am autistic and connecting with people can be difficult. ⊙◇◉ Running a site like Iwaku helps me meet cool peeps in a safe place that is all about my FAVORITE THING IN THE UNIVERSE! C R E A T I N G S T O R I E S.

As a roleplayer my candy-treat is character driven storylines where characters grow! Also a lot of kissing a nekkidness. I love a wide variety of genres, but I spend an obscene amount of time in Modern Supernatural settings. Most of the time you'll find me on discord telling everyone they are not my favorite child, or running weekly Chat Roleplays.

If you want to ask me anything, I'm always delighted to answer questions about myself or Iwaku but--

ANSWER MY QUESTIONTASTIC WORDS SO THAT I MIGHT COME TO KNOW THEE
⊙◇⊙

How did you stumble into Iwaku?

Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!​

I was a wee girl wandering the wilds of the internet in search of a friendly roleplay community to join. The site was one of the first in the search results.

Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying, what did you do?
I definitely would say I am a storyteller. Before roleplaying, I would LARP with myself since no friends. I loved to write and draw; creating worlds and living in them as a character has always been something I have enjoyed doing since I was little.

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY, what would it be?
My perfect roleplay to run would probably be a high fantasy adventure with multiple storylines and roleplay perks galore! (experience points, classes, etc.) I have too many good ideas to pick just one for the plot, however.

Let's face it; we're heading to a post-apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
Collector of Oddities, Scavenger of the Wastes

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!
I am an avid artist. I am currently getting my bachelor's degree in Game Development to turn some of my old roleplay ideas into video games! I love to play video games, too; right now, Pokemon Unite is consuming my attention, but I love other games like Hades, Stardew Valley, and Planet Zoo.

P.S.
Love to the Owl Mom! Hugs Galore :D
ghxvWb.jpg

ghxpwX.jpg

ghxoqe.jpg

ghxGHM.jpg

ghvy6P.jpg

ghxmmF.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Monbon
Hello hello I am the Monmonbon. I followed along with the group of people from Mocospace but more quietly. I lurked for some time and left then returned at a later time. Even I'm not clear what happened because my memory is garbage. I think I had an account previously and forgot every single detail. Hoping it's deleted by now because it was so long ago the only word i recall from it is Halcyon. But I could be wrong. I tried a lot of sites but eventually settled on this one.

I don't remember. I probably played more games back then and read a lot. Manga specifically. My local library had a fantastic selection to choose from.

Never run. The only thing I'm good at running is away if anything. Perfect rp would be something lighthearted and comedic yet dark enough for characters to maybe not make it to the end. Also a fan of things that involve supernatural and fantasy. I've been diving deep into eastern shit lately though. I love it when characters make connections with each other. I don't really care much about where the plot goes as long as connections are made and played with.

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
I'd probably be the first to die because I'm picky and stubborn. If there is no good food, I'd rather not be here.

Reading, snooping, gossiping, starting shit. S L E E P I N G, listening to music. Typical hermit things. I do like the occasional walking outside so long as there are no people. I love people but from a very safe distance. Pretty much social distancing before it was cool.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Diana
Hiiiiii!!! It is very nice to know that you were able to figure out some more about yourself :D I've learned that when you learn about something within yourself, it becomes a little easier to approach how to cope with things that would normally get to you. Do you find it any easier to deal with things? :O

Ok ok ok you have some good questions, Owl Mama. So Mo shall answer them as best Mo can!

How did you stumble into Iwaku?: I was searching the internet some years back and I found Iwaku. There were hundreds of sites T_T but Iwaku seemed the most engaging at the time. Like people actually talked to each other and welcomed new people without 'avoiding' them if that makes sense. Sometimes everyone just prefers to stick to their cliques but Iwaku was very welcoming :3

Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?: I have most definitely always been a storyteller. I'm really good at making up fictional stories and characters with full blown backgrounds in seconds. I think it comes from my brain being able to multitask and I've created a TON of short stories, bedtime stories, novels. Haha and haven't published a thing :D

Before roleplaying I was kind of just a kid who struggled to focus on things. I've been roleplaying since I was 12 (I'm 28 now). Back then it was just in chatrooms and fairly lazy until I found a community (that is now a dating site. weird) that was dedicated to roleplaying. I was more focused on being a better artist at that age though so nowhere near as serious as I take it now. I've found I prefer writing the story over drawing it.

If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?: I would have a murder game to be honest. The characters get unknowingly locked in a mansion (or some other structure because I've rewritten so many variants for this idea). Some characters drugged to be put there, some thinking it was a vacation, some just there from trying to crash the party. While they're there, the hosts try to kill them. Torture. I don't get to play too many gore or basic murder plots so for something like this it'd be insane. Survivors move on to different rounds until a winner emerges.

Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?: Good question. I'd be the gatherer/gardener that would aide the medical character(s). Fairly energetic, possibly annoying (a little bit) but loyal to those worth trusting.

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplaying?: Games. Oh my GOD games. I play so many but currently my go-to time waster is Knockout City. It's just fun for me. All-time is Hitman but tied with Dead by Daylight. I recently started playing (like beginning of summer).

• Love
No questions really, I always watch the red names with awe and respect. That said, I will answer the questions.

Stumbled onto it a while ago, basically got booted from some random-ass other forum that I started a roleplaying section in and it got too big XD Found this soon after while searching for a new home with those folks.

Sorta? Started rping because of the IB game, stumbled onto a group specifically for rping it, didn't quite know what that was at the time but wanted more. After that, just started roleplays based around other games I liked with other friends, wound up making the biggest rp thread on a given forum for quite a while.

Probably...a long term, fairly dark plot about the self-destruction of a man during his revenge. He achieves exactly what he set out to do but in the end he's totally lost his humanity and done to others what set him out in the first place.

Story-Teller/Manager. I fuckin love talking, holy shit I love talking. I could tell stories for DAYS, I always picture myself sitting around that campfire regaling tales everyone's heard one thousand times. Either that, or logistically planning things out, I'm good at that.

I love gaming mostly. That and reading. Mostly gaming though. I find lots of indie hipster shit and play it, lots of stinkers but sometimes you find a gem.

Actually, I lied. I do have a question, how doth the GREAT RED NAMES find partners? I never see you guys reaching out/posting threads for it. Just curious. Then again, perhaps no one visits my neck of the deep, dark woods.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I was looking for a roleplay forum for my brother.

When I was a smol boi I wrote and illustrated stories in crayon. Also in Paint and in STORYBOOK WEAVER

Something with ghosts and touching butts. Possibly with ghosts touching butts

Lol I'll be dead as fuck

I like playing video games, reading, and shitposting memes to my friends on Discord.

• Haha
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ashi and Diana
I've learned that when you learn about something within yourself, it becomes a little easier to approach how to cope with things that would normally get to you. Do you find it any easier to deal with things? :O

Surprisingly YES. I've always had issues, but I was moooostly managing? But because of some severe life changes this year I was starting to have daily panic attacks and meltdowns. And then in this weird epiphany moment during the summer after seeing a video of how autism presents in girls, I was OH FUCK. IS THAT ME. I haven't had a panic attack since, and I'm seeing a therapist now to help me navigate the bigger things. O_O Somehow just knowing helped put a lifetime into perspective.

Actually, I lied. I do have a question, how doth the GREAT RED NAMES find partners? I never see you guys reaching out/posting threads for it. Just curious.

I'll post in partner requests just like everyone else. 8D But I haven't done so in a really really long time. Partly because of some major life shifts that have kinda prevented me from being able to roleplay as much as a like, but mostly because I am legitimately scared of meeting new people one on one. O_O So I host chat roleplays cause that's less scary somehow.

Ah, cool. I can't really stand group rps anymore, had a lot of bad experiences with them and I'm just too darn picky these days XD

after seeing a video of how autism presents in girls, I was OH FUCK. IS THAT ME
If you just so happen to remember that video, I would more than welcome you sending it this way. I've been petrified to tell my doc because December was my first medical visit of any kind (very traumatic) but I started seeing a primary. She's nice. But before that I hadn't been to the doc in 10 years because no one ever believed me XD I would just like to show the doc something to say, "You see this? That's me. That's .1% of me" XD Oh man. No, but I'm glad you're doing better and getting life together :) Baby steps Owl Mama! <3

hello hello our all seeing Owl Mother that is not a mother but is in a way! I hope you’re having a great night/day/afternoon, and I am so excited to get answer some fun questions you have for us! :) it’s always nice to get a chance to go back to your roots and Kinda answer some simple questions that are actually very in depth, sorta like reading between the lines and going back to what it all means :) and as some one who has never really gotten the chance to talk to you more personally, I’m so excited to answer your questions in particular, so, I’ll start!

How did I stumble into Iwaku? Well, i was roleplaying for a couple years prior to finding Iwaku in 2016, mostly just some random discord chats or even finding mutuals on Instagram under the roleplay tag, but Iwaku was definitely the first official roleplaying site I found and joined IMMEDIATELY XD

Have I always been a storyteller, and what did I do before roleplaying? Omg I remember in elementary school I use to create and write my own books! Id fold and staple a stack of paper, illustrate and read to the class all of the ‘books’ I made, which was a very big thing for me because up until I was around 5-6 I didn’t know how to talk! I had to go to speech therapy to learn to talk, so storytelling was my way of practicing :) I also wrote very extensive essays and thesis’ throughout highschool, and got more into poetry and comic book type drawing when I got into college.

If I got to join -or run- my perfect roleplay, what would it be? SEE THIS IS THE GOOD STUFF RIGHT HERE! I actually have a very amazing partner rn, the glorious @mannabeast is my inspiration and perfect partner! So it’s safe to say that our current and past role plays have been by far my all time favorite, but I think if I had to pick, I would definitely want to go back to my old school role play days where role plays last literal years! Lots and lots of twists and turns, enough world building to make an entire novel! I am a huge fan of world building, side characters, pieces all coming together, and action/romance, and id want my RP to reflect that in the most epic way possible! Thankfully Manna gets that and matches my energy every time, and through our rp’s I’ve gotten so much better at writing. My perfect rp would be jaw dropping, tear jerking, heart pounding, blush inducing, and as irresistibly impossible to not read! Rp is suppose to be fun and exciting and a way for us to escape, and honestly, as long as my partner is having a grand time and we are both communicating and collaborating, that’s all that matters to me! :)

What would my role be in an apocalyptic world? Honestly, I’ve always been pegged the ‘mom and dad’ by my friends, I always make sure to keep everyone safe and well fed during hang outs, the DD to drunken parties and night outs, and the one who has reservations in line! So I would definitely say my role in this chaotic world we are nearing would most definitely be the sort of leader/nurturer, I’d always plan ahead and keep us moving, safe, and together. And when tough decisions come forth, I will be the harsh gavel of justice that will make the tough calls. That, or, the lone wolf XD there are times that I would only want to be alone, especially group projects in my school days, so moving and working alone would be just as acceptable :)

What are some things I love to do outside of Roleplay? Idk…I guess work and wait to reply? XD honestly, as much as I love roleplaying, I’ve learned that irl is not always so bad :) I have my amazing, spunky, shit head for a kitten that I love and watch grow, my AMAZING boyfriend who knows sometimes I just want to lay and eat junk food and watch the same three tv shows over and over again, and he doesn’t complain for a second :,) <3 I love to draw and paint and write poetry and budget, I love to organize and reorganize and then maybe organize again, it makes my brain feel nice -3- I love my job as a kennel tech at a shelter, to take care of animals who have no one and to watch them go to loving homes, even if I come home covered in bruises, possible feces, dog hair and entire body aches, I love love LOVE my job. Outside of roleplaying, my life is always busy, but never simple, and never boring :) as someone who has always both struggled and not struggled in social situations, let go of some rather toxic people in my life recently, and use everyday to learn what it means to be a 21 year old woman in this world, I find that even though I love to escape into worlds w others through roleplaying, irl isn’t too bad. I know you’ve gotten very long, extensive, and very well put replies, but I can only hope that maybe we can chat some time soon, maybe even roleplay and just give each other something to fill the time with! :) I always have plenty of plot ideas in mind, and if not that, then I’m always willing to chat and just exist XD have a good day/afternoon/night Owl Mother! :)​

• Love
Reactions: A Crow and Diana
Not really a huge talker, but

I was looking for resources for a group slice of life discord I was running a few years back and stumbled on the site because someone had written a guide to running them.

Kind of on and off. I always did some level of roleplaying, although it was normally just make believe playing with my siblings before I started finding roleplaying stuff.

Honestly, I don't believe in a perfect roleplay because I'll always find something new, shiny, and interesting that'll be my new favorite for a while.

Probably that one guy that remembers a lot of how things worked before the apocalypse

Mostly video games and reading. I don't have nearly as much free time as I wish I did, though.

Im not that interesting but here we go…

I was recommended iwaku from somebody back in 2019 when the site we were using got shut down for roleplays.

Ive been roleplaying since i was 11 and im 21 now so its been 10 whole ass years X’D. I guess before roleplaying i was running around on my lunchbreaks pretending to be a horse >.< little did i know that was something I did to escape reality heh

An asylum based roleplay where each person can shapeshift into a species of their choice. They have to escape from this place by forming allies and working together to over come obstacles in their path to freedom.

The confused person who whines about every small choice because im a basic bitch who lives in my bed like im hibernating.

I like to edit dumb disney videos and drink monsters whilst fixating on opossums.

if anyones asks, yes
I am autistic -

Q: How did you stumble into Iwaku?
A: I used a search engine and clicked on a link.

Q: Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?
A: I've been roleplaying with friends ever since I was a kid, in person, with nerf guns and stuff. Eventually I swapped over to writing because the in-person stuff was too limiting, with having to find a place to run around and having to pick up the nerf darts and the travel, you know, all that jazz.

Q: If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?
A: This question is ill-formed. For something to be 'perfected', it requires superlative attributes. But roleplay is art. Superlative attributes cannot be applied to art without first defining a distinct ultimate purpose for art. Applying the term 'your' in order to make the evaluation subjective fails to correct this error, because subjective attributes cannot provide an ultimate purpose for their referent, only a personal one. The correct formation of this question should therefore be, "What is the ultimate purpose of art, and how may this be perfectly expressed through the medium of roleplay?"

But yeah, I suppose that's missing the point. Okay, fine, here's a more serious answer.

A: I would enjoy something like an isekai with an in-depth magic system that is completely internally consistent. I could always appreciate some wilderness survival, exploration, mystery elements, and gradual power progression, combined with sophisticated and well-formed dialogue. I would also want any religious or political factions involved in the setting to be internally consistent and comprehensible. Needless to say, my partner would have to be just as passionate about it as I am, otherwise it would probably fall short at some point.

Q: Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
A: Wasteland = I die. I'm lazy as a house cat, so there's no way I'll be prepared for that. My role will be 'human flesh sack' or 'rotting corpse', in all likelihood. Ooh, or maybe I could be optimistic and say 'wild animal bait'.

Q: What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!
A: Reading articles, watching other people play video games, and a limited subset of all generic normal-person stuff.

owlmother.png

HELLO BEBES. I AM THE OWL MOTHER.

BECAUSE I AM AN OWL, NOT A MOM.

WELL TECHNICALLY I AM A MOM NOW BUT THAT WAS BY INHERITANCE.

I DIGRESS.

DEAREST MINIONS OF IWAKU, I SEEK TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND MEET NEW PEOPLE.

Sometimes I have a hard time making new friends, which I thought was because I am a hyper-senstive introvert, but it turns out I am autistic and connecting with people can be difficult. ⊙◇◉ Running a site like Iwaku helps me meet cool peeps in a safe place that is all about my FAVORITE THING IN THE UNIVERSE! C R E A T I N G S T O R I E S.

As a roleplayer my candy-treat is character driven storylines where characters grow! Also a lot of kissing a nekkidness. I love a wide variety of genres, but I spend an obscene amount of time in Modern Supernatural settings. Most of the time you'll find me on discord telling everyone they are not my favorite child, or running weekly Chat Roleplays.

If you want to ask me anything, I'm always delighted to answer questions about myself or Iwaku but--

ANSWER MY QUESTIONTASTIC WORDS SO THAT I MIGHT COME TO KNOW THEE
⊙◇⊙

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!​
Q: How did you stumble into Iwaku?
A: A friend recommended it to me after I needed some method to escape a bad bout of depression/some bad IRL situation.

Q: Have you always been a storyteller? Before roleplaying what did you do?
A: Yeah, been writing some stories featuring some post apocalyptic stuff, supernatural stuff and blending genres together and hoping the book I be working on is gonna finally be sent out for distribution.

Q: If you got to join (or run!) your PERFECT ROLEPLAY what would it be?
A: An rp that blended Sci Fi, Supernatural into one coherent blend that works well wherein I get to pull out some characters of mine off of the shelf.

Q: Lets face it, we're heading to a post apocalyptic wasteland. What role are you going to play in our new civilization?
A: The herald of the machine, to aid the feeble flesh and bring out a union of machine and humanity to explore the stars. Also collector of cats.

Q: What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!
A: Writing, cooking, baking and playing apocalyptic games.

Hello, Mom.

1. I was invited here, to join the Evrensel Conflict, by courtesy of @Epiphany.

2. It's always been a passion of mine, to craft narratives and explore themes, to coax fairytale and weave characterisation until it strains to form the most exalted unit of storytelling: fiction. As for what I did before... well, nothing of particular interest; I lived, I partied, I studied, and I worked.

3. Weaverdice.

4. By experience and dint of education, I would likely be suited for any of the following roles in a post-apocalyptic tribal community: Law Enforcement, Explorer, Bureaucrat, Archivist, Linguist, Diplomat.

5. Partying, video games, movies, TV shows, writing, cooking, browsing the Internet, studying, working on a Mothman musical that I plan to never release, making art (whether digital or traditional,) editing stupid images, hiking, martial arts, learning how to build a steam engine/backyard engineering, extreme sports... Honestly, I'll do anything to stave off boredom. Although I have to say that writing is my true calling and passion; I intend to become the best writer in the world, and I will never stop in my intentions until I am dead or broken!

That's about it.

Yours Sincerely,
Birdsie.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Epiphany and Diana
I'm looking into adopting OwlMom as my real Mom, although I am in my late twenties D:

I don't actually remember. >_> I think it might actually have been through one of those RPG voting sites

I've been telling stories for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory is of making up stories in the brownies for my friends and the rest of the troupe! I wrote stories in notebooks and in word processors before learning about RP through a NeoPets rip off called MaraPets... and the rest is history :D

Ah man, I've been asking this to myself a lot recently. Given how disappointed I was that Bloodlines 2 was effectively cancelled during the year, a dark modern setting, with supernatural creatures galore and all the intrigue, backroom politicking and conniving that goes on in trying to keep the community mostly hidden from the humans. I'd also like to experiment with blending traditional forum and table top elements seriously for a change :D brb, going looking up different systems to take inspiration from.

Technowitch, maintainer and collector of computing knowledge and wielder of an ancient IMB Thinkpad. Also mender of clothes and bags.

i cook, bake, drink too much coffee, code, pet cats, draw, sketch, stitch and sew!

I didn't stumble, I was dragged :v by the likes of @Nemopedia back in 2014. Back then I wasn't really interested in rping as much, and I abandoned the hobby altogether in college. But I finally became active in late 2017, and I've been here since.

I used to draw and write little short stories in second grade. Writing has almost always been a hobby of mine, right alongside concert band in school.

That's a really hard question! There are so many genres and plot ideas that I love. But I guess what I would love to join the most right now is a very well-crafted, well-run post-apocalyptic roleplay. Emphasis on well-run -- just not by me. Laziness is a blessing, ladies and gents.

Easy. I'll peddle my medical skills so cannibals won't eat me.

What are some things you love doing outside of roleplay!?
I love volleyball. And basketball. And pretty much any sport besides baseball (yeah I said it.) I don't play any besides the first one, but I do enjoy watching the games. I'm an avid video game player too, though I've slowed down some thanks to work.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia and Diana

I've been writing since I was a kid. I think Gaia was the first place I ever roleplayed-- something like 17 years ago. Weird.

My hyperfixation is Greek mythology-- so of course, my perfect roleplay would revolve around that. It would be super cool if it had a DND-like system implemented too-- rolling to see how your character does with certain actions, a health bar maybe, etc.

Honestly, I would end up in a protector or caregiver role. Helping people is something that I seem to do well.

A wide variety of video games, I have a weekly DND session I play in, reading either books or manga, longboarding, playing guitar and piano, singing, being absolutely obsessed with adoptable sites (like dragon cave), etc.

Another member got me to come here as where we rp'd was garbage.

I played Video games and was one of the world's last great adventurers with crazy stories.

Something anime with a setting I find interesting and that it has committed reasonable to fast posting rpers driven to finish it.

1635616588307.png

Going on walks in the woods or parks no one uses. Games, weapons and anime.

Honestly, I don't really remember. I think it was from going in search for new forum roleplay sites that weren't dying at the time and I ended up finding Iwaku and found a lot of people interested into group roleplays which was a huge plus for me.

Well, I've always been back and forth when it came to storytelling. During elementary and into high school I enjoyed drawing little comics of stick figures(funny now whenever I look at them.) and would come up with stories for every single one of them. I mean I eventually stopped due to the bullying but I mean somehow I think that got me into writing my stories.

Ooh...a perfect roleplay? Hmm...I really don't know. I mean if it would be a perfect roleplay for me it would probably would be something fantasy or sci-fi. Whether it be post apocalyptic or not doesn't really matter.

HOARD HOARD HOARD!!! I'll be that one person to go around and take way more than I need and hide till I die.

or..

Try to form friendships with whoever I can and RULE THE WORLD.

Gaming...Sleeping...Eating....Hmmmm...yeah, that's about it.