Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I'm not a GM.
According to my math, you should have a total of 3,200 points total between your land and lair traits. (If I mathed correctly) You currently have 3,370 3,380 which means you're 170 180 points overdrawn.
Dangit, what did I mess up this time.

Also, what is the forbidden reach exactly. I do not think I saw it described anywhere.

Dangit, what did I mess up this time.
Also, what is the forbidden reach exactly. I do not think I saw it described anywhere.
A mysterious Danger Zone, filled with evil things and perhaps even eviler things (as far as I can tell). No description of it has been posted yet.

And it shouldn't be two hard to subtract 180 points of features, but remember that if you remove any villages or towns you can also remove farms.

About to go sleep, but just leaving my two specials out for review real quick. I verified they were usable with Kad over IM's a while ago, but just to double check.
  1. Corruption: The longer people live under the outstretched arms of Turios, the harder a time they have finding anything to complain about. Even conquered populations quickly find themselves describing their overlord's intentions as nebulous but relatively benign and reasonable. Given enough time, they even grow fervently loyal to Turios like any of his followers, and if conquered back, they have the tendency to be uncooperative and openly willing to harbour spies. Towns that have become fervently loyal also rebel violently against the Guardian or Overlord who took them over should Turios choose to return. These effects take a long time to wear off, and the older a person is, the harder it is to remove the corruption. Men operating under Turios in a battle who are close to him also find themselves unable to break and leave him: They will die protecting him, though morale can still lower their effectiveness.​
  2. Phylactery: A simple enough concept. Phylacteries are essential to the continued existence of a Lich, or creatures akin to them. The soul is put into an object of some note, typically one which has a reflective surface so the Lich can continue to "see" outside. If the body of the Lich is destroyed, over the process of approximately 1-4 weeks (1d4) the body is slowly regenerated within the hiding place of the Phylactery. When finished, the Lich is reborn, granting a sort of immortality. The one penultimate weakness to this is of course that the object must be one which can contain a soul, which means it must be magical in origin. Furthermore, while the Phylactery can store an unfinished body for transport, it cannot continue the mending process if it is on the move. As well, since it's a magical item and inherently evil in nature, those trained to hunt for such things can find the Phylactery whilst it is in the process of regenerating the Lich's body. Otherwise, the Phylactery hibernates and has no discernible properties beyond whatever form the Lich chose to imbue it in. The GM will know what the Phylactery is via PM if approved.​
Approved ;)

That moment when you realize you have no idea what a Cathedral is like, let alone a Super-Cathedral.
Well other than the images given to help you visualise it, a Cathedral is a very large church basically, a Super-Cathedral is something that dwarfs Notre Dame.

The Forbidden Reach is a repository of all the horrifying monsters, and nightmares of the mortal races. Nothing is known about it except that from time to time horrors, bandits etc come down to raid the nations sharing a border with it.. (especially Pil'lage which has been pillaged to abject poverty.

@Herzinth : Sooner or later you'll receive a PM about the wrath descending on you.... but will it be too late?

How are my special traits?

Also, is there any real unification in Laekuria?

How big are most bandit clans, how large are most standing armies for the city-states and can they really martial any extras like militias, and what city-states are near where I will be starting once I am approved?

How are my special traits?
Your specials are accepted.
Also, is there any real unification in Laekuria?
How big are most bandit clans, how large are most standing armies for the city-states and can they really martial any extras like militias, and what city-states are near where I will be starting once I am approved?
There is no separation between the Bandit Clans and government, they are the pseudo-government.

So yes, they maintain standing armies, typically of 15'000 per City-State with the ability to draw levies of up to a further 100'000. This is naturally a general guide and will fluctuate, the better City States might have twice as many, with the smaller ones barely able to muster 5'000 men etc.

From the location you start *rolls a D5* there are 2 city states close-ish to you.

Black Bart's Retreat; Small City State, but with no discipline, anarchy reigns even more here than is usual in Laekuria.
Tomsheim; Very Large city state. Estimated total population of 1'220'000, the Bandit-Lord ruling it, Tiny Tom, claims the ability to field half his population in the field. While likely a boast it would have to have some truth to it, expect a large standing force and levies. It's also known that Tiny Tom is a Dragon Ogre...

Does Tiny Tim have any kind of predisposition towards my character as of yet?

Also, I take the city-states really only ever come together if some major threat to all of them appears?

The bandits that kind of answer to me or are at least tied to to me, what kind of power do they wield?

Does Tiny Tim have any kind of predisposition towards my character as of yet?
Also, I take the city-states really only ever come together if some major threat to all of them appears?
The bandits that kind of answer to me or are at least tied to to me, what kind of power do they wield?
None of the nations or populace have any kind of predisposition towards any of the characters (except where Obvious, Scarazar = Hates Guardians for example).

The City-States all have cordial relations and regularly engage in business, especially "turfing" (deciding which state gets to raid what turf etc)

The Bandits that kind of answer to you are a large, but otherwise regular set of bandits. They can waylay coaches, maybe threaten a small village, they basically provided limited support, but are especially useful if you want someone/thing waylaid without it coming back to you.

EDIT: Aaand tabs blows up in mah face. In the meantime, deleted tab code, hope it works. :s Sorry.

EDIT #2: Deleted Formatting, it's now working after I pasted back as flat text. It seems copy-pasting the sheet straight caused it to putz up somehow.

WORK IN PROGRESS, almost finished. Just doing some finishing touches. I need rolls on the captains and so on.

Q. Holy Shit Borov dat minmaxing, you bas--
A. To explain in order.
Physical versus Magic: He has no magical talent and never has had any. He was cursed with his life and it would be insane troll logic to take a powerful warrior and suddenly make him a magician. Part of his dilemma as a character is that because he doesn't have an expert grasp of magic, he has no way of adjusting his own condition. He's stuck the way he is and has to fight to make others understand that. On the flip side, because he's both charismatic and a powerful warrior, he needs several physical traits.
Command versus Wealth: Again, he's a charismatic guy and has had to be really clever to survive up to the current point with his condition. Meanwhile, he wouldn't have time to mass up wealth and his family isn't rich either, ergo, it would be illogical to give him much (if anything) in wealth. This is also the greatest disparity in the character: He is brilliant, quite possible one of the greatest masterminds of the land, but he he's going to start out utterly impoverished and scraping by just to feed his troops. Conquest will be immediate and necessary just to survive.
Influence versus Dedication: The entire schtick of his character arc is that his own people abandoned him and those that he's gathered or the few who stuck with him, love him. Hell one of his unique abilities is even just getting people to love him if he rules over them.

• Name: Turios "F" Phohios.

Appearance:
    961034-death_lich.jpg

Bio: Turios "F" Phohios, born on a foggy day. While growing up he was fascinated with the tales of heroes and villains, always wondering why they never banded together as he played each side against each other. He met his two childhood friends, one the orderly type who tried to keep him on the straight and narrow, the other dragging him off to bars and drinking merrily. At one such bar he was introduced to his wife, they had two children. He joined the militia, continued his friendships, and became a popular man among the town as a brave and compassionate soul, even for those who didn't deserve it, such as Ghouls and Moredhel. Sometimes the church frowned on him, but his popularity was invincible to minor troubles.

So it was inevitable, then, that he met his call to arms when a Necromancer was about to damn the town and everyone in it. He took his weapons and strong arm and led the townsfolk, and surrounding villages, towards the Necromancer and his small undead army. Cutting, bobbing, and weaving through the field, he was a whirlwind of destruction, breaking bones and sheering through flesh in a way that captivated those who witnessed it. The Necromancer had nearly completed his spell when Turios decided to sacrifice himself to stop the Necromancer: It was the only way to save his town. So he threw himself past enemy lines and impaled the Necromancer, though, something strange happened. Instead of the spell dissipating all of its energy into the local area and killing him along with the Necromancer, he instead absorbed its magical power and in a bright flash of painful, searing light, he emerged... A Lich.

The people, terrified of what he had become despite his attempts to convince them otherwise, attempted to murder him. Barely kept under control by Quintin Cyl, one of his childhood friends, he fled the area. There he started to meet Moredhel, Minotaurs, and other "evil" races that he quickly realized were just as misunderstood as he was. Certainly they were to be pitied at worst, not hated. Even the Ghouls he found a certain sort of nobility from, despite their craven nature, and he was welcomed by them all, due to his newfound nature. Still. His daughter quickly found him, leading his closest friends, and informed him of disconcerting news: His wife had slain his son in fear that whatever flowed through him to make him a beacon for this power, also flowed through his son.

Enraged and upset, he took his newly found allies to an abandoned castle where he found even more allies. Together, they returned to the town, and in a single night of orgy-level violence, he took the rulership of the town and personally decapitated them on the town square. There, he refurbished the town, and discovered his power of corruption.

Having tasted success and seeing how humans and other, more evil races could live together peacefully, he made it his personal goal to forge an empire that would welcome such creatures and cretins, that would welcome the undead, the Moredhel, and more, not shun them. Still. It would take time, allies, more wealth and influence than his non-existent amount of either...

...Still. He would have his empire. Or he would die trying to obtain it.

Preferred Equipment: A greatsword (Zweihander), a long bow, an arming sword, and a shield, as well as plate mail which he took from the corpse of the town leader. All in all, decent equipment that serves well to humanize him... Unless he stays out in the sun too long.
    Total: 0 points to spend on your "Stats"

Physical: 9
    1. Weapon Mastery 3: A warrior of immense skill who took on ten men and won... As a regular human being. Imagine what he can do now as a Lich. (3/8)
    2. Hatred Fury: I'm a Lich. I'm the definition of Undead terror. (4/9)
    3. Ironskin: He's undead, he couldn't care less what you throw at him. (5/9)
    4. Berzerker Rage 3: He has understandable anger issues. Anger him at your own peril. (8/9)
    5. Therianthropy 1: Upon entering a Berzerker Rage, his very body changes into that of a living weapon, with a single purpose: Kill. His hands turn into armour shredding claws and his agility increases significantly to pursue and kill individual targets. Against other powerful targets (overlords, guardians, lieutenants), this makes him nightmarish to face. Simply, if he can reach a target, that target will most certainly die a painful death. On the flip side, when the battle ends and his rampage comes to a close, he needs at least a few hours to recover (as despite being undead his muscles are still muscles, and put under extreme duress do become fatigued and damaged), making immediate counter attacks deadly if he cannot secure his position quickly. (9/9)

Explanation: In combat, he is a merciless killing machine that is specifically designed as a hero killer. Thanks to his Phylactery allowing him to not hold back in major assaults, and his undead state making it difficult for him to succumb to such inconveniences as "bleeding", he honed himself to specifically take out leaders and inspirational figures. Cutting the head off the snake, sortospeak. This doesn't make him invincible however, as he still has to close the gap and get close to his enemies. His command skill helps immensely in this regard, but an equally clever commander on the opposing faction can keep him at bay, forcing him to rely on his highly dedicated forces. As well, while Berzerker Rage does allow him to carve a hole in enemy formations, he will still take damage thanks to its penalty, meaning that he cannot constantly and unerringly kill "all the things", he has a limited amount of blows he can soak up. Ironskin helps this, but it just allows him to survive what he does, not make him invincible.

Still, it is highly advised that if you come into contact with him, and you want to survive, to just stay away from him. Because even if you take him out with you, he will come back. You won't.

Magic: 1
    1. Gateway: Because while his sense of magic is limited, this skill is utterly invaluable to a commander. (1/1)
    Explanation: Because he's terrible at magic and Gateway is simply a spell that will prevent me from getting owned by everyone else who has Gateway.:rotfl:

Command: 10
    1. Ghouls: "My brethren are misunderstood creatures, more than capable of defending you if you were to cease trying to murder them... Besides, you don't need those corpses anyway. It's not like your mother is going to come back to life." (1/10)
    2. Moredhel: "They understand better than most I think, what it is like to be hated for their nature... Curious how it is the white elves that are supposedly good, and the black ones that are supposedly evil." (2/10)
    3. Minotaur: "Reliable shock troops that simply want to be left alone, but often aren't by naive men. They also curiously hate mazes." (3/10)
    4. Nightmares: "More of my kin, and unlike Ghouls, they don't even necessitate being evil." (4/10)
    5. Skaven: "Their bravery considering their size is admirable, and their cunning moreso. I just have to ensure that as time progresses, they have access to as many candles and shiny objects as possible. It will make them happy." (5/10)
    6. Telepathic Command: "A curious side effect of being a Lich without magic. I've retained my ability to communicate to my followers." (6/10)
    7. Drums of War: "When war comes, I need my loyal men more than anything else. In combination with Telepathic Command and my incredible grasp of warfare, there are no situations in which I am truly alone." (7/10)
    8. Master of Strategies: "The wind whispers the secrets of men, and I listen intently." (8/10)
    9. Master Tactician: "The battlefield whispers the nature of men, and I listen intently." (9/10)
    10. Master of Attack: "In one moment, the secrets and nature of men collide, and I wield them as the executioner's blade, to yet another incompetent fool." (10/10)
    Explanation: Nothing spells 'burgeoning dream of empire' like 'military genius'. Being unable to rely on sheer wealth or otherwise, he has to use his men properly. Perfectly, really. This is essentially where he shines, moreso than as a hero killer: Because there are few situations where he cannot accomplish either the objective of slaughtering the command structure, or forcing it to retreat. This is how he succeeds at things. Deprived of this, he would just be a bumbling moron who occasionally goes berserk.

Wealth: 1
    1. Small Lands: "Every empire starts somewhere." (1/1
    Explanation: Because starting with forces that will blatantly need alternative food sources (ex: Ghouls) without any lands at all would be suicide. I mean, unless I had them rampaging local villages, but that wouldn't be noticed at all. No way.

Influence: 1
    1. Twisted Form: "I see your beauty. Yes, really. Now, go tell me how many defenders that town has, over there. When you're done, I'll ensure that you have a nice concubine waiting for you. Oh, you want that to be a male concubine? I'm sure I can find one of those." (1/1)
    Explanation: It makes sense. I was tempted to go Information Broker, but it would make more sense for the guy who's trying to fight for undead rights to hold onto one of these guys instead. Or gals. Honestly I'm not even sure.

Dedication: 8
    1. Spirited Leadership: "WITH ME, HUMANS AND UNDEAD! MOREDHEL AND MINOTAUR! TO A DARKER TOMORROW!" (1/8)
    2. Fanatical Leadership: "WITH ME, INTO THE GATES OF THE ANGELS WHO HAVE DAMNED YOU, WE SHALL CUT OFF THEIR HEADS AND STICK THEM ON PIKES FOR THEIR RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!" (2/8)
    3. Great Plans: "Empires aren't easy, but they're certainly worthwhile." (3/8)
    4. Doubtless Loyalty: "Creatures typically slaughtered for their mere appearance would naturally swear unwavering loyalty to a creature like them who seeks to create a place just for their kind." (4/8)
    5. Tireless Fellowship: "Stand together, kill together, dine together, incidentally cause incidents of forced sex together... Okay, maybe not that last one. Not our own, anyway." (5/8)
    6. You can't kill the Messiah: "They thought me dead at least once likely. What a mistake that was." (6/8)
    7. Shield of Hate: "All those who stand against me stand against ultimate equality for all that is dark and evil... They were those that I loved most once... Who threw me away... They will burn." (7/8)
    8. An Heir: "My daughter followed me into this life. She is no Lich, but her pale skin shows the telltale signs of attempting to slowly change herself to be like me. Given more time, she may even follow in my footsteps... How... Endearing. Twisted, but endearing." (8/8)
    Explanation: Amusingly, I had the most trouble picking only eight of these. So many of them overlap, it was hard to read which ones were necessarily "better" for my character's cause than others. I attempted to pick the least-useless ones. (Because some of them have some pretty batshit negatives. Like who in the world would ever take Self-Sufficient? I mean, unless you have like, 10 wealth I guess so you can actually be self-sufficient... Hm...)

Special:
    1. Corruption: The longer people live under the outstretched arms of Turios, the harder a time they have finding anything to complain about. Even conquered populations quickly find themselves describing their overlord's intentions as nebulous but relatively benign and reasonable. Given enough time, they even grow fervently loyal to Turios like any of his followers, and if conquered back, they have the tendency to be uncooperative and openly willing to harbour spies. Towns that have become fervently loyal also rebel violently against the Guardian or Overlord who took them over should Turios choose to return. These effects take a long time to wear off, and the older a person is, the harder it is to remove the corruption. Men operating under Turios in a battle who are close to him also find themselves unable to break and leave him: They will die protecting him, though morale can still lower their effectiveness.
    2. Phylactery: A simple enough concept. Phylacteries are essential to the continued existence of a Lich, or creatures akin to them. The soul is put into an object of some note, typically one which has a reflective surface so the Lich can continue to "see" outside. If the body of the Lich is destroyed, over the process of approximately 1-4 weeks (1d4) the body is slowly regenerated within the hiding place of the Phylactery. When finished, the Lich is reborn, granting a sort of immortality. The one penultimate weakness to this is of course that the object must be one which can contain a soul, which means it must be magical in origin. Furthermore, while the Phylactery can store an unfinished body for transport, it cannot continue the mending process if it is on the move. As well, since it's a magical item and inherently evil in nature, those trained to hunt for such things can find the Phylactery whilst it is in the process of regenerating the Lich's body. Otherwise, the Phylactery hibernates and has no discernible properties beyond whatever form the Lich chose to imbue it in. The GM will know what the Phylactery is via PM if approved.

• LAND TYPES: Forest, Mountainous.

390/400 Land Improvement Points used. (10 deposited into the treasury: 10,000 gold.)

Angorak'Tor (City): The large town that turned on Turios. When he retook it, several other races moved in from the surrounding areas to enlarge it into the burgeoning city that it is today. The architecture is stunningly bright and cheerful considering its ruled by a person who has strictly mandated rules, such as corpses aren't buried: They're given to the Ghouls. Thanks to his corrupting aura however, these rules are obeyed with an unerring loyalty and relative cheerfulness. (100/400)
    1. 5 Advanced Farms: Surrounding villages were reconstituted into advanced farming operations to support the throbbing heart of Angorak'Tor. Go in any direction outside of the city and you will see its sprawling farmlands mixed between its forests and mountains. An impressive feat for what was once an overgrown, backwater area. (250/400)
    2. 5 Logging Camps: It is Angorak'Tor's main export, along with some food stuffs on good years. Since every empire needs plenty of timber, there is little chance of Angorak'Tor ever going out of business. Unless it runs out of trees. What are the odds of that? (350/400)
    3. Cobblebone Road: Large-scale logging operations require large-scale exporting capacity. Recently upgraded from the dirt roads of yonder years, as part of the effort to reconstitute the old villages into advanced farms. (370/400)
    4. 1 Mines: Large-scale mining operations have just begun in the mountainous areas, to help prevent complete deforestation of the area as well as provide a secondary source of potential income. (390/400)

• 400/400 Lair Points used.

Morthral'Tor (Mountain Fortress): Mothral'Tor was an abandoned castle from another time, refurnished by Turios prior to his retaking the town. There's little glorious about this place, but then, it looks "neutral" enough to prevent anyone from thinking anything of it until they were inside its walls. It has since been retrofitted more into a base of operations than the invincible defense it was likely meant to be. (100/400)
    1. Condition: Good. (200/400)
    2. 6 Expanded Barracks: The large number of races was the main concern in reconstituting Morthral'Tor, with each being given its own barracks as promised. (350/400)
    3. 1 Armoury: Just in case... (375/400)
    4. 1 Dungeon: Prisoners of war are both valuable and merciful in times where neither commodity is in excess. May as well keep a place ready for them. (400/400)

Lair Portal Heart: ALL Lairs and Righteous Scum have a portal heart that the Overlord or Treacherous Bastards can always elect to return to at any time so long as they have enough forewarning. Other players (or powers) cannot transit to a Portal Heart of a Lair and Righteous Scum without the Overlord or Treacherous Bastards' direct consent. They are the safest and most secure parts of a Lair or Righteous Scum, and even if the Lair or Righteous Scum is otherwise completely destroyed, so long as the Overlord or Treacherous Bastards lives, and the Portal Heart remains intact, it can rebuild itself to its former glory... eventually.
    • Name: Skooza Scartail.
      Race: Skaven.
      Sex: Male.
      Appearance:
      Skaven_by_evilmeatmonkey.jpg

Source.
      Bio: Skooza is known for being a fantastic little rat with a fantastic little plan. He was kept in one of the surrounding villages of Angorak'Tor as a pet, a curiosity by an apprentice wizard of some sort. He learned how to craft explosives and was to keep track of all the herbs and spices for the wizard. Skooza however was no idiotic pet of a mage, no, he was a smart one. One day, when the Wizard's back was turned, Skooza tried to plant a dagger in the Wizard's back. The Wizard saw it coming and knocked Skooza aside, only to see a large explosive keg with a makeshift fuse. The Wizard laughed at Skooza. Little did the Wizard know, Skooza filled the keg with little bits of metal and lots of magical potions. BOOM WENT THE HOUSE! And Skooza went flying several feet through the air. That is all Skooza remembers before waking up with a badly burnt tail and angry peasants staring at him. So Skooza ran, and ran, to the mountains, where he hid in Morthal'Tor until discovered by Turios.

Turios felt pity for Skooza, and mended Skooza's tail with an artificial tail.

Skooza now blow things up for Turios. Turios! TURIOS! Since Turios says that Skooza is good with the booms, good for sieges, good for future of the Empire!

Skills:
      1. Weapon Mastery 1: "Skooza doesn't just hold claws for show! Scraw!"
      2. Assassin 1: "Skooza small, unnoticed, before he gnaws your ankles off! Grrnnnaww!"
      3. Alchemist: "Skooza make booms? Yes! BIG BOOMS!"

• Name: Mister Moriarty Aun'thal of Angorak'Tor. Moriarty for the ladies.
      Race: Human.
      Sex: Yes Please Male.
      Appearance:
      Archer_by_alexnegrea.jpg

Source.
      Bio: Moriarty Aun'Thal was a thief, a connoisseur of the arts, a hunter who illegally poached animals on owned lands (namely stealing and then selling horses). A general all-round small time burglar who acted as an informant for the local law, and who formed a close friendship with Turios when they were both young. He was the ladies man who ended up helping Turios find his wife. When Turios was abandoned, he was outraged, and left with Turios' daughter to find him.

When they retook the town, he was the one who murdered Turios' ex-wife. This man is filled with hatred, and is a skilled archer and sneak. On the surface he is a polite gentleman. Underneath that is a sick man, who is just a few pushes away from becoming a complete monster, and is barely clinging to humanity as is. His fate is entirely in Turios' hands.

Skills:
      1. Thief 1: "Hello madam, I do believe you dropped this."
      2. Spy 1: "Oh, these are the defense plans to the entire city? Well, don't worry, my memory's pretty shoddy, they won't matter to me by the 'marrow..."
      3. Weapon Master 1: "Oops. Seems you've lost your head madam. Let me take care of that for you..."

• Name: Quintin Cyl.
      Race: Human.
      Appearance:
      knight_by_kaji02-d5ntbv2.jpg

Source.
      Bio: Quintin was the right hand man behind Turios' acts, always watching his back in alleyways. If Moriarty was the man you would go out drinking with, Quintin was the man you would trust with your life. Loyalty is everything to this man, to the point where he did not bat an eye as he returned to his hometown and help planned retaking it. Still, he known for his mercy, and makes for a good second in command when Turios is unavailable. Otherwise Quintin stands by Turios side, unwavering, silent save in private. In every way the bodyguard that never quite matched Turios' ability in combat.

Skills:
      1. Leader 1: "Years in the Militia paid off. Hold these positions, and we'll be sure to take the city using Moriarty's plans."
      2. Weapon Mastery 2: "Only a fool crosses a Bodyguard."

• Name: Eugine.
      Race: Ghoul.
      Appearance:
      Undead___count___by_Hieronymus7Z.jpg

Source.
      Bio: Found located away in the abandoned mountain fortress, nobody knows how long he was left there. Not even Skoova was aware that he had been there, aside from the occasional spooky groan which he took care to avoid. Dressed in the clothing of nobility, "Eugine" as Turios took to calling him has no memory of his past. The only thing he remembers is vague imagery of a banquet gone horrible, horrible wrong, many years ago.

Skills:
      1. Monstrous Strength: "Let me clear the way for you, Turios!"
      2. Regeneration I: "It's just a flesh wound, I've got plenty to spare!"
      3. Weapon Mastery I: "I still remember a few subconscious impulses..."

• Name: Vera Noraiya.
      Race: Moredhel.
      Sex: Female.
      Appearance:
      drow-hierarchy.gif

Source.
      Bio: Vera Noraiya is one of the many who came to Turios' side as he started to gather others to his cause of taking the town. Attracted to the chance of gaining power, she slowly grew to actually care for Turios and his cause. A burgeoning if unstable magician, she has no family to speak of, and many whisper about whether she was either disowned or slaughtered her own family. She makes no effort to discount either rumour, instead reveling as a competent torturer and interrogator for Turios, and a not half bad diplomat should it come to that with other Overlords.

Skills:
      1. Fire Magic: "It dances so beautifully on the skin... Illuminates curves, burns through lies to reach the truths that Turios adores so much."
      2. Seducer I: "...Curves, girl, are the things you'll have when I'm finished with you tonight."
      3. Torturer: "I like my lovers screaming my name. I like my enemies screaming it louder. Unf."

• Name: Droshaka Novol.
      Race: Minotaur.
      Appearance:
      1369463-minotaur_rage_by_dusanmarkovic.jpg

Source.
      Bio: He came with Vera Noraiya, and stayed for Turios' cause. Having sired a large family, he has no other purpose now but to die honourable in battle. His past is full of old hunting stories, but beyond that, he even considers himself more of a side note and useful soldier in Turios' plans for power. Still, if a competent soldier is what one wants, Droshaka delivers.

Skills:
      1. Thunderous Strength: "I don't solve mazes, I BREAK THROUGH THEM!"
      2. Weapon Mastery 2: "I've been doing this for at least as long as you, Quintin!"
      3. Leader: "FOLLOW ME INTO THE BREACH!"
      4. Bezerker: *Incomprehensible screeching of joy, something about red bulls and wings*
      5. Regeneration: "I will find my honourable death in your service, Turios, but it will not be by bleeding to death."

• Name: Mist.
      Race: Nightmare.
      Appearance:
      Shadowy and dark, covered in robes, wearing light armour underneath it all and carrying with himself a one handed hammer and short sword. Beyond that, your imagination should suffice.

Bio: Mist and Fog are the talkative sort, surprisingly against colour for their race, and are twins. They tend to serve as the assassin guards of Turios, killing anyone who would dare attempt to threaten his life. They, like Turios, were cursed into their current forms, rather than being born Nightmares, and they, like Turios, were shunned out of society for it. Thus they've bonded to his cause, in the hopes of one day feeling welcome somewhere beyond a frigid mountain stronghold. Mist is fond of a pet cat, while Fog adores human hair and misses her own.

Skills:
      1. Weapon Mastery 2: "My blade skills have been honed by other nightmares."
      2. Assassin 2: "The shadows will be your ally Turios, if nobody else will be."

Name: Fog.
      Race: Nightmare.
      Appearance:
      Shadowy and dark, covered in robes, wearing light armour underneath it all and carrying with himself a one handed hammer and short sword. Beyond that, your imagination should suffice.

Skills:
      1. Weapon Mastery 1: "I'm not as skilled as my brother in the art of a blade..."
      2. Earth Magic: "...But I can always make the ground crumble beneath him to keep things even."
      3. Assassin 2: "As my brother has said, the darkness will keep you safe."

• Name: Rolnye Phohios. (Heir)
      Race: Human... Ish.
      Appearance:
      lady_of_the_knight_by_nathanparkart-d733esj.jpg

Source.
      Bio: Many would mistake her at appearance as being a pure of heart woman, and in some sense of the word, she is. Serving Turios as both his daughter and as a prominent lieutenant of his forces, she looked up to him even after he was banished. Convincing a few of his trusted friends to follow her at the meagre age of twelve, she helped Turios with every step of the way from that point on.

At one point in her life she even hired a Necromancer to try and make herself more like her father. When he failed to find a way to turn her despite multiple attempts, she slew him against her father's wishes. Between the two, she is the far more extreme of the two, willing to go to any lengths to ensure her father's success, even if that means the slaughter of civilians.

As for her appearance... Whoever said evil can't wear a pretty face?

Skills:
      1. Weapon Mastery 2: "I've been training with one of the best warriors in the world... And Quintin."
      2. Therianthropy 1: "In my attempts to obtain the same form as that of my father, the Necromancer did leave one gift..." (Awakened from the same genetics that gave her father the heavily altered form, she can turn into a werewolf. With similar armour shredding claws and increased agility, she becomes a larger target to hit and generally draws more attacks to herself. She falls unconscious at the end of the effect. Over time, this may manifest itself into full out lycanthropy, but for now, it's a weaker form, lacking the regenerative powers and superior strength lauded by many. She does strangely have an attraction towards the moon.)
      3. Berzerker Rage I: "My mother killed my brother, and my father is a cursed being who is hated by the world for what he is. I hate them. All of them."
      4. Hatred Fury: "I will see my father's dream realized, or I will burn the world to ashes around me!"

• +10,000 (10 unspent land development points).

Total Gold: 20,500.
    1 Skaven Captain: 25 Gold.
    2 Human Captains: 100 Gold.
    1 Ghoul Captain: 75 Gold.
    1 Moredhel Captain: 100 Gold.
    1 Minotaur Captain: 400 Gold.
    2 Nightmare Captains: 400 Gold.
    1 Heir: "I raised you for seventeen years and you expect pay?"

Total Price: "1,100 Gold Pieces, and seventeen years of my mortal life."

Expenditures:
    1,100 for Captains. (19,400)

Skaven
    1. 600 Clanrats (40:20 gold) (19,200)
    2. 400 Tunnelers (40:20 gold) (18,900)
    Humans
    1. 1,000 Fanatics (100:10 gold) (18,800)
    2. 500 Spearmen (10:10 gold) (18,300)
    3. 600 Archers (10:20 gold) (17,100)
    4. 100 Siege Engineers (20:40) (16,900)
    5. 200 Crossbowmen (10:25) (16,400)
    Moredhel
    1. 200 Repeater Crossbowmen (10:60) (15,200)
    2. 400 Siege Engineers (20:50) (14,200)
    Minotaur
    1. 200 Minotaur Berzerker (5:40) (13,800)

Ghouls
    1. 400 Reavers (20:30) (13,200)

Nightmares
    1. 500 Black Horsemen (10:60) (10,200)

"The gods are never appeased... Neither are any mortals."

Last edited:
Nice post Brovo, one thing I noticed though.

8 (Physical) + 1 (Magic) + 10 (Command) + 1 (Wealth) + 1 (Influence) + 8 (Dedication)=29, so unless I'm being silly you still have one more point in traits to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot I'm not the only person with an heir. Funny that it happens to be a character with a similar backstory lol

Also I love the mobile friendly layout of iwaku

Turios is done. I'll be moving forward to an IC post soon™

So without some decent investigation nobody will know the bandits are tied to me? Cool.
My sheet should be done now entirely.
All math checks out *gives it a stamp of approval*

Darius:
Weapon Mastery 1
Leader 1
Armour Expert

Ponthos:
Weapon Mastery 1
Tactician 1
Ambush Expert 1

Jean:
Weapon Mastery 1
Dark Visions, Jean indeed receives visions from a entity of darkness, some might be of events to pass or commands but occasionally she might be visited and a message of some kind be imparted upon her by the Gods/GM.
Dark Prophet, speaking of her visions, her gift has had the effect that some people see her as a chosen vessel of a god or the gods and are willing to defend and fight for her with their lives (Jean starts with a command of 100 Fanatics, if they die/their numbers dwindle she can go on a recruiting run among the villages loyal to Arlaw).

Erskana:
Weapon Mastery 2
Bezerker Rage 1

Veroes:
Weapon Mastery 1
Tactician 2

Striga:
Martial Artist 2
Leader 1
Night-Sight

Komeodis:
Weapon Mastery 3

Kuklo:
Weapon Mastery 3
Ironskin
Thunderous Strength
Earth Magic

Time to roll my random event.
One of the Gnoll clan chieftains from the clans in Arlaws service seems disgruntled with his position and comes with his followers to confront you and challenge you to a duel to settle the matter.

I think I'll take a random event too, though note that it will go to my captains as my character is currently in another city.

Status
Not open for further replies.