Overtaken

Will returned her gaze with a soft look of his own.

"Honestly, I think we should just head back the way we came. After we get these people on a boat, of course. We can figure out what to do when we get back. For now, we need to keep the course for the safety of these people." he whispered

He began to shiver a bit. The lack of heat was starting to get to him. Will knew a spell to keep him from getting cold...but maybe this could be a chance to get close to Vivi.

"You mind if we share your blanket? It is getting pretty cold. I am sure you can feel it."

Vivianne was surprised at his question, but then realized he was right. He was sitting out here without a blanket to keep him warm. "Oh of course! I do not mind sharing. In fact, I have heard it is easier to stay warm when more people are together," she replied and quickly started to put some of her blanket on him. "I do apologize that it isn't exactly large, but it is enough to cover us both." She quickly adjusted to make sure Will had some as well and that it was enough to help. She didn't want there to be an uncomfortable silence, so she tried to find anything to talk about.

"Thank you Will." was the first thing that came to her mind. "Without you, I do believe none of us would have made it back there." It was true, and it made sure there wasn't complete silence between them.

A small smile overcame his face. The blanket size wasn't a problem at all. He was glad it was little stingy on room. Leaning back a bit, he supports himself with palms. Testing the water, he slid his hand just past Vivi's hip opposite him.

"I feel like you should be thanked as well. There were a couple of moments there where I had my hopes dimmed. Behind good leadership, is a good support system. You were it."

Nudging her playfully, Will shook his head.

"Thank you, Vivi." he whispered

Vivianne smiled, completely comfortable. "Well, I don't know if I did all that. All I remember is trying to fight some huge creature, then all of a sudden a being surrounded by rubble and hearing you call for me."

She joking and lightly pushed back. "I didn't do much." She then looked to the sky and took a deep breath. Her mind was finally calm. "There's always something positive amongst all the negative." She debated if amongst was a word, then slightly laughed at herself about this debate. "You know, I am suddenly calm." She looked back to Will, trying to figure out if it was because of him. "Do you have this effect on everyone you talk to?" she asked.

Her gaze with a light smile from Will.

"Just promise that you will try not to make pile of broken building your usual vacation spots. Digging you up was rather heart stopping."

He laughed softly to himself. Hopefully, a little more boldness would not backfire. Vivi seemed to be a nice, classy woman. This coming moments could possibly change their new found friendship. Maybe, he was just over thinking it.

"I try too. Though, pretty women tend to get a bit more effort."

Vivianne laughed. "I promise I won't make it a habit." She took a breath and thought about when they first met. It seemed like ages ago, but it was not more than a couple of days.

"Pretty women huh? Thanks. I think you may need your eyes checked. But then again, maybe my eyes distracted you," she joked. She could not help but yawn and quickly went to cover her mouth with both hands. "I owe you another thanks. You have seemed to calm me down enough where I can finally sleep." She didn't notice any of the 'advances' Will had done, for she had never been in a situation with another person like this. She used to be working most of the time and didn't let herself hang out with others close to her age so this was new to her. Her innoence was stronger than most her age. "Can you stay here with me? I hope if you stay nearby, I can sleep easily." she asked honestly.

He hung his head, smiling at her offer. It seems that his signals had not gone through. Otherwise she would have made a move that would give a feeling of victory or defeat. Will got neither of those things.

"Of course, I can. Do you want me to stay here, under the covers, with you?" he asked shyly

Ok, now it felt like he was forcing it. She may not have known it but, Will was starting to feel he was pressing the issue. Hopefully, Vivi would see the question as innocent and not over adulterated.

Vivianne thought about it, and came to a conclusion. "I guess it should be alright. Seeing as I asked you to stay, and you don't have a blanket. There appears to be no other solution. Unless you have one." A thought then hit her. "Oh! I know! To make us both more comfortable, I do believe there is another blanket that my parents may have that way we can both be comfortable without worrying about accidentally hogging. Let me go get it," she said, and started to get up to retrieve it.

Almost out of instinct, he took hold of her hand.

"Oh no, it's ok, I don't mind. I don't move around enough to hog the blanket."

His hand pulled, trying to get her to lay back down.

"Perhaps, if we stay close, we won't need the other blanket. Your parents might have also let another poor soul use it, by now. I am sure we can find comfort, as is. Our body heat should be sufficient."

Will looked down and away, trying to hide the blush. Now if it wasn't obvious, then they may never be. At least, not without a proper amount of words. That time may come, either way. For now, he just wanted to see if see would let him hold her tight. It was not as if he had any real "moves" to put on her. He could only be himself, and hoped it would be enough.

Vivianne was surprised. "Oh," was all she could manage. Could it be that Will... she was torn. She was beginning to like Will, but she wasn't quite on that level as of yet. But then she thought about it. Maybe it was more for comfort. She wasn't sure where the people he knew was, or how many people he had just lost. She tried to reason it in her mind, but she had a slight feeling that he may like her. She tried to weigh the pros and cons, but she had to go with her feelings.

She trusted him. No doubt about it. She knew he wouldn't try anything, and this was probably something harmless. It wouldn't hurt. She was glad that he had turned away so he wouldn't see her surprise and her red cheeks. "Y-yes. That will be alright. We may sleep better that way." She nodded to herself. Yup, it was because, "I trust you Will."

A small celebratory smile came over his face. What she said had him in a bit of a moral bind. On one hand she trusted him. On the other hand...she trusted him. It was complicated for him, mentally. As much wanted to make an innocent move, she basically was giving up any problem that could arise from this. So it made it Will's choice to make it a good or bad idea.

"I won't let you regret it either." he whispered

He lifted up the blanket, offering her a spot beside him. At best, Will hoped for her to let him hold. There just something about holding a woman you care for...that seems almost magical to a man. That is what he wanted, a little magic.