Owaru No Sekai - Xrossover Battle [ One-Shot ]

How should this Crossover Play Out?

• [ Group Rp ] - Let it play out like a regular Group RP so everyone can get along!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • [ PM Versus ] - Let it play like a fighting game Arcade Mode so everyone gets their own real focus!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [ Unsure ] - I AM AN ATTACK HELICOPTER!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Ehb

Literal No One
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
In Character Thread is Now Active!
CLOSED SIGNUPS Owaru no Sekai - Crossover Battle ( In Character )

Forward:

"Limbo. A world in which all worlds can exist. Even after the end."
"Fallen Great Spirits gather to the will of the Summoners in order to do battle."
"Together, they seek out the 'Key Fragments' to find the ultimate treasure: The Wishing Stone."
"This coveted artifact is rumored to have the power to restore their fragmented worlds from the brink of oblivion...."

Introduction

Welcome to One Shot!

In Japan, a One Shot in a Comic Artist's short story that is submitted to editors for a chance to have it serialized and expanded on. In the case of an RP One Shot, this RP that is intended to begin and ultimately resolve in the span of one month. That's right! An RP with a solid end date that just so happens to be happening right during National Writing Month. Convenient no?

Owaru no Sekai (End of the World) celebrates the RPs that are finished. As in: RPs that stopped but never got an actual conclusion. In this RP you play a person with a powerful ability: As a 'Summoner' you are able to conjure and command a 'Great Spirit' - A powerful hero from a world that has been destroyed. The Setting of the RP, 'Limbo' is made up of a Patchwork of a whole slew of worlds that were destroyed through unfortunate events in their original setting. For those whom have survived the end of their worlds, their only hope of restoring things to how they were before their destruction is to find The Wishing Stone. An artifact rumored to have the power to grant any wish, even a wish to bring a world back.

The most important aspect of Summoners and Great Spirits is that they are intended to be drawn from your own pool of original characters from RP's you've participated in.

Potential Playstyles:
The Story of our One Shot can play out in one of two ways, which is detailed below.
The poll in this thread will have an affect on pretty much everything. Further information on this Rp will be dependent on poll's outcome.

Update: In the end it seems like the option to have the RP as a group RP won out. Here is the prompt for that:
(Group RP Prompt) - The Final Battle

Your characters are on the steps of what will be the final dungeon of this story. We have skipped all of the formalities and rising actions of a regular story in order to conclude this one in the span of a single month!

Your character have come from different places, and may represent different ideologies, however at this moment you are all united in order to defeat this immediate threat. A Rogue Summoner has made contract with a Spirit that supposedly has knowledge of the Paradox Method. He and his rogue followers are attempting to form the Wishing Stone itself! However, the Ideologies have confirmed to you in person that this will only repeat the tragedy of Earth Sigma, and may even cause damage greater than the last.

Your characters at this point in the story have experienced much together. Can you successfully act out that closeness and use those bonds to put an end to all of this?

• Play the RP out as a Group RP

In this Version of the RP, the plot is already at the Final Battle.

The players are working together to challenge the final dungeon and get that wishing stone. Because the story is in it's late stage, relationships between characters are randomly generated by Iwaku Dice Rolls when you sign up. Ranging anywhere from friendships and romances, to intense rivalries and bitter resentments. The crossover potential between your characters will no doubt make interesting banter, and acting out your character's randomized relationships can make for an interesting writing exercise!

Get that sought after late story banter and drama and the satisfaction of seeing an RP to the end.

• Play the RP out as a Fighting Game

In this story version, the RP's main focus is on combat.

Have you ever played something like Blazblue or Street Fighter Perhaps? You select a character, and you play through a series of Fights until you beat a set number of characters. In RP form this plays out basically the same way. Each player has their own Private Message Thread where they are the chosen character and a semi-random set of 4 characters are chosen for them to fight against.

Each week, you are expected to 'encounter' each character on your journey and fight them. Using dice rolls to determine the ehb and flow of the brawl and resolving it by the end of the week. It is worth noting that each character in their story wins all their battles. But, you also must play your character in the encounters they have in other players' stories, where that other player will ultimately win. Regardless, everyone gets their ending and wish for anything!

As always, Thank You for stopping by and giving a read! Might be an unintentionally great chance to sort of do National Writing Month but RP at the same time!

Owaru No Sekai
Xrossover Battle

Crossover-Battle-Titlecatch.jpg

Theme Song Because of Course:

In a Nutshell:

Owaru no Sekai - Xrossover Battle

Complete a tale with a cast of characters drawn from Original Characters from other RPs (doesn't even have to be from and Ehb RP or Iwaku) in a Crossover RP where everyone gets their ending within this timeline. Fight to overturn fate itself!

• Characteristic Genre Theme: The Rp Where Severed Fates Will be Rejoined
  • Format: Pending (Group or Experimental 'Arcade' Format)
  • RP Type: Original Characters Crossover, One Shot
  • Expected Post Rate: 2-3 Per Week
  • Target Cast Size: At Least around 4 trying not to go over 9.
  • Character Limit: 2 (One Summoner and One Great Spirit)
  • Mandatory Secondary Communication: Discord Server
  • Signups When?: Early-November
  • Duration: One Month

Extra:
Ehb's Intended Characters For those Interested:

YuriIcoB.jpg
Summoner: Yuri Nozomi
Hisakawa Koukousei III - My High School Life is Despairingly Governed by the Cruelly Impartial RNG
A Prim and Proper Honor Student in all respects. Tries to be pleasant but is also seemingly always on the brink of being overwhelmed.

TsubahaIcN.jpg
Great Spirit: Tsubaha Moriya ( Swordstress )
Aachen Rizen Compile - Kenno Matsuri
The First Empress of Shang-Tousa, and the first Swordmaxter in her world. Though a bit small in stature, she wields her two blades with explosive skill.

Updates:

11/2 - Group RP Won out as the chosen play-style. It is now possible to do pre-sign up rolls for those who wish to proceed forward. See this post for details. Additionally, details about the RP's setting are further detailed out in this other post for those interested.
11/5 - The Character Sheet and Ehb's Characters' Sheets have been posted. Sign ups are officially go!

@RedArmyShogun Because I promised to.

Last edited:
I am interested. I'll keep my eye open for sure

• Thank You
Reactions: Ehb
Is this the time for my annual revival? I guess it is. For old time sake I guess

• Thank You
I'm in!
I... probably gotta go digging around in my thread for people I've played...

• Thank You
Sure, why not.

• Thank You
Thank you for showing interest everyone! As it stands I'm imagining that we're leaning towards a group rp and a final battle.
I'm gonna let the voting and interest check cook a little longer but i imagine I'll be able to have signups open by this weekend.

EDIT:

Alright. I seems Group RP has won out. The RP will proceed as a Group RP.

(Group RP Prompt) - The Final Battle

Your characters are on the steps of what will be the final dungeon of this story. We have skipped all of the formalities and rising actions of a regular story in order to conclude this one in the span of a single month!

Your character have come from different places, and may represent different ideologies, however at this moment you are all united in order to defeat this immediate threat. A Rogue Summoner has made contract with a Spirit that supposedly has knowledge of the Paradox Method. He and his rogue followers are attempting to form the Wishing Stone itself! However, the Ideologies have confirmed to you in person that this will only repeat the tragedy of Earth Sigma, and may even cause damage greater than the last.

Your characters at this point in the story have experienced much together. Can you successfully act out that closeness and use those bonds to put an end to all of this?

In order to complete pre-sign up, please fill out the sheet below. In this RP, certain things will be decided by a Dice Roll that will have an effect on your character. In the case of the group RP, these die roll will determine how your Summoner-Great Spirit Pair has done up to the start of the RP.

In the Post Below this one Ehb Has gone through the below process for their characters.

Pre-Sign Up Form

Summoner Character:
CHARACTER_NAME
Spoken Text Color: TEXT_COLOR_CODE_#
RP of Origin: ORIGIN_RP_NAME

Summoners Typically Come From RPs with more peaceful settings such as school and romance RPs. Though I will be lenient in the creation of an original character if you do not have one you wish to use.

-> *If the RP is outside of Iwaku please give a proper link to the sheet or transfer it to applicable Iwaku Location like the test labs. If the website is old and has potential 'danger' please put make a special note of it as courtesy to the others.

Great Spirit Character: CHARACTER_NAME
Spoken Text Color: TEXT_COLOR_CODE_#
RP of Origin: ORIGIN_RP_NAME

Great Spirits are typically drawn from any RP you've participated in that involved combat. Note that all great spirits summoned into the world of Limbo are not brought in with their original bodies, but rather as copies of both mind and body. What this means is that everyone is technically at the same level of power, but may be specialized towards their particular talents or techniques.

-> *Ditto

Set up a Romance? [Y/N]
Would you like Ehb to make it that you're character is romantically involved at this point with another appicable member? Namely members who have also asked to set up a romance. Aditionally, relationships will default to hetero unless the player requests otherwise. Note that due to the size of the cast romances are not garunteed.

Fill in Story with Tropes Exercise? [Y/N]
Do you want to have a writing exercise? If you select yes, Ehb will roll for 3 random but reasonable tropes on tvtropes that your character will be required to have present in their bio describing their story thus far. Useful if you want a challenge or just want ideas for your character sheet describing a character at the end of a story.

Tropes will be rolled for those who ask for them right before full character sheet skeletons are released.

Now, Roll x [ Two ] of [ Three sided dice ]. You can also roll an optional Third die. Below describes what the dice rolls will decide upon.
You are allowed a single re-roll set if you want to try your luck but make sure to do your rolls only in sets of up to three.

Die 1: Bond to Party
Decides the Closeness Your Summoner-Spirit Pair has with the party in general. Namely, their emotional investment to them as a whole.
1 - Necessary Allies
2 - Good Friends
3 - Like Family

Die 2: Performance Rank
Decides how well the Summoner-Spirit Pair has generally performed in the narrative up to this point.
1 - Excellently Skilled
2 - Capable of Doing So
3 - Eager to Prove

Die 3 (Optional): Ideology
Optional Roll. Decides what Ideology the Summoner-Spirit Pair is a part of.
1 - Independent (No Ideology)
2 - Restoration
3 - Unification

Last edited:
Pre-Sign Up Form

Summoner Character:
Yuri Nozomi
Spoken Text Color: #DFBCDA
RP of Origin: Hisakawa Koukousei III - My High School Life is Despairingly Governed by the Cruelly Impartial RNG

Great Spirit Character: Tsubaha Moriya
Spoken Text Color: #FF0000
RP of Origin:
Aachen Rizen Compile: Kenno Matsuri

Set up a Romance? [ No ]
Fill in Story with Tropes Exercise? [ Yes ]

Roll Set Chosen: A

(Yes I accidentally hit Throw an Extra Die on Accident...)

Question! Are summoners also supposed to be for dead rps? Is there any prerequisites for them?

@Reanimator Spuds
Summoners in an ideal world would've come from a more peaceful setting. Like a school RP for example. Though because not everyone RP's as highschoolers I will allow for leniency in making an original summoner character for the purpose of making the prerequisite.

Great Spirits are typically any character that came from an RP where any kind of combat was involved. Note though, whether high fantasy, low fantasy, or anything around and in between, all Spirit Characters are either buffed or debuffed to technically be around the same strength. While I wouldn't want to advertise them as being the Servants from the Fate Series, they're basically at the level of Servants in the Fate Series.

Clarifications for these items will be edited in.

In addition. I just realized I never explained exactly what Ideologies are. Here is backend info to look at if people need clarification or insights on certain things.

Owaru No Sekai Compedaeia

Information about Owaru no Sekai's history and workings is explained in detail here.

The Peculiar World of Limbo

Limbo

The World in which Owaru no Sekai takes place in.

Limbo has always been described as being a patchwork of different worlds that are tied together by large any mysterious mists. Each 'patch' of world only encompasses a small location and small sampling of the population of the former world. Worlds can vary widely, from the interiors of large space stations, wide and open fields, entire districts of cities... the variety that a traveler brave enough to step into the void can see is mind boggling. But most common people choose to reside in their home world, for fear of getting lost in Limbo and never being able to return home is very real. The danger of being 'killed' outside of their home world by local conditions or by rogue Summoners and their Spirit Servants is also very prelevant.

All the worlds for all of there differences share a single uniting trait. They were all once much bigger and fuller worlds that experienced some type of disaster that lead to their destruction. It seems like whatever ruling celestial bodies, whether it be gods or the universe itself, has saved a sampling of them to exist in stagnation for eternity.

'Mapping' of the Patchwork Worlds is governed by the Ruling Ideologies, though certain routes are common knowledge, ever growing maps detailed by Ideology Explorers are closely guarded secrets. That being said, there is nothing really stopping anyone from exploring Limbo to their satisfaction, though the inherent dangers make that choice one rarely taken!

The Summoners - Masters of the Great Spirits

Summoners

Individuals of the Patchwork worlds are seemingly randomly selected to be able to summon a powerful being to serve them. These individuals are simply known as Summoners.

The ability to summon and control one's spirit is what gives a person - and the lofty ideologies for that matter - the power to exert influence among the smattering of worlds in Limbo. Summoning a Spirit is something that not everyone is used to, especially for individuals who originate from worlds where anything in the form of Magic did not exist. It is common for the Ideologies to send representatives in order to find, train, and recruit new summoners in order to bolster their forces.

Summoners enjoy the benefit of having a powerful companion to protect them from the dangers of the other worlds, and from other Summoners with bad intentions!

Great Spirits - Arbiters of True Power in Limbo

Great Spirits

Familiars, Phantoms, Zombies, or Summoned. The beings that Summoners are able to call upon at will sometimes go by various names. However, their power and legendary status is universally understood within Limbo.

Spirits are cut from the same cloth as the people who inhabit the Patchwork Worlds. Unlike regular inhabitants though, Spirits do not awaken in their patchwork world of origin. While details are mostly conjecture, it is believed that spirits come from a pool of strong souls that new Summoners randomly form a 'bond' with. This bond gives the Summoner exclusive summoning rights to that Spirit until the pair are 'killed'. Either by unfortunate events, or by the actions of another Summoner Spirit Pair. Oftentimes, Spirits - like their Summoner Masters are only made aware of the destruction of their original world when they are first manifested into reality by their Summoner.

The difference of power of a Spirit Versus any regular individual or Summoner is astronomical. In general, it is understood that one can only combat a Great Spirit with another Great Spirit to have any hope of a fair match. While not manifested into the world, Spirits exist within the consciousness of their Summoner - which is such a breech of privacy that most Summoners will typically keep them manifested in the world!

Additionally, it is worth noting that it is in a Great Spirit's interest to obey and protect their Summoner. Should the Spirit be completely oblitherated, or the Summoner killed, the spirit returns to the pool from which they were pulled from which leads to the destruction of any memory that they made after forming a bond with their Summoner. Rowdy or disobedient spirits are brought to obedience through the infamous 'Command Migraine'. A painful head-splitting headache that persists when a Spirit disobeys their Summoner. Though, it is not unheard of for a Great Spirit to willfully destroy themselves and their master when they find the relationship to be unbearable!

The Ideologies - Seekers of Salvation from Limbo

The Ideolologies

The Ideologies are the only organizations in Limbo that can exert influence multiple worlds within Limbo.

They both pursue an answer to a universal question within this realm. 'What are we do about this situation?'. Two major answers came of this: The Ideology of Unification, and the Ideology of Restoration. To this end, they both seek out the Key Fragments to lead them to the Wishing Stone. Which is said to have the power to grant any wish.

Both Ideologies seek out new worlds in the patchwork in order to train and recruit new Summoners to join their cause. Curiously, the Ideologies do not aggressively recruit these candidates under threat, but rather they both perform the necessary but noble function of informing these new worlds of the situation they are in within limbo universe. New summoners who discover their ability to summon are trained to summon their Great Spirit Effectively and are given a choice to join either ideology. Most end up doing so, though some, more adventurous sorts seek out adventure and discovery on their own, accepting the inherent risks that brings!

Restoration - The Ideology of the Obvious Choice

Ideologies: Restoration

The Ideology of Restoration is essentially a group of Summoner's who aspire to use the Wishing Stone in order to restore all the worlds of Limbo to the way that they once were. A very valid choice as that is what most would want to have this happen when they first arrive.

Originally, the Restoration Ideology was the 'Ideology' of the first Summoner's who banded together in order to find the Wishing Stone when the first Key Fragments were united. A long, long, time ago, the First Worlds simply had their Summoners Warring Against one another in fruitless attempts to take each other's patchwork world over.

The rise of the Ideologies, despite their intimidating implications, are foundations that have allowed for a level of order to be reached that is above what was once complete Anarchy between the worlds!

Unification - The Ideology of Logical Realization

Ideologies: Unification

The Ideology of Unification existed as a sort of counter reformation to the Ideals of the Original Summoner Order. This movement belives the best use of the Wishing Stone is to not try to wish for something as impossible as restoring each world to it's own, but rather a wish for a united world for everyone.

As the search for the Key Fragments went on, there was debate about just how powerful the Wishing Stone would be. Could it really restore each and every single world to the way it was? For those whom had come from worlds with a Magical System in place they deemed it simply impossible. They believed that the power to could only reasonably used to calm the chaos that was being cause by the intricacies and stagnation of Limbo Universe. So, their desire is to bring about a new world were time can once again truly move forward, and escape this 'Unending Purgatory' they've been sent to.

The Unification Ideology is foremost in the research into the workings of Limbo. It is worth noting that it is actually formed at it's core by the people whom had began the search for the Wishing Stone in the First Place!

Death in Limbo - Not Quite as Thought

'Death' in Limbo

No one really ever dies in Limbo. However the fear of the unknown, and losing one's memory is something that keeps most from being too cavalier.

When an individual ceases to be, whether it be getting shot through the head, crushed by a bolder, or cut up into little pieces - no matter the devastation of the physical trauma, after a single cycle the individual will be reformed and restored to perfect condition. Coming back with no signs of the trauma. However, there is a cost - the individual will return, but their memory is reset to the moment that they first arrived in Limbo, leading them to once again relive the trauma of waking up in this strange new land. A Summoner who dies will also lose all bonds with their Great Spirits as well, and require a new bond to be formed.

It is worth noting that an individual's resurrection seems to be governed by the overriding rule that they are kept free of harm upon returning. For example, a test by the ideologies confirmed that throwing someone off of a ledge into a pit of lava will not have the deceased return to immediately be immolated once again. Rather, whatever greater powers will move them to a safe location to reform in a mere fraction of a second. Similar tests to the theory show that there is some logic that wishes individuals to reform in the closest safest area, which gives some minor comfort on the subject.

Curiously, Great Spirits operate on a similar rule. But in practice, a Spirit that is about to be defeated will usually be immediately de-summoned before a final fatal blow is struck. But it is not impossible to obliterate a spirit as well under the correct circumstances!

Paradox, and the Incident of 'After'

The Destruction of Earth Sigma

The Paradox Event, and the Demise of the Patchwork of Earth Sigma, was one of the most destructive events in Limbo Universe's history.

Within both Ideologies, research into the workings of Limbo Universe lead to the discovery of the Paradox Method. In a nutshell, this method allowed for the creation of new matter. This lead to the thought that Key Fragments could be manifested / manufactured to speed up the slow progress of finding the Wishing Stone. Earth Sigma, the location of a Key Fragment, was used as the staging ground for this test without full permission from the governing Ideologies or the Patchwork world itself.

It is unknown what happened exactly during the test. Some accounts say that a disaster took place as a direct result of the trial, or that the patchwork inhabitants rebelled and fought, another tale posits that a Rogue Summoner took advantage of the Paradox Method themselves and successfully replicated key fragments to their own ends. In any case, all those directly involved with the trial whom were unable to escape were never heard from again.

It was the one occasion in which a Patchwork world was 'Destroyed' or at least no longer accessible. The practice of the Paradox Method has been banned, and all known practitioners were 'obliterated', leaving knowledge of the use of Paradox all but gone - never to be sought after again.

Curiously though, while the world is gone, there is reports that inhabitants of the original patchwork do exist as Great Spirits. Leading to the conjecture that the world may still exist. Or that the pool of spirits that were drawn from it exist outside of that world.

So, You're Importing a Character from an Ehb RP

Special Import Rules of Characters from Ehb RP's

As this is an Ehb RP - a crossover nonetheless - certain special rules govern characters whom are imported from that category. If you are importing a character not from an Ehb RP then feel free to disregard these footnotes!

Relationships between existing characters will be preserved. This most prevalent to characters who originated from the the Hisakawa Koukousei RP's. Additionally, a Hisakawa character can be manifested as a Great Spirit in their Virtu-Ava Form if they had one.

Characters from the Aachen Rizen Series, most specifically the most recent installment: Kenno Matsuri, would appear in this RP in their endgame forms. That is, as they are after the 'final battle'. Clues to how these characters are in their endgame forms can be hinted in their final titles, which can be reviewed in this post here. Any additional information can be requested from the GM via PM.

Characters whom originated from the Rp's Gendou Incarnation will have no recollection of the events that befell them on Earth Sigma. It is strongly recommended to contact the GM to address the complications that arose from that ending and how that would affect this RP's incarnation of that character.

Character Title Costumes will be retained and awarded like before. However, as a rule, only your Summoner character will be given access to the function to change their title.

Finally all other requests for imports of characters relationships that may have existed will be done on a case by case basis!

Last edited:
Huh. Looking through a lot of my things, actually don't have many modern slice of life characters. At least ones that aren't combat ready. I have like two that could work I suppose.

Probably too Fantasy for a Summoner

That is my other one. If you leave the offer available though I might do the OC summoner, but I do have a Great Spirit I rather like in mind.

Summoner Character: Sukimairu Saemonsaburou
Spoken Text Color: #BFBFBF
RP of Origin: In the Name of the Company

Great Spirit Character: Kiri Moriya
Spoken Text Color: #FFB7C5
RP of Origin: Kenno Matsuri

Set up a Romance? [ No ]

Roll Set Chosen: Roll 2 (Like family, Excellently skilled, Independent Ideology)

Last edited:
Alright everyone! As it stands with the people here and the people expected in the coming days, I will start becoming a bit more weary on allowing more people in. As it stands, I think I have about 8 or so people who have expressed interest in joining in one way or another.

Right now I'm getting work done on completing templates and examples for the character sheets, and the eventual formal signup thread.

@Reanimator Spuds
The offer to just create an OC summoner is indeed still open.

Also, originally I was going to require completion of CS's before giving out discord links. However, since the probability is that the cast is already in the discord ( from previous RP's ), please feel free to PM about giving you that link should you decide to commit to joining. I'll pass it along to you to allow for a bit more quicker replies.

Pre-Sign Up Form

Summoner Character:
Ayase Matsuhima
Spoken Text Color: Whatever Orange this is. #F37934
RP of Origin:
Writing Club

Great Spirit Character: Rumiko Mitsurugi
Spoken Text Color: This here #b30000
RP of Origin:
Aachen Rizen

Romance: N
Tropes: Eh, okay, sure, why not?

@RedArmyShogun

Wow! Red because you achieved a statistical unlikelihood, feel free to roll a third time.
I'd be tempted to say pick whatever but uh, let's keep it simple.

Summoner Character: Michio Kamijou
Spoken Text Color: Purple - #9365B8
RP of Origin: Hisakawa Koukou Hard Reset

Great Spirit Character: Argenta Chevallier de Salvare
Spoken Text Color: Yellow - #F7DA64
RP of Origin: The Kingdom of Astaeron

Set up a Romance? [No]

Fill in Story with Tropes Exercise? [Yes]

(Accidentally rolled a 4th dice but) Roll Set Chosen: (Like Family, Excellently Skilled, Independent Ideology)

Summoner Character: Kyouko Himura
Spoken Text Color: #3DA3C2 - Viking
RP of Origin: Hisakawa Koukou - Hard Reset

Great Spirit Character: Kyouko Hiruma
Spoken Text Color: #FFBF00 - Amber
RP of Origin: Final -V-

Set up a Romance? [ No ]

Roll Set Chosen:
"Nice RNG or Seia Suffers ಠ⌣ಠ" Set

Last edited:
While I am still interested, I think it would be better to bow out. Sorry for the fake out

• Thank You