Overtaken

William looked just past her head to see them. Chuckling, he turned his attention to Vivianne.

"I didn't believe you would. I just wanted to see if you knew they were safe. That is a good thing to see."

Shaking his head, Will focused on the task at hand.

"Here is the plan: There is a sewage passage way, at the south wall. We must gather who we can and make an escape. I can explain the rest, when it's safe. Can you fight?"

The giant metal gate burst open. A roaringing fight ensued. More invaders made it over the wall. The guard was failing.

"You may not have a choice."

Vivianne had instinctively covered hear ears when the roars of battle had hit them. She shook her head in disbelief. "I-I can definitely try! I am able." She looked around to see if there was anything available. "I need a weapon. Something that I can handle," she muttered to herself. She considered her stats. She was a smaller female, and her strength didn't match those of many men, especially no where near those who had been fighting for years. But she did have one thing in her favor; she could move around unnoticed easily. But would it be best for her to attack from afar? She narrowed it down to two selections; a light sword/knife or a bow and arrow. Now, it all just depends on what she finds first.

"Will, do you know of where I can find-" she got cut off by some screams of the citizens trying to get away from the invaders.

The mix of invader and guard spilled into the city itself. War was getting within an stone throw. William and Vivianne could see that the invading army was composed of a grab-bag of human, elf, orc, goblin, and troll. It seemed that a conglomerate of factions had joined together in this fight.

William looked her up and down. Small statue meant lighter weapons. This meant more a background, sneaky fighter would be well-suited. He hoped that she didn't end up as cannon fodder. Vivianne

Guards then came up on a roof top. The lot of them had their bows drawn. It gave Will an adrenaline rush. A General pointed at the mass of enemies. Archers took their aim.

"Fire!" the older man cried.

The volley did its job. Many enemy laid suddenly slain. A few fired their own volley, killing a few guards. Sheathing his glaive, William ran to a fallen body. Pushing through people, he grabs the guard's weapon and gave them to Vivianne.

ha-0034.jpg

machipbig.jpg

aalb1245l.jpg

"Take these, at least for now. We have to leave NOW!"

William started yelling to his already gathered party. It was time to move.

Vivianne quickly took them. Somehow she managed to not muddle up and easily situated herself. She took a deep breath and started to go towards Will. They had no time to lose. She had lost sight of her parents and prayed they would be alright. She had no time to waste so she had faith in them.

She positioned her weapons so she was comfortable but would be able to access it at any time. Her short sword in hand just in case, she prepared to move. "What shall we do first?"

She was oddly calm, but she did not question it.

"We must get down to the pottery shop. From there it's almost a straight shot to the exit. Lets go." he bellowed to the group behind him.

The following was mostly made up of young children and their mothers. Older men and woman comprised the rest. Waving them, Will turned into a long alley. It was clear from fire and stragglers. The sounds of screams and death was muffled by the stone architecture. Fire burned on a roof above. Things were getting more real than anyone had imagined.

Vivianne shook her head and tried to ignore the screams. She knew that the group was trying to head for safety. But she just had to make sure that everyone went ahead of her, including her parents. She made sure to be near the back and noticed her parent's bobbing heads within the group. Satisfied that she knew where they were, she glanced back. Nothing would be as it was before.

She saw shadows passing their by the alley they were heading and prayed it stayed that way if it was the attackers. She made sure her short sword was available to prepare for any trouble.

Going against their hopes, six armed warriors enter their alleyway. They were all of the orc race. At first the remained undetected, until a woman seen the orcs and yelped. The largest one standing 6'2 turned to stare at Vivianne.

Warrior%20(orc%20male).jpg

William froze at the severity of the situation. Six orcs were staring them down like lunch meat. He could see drool run down their faces. Their roar echoed as they began to charge. All he could do was run to meet them.

"For Shelyn!" he cried

Vivianne quickly thought and realized her best plan would be to shoot. She quickly changed her weapons and aimed for something that wasn't covered by armor... their face. She had previous lessons before, but she had not really paid attention to all their tips for accuracy. She did not fail, but hers wasn't the best. She took a deep breath and tried to focus while raising the bow and arrow. Praying that she still had some skill, she let the arrow go.

A split second later, there were only five. The sixth had an arrow planted, in the skull. It crashed to the ground.

Will side-stepped the closest to him and impaled an orc. It went to the ground and will used the momentum to swing his glaive around. A 360 degree motion ended with the weight going downward, onto another orc skull. The sound was gruesome and blood squirted into the air. A follow galive wielding orc, forced him to block. Metal clanked with the motions and attempted killings.

The large orc moved past the crowd and front kicks Vivi.

Vivianne gasped as she went to the ground. The kick had taken a lot out of her, and quite honestly, it was not expected. She grabbed her short sword and tried to stab it anywhere she could, hoping to stop him from attacking her again. "Will!" she cried out, hoping he could find her. She was not used to fighting, and was surprised she is doing as well as she is.

She heard a scream, one that she recognized as her mother. She prayed that everything was alright as she kept holding her weapon.

The mother screamed for two reasons. The first being that her child was being violently assaulted by a large orc. The latter being that about 11 more enemy warriors wandered in, at the end of the alleyway. Others notice and panicked. They had a small catapult. Originally, the catapult was to help siege the castle. However, they deemed unnecessary to load it and aim it at the peasants.

Will, barely, heard the scream. It is Vivianne. Unfortunately, the orc had him against the wall. Glaive to glaive, the orc's muscle was a little too much. Then his eyes set on the catapult.

It was no use. The catapult fired. Thankfully, it wasn't aimed correctly. The boulder flung over them and at a building. The damage was rather massive. Slowly, the brick wall the crumbled, and landed on Vivanne and the large orc. Will couldn't believe his eyes.

"N-no. Not like this!" he bellowed.

He had to avenge his friend. No evil, dirty men would take everything from him. This was unacceptable. A deed like this shall go punished...harshly.

"Lrelhzc, eljih qhawoell ol. I alx yray zuo wnacy sel yrel qufeln yu tu afaz fiyr yrulel fru lelelx yu tellynuz."

Will's eyes started to glow a certain blue. The orc didn't know what to do. Stopping back, out of fear, he ran towards his friends.

"I vahh oquc yrel lyasqeltel ub yrel siwryz piluc!"

bison.jpg

A large stampede of hairy bison appeared from nowhere. They were running directly for the cluster of the invaders. Worried yelps could be heard from them. It wasn't going to be pretty.

"Piluc, qnuyelvy yrel baiyrboh!"

The angry, hairy bison ran over the unlucky warriors. The force of the charge killed seven and destroyed the catapult. Right after, Will made his way to the rumble.

Vivianne screamed as the rubble came crashing down on her and the orc that she had stabbed. She could not believe that it would end like this. But somehow, after it all came down, she found herself still alive, but hurt. The Orc had taken most of the rubble, but it landed enough where it didn't crush her fully. She wasn't sure how she survived, but wasn't going to question it. She quickly tried to see if she could climb her way out. She took a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down. She did not realize it until now but she had been crying out of fear. once she controlled it, she could figure out how to start digging herself out without having it all crumble and finish the job. She tried to move but found her left leg had been hurt.

"Hey!! I'm still hear!" she cried out, just hoping that maybe she wasn't alone and that someone could possibly find her. She looked over at the orc, making sure he wouldn't attack her. He was definitely dead. With that knowledge, she tried to find loose stone that she could start pulling at to work her way out.

Will and a few others started digging through the rubble. Her screams redeemed his will to find her. Vivianne was still alive and he was going to get her out. Slowly but surely, the young man could seen a bit of the trapped occupants.

"Vivi!" he cried out.

Grabbing her hand, Will wanted her to feel safe. The crowd gasped and prayed that she was OK. Her and Will seemed to be the only ones who had skill to protect them. Who else could get them out the city?

The rumbled started to reveal her...

If she could, Vivianne would have jumped for joy when she heard Will's voice. She held on tightly onto his hand, as her other quickly tried to move other rubble away from her so she could get out. "I'm almost out... I might need help. I think I hurt my leg or ankle or something. It is kind of stuck." She said, trying to be rational. What a time to try to calm oneself down.

"Is everyone alright?"

He kissed her hand, sincerely. Will was wonderfully happy to know she was alive. The access rubble had been removed from on top of her. They couldn't budge the large rock on Vivianne's leg.

"We are fine, lets get you out of here." he declared

Together, the group lifted up the rubble piece. The young cleric then scooped her out of the rubble. A quick exit was most appealing. Will beckoned everyone to get moving again.

Fortunately, the remaining enemies had scurried off. Only bodies and a broken catapult were in the way. Carefully, they made their way down, past the dead. Will carried Vivianne, in his arms.

Vivianne sighed. They appeared to be safe for the moment, but she had a feeling that this was not over. That this was somehow just the beginning. "Thank you Will," she whispered. "Somehow, that tired me out quite a bit."

Vivianne's parents were following quietly behind the two, just watching their daughter. This all just got too real for them, and they had never expected like this to happen during their lifetime.

"Where do we go now?" Vivianne asked, hoping maybe Will had an idea.

There was fires burning everything. The cities protectors had all but been cut down. Buildings were being ransacked and falling down. Vanderark was starting to fall all around them. People were starting to be killed in the streets.

"We just take the quick hike through the slums, and then we can escape. Maybe after I can take care of the leg. For now, make haste."

Will lead them along a long building structure, into the slums. Thankfully, this section had been touched. Seems that not even barbarians cared enough for the poor to destroy them. It was rather ironic. The poorest district was now the best looking.

Step after step, they reached the entrance. It looked like the group had to go one at a time. Will beckoned them to move. Everyone cooperated and started sliding through, rather quickly. Finally, they were making progress. His eyes fell to Vivianne.

"How are you doing?"

Vivianne looked around to see if there was anyone they had to stop for. Will's voice surprised her, for she had been deep in concentration. "I am fine, thank you. If you would like, I can try to walk myself so you are not carrying another load."

She was feeling weak, because during all this chaos, she was being carried instead of being like all the others and walking. There were probably other more injured than her and the guilt was starting to build. "I appreciate all you are doing Will. But I cannot help if I cannot walk."

Will looked into Vivianne's eyes. He admired that fact she wanted to help, even with an injury. As much as he wanted to carry her, Vivianne was still the only one that could help him.

"If you are sure then, so be it."

2/3 of the group had already made the entry into the sewers. Will let her down easy. Though, he held her just in case her injury was too severe to walk. His eyes moved to look at her parents.

"Everything will be fine, I promise. We need to get you out of here." he declared

Slowly, he glanced to the now burning Vanderarck. It was really going under. Everyone they knew.....he didn't want to think about it.

Vivianne's parents nodded and stayed quiet. Her mother had been clutching a bad tightly; the last batch of bread that they had made.

Vivianne noticed where Will had been looking. "I know,... I can't help but think about it myself," she whispered. "But we have to keep strong for those that are with us..." her voice trailed off, as she blinked quickly. She realized that she hadn't looked at her weapons to make sure they were okay. She reached for her short sword and didn't find it right away. She worried and started to think. Did she leave it in the rubble? She felt her bow on her back and so she tried to remember what happened to the sword.