Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm...I think I found a mistake. It shouldn't be "Great Lands" I believe. Meteoric Iron requires Furs, Goblin Iron, Orc Steel and then Meteoric Iron itself so 4 points. Gem Mine is 1 point leaving me three. I spent those in lands. I think I would have "Big Lands". Maybe I should just ditch the Gem Mine and get Bigger Lands?

I made a mistake in this post too. Wow. I am so terrible.

So I believe I am supposed to have 1440 Lair Points(20% increase from Gem Mine; originally 1200), and 1200 Land Points. Assuming your calculations are correct I am 20 points under spent in Land Points and a full 140 under spent in Lair Points. By the way did you add the 10% price increase to one of the walled cities due to the port and count the initial cost of Siege Weapons along with Advanced Siege Weapons?

Last edited by a moderator:
*evades the whip wielded by Andrea* yautch! Sorry about the trait caps folks guess my head was still on how it was in a previous guardians and overlords incarnation, now excuse me I have to outrun a enraged necromancer dominatrix who is displeased with me about that.

Hm...I think I found a mistake. It shouldn't be "Great Lands" I believe. Meteoric Iron requires Furs, Goblin Iron, Orc Steel and then Meteoric Iron itself so 4 points. Gem Mine is 1 point leaving me three. I spent those in lands. I think I would have "Big Lands". Maybe I should just ditch the Gem Mine and get Bigger Lands?
I made a mistake in this post too. Wow. I am so terrible.
Ah yep, I miscounted myself.

If you lose the Gem mine and take it back to bigger lands your trait count will be all fixed.

And you'll have a few extra points to spend on land and lair.

EDIT: And don't worry about making mistakes, it's almost never that someone submits a sheet to my complex RPs without one or two :p

Okay. Sounds good. I will start revising my CS right away.

CS has been edited. I think everything is in order...Think. I labeled all of the items under Lair and Land and calculated them. I should have a slush fund of 45,000 taking from Land and 0 from Lair. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I turned out to be wrong.

Name: Sothriar Emikas

Ragnar 'the Brain'
Traits:
Thunderous Charge
Monstrous Strength
Weapon Mastery 2
Tactician 2
Telepathic Command

Alissias Ondronias
Rune magic
Compelling Scent
Air magic

'The Nameless'
Assassin 3
Weapon Mastery 1

Zae'Musa
Assassin 1
Weapon Mastery 1
Defender 1

Zae'Kriith
Scholar 1
Weapon Mastery 2

Zae'Sha
Bloodthirsty
Weapon Mastery 1
Compelling Scent

Zae'Baer
Advisor: Zae'Baer is a strong advisor and intelligent man. He may even end up being used as a conduit by the GM to pass along intuition that can help... or hinder if you have no luck.
Weapon Mastery 1
Magic; Gateway.

There you are Daemon, your Captain's traits are rolled for.

Awesome. Thanks, Kadaeux. CS is updated.

And if anyone wants to be my Nemesis just ask.

Btw a nemesis doesn't have to be from the other faction right? I mean, guardian can have guardian nemesis?

Quick Question: When making Captains for your armies, do you also have to pay for their base type or just the Captain upgrade? (For example, if I wanted a Camelry Anoredhel Captain, would I have to pay 100 or 200 gold for that?)

Also, can one of the GM's please look over my special traits? I'm just wanting to make sure they're legal, and if I can make them stronger.

Sheet can be found here.

Quick Question: When making Captains for your armies, do you also have to pay for their base type or just the Captain upgrade? (For example, if I wanted a Camelry Anoredhel Captain, would I have to pay 100 or 200 gold for that?)
Also, can one of the GM's please look over my special traits? I'm just wanting to make sure they're legal, and if I can make them stronger.
Sheet can be found here.
I would accept both specials, Kadaeux would have final veto however. In regards of the Cold Iron trait I would rule that only your main character and the captains/minors are equipped with those weapons, none of the normal troops/arrowfodder will carry them.

As for the mounts of captains, you only need to pay the base cost listed in the captain costs. Mounts for them are free, regular ones of course. So horses, camels, donkeys, etc are perfectly fine. No wyverns, hydras or similar naturally :p

Sarzu, How are these two uniques?

The Liberator - Charismatic, Powerful and heralded by the songs and stories of his victories, Idrean is a natural leader, despite how much he rejects the title. He inspires people to his side, and most follow him of their own choice. (Effect: Bonuses to recruitment, higher chance of turning enemies to his cause)

The Charge of Freedom - Idrean is best known as a warrior for his incredible might and his furious charges. In fact, his favoured tactics are all cavalry focused, and his warriors are exceptionally skilled at all things Cavalry based. (Effect: Huge bonuses to charges and Hit-and-run maneuvers. Smaller bonus to training of Cavalry units.)

Not sure but I believe for your first special there are already some regular traits present that do the same, Father to his Men, Inspired Leadership, etc.

The second special, I approve, getting a Lord of the Rings, Rohan Golden Charge feeling from it from the third movie/the strategy game hero ability.

So first, conflicted by it.

Second, approved.

As stated before, Kadaeux has final veto.

I can also roll for anyone's captain traits if any require so.

Btw a nemesis doesn't have to be from the other faction right? I mean, guardian can have guardian nemesis?
It does have to be from the other faction yes. While two Guardians or two Overlords can certainly be rivals, it takes the ideology of the other side of the fence to make a true nemesis. The battle of good vs evil and all that.

@Maxim: Your specials are fine given the same caveat's Sarz mentioned.

Sarzu, How are these two uniques?

The Liberator - Charismatic, Powerful and heralded by the songs and stories of his victories, Idrean is a natural leader, despite how much he rejects the title. He inspires people to his side, and most follow him of their own choice. (Effect: Bonuses to recruitment, higher chance of turning enemies to his cause)

The Charge of Freedom - Idrean is best known as a warrior for his incredible might and his furious charges. In fact, his favoured tactics are all cavalry focused, and his warriors are exceptionally skilled at all things Cavalry based. (Effect: Huge bonuses to charges and Hit-and-run maneuvers. Smaller bonus to training of Cavalry units.)
They're fine, but the second would not be a "huge bonus" to charges or hit and runs, additionally it wouldn't directly apply to Centaurs/Dragon Ogres/Liontaurs etc.

(Since they are naturally born that way they'd find such training dull.)

Quick question; can we customize units? Say I wanted to make specialized shoulder armor for Dragon Ogres that works as fortified platforms for archers and repeater crossbowmen. Would I be able to do that?

Quick question; can we customize units? Say I wanted to make specialized shoulder armor for Dragon Ogres that works as fortified platforms for archers and repeater crossbowmen. Would I be able to do that?
I don't know, do you have any gnomes or something smaller than goblins to man it :p

(Dragon Ogres while vastly physically impressive, could not support a person as an archer platform, and would be even less inclined to do so.)

So while some unit customisation works.

Eg: Dragon Ogres using two-hander swords or two-handed axes for a simple example.

More complex ideas have to be investigated IC ;)

Sounds good. I overestimated them. Sorry about that.

Another question comes to mind then; how exactly would resources and production come into play for making weapons armor ect? Since I have quite a few great mines two cities and a Large Smithy in my Lair I am assuming I would have a good amount of resources and production but would it be playing with the rules of common sense or would there be a more detailed structure behind it?

My question is why can't I make my Drake into a captain! I call hax!

Expect a sheet up in the next ten minutes: Just working on my army now.

I would accept both specials, Kadaeux would have final veto however. In regards of the Cold Iron trait I would rule that only your main character and the captains/minors are equipped with those weapons, none of the normal troops/arrowfodder will carry them.
As for the mounts of captains, you only need to pay the base cost listed in the captain costs. Mounts for them are free, regular ones of course. So horses, camels, donkeys, etc are perfectly fine. No wyverns, hydras or similar naturally :p
Hmm...I'd probably need a new special then. The point was to make my units more adapted to the desert than others. Ah well.

On a different note though, how far do the mature themes end up going anyway? The fact that the thread has about 11 different tags is getting me a little concerned truth be told. (Admittedly, I should've thought of that before I started signing up but oh well.)

Not to be uh...a complete ass or anything but I feel compelled to ask after looking at your Character Sheet Limey. But wouldn't you only have 14,800(10k base 4k from traits and 800 from Gold Mine.) to spend on an army and Captains? Using the data shown next to your Army Units I calculated the amount you spent on them and got 23,400. A full 8,600 over the limit not including your captains. Not trying to bust anyone's balls here. Just thought I would point that out so you could look into it. I dunno. Maybe I am wrong and just being an idiot.

On another note how do you do the tabs? That seems like a really cool thing to know how to do.

Guardians start with 20k Base, not 10 k They also get 1000 per skill in wealth, and then the additional from Gold mine.

As far as I can tell, Overlords have more powerful abilities and personal skills, at the cost of having less funds.

Edit: and I don't mind you calling me out on it: it is an easy enough mistake to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.