Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kad, I've got a few questions that are kind of important for the dude I'm making. Might make something very different instead, depending on the answers.

For the weapon mastery type trait, can we pick to have total mastery of certain weapon types rather than having it sort of up in the air?

If I get the Mithril Wealth trait, does that mean that just my Guardian can have armor and such made out of them, or me and my captains, or does that outfit all of my dudes in it? And does it work the same for all the lower material tiers, or are there maybe special rules and restrictions on the coolest ones?

Is the general premise of a special trait allowing me to have a special type of army unit acceptable, or would you prefer everyone just stick to what you have listed?

Last edited:
As was mentioned, I am worried about Imreal because he seems the most...one-dimensional? For lack of a better term.

Ugruuk is cool, and all: but he is a bit bland-ish at the moment.

Tell you what. I'mma stat up The three that are getting votes (Ugruuk, Imrael and Lidina) as well as a forth idea I've come up with, and then I might seek more advice.

...I'm such a dork when it comes to character creation. I swear, this is probably my favorite part about RPing.

Hey Kad, I've got a few questions that are kind of important for the dude I'm making. Might make something very different instead, depending on the answers.

For the weapon mastery type trait, can we pick to have total mastery of certain weapon types rather than having it sort of up in the air?

If I get the Mithril Wealth trait, does that mean that just my Guardian can have armor and such made out of them, or me and my captains, or does that outfit all of my dudes in it? And does it work the same for all the lower material tiers, or are there maybe special rules and restrictions on the coolest ones?

Is the general premise of a special trait allowing me to have a special type of army unit acceptable, or would you prefer everyone just stick to what you have listed?
Mastery: You can specify specific ones if you like. But Overlords(and Guardians) are assumed to have at least some skill with any weapons they can physically handle. (Eg: My Goblin Overlord could theoretically use Sauron's mace with great skill, but he'd never be able to pick it up :p)

If you had the Mithril Trait your Guardian and your Captains would certainly be equipped with it. (But only for Mithril)

For all the other tiers all your people are outfitted with such.

The General Premise of a special trait is going for something you like that fits your character but there isn't a trait for it. So this can range from changing a normal trait slightly to entirely new ones like, as you said, a special type of army unit. The only "catch" being that it has to be accepted by me or Sarz.

(Speaking of which. Sarz is now an official GM-Lackey... or Co-GM... however you choose to roll :p)

• Rowyn Hilde
    Preferred Equipment: Longbow, Quiver, Longsword, Soft Leather Jerkin, Boots and Bracers
    Gold: 20 remaining from Troops
    Animal Companion: Trysteln, Worg

Land of the Mists: Long ago, a tragedy befell the lands before a guardian took up a cause to protect its people. Its people cried out, their tears fell and the land itself mourned for the fallen. From that day, the land itself has offered its protection to the people. The lands are shrouded by an ever-present protective mist that befuddles invaders and assist the natives in setting up ambushes or fleeing into its safety.

Nature's Blessing: In times of dire need, nature has a way of giving Rowyn a helping hand. Either an animal friend coming to help her, a shift in the weather just happening to mask her scent from those pesky hounds on her trail or a pursuer slipping on a raised root. Maybe it is luck, but she is hardly convinced.
    Physical
    [9]
    Magic
    [2]
    Command
    [5]
    Wealth
    [4]
    Influence
    [5]
    Dedication
    [5]
    Dance of the Bee Summon Faithful Animal Companion Tactical Retreat Small Lands Guardian of the Wild Border Jumper
    Swiftness of the Gazelle Earth Magic Wise Tactician Normal Lands Body of a God Hero Worship
    Grace of the Panther   Eledhel Leather Decree This! There's Something About the Good Side
    Skill of the Monkey   Dryads Civil Service Getting Your Own Hands Dirty Ingenuous
    Eye of the Eagle   Treemen   Counter-Spy Karma Coordinator
    Step of the Cat          
    Beautiful          
    Survivor          
    Animal Magnetism          
    Biography:
    To say the least, Rowyn never saw herself as the Guardian sort. In fact, in her youth, most would not have said she was to unruly and mischievous to amount to one either. She was always getting into trouble with her small band of friends and leaving the borders of the forest to seek excitement elsewhere. It is here that her legacy begins to grow.

In her excursions away from the forests, she began to grow more bold, striking out against the overlords that would cause trouble for the Baelmyst forests from times to times. She and her friends began to grow in fame with her friends in their daring, but none so much as her in her role. She began to increase her activity and establish her presence in the Baelmyst and contribute to the community with time.

However, she began to notice hints of change in her own home. The forest she knew was beginning to twist and change. The Guardian that protected it was beginning to change and grow more violent and take actions harsh and cruel. It was revealed that he had made pacts with dark spirits. Soon enough, there was a call for action and the denizens of her home looked for a champion... and they looked to her.

And for the first time, she felt a sense of duty to her home and people. She took up arms against the fallen Guardian who had lost his way. She drove him from the Baelmyst forests. Yet, that left the small forest without a Guardian to protect them in a world of hungry Overlords that would no doubt be ready to descend. And it was at that point that the mantle of Guardianship was thrust upon Rowyn.
  • The Baelmyst Forest
    Primary Land Type: Forests
    Secondary Land Type: Swamps

Town of Fylrenhil,
    Town of Selhalune,
    Village of Aneth Thalor, Eledhel,
    Village of Umren Esari, Eledhel,
    Village of Ilmneas, Dryad,
    Village of Winterbirch, Ent Commune,
    Ruins of Rah'vello

Druidic Stone Circle
    Paved Roads
    3 Trappers
    5 Foresters

Lakeside Temple of Ehr'enduil
    Quality: Good
    Expanded Barracks x4
    Library
    Wells x2
    Meat Stores
    Siege Engines
    Advanced Siege Engines
    Alchemical Laboratories
    Escape Tunnels
    Armoury
    Large Smithy
    Armoured Treasury
    Sanctuary Portal Heart
  • Commanders

• An elder and respected member of Rowyn's council, he is of the oldest council of the treemen in the Baelmyst Forest. He is the most trusted when it comes to diplomatic affairs... And despite his age, he is still an able fighter.

Martial Artist
      Packs a Whollop
      , have you ever been hit by a sentient tree, its as if you are hit by someone wielding a entire log as a blunt weapon.
      Wise Council, if Splinterspine is around during any diplomatic negotations he may have a chance to soothe people that might become a tad emotional by offering a logical and neutral standpoint to calm them down so talking can continue in peace.
      Bulwark
      Painless Combat
      Durable Ent
      , Splinterspine is made of a wood type extremely resistant to fire. He is not immune but it will take prolonged contact and intensive ammounts of fire to be a true danger to him.

• Amra is a curiosity of the Dryads. She does not practice archery, she feels most alive in the fall. She is fascinated with fire. She is a woman that captured Rowyn's attention when they were both children and they grew to be quite close. Amra, of course, seems to be a bit discordant with her nature roots, though.

Water Magic
      Swiftness of the Gazelle
      Survivor
      Beautiful
      Step of the Cat

• Lyre is perhaps one of the newest additions to Rowyn's merry band. Of course, this was more a formality pushed by necessity on behalf of the dryad demographic of her army. So far, though, she has proven to be a excellent archer and divine at party tricks.

Weapons Expert 1 (Archery based)
      Survivor
      Step of the Cat
      Magician
      , Lyre is a blast at parties, able to summon birds out of, seemingly, nowhere and have the mflutter about to amuse and instil winder and joy in people.

• One of Rowyn's oldest friends, he was one of those who went with her on her expeditions over the borders. He, however, is a bit too serious for his own good. He is a deadly shot, though, so it makes up for it, at least.

Weapons Expert 2
      Armour Expert

• Salihn is one of Rowyn's oldest friend and one of those who went with her on her expeditions over the borders. She tends to have a penchant for getting a little too into the nitty-gritty of battle, though, bringing into question the soundness of a guardian associating with such a character.

Weapons Expert 1
      Survivor
      Red Haze
      , Salihn will in prolonged battles, get lost in it, a red haze comes over her eyes and she just lives to be a whirlwind of death untill all foes are vanquished, running, or her allies are trying to hold her back or tackle her to the ground.

• Intevar the charmer. He is the lady's man of Rowyn's friends from childhood. It seems to get him into trouble more often than, not, though.

Beautiful
      Voice of Honesty
      Grace of the Panther

• Nieven is one of those who is a bit of a mystery and quite honestly, he is the only one Rowyn finds herself questioning if she can truly trust. However, his ability finds him in her employ none-the-less.

Confuse and Confound Magic
      Step of the Cat
      Dance of the Bee

[tabs][/tabs]
  • Troops
    Forces of Baelmyst
    Eledhel Dryad Treeman
    150 Keen Swordsmen 500 Longbowman 200 Pummelers
    200 Swordsmen 300 Sniper Crossbowmen 100 Rock-Tossers
    300 Spearmen    
    150 Pikemen    
    100 Cavalry    

Last edited:
Hrm, thanks for the answers Kad. Knowing all of the army would get Damascus Steel if I got that trait makes my idea for a smaller elite force instead of a large army less appealing. Back to the drawing board I go.

It's a trait under Physical called "Therianthropy" it requires Physical 5 and can be taken up to 3 times, each time taken allowing 1 extra form to shapeshift into (subject to approval)
If I use unique for it?

Hrm, thanks for the answers Kad. Knowing all of the army would get Damascus Steel if I got that trait makes my idea for a smaller elite force instead of a large army less appealing. Back to the drawing board I go.
It does depend on your own preferences, it's entirely possible to give a smaller elite group it and the rest lesser stuff.

If I use unique for it?
I'm sorry but no, the Therianthrope trait is a must-have for it, you could use a special to give you twice as many 'shapes' to shift into. But the Therianthrope trait is unavoidable.

It does depend on your own preferences, it's entirely possible to give a smaller elite group it and the rest lesser stuff.
Nahhh, that'd feel like a waste of the points spent to get the better material. I'm working on a fairly different concept instead, magic focused instead of physical.

Too bad then. *goes to find appearance*

• 18e3928970138ca4a58923ee7dfbed79-d7tz79h.jpg

Eren Felise (Female Overlord) Source

Equipment: Leather jerkin/gloves/boots; spear; dagger

Biography:
    When raiders came to her village, she prayed to the gods for salvation. When the town was burned, she offered her soul to hell for vengeance. But in the the end, it was mortals who destroyed the town, and mortals who built it back up again.

Now, as a mortal, Eren has conquered and rallied her way into what she considered her own minor kingdom. Two Guardians of Elucidar have underestimated her and fallen by her hand, leaving only a half-angel daughter to oppose her. She has gathered and tempered the disillusioned and like-minded into a fanatical force with which to enact her will. A will to destroy the holy and unholy alike, and leave the world to the machinations of mortality. If the heavens and hells raise champions to oppose her, she will crush them. If she finds the faithful giving worship, she will burn them. Nothing lasts forever, and it is time to show the world that truth.

{More details on the two fallen Guardians can be found in Elysiane's Bio}

• Weapon Mastery (3) - You're skill with weapons is considerable. You can pick up a blade, an axe, a club, a crossbow, and know how to use them all without much difficulty. This trait can stack to a total of 3 times, each point improving your skill by 50% above a normal being. (Total 150% better than an average being.)
      • Ironskin - Flesh like iron, the durability of the Evil Overlord is boundless, at least so far as Iron is concerned.
      • Hatred Fury - With a bellow from the depths of your Evil Soul you strike down your enemies with terror as you wade into combat.

• Air Magic - You control the power of the air. From lightning bolts to small tornadoes.
      • Gateway - You forget a gateway between your location and any one location you have been to before allowing you and a small force to travel there at will.
      • Something in the Dark - Provoking extreme fear from most people as it taps into their innermost terrors of the unknown things that dwell in the dark. This can range from a reluctance to approach the object of their imagined fear to raw pants-wetting terror and even fleeing as fast as they possibly can.

• Nightmares - Also called Myrdraal, these pale eyeless creatures see a persons spirit before attacking. They can travel between shadows by turning "sideways" within them. Excellent swordsmen that project an aura of fear.

• Orc Steel (3) - Orc forged steel. This is stronger than human-forged steel and is extremely reliable. Though it weighs considerably more than its human equivalent it is tougher to boot.
      • Big Lands (3) - You own 160 square km worth of land.
      • Looting Experts - Your people are excellent appraisers... and looters. This makes an excellent combination for when you take a town, though the townsfolk may be inclined to disagree!
      • Gold Mine - You have a larger gold mine than most. This gives you a larger income at least.
      • Gem Mine - You have a precious gem mine, while you certainly pull out small quantities of other useful materials, it is the Gems that make you the most money, and friends. (Increase Lair Points by 20%)
      • Crystal Mine - You have access to a rare Crystal Mine. But not just any crystals, but magically resonating crystals. These can make you very wealthy, but used properly can also give you a hidden magical reserve. (Increase Lands Points by 20%)

• Disenchanted Priests - These priests have lost their faith despite the knowledge their gods exist. They work subliminally with the populace eroding belief in the gods and turning their villages from the "light" to dwell more on your side of the fence.

• Fantatical Leadership (2) - Your leadership and dedication to your cause give your men supreme confidence in your dark destiny and that of their own people. They fight harder and longer for your cause.
      • One Vision, One Purpose - Your men are single-mindedly dedicated to your over-arching goals and purpose. While this gives them great benefits in the pursuit of such they are so dedicated to this one purpose that they will resist even your attempts to change it.
      • Implacable Will - Your forces and objectives are clear. And anything in your way is likely to be ground beneath your heels. But at the same time you build support for your cause by those likeminded individuals.
      • Great Plans - "Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood." Your plans are grand, epic and the sort that an enemy would quail to behold if they ever realised the scope of your plans. Let them quail, for your men are moved by your plans and will not forsake them easily.
      • Shield of Hate - Enemy spells that might affect your mind, or those of your closest followers, simply cannot work in proximity to you, your hate is proof against their petty magics and those who are in proximity to you share the power of the mental shield it projects.
      • You Can't Kill the Messiah - You have a knack for escaping death and reappearing when all others considered you to be dead. Whenever they believe you killed you can rebuild in peace for some time before making a most dramatic re-appearance.
      • Anti-Divine Right - Your dedication to the destruction of the churches and slaying of their gods knows no equals, except others like you who follow you for the sole purpose of seeing your dark work done.(Gains support with the anti-religious crowds)
      • Dark Harvest - Your forces are not fed on evil wishes, they're fed like anything else is fed, but they are experts at doing so "on the march" foraging for food, pillaging farms and descending upon the livestock while the farmer sleeps. But they only do so at night and are ten leagues distant come the dawn.
      • Stare of Fate - Your dedication is such that any who question it wither before your gaze, of course not literally, but they will find themselves wanting to get the hell out of dodge quickly.

• A Mortal World - It is not only the gods that you wish to remove from this world, it is the demons as well. As such, your anti-divine traits (such as Anti-Divine Right and Disenchanted Priests) apply to the unholy as well.
      • Tenacity of Will - You are remarkably hard to kill. More often than not, if you are left to succumb to a lethal, crippling blow, you will persevere and return. Scarred, but alive.
    • Extra Points - 0

• Mountainous - Mining opportunities are unparalleled and your lair is hard to reach. However the cold is disliked by your minions and food is not an easy commodity to come by. So are villages to terrify. A mountain fortress is only good if you‟re willing to travel to get what you want. However conversely you don't get many callers.
      • Plains - These are typical rolling plains, though they will show signs of your corruption. Depending on the size of the lands it may include small parcels of forest as well.
      • Great Mines - The great mines of a mountain fortress are impressive. They carry out many many times more what a simple mining village can, and are often almost towns in their own right. They require a couple farms to support them but otherwise will easily produce the bulk of your metal requirements. (Counts as six mines)
      • City - A city is a primal place where many thousands to tens of thousands gather. They can provide an excellent source of information from passing traders. But a City is not a cheap endeavour. They can provide people, troops and information. But to feed a city is not a small endeavour. Cities require 10 Farms to support them.
      • Walled City - A city is a primal place where many thousands to tens of thousands gather. They can provide an excellent source of information from passing traders. But a City is not a cheap endeavour. They can provide people, troops and information. But to feed a city is not a small endeavour. Cities require 10 Farms to support them. A Walled city is far easier to defend as it has, you know, walls.
      • Village x6 - A village of humans exists within your borders, they pay tithes to you in gold and information. The village has a small inn and about 300 humans living in it. But a Village requires a farm to subsist.
      • Town x6 - A far larger communion of people. This can have a mix of races living in it though they will tend to segregate themselves to their own kind. A town is far more reliable than a village but requires 2 Farms to support it. The population is usually about a thousand individuals.
      • Farms x16 - A farm is usually manned by humans who farm both for your war efforts and for your towns and villages. And if you‟re wealthy enough, a city if you have one.
      • Advanced Farms x12 - These farms are bigger and farmed by skilled Farmers. They can take the load of two other farms easily for little more effort. (Counts as 2 Farms)
      • Dirt Roads - You have extensive dirt roads connecting your improvements making movement easier. So long as it doesn‟t rain.
      • Abandoned Stronghold - This stronghold stood for who knows long against who knows what. Its great gates remain closed and no signs of life have been seen for a hundred years or more. Who knows what benefits it may offer.

• The Walled City of Vemise - Located deep in the mountains, Vemise is the oldest and grandest of the cities under Eren's rule, and home to her lair.
      • The City of Breezewaters - Located at the fork of two rivers, it is a calm city that likes to keep it's head down instead of drawing Eren's attention.
      • The Town of Bilwater - What was originally Breezewaters, but dwindled away when the local river shifted course.
      • The Town of Garrenhold - Eren's birthplace, it is protected by little more than a broken down wooden palisade, fallen to disrepair.
      • The Towns of Velwood, Hilliny, Catspaw, and Sedean - Places of little import.
      • The Villages of Woldin, Ferse, Buimn, Poluin, Redstock, and Gerrisden - Places of no import.
    • tower_prison_by_jordangrimmer-d59axi1.jpg

Dalehnrul (Pristine Tower of the Overlord) Source
      Extra Points - 15

• Barracks x3 - Your fortress can house your minions more comfortably than before. Thus there is less issues of infighting.
      • Library - Libraries are important to an Evil Overlord of the intellectual persuasion. They like to keep their books of power, or just books full of information, within these enchanted walls designed to protect any documents kept within them from the ravages of time.
      • Dungeon - With specially imported rats from the sewers of Igottatakeadump this lovely utility is for keeping all those weeping villagers in until your torturers can spare the time to see to them.
      • Wells x2 - Your lair has a source of water, it doesn‟t actually have to be a well but it is the most common. As such you can sustain a prolonged siege longer than without. Can be taken up to 4 times. (Each Well adds 1 month to the time your castle can resist a siege)
      • Meat Stores x2 - Though you‟re evil the concept of food preservation is important to you as your food stores for resisting a siege aren‟t going to be any pansy grains and fruit trees. You want MEAT to resist attack, not stuff that grows in dirt of all places! (Each Meat Store adds 1 month to the time your castle can resist a siege.)
      • Large Smithy - Your castle, like most, has a smithy. However yours has a larger more extensive smithy. This allows your smiths to craft items at a faster rate, from armour and swords to horseshoes, arrowheads etc.
      • Seige Engines - The Fortress is defended by Ballistae and Catapults. Few would casually assault your walls without caution. To do so is literal and figurative suicide without counter-artillery.
      • Advanced Seige Engines - You don't just have Ballistae and Catapults, those are soooo last week. No, you have Heavy Repeating Ballistae and Trebuchet's guarding your walls.
      • Unholy Dungeons - These are not cheap, acquired lightly or simply used to keep prisoners. These are used to contain captured Guardians or holy creatures such as Angels. These dungeons are bound with the tightest most powerful binding spells the unholy can have access too. Indeed, lesser Angels such as Cherubim would likely be killed by being locked in one of the cages.
      • Lava Moat - If water slows people down Lava is just a giant “fuck you”. It also keeps the castle warm in winter. However once a month you must conduct a ritual of power to restore the Lava Moat‟s magical properties. Though as it is not a spell no effort can be made to dispel it.
      • Lair Portal Heart - ALL Lairs and Sanctuaries have a portal heart that the Overlord or Guardian can always elect to return to at any time so long as they have enough forewarning. Other players (or powers) cannot transit to a Portal Heart of a Lair and Sanctuary without the Overlord or Guardian's direct consent. They are the safest and most secure parts of a Lair or Sanctuary, and even if the Lair or Sanctuary is otherwise completely destroyed, so long as the Overlord or Guardian lives, and the Portal Heart remains intact, it can rebuild itself to its former glory... eventually.
    • Extra Gold - 0

• Human Swordsmen - 4900
      • Human Polearm Infantry - 2000
      • Human Archers - 1800
      • Human Black Knights - 380
      • Human Seige Engineers - 100
      • Nightmare Blademasters - 400

Total Humans - 9,180
      Total Nighmares - 400
      Total Size - 9,580
      Total Gold Value - 14,400 Gold

Casaulties - 1,500 Gold Value
      • 800 Human Swordsmen
      • 200 Human Archers
      • 20 Human Black Knights
      • general_by_saryth-d4tjeca.jpg

Source
        A vicious warrior who isn't at home unless she's wading through a sea of blood; friend or foe. When Eren wishes for an enemy to be wiped out, and has no need for prisoners, Shireen is who she sends. As far as Eren can tell, Shireen is loyal to her, though it may just be that she provides ample opportunities for violence.

• Weapon Mastery 2
        • Unchecked Violence - Shireen's dedication means that she'll stop and nothing, at all, to see her objective is done. Dead. Finished. Pushing up the daisies. She will not stand back or retreat short of a direct order. And even then she may not.
      • gawain_01_by_crow_god-d60kx6w.jpg

Source
        Though talented, Edward does not take pleasure in fighting. Then again, he does not seem to take pleasure in anything. He serves as the personal bodyguard and sometimes advisor to Eren, and it was at his request that she had a library built in her lair. From what she understands, he has family in the village of Redstock, and in fact it was after his family's signature red hair that the village gained it's name.

• Weapon Mastery 1
        • Scholar 2 - When seeking information, from your own library or others, Tryst provides a significant advantage in finding it in a reasonable timeframe.
      • silver_mask_god_by_diegoocunha-d74qrh5.jpg

Source
        Faalryd is silent, Faalryd is deadly, and Faalryd is unknown. In essence, the perfect being to lead Eren's nightmare troops. He is cruel, but not out of a perverse lust. It is a casual cruelty, a simple state of being. The very idea that he understands such things as mercy and kindness is laughable.

• Leader 1
        • Assassin 1
        • Fire Magic 1

Last edited:
Just remember everyone: I technically could've gotten 80,000 Fanatics for my army. Unnervingly devoted and loyal fanatics.

Or 160,000 zealots if I took the zealot trait. But I won't. I'm not a jerk.

Kad, remember that heartwarming time I showed how to make an infinite army of everything using undead slaves?

Last edited:
Definitely interested in this one. Will post my signup tomorrow probably.

• Name: Zehi'n, The Desert General

Race: Human (Celestine)

Appearance: Zehi'n, in his public appearances, is a rather large human, 6 foot tall covered head to toe in Damascus Steel full plate, which takes a sky blue color, and his trademark mask. The mask is a decorative design with a circle in the middle, signifying the piercing eye of justice. Or something.

Outside of his costume, Zehi'n looks more simple, having brown eyes, well groomed brown hair, and wearing a white cloak. Few are those who have seen this appearance.

Bio: The public knows little about who Zehi'n, the Desert General, is under his helmet. The only real things the public tends to know are that he was among many refugees that retreated to the land of Zara after one of the numerous Overlords took over his homeland. They also know that he worked tirelessly once coming here to rebuild the land to its former glory and keep the land safe from the tyranny of evil.

In truth, the man was one of the many sons and heirs of the King known as the Paragon of Order and Justice. Born an Inago, he was dead last in line to receive the kingdom, so he regarded his royal studies as mostly worthless. He was not going to become king after all, so why bother working for it? His only real involvement in politics was to try and stem the under-flowing tide of inequality sweeping the land. The so called Paragon did not particularly like this, citing the need to keep the nobles happy and that Order was more important than equality in these trying times.

This philosophy came back to bite the king. Hard.

It had been a rather boring week for the prince, so he kept himself busy reading a fantasy novel in the royal library. Suddenly though, things took a turn for the worst when he heard screams coming from the throne room. Alarmed, Inago hurried to the throne, arriving just in time to hear his father's pleas for mercy from a certain Overlord before being burned to ashes. Frozen in shock, Inago likely would have been killed by the Overlord, known later as Asmodeus, had his siblings not tried to drive the Overlord out. At first, Inago was relieved, but soon discovered his siblings bickering at each other. They had not tried to kill Asmodeus simply for justice, only for their own gain.

Knowing that another attack was likely imminent, Inago left on a mission to bring an army to help defeat the Overlord before it was too late. When he returned with the signed treaties, he found his home...now turned into a demon infested keep by Asmodeus. He fled for his own life. He told himself that he would never return, but in his heart a rage swelled inside of him. Asmodeus would pay for this in death.

After wandering the continent for several months, he finally came upon Zara. As it happened, the King there was his father's nephew's son, and took the prince under his wing for a time. Soon after, Inago's mind then turned to justice...not vengeance, but justice.

He discovered a ruin, where he found the Mask of the Cyclopian Seer. It was left behind in a ruin that had supposedly been plundered of all its treasures by looters, but it sat in a secret chamber, undisturbed. What happened after, he could not truly say, as it showed him images, images of a white shining tower, where he has Asmodeus at his mercy, a sword in his right hand. He cut her down, finally ending her reign of terror. When the vision ended, he believed it to be a vision of the future, if he had the right tools for the job.

What happened next was a long, slow process of becoming trained in the ways of the Guardians, then becoming a Guardian and earning the people's trust. He soon learned of his unusual gift at influencing people. He had used Zehi'n as a pseudonym, after hearing that one of his other siblings was heavily distrusted due to their corruption, and eventually the name stuck. His influence slowly grew, until an Overlord tried to wrest control of the region. The Overlord was driven back, as were the next few. Zehi'n's goal was clear, to rid the world of evil, especially demonkind, and bring the world back to the golden age before the comet. He would achieve this by throwing as many evildoers as he could into his Conversion Chamber.

Except for Asmodeus, she was to be given the same mercy she showed his father.

Preferred Equipment: Damascus Steel Full Plate, along with a helmet and fortified gauntlets to deflect, and give, attacks.

Physical 5 Magic 1 Command 8 Wealth 5 Influence 10 Dedication 1
    Celestine Healing Hands Wise Tactician Leather Call to Arms A Father to His Men
    Voice of Honesty   Each has a Place Iron Holy Connections  
    Martial Artist   Dwarves Investment in the Future Distant Royal Relation  
    Martial Artist   Paladin Small Lands Always Rewarded  
    Martial Artist   Anoredhel Normal Lands Policing Power  
        Naga   Counter-Spy  
        Werewolves   Decree This!  
        Ogier   Trade Routes  
          Gold: 12,500
    Chancellor
    and
    Scholar

Special:
    Protector of the Traders: Due to his connections with a major trading hub, the Guardian has protected a variety of traders going through the land. In turn, this inspires some loyalty from merchants that pass through the area often, allowing the Guardian to get many different things at an especially reduced price, or even for free if said merchant was recently rescued.

Mask of the Cyclopian Seer: During his early travels, Zehi'n found a magic helmet from an era long lost. The mask gives it's wearer mind resisting effects, though as Zehi'n is already nearly immune, it does not help too much. What it can do however is allow him to fire a beam of searing light from the mask, akin to some interpretations of Cyclopes. As Zehi'n is not much of a mage though, it takes some of his stamina to use this feature, tiring him out. His commanders have reproductions of this mask, but aside from some minor protections against mind effects, they are purely for looks.

Lands: Zara [Mountainous Desert (Total: 700 Points)]: This land is nothing particularly spectacular, as it is mostly desert. However, there is a large amount of canyons in the area, most of which are great for some mining.

Walled Oasis City: Eterni: For many ages, before the comet came, Eterni was a trader's hub, as it held together four neighboring countries who relied on trade to get the things they could not get on their own. When the comet came though, the city was pillaged by a certain Overlord, and the land laid fallow for many years. Eventually though, a King sought to reclaim the old trade routes for profit, and so he gathered together some of the city's surviving descendents and rebuilt the city on the same spot the old one was. It has grown into a fantastic place of wealth, and though it hasn't reached it's former glory, traders frequent the city even today.

18 Oasis Farms (10 in City, 2 for Mines, 1 for each village)

Silk Road

Great Mines

Human Village

Dwarf Village

Anoredhel Village

Naga Village

Werewolves Village

Ogier Village

Sanctuary: Heart of the Desert (Total: 700 Points): Zehi'n's base of Operations, the Heart of the Desert is a Cathedral in the desert about 50 miles from Eterni known for it's connection to the gods. In particular it reveres Remintog, the World Tree, which might seem like an anomaly at first, but mostly is revered for how life can thrive even in the most inhospitable conditions. Zehi'n has greatly expanded the place, adding barracks for his army, a purification chamber, and a library. It's not the nicest base of operations, but it is good enough for what Zehi'n wants to do in the short term.
    Desert Cathedral (Adequate Quality)

6x Expanded Barracks

Library

Oasis (Acts as a Well)

Meat Stores

Prison

Purification Chamber

1 Armoury

Theatre

Large Smithy

Seige Engines

Sanctuary Portal Heart

Command Minions/Allies: (Spent: 950 Gold)
    A: Human Captain
    Role: Holy Knight (Leader of the Paladins)

Equipment: Full Plate Iron Armor. Horse with Iron armor. Lance and Shield, the latter having a holy symbol pictured on the front.

Traits:
    Armour Expert
    Weapon Mastery 1
    Holy Magic (type of magic that has some healing factors, some undead & demon repelling but not as strong as the actual spells healing hands and banish undead)

Bio: A highly pious sort, Harad is one of the former Captains of another Guardian before said Guardian finally got the axe by a vicious Overlord. Harad is of the firm belief that the gods are never appeased, and as such does everything he can to earn his spot in heaven. He has lots of experience fighting the forces of evil, and especially in fighting against demons. He also has some holy magic in his arsenal as well. His only real problem is that he considers tieflings and similar part demons about the same as any other demon, only being held back by Zehi'n in that regard.
    B: Dwarf Captain
    Role: Infantry General

Equipment: Full Iron Plate Armor. The "Galdeg", an Iron Battleaxe he found as a trophy from a certain orc warlord.

Traits:
    Weapon Mastery 1
    Leader 2

Bio: A peerless warrior, Legnar is a brash and hearty dwarf who is known for his skill with the Battleaxe. He also has some good tactical know how, though his plans usually end with "and then beat everybody up". Supposedly he could even go toe to toe with an Overlord, though he would be unlikely to actually be able to kill one by himself. Does not take to Zehi'n's plan of take them in and convert them though, he prefers to kill any enemies he comes across.
    C: Anoredhel Captain
    Role: Cavalry General

Equipment: Leather Armor and Camel Armor. One Grade A camel. Longsword.
    Traits:
    Weapon Mastery 1
    Tactician 1
    Leader 1

Bio: More of an athlete than a general, Encindal knows how to ride horses, camels, bulls, just about anything really, with aplomb. Encindal's a competent, though not particularly threatening warrior. However, he is a tireless worker, and commands a lot of respect from his peers. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a better camel rider in all the land.
    D: Werewolf Captain
    Role: Advisor and Strategist

Equipment: Clothing. Prefers to be unburdened in combat.

Traits:
    Martial Artist 2
    Tactician 2
    Advisor, Allan is a strong advisor. He may even end up being used as a conduit by the GM to pass along intuition that can help... or hinder if you have no luck.

Bio: Allan is one of Zehi'n's most trusted Captains, mostly for being a man of a similar mind to Zehi'n himself and being a good second opinion. Zehi'n trusts Allan more than anyone. He's not really a combatant though, he generally just orders the troops that fall under his command. Still, he's a shrewd tactician, and knows his way around a battlefield.
    E: Naga Captain
    Role: Archer General

Equipment: Iron Naga Armor. Longbow with Poisoned Arrows (non-lethal). Two Longswords.

Traits:
    Weapon Mastery 2
    Leader 1
    Eye of the Eagle

Bio: Intami's history is a rather sketchy one. She started off as an Overlord who was thrown into another Guardian's Conversion Chamber and was "reborn". This does not seem to have impacted her capability for snark or her sarcastic attitude though. She lost a lot of her former power, thanks to her Overlord powers being mostly constrained to demon summoning. However, she's still a skilled archer, and if that doesn't work, a longsword in each hand should be enough to skewer enemies.
    F: Ogier Captain
    Role: Siege Engineer

Equipment: Iron Ogier Armor. Two Handed Club. Tools that an Ogier Gardener uses.

Traits:
    Siege Engineer
    Leader 3
    Weapon Mastery 1

Bio: A kind hearted Ogier, Grenda does not really care for fighting. In fact, she has taken a personal vow of pacifism, though has been known to bend it if the situation gets particularly dire. What she does do, however, is make Siege Engines of high quality and quantity. She and her team of "Gardeners" can make just about anything needed in a matter of minutes to hours, depending on the complexity.

Armies: (Spent: 11,550 Gold)

Infantry:
    500 Human Swordsmen (500)
    500 Axe Dwarves (1000)
    500 Hammer Dwarves (1000)
    220 Werewolves (1100)

Cavalry:
    120 Paladins (1200)
    250 Anoredhel Camelry (2500)

Archers:
    200 Naga Archers (1600)
    300 Human Crossbowmen (750)

Support:
    50 Naga Field Medics (700)
    40 Ogier Gardeners (400)
    100 Ogier (800)

Designation:
    Infantry: 1720 Men
    Cavalry: 370 Men
    Archers: 500 Men
    Support: 190 Men
    Total: 2780 Men

Commanders:
    • Legnar Parker has the lead authority on most of the melee infantry forces. Although Allan has the final say on where the werewolves go, he usually trusts Legnar to get the job done.
    • Encindal leads the cavalry forces, including the Paladins. Harad is treated as more of an "Elite Paladin", though Encindal at least lends an ear to his words to keep him happy. There's some tension between the two though.
    • Intami leads the archers in the army, as well as the Naga Field Medics, though they have a Lieutenant to guide them should Intami fall.
    • Grenda leads all of the specialized forces, particularly the Gardeners. With her natural leadership abilities though, some have theorized that she could replace one of the others if necessary.
    Army:
    • The Frontline Fighters (Swordsmen, Axemen, and Hammer-Dwarves) all wear heavy Iron armor, a one handed weapon (determined by type), and a shield.
    • Werewolves wear loose fitting leather armor, and rely on their claws for damage.
    • Paladins are outfitted like Harad above, though with camels instead of horses. Camelry are decked out in Leather Armor and camel armor, and use spears.
    • Naga Archers and Human Crossbowmen are outfitted with leather armor and as many arrows and bolts as they so wish, typically around 50 each.
    • Ogier Infantry are given the best quality armor available, as well as a variety of two handed weapons. Battleaxes, Claymores, Warhammers, and even a few two handed Flails.
    • Field Medics and Gardeners only wear clothing. They are given all the tools needed to do their jobs, as well as some Iron Daggers for self defense.

• Name: Jack Frost
    Race: Dragon Ogre
    Appearance: (Picture or description allowed.)
    Bio: (History, some insight into their character and mindset, demeanor etc.)
    Preferred Equipment: Jack Frost doesn't need equipment, he uses his bare hands and icy armor to terrify enemies
    Physical 10 Magic 1 Command 2 Wealth 8 Influence 1 Dedication 8
    Hulking Physique Gateway Minions Furs Too Dumb to be Evil Spirited Leadership
    Thermal Manifestation (Cold)   Trolls Small Lands   Fanatical Leadership
    Iron Skin     Normal Lands   Great Plans
    Dragonheart     Big Lands   Doubtless Loyalty
    Theriantropy     Bigger Lands   Dark Harvest
    Theriantropy     Gold Mine   Wave of Despair
    Mutations     Gem Mine   Shield of Hate
    Dragon Ogre's Body     Antique Artifacts   Self Sufficient

Great Wings
    and Hatred Fury

Special:
    Everfrost Crystal: The artifact (of doom!) that gives the Overlord his immense powers. The artifact is sentient, and desires to fill the world with frost so that it can ascend and challenge the gods themselves. To this end, the Overlord and his trusted commanders are given power over ice that few can match. In return, the Overlord must convert any land he encounters into tundra by placing a Heart of Frost in the midst of the land. If it covers a good portion of the world with ice, other things might happen. That said, if the Everfrost Crystal is ever destroyed, the Overlord will die instantly (not vise versa though), though given that it's a crystal, this requires quite some effort. (Buff to Ice type magic, Tundra Conversion, Special Fortress [see below], new fun effects if a good portion of the world is turned to ice [up to GM if that happens].)

Ice From Fire: Due to the Everfrost Crystal, units that can use a natural source of fire can choose whether to use Fire or Ice based attacks at any time, and can use either without repercussions to themselves. Note that this only applies to natural sources of fire, such as Dragonheart, Red Minion abilities, and Salamander Riders. If you want Fire magic, you will have to get it the old fashioned way.

Lands (1495/1495 Points Total): Mountainous Tundra
    3x Walled Coastal City (495)

Dirt Roads (10)

Cobblestone Roads (10)

2x Tundra Hunters (20)

2x Whalers (40)

3x Great Mines (120)

30x Farms (600)

2x Abandoned Stronghold (200)

Lair (2025/2025 Total): Hailfire Citadel (1650 Points): One of the most bizarre locations in the world, Hailfire Citadel is a gigantic castle made of magically reinforced ice, but it is located within a volcano and has a lava moat flowing around it. The reason this happens is because the Everfrost Crystal wills it, and this gives the place an unearthly look. Inside, there is a maximum fun chamber, used for some rather odd methods of torture and execution.
    Type: Citadel of Nightmare
    Quality: Pristine

6x Expanded Barracks

Maximum Fun Chamber (Torture Chambers, though with a twist to be revealed IC)

2xWells

2x Meat Stores

Lava Moat (Everfrost Crystal keeps the fort walls from melting from the heat from this.)

Armored Treasure Vault

Unholy Dungeons

Wailing Wall

Seige Engines->Advanced Seige Engines

Dungeon

3x Armories

Large Smithy

Library

Portal Heart

Backup Castle: Everfrost Peak (375 Points): Hidden in the furthest reaches of the Overlord's territory, this backup fort is difficult to reach by friend and foe alike, thanks to the constant blizzards, but it's only adequate for an escape fortress, having only the bare essentials. Still, it beats being homeless on the off chance somebody takes Hailfire Citadel.
    Type: Ice Fortress
    Quality: Adequate

3x Expanded Barracks

1x Well

1x Meat Store

1x Escape Tunnel

Portal Heart

Command Minions/Allies: (Spent: 625 Gold)
    A: Sarcastic Ice Mage
    Role: Ice Mage Extraordinaire

Equipment: Fur clothing, spellbook, and a sneaky grin.

Traits:

Bio: Corinox is a human mage who simply does what pleases him. It turns out that screaming voices pleases him greatly, so he takes perverse delight in freezing victims solid, slowly. All that said, he acts quite lazy, and expects the minions to give him victims to torture or he'll freeze them solid and add them to his ice sculpture collection. If you anger him enough though, he will hold no punches and will use his full arsenal of magic against you.
    B: Minion Advisor
    Role: Advisor

Equipment: Robe, large stick, glasses.

Traits:

Bio: An old and wise minion, Karv is a minion who has survived 3x longer than the average Minion. He served another Overlord before he got axed, and joined Jack in order to "go out with a bang" so to speak. His goal is to help the Everfrost Crystal in its goals and trigger a fun apocalypse.
    C: Minion Generals (The Terrible Generals)
    1. Brown
    Role: General

Equipment: Heavy Fur Armor, Claymore.

Traits:

Bio: One of the Four Terrible Generals, Mark is the butcher of the group. A powerful fighter, he can be seen on the front lines and has a very long survival streak, making him impressive in minion terms.
    2. Red

Equipment: Fur Armor, though not gloves to prevent it from catching on fire.

Traits:

Bio: Brand is an unusual minion. Apparently he got a copy of Fire and Ice, and since then has become obsessed with either burning the world or freezing it solid. He's more than a little axe crazy, but is a good archer nonetheless.
    3. Green

Equipment: Poison Dagger, whatever else happens to be on hand.

Traits:

Bio: A sneaky fellow, Nyx seldom says anything. He's a feared assassin though, having one Guardian kill on his resume even!
    4. Blue

Equipment: Spell Tome, Fur Armor, and a Healing Totem

Traits:

Bio: A flamboyant minion, Extravious is the main minion that does strategic planning for the army. Mark's too busy on the front lines, Brand's insane, and Nyx just goes off into nowhere before coming back with some enemy head or other. He is a rather arrogant individual, and isn't much use in a fight, but he does have the most commanding experience out of all the Captains.
    D: Troll Grand Warrior
    Role: Champion Troll Warrior

Equipment: Warhammer the size of an 8 year old child.

Traits:

Bio: The most powerful warrior of the frost trolls, Numekos inspires terror anytime he is seen on the battlefield. His beserker rages are fearsome even among trolls, and his impressive regeneration rate makes the low defense almost meaningless. He currently has a kill count of 1000 humans, 300 dwarves, 2 giants, and 1 house fly.

Armies: (Total: 14170)
    5000 Brown Minions (5000)
    1000 Red Minions (4000)
    1000 Human Archers (2000)
    500 Green Minions (750)
    200 Blue Minions (1000)
    200 Human Fanatics (40)
    100 Salamanders (600)
    65 War Frost Trolls (780)

Left Over: 5 GP

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Ceregor White-Eyes
    Appearance: Ceregor is a tall human with a lanky build. He is dark of hair and features, his eyes are green, and he is not what most would call attractive. His features are sharp and angular, and a pair of severe eyebrows add to the effect to give him a perpetual look of judgment and disapproval. He is in his late thirties and already has some deep lines on his face, which add a touch of sternness to the mix.

Bio: Ceregor was raised as much by the local church as by his parents. This was largely due to the fact that both his mother and father were members of the clergy. They were both dedicated to the god Oronthil, called the Protector, who was said to have two aspects: the peaceful, nurturing father, and the angry, indomitable warrior. The warrior faith was fading by the time Ceregor was born, and he was raised in the ways of peace.

That changed somewhat when his peaceful homeland was attacked by forces of evil. The mountain village he lived in, Balneen, was largely spared, but knowing that harm was befalling others did not sit well with Ceregor. He had a keen sense of justice from a young age, and so he felt at this point that he could not just stand back and let evil win. Ceregor roused a group of like-minded fellows from the village and set off to fight the grand evil that, as they saw it, was poised to cast their land under an eternal shadow of death and destruction. The attacks turned out to be nothing more than the work of a group of particularly vicious human bandits, which was anti-climactic but probably for the best in the long run, since the band of righteous warriors (teenage boys with sticks and farming implements) probably wouldn't have fared well against demons and the like.

Humble though his first brush with evil was, Ceregor found himself quite pleased with his work and decided that he had found his calling. He worked to rebuild the warrior sect of the faith of Oronthil and largely failed in his youth, though he managed to catch the attention of the paladin order that was the last holdout of what had once been a robust holy army in days of yore. He had more luck with gathering other young men with eyes for adventure and dreams of heroism. After clearing away what scraps of evil he could find in the near vicinity of his homeland, Ceregor, then 18 years old, decided to go abroad to fight evil elsewhere.

He learned a lot in his travels, not the least of which was the arts of magic, particularly the summoning of angels and the manipulation of both water and fire. Ceregor never spoke much of his experiences abroad, and most of those who had gone with him did not come back alive. When he returned to the Falthos Highlands, ten years after his departure, he was an accomplished magic user and was no longer the earnest and serious young man he had been; the boy had been replaced by a stern and severe man who brooked no nonsense and was positively zealous in his crusade against evils great and small. Many whispered that he had been touched by the god Oronthil himself, made into the human avatar of his warrior aspect, and his glowing eyes that could read a sinner's soul seemed to the common people to reinforce that idea. Some whispered that this couldn't be true, since he had not even shed a tear upon learning that his parents had passed away due to illness in his absence and even the warrior side of the god would not be so cold-hearted, but few were fool enough to say such openly.

Whatever the truth of the matter, Ceregor set himself up in his homeland as a Guardian. A new temple, named Oronthil's Heart, was raised in the mountains, a far grander building than had ever before been seen in the area, unless rumors of the past splendors of the ruins and abandoned strongholds found in the land were to believed. With his new reputation as a feared enemy of all things evil, Ceregor was able to win the allegiance of not just the Paladins of Oronthil, but also the varied human settlements in the Falthos Highlands, the Eledhel of the forests, and even the Ogier of the mountains. Together they have worked to protect the land and bring it prosperity in recent years, but they do not rest easy in their successes and wealth, remaining vigilant to the threats of the forces of evil lurking in shadows around the world.

Preferred Equipment: Battle Robe (heavy wool with strips of Damascus Steel for some protection), plain white wooden staff, simple Damascus Steel dagger, unremarkable normal clothes otherwise.
  • Gold Available

Standard
    Physical
    [1]
    Magic
    [10]
    Command
    [6]
    Wealth
    [7]
    Influence
    [2]
    Dedication
    [4]
    Wing'ed Smite Evil Wise Tactician Leather
    Overseas
    Hero
    Dreaded by Evil
      Tunnel of Travel Each Has a Place Iron Scholar Incorruptible
      Holy Aura Eledhel Steel   Ingenious
      Summon Angels Paladin Damascus Steel   Karma Coordinator
      Summon Archangels Unicorn Small Lands    
      Summon Seraphim Ogier Normal Lands    
      Banish Undead   Big Lands    
      Confuse and Confound        
      Fire Magic        
      Water Magic        

Special
    Blessed Gaze: Ceregor's eyes have been blessed by the gods to aid him in seeking out and destroying evil. He can look at any sentient living thing and know their sins in full; when he does this, Ceregor's eyes glow with a bright white light for a few seconds and the target knows that he has peered into their soul and found any darkness lurking within. This is a fairly draining ability, such that doing it once will take him from his peak of energy to feeling tired, and doing it twice in a short time will fully exhaust him to the point that he will barely be able to remain standing. As this toll is physical in nature, Ceregor simply requires rest (preferably a good night's sleep) and food to recover his energy.

Fervor of the Shining Realm: As a staunch opponent of all that is evil and unholy, Ceregor has earned the respect and favor of the warrior angels he calls on to aid him in battle. He has called upon them frequently and let them loose to destroy the forces of evil wherever he encounters them. Due to all this experience, Ceregor can summon them more easily than other Guardians (less draining for him to summon them) and his summoned angels are very familiar with battling alongside his army and fighting in formations (bonus to combat skill when working in tandem with mortal units).
  • The Falthos Highlands
    Land Types: Mountainous and Forest

Nothos - Coastal Walled City (Mountainous)
    Portas - Town (Forest)
    Corolia - Town (Forest)
    Shangtai - Ogier Village (Mountainous)
    Nilthalas - Eledhel Village (Forest)
    Balneen - Human Village (Mountainous)
    Oronthil's Hollow - Human Village (Forest)
    Great Mines
    9 Advanced Farms
    3 Foresters
    2 Trappers
    1 Logging Camp
    2 Druidic Stone Circles (Forest)
    Paved Roads
    2 Abandoned Stronghold
    2 Ruins (1 Forest, 1 Mountainous)

Oronthil's Heart
    Located in the mountainous region
    Pristine quality Sanctum Sanctorum
    3 Expanded Barracks
    Purification Rooms
    Library
    Prison
    1 Well
    1 Meat Store
    Siege Engines
    Advanced Siege Engines
    Holy Moat
    Holy Summoning Chamber
    1 Armoury
    Large Smithy
  • Army Commanders

• Second in command of the army. Commander of Paladins and human knights and cavalry. Sejuli is easily the most highly respected member of Ceregor's army, minus White-Eyes himself. He is the Lord Commander of the Paladins of Oronthil, their leader for the past twenty years, an accomplished fighter both on horse (or, as it so happens, unicorn) and on foot, and he is the ranking officer in the army. Sejuli is fierce in the pursuit of evil, compassionate to the weak and helpless, a friend to all in need, and a paragon of virtue in all respects.

Traits
      • Magic - SMITE EVIL!
      • Leader 1
      • Tactician 1
    • Commander of human foot soldiers. Boros is a seemingly ill fit for the rather devout army, being a man devoted to his sins. In his own words, he drinks just like he fucks: hard and often. Nonetheless, he has a knack for commanding soldiers and understanding how all the moving parts of a battle fit together. His skill with his greatsword also tends to impress people, and he's a terror on the battlefield. Aside from his two prominent vices, Boros is a man with a good heart, never one to even think of raping or plundering in the wake of a battle, and that is far more than can be said of most men.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 2
      • Iron Stomach: Perhaps it's been all the drinking he has done, but Boros can drink as much as he wants and barely get any ill effects from drinking. More resistance to poisons is just a side bonus, but he accidentally downed a small vial of poison once and, in his words, it tasted "funny but not a bad funny."
    • Commander of human archers, crossbowmen, and horse archers. Kara is perhaps the most skilled human woman from the Falthos Highlands to ever bend a bow, though she'd make quite larger claims, such as being the greatest archer in the world there ever was or will be. Braggart though she is, she is quite beloved of the soldiers (by those romantically inclined toward women for her looks, and by everyone for her amiable personality) and has a knack for befriending anyone and everyone she comes in contact with. She has become fast friends with Aeneth Heredrenil of the Eledhel, and the two are rarely seen apart.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 1
      • Survivor
      • Beautiful
    • Commander of Eledhel foot soldiers. Most assume Eledhel are calm and distant beings, typically with an air of graceful superiority about them; this generalization is actually quite accurate of the Eledhel in the Falthos Highlands. However, there are always exceptions to the rule. Only one of those three descriptors apply to Aeneth, and arrogance would be the best way to describe her superiority complex. She is hot-headed and emotional, which tends to show in battle as she cuts through foes with her two swords whilst making enough noise with battle cries and laughter that it's a wonder the dead left behind her can actually rest with all that racket, and she can often be seen yelling at ranks of Eledhel soldiers that stand watching her with calm faces. Yell and scream though she does, and frequently, Aeneth is actually a fairly pleasant person if one can tolerate or get past her abrasive nature. One such who has done so is the human archer commander, Kara Sorlis, and the pair are almost always seen in each other's company.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 2
      • Armour Expert
      • Flurry of Blades: If Aeneth gets her momentum going she can carve a literal path through a army of foes, killing any in her path. This has a profound effect, because not many mortal soldiers like to see a fury of destruction killing their fellow soldiers like that. The downside is that Aeneth can leave behind her own troops at times and cut herself off from reinforcements.
    • Commander of Eledhel cavalry. Though she commands few soldiers, she was recently granted a promotion into the command circle for bravery, valor, and tactical skill after leading her band of fifty Eledhel cavalry against a force of some five hundred orc and trolloc raiders bearing down on the town of Corolia after one of her scouts spotted the force. At the time the town was not directly under the protection of Ceregor White-Eyes, but after Rawel Iarel devastated the raiders with a surprise attack just before they could launch their own, the town was rather grateful and was quite happy to throw their lot in with their altruistic saviors. Rawel is fiercely proud of her cavalry and is very competitive with Sejuli and his Paladins.

Traits
      • Tactician 1
      • Weapon Mastery 2
    • Third in command of the army. Does not command any units directly, though all Ogier will defer to him in nearly everything. Laerent is something of a living legend among the Ogier of the Falthos Highlands, and the legends have made their way to other races and impressed them as well. Laerent set out from the village Shangtai in his youth and traveled far and wide by his lonesome, fighting with his massive axe that looks like the primal ancestor of lesser axes used round the world to chop firewood and upholding a general sense of goodness wherever he went. His experiences were somewhat parallel to Ceregor White-Eye's own adventures, though they took quite different routes, and the two became friends quite quickly on meeting. It was Laerent's declaration of allegiance with the Guardian that led the other Ogier of his village to join with the human.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 2
      • Leader 2
      • Respected Elder: Laerent's exploits have indeed reached far and wide and when dealing with internal squabbles in the Falthos Highlands he is a voice of reason everyone respects and listens to, able to uplift people's moods with just a few calm words of wisdom.

• Commander of Ogier Longbellows. Julom is a serious and reserved Ogier, which is quite natural for those of his advanced age. He is the only Ogier in the army with much in the way of experience in leading his people in battle, having in his own rash (for Ogier, at least) youth traveled a handful of miles to the city of Nothos and joined the city watch, eventually rising in the ranks to the point where most thought he would succeed the elderly human leading the guards. That did not come to pass, as he developed a longing for home and left the city and its watch behind. He is not much of a leader on the charisma front, but he has a sound mind for tactics and logistics, so he was an obvious candidate to lead the Ogier Longbellows.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 1
      • Tactician 2
      • Survivor
      • Selfless Example: Julom may believe he does not have much charisma in leading people, but it is by what he does that makes people wish to follow him, such as moving down a train caravan despite his rank and pushing a cart out of the mud it had been stuck in, being in the middle of combat with his troops and fighting side by side, and pulling wounded warriors back out of harms way while he remains despite his wounds.
    • Commander of Ogier Gardeners and human siege engineers. Courdan is young as far as Ogier reckon age, but his surpassing cleverness was enough to earn him his position of leadership over the Ogier Gardeners. Though his kind are a generally reclusive lot, not given to frequent interaction with other races, Courdan took the human engineers under his wing like a kindly uncle (which is how he acts with everyone not of his own race), teaching them bits of the Ogier way of doing things and learning from their human ingenuity in kind. Soon enough the humans requested that they be joined into a single unit with the Gardeners under Courdan's leadership, and the Ogier was promoted into the general leadership of the army by Laerent's suggestion.

Traits
      • Weapon Mastery 1
      • Leader 2
      • Siege Engineer
      • Eye of the Eagle
    [tabs][/tabs]
  • Summoned Units
    200 Angels
    50 Archangels
    5 Seraphim

Regular Units
    30 Units Human Swordsmen (300)
    30 Units Human Axemen (300)
    30 Units Human Polearm Infantry (300)
    30 Units Human Spearmen (300)
    30 Units Human Pikemen (300)
    50 Units Human Archers (500)
    20 Units Human Crossbowmen (200)
    90 Units Human Knights (90)
    20 Units Human Cavalry (200)
    10 Units Human Horse Archers (100)
    5 Units Human Siege Engineers (100)
    20 Units Eledhel Keen Swordsmen (200)
    10 Units Eledhel Swordsmen (100)
    10 Units Eledhel Spearmen (100)
    10 Units Eledhel Pikemen (100)
    5 Units Eledhel Cavalry (50)
    20 Units Paladins with Unicorns (200)
    15 Units Paladins (150)
    3 Units Ogier Gardeners (30)
    10 Units Ogier Longbellows (100)

Totals and Costs
    8 Commanders
    2690 Humans
    550 Eledhel
    350 Paladins
    130 Ogier

3720 mortal fighters
    450 angels

Last edited:
GM-Lackey reporting for duty, yessir.

Happy to look over any finished sheets and as a reminder for people. We will roll for some traits for any captains taken. How these traits are selected depends on the traits/character type of the Guardian or Overlord, their image and their given Bio by the players.

As a extra note, it is possibly they might get a magic related trait, but it will be a rare chance/low odds on the dice.

Dun buns cant be undun

Name: Asmodeus
Appearance:
OOwzdfm.jpg

Bio:She had tried. She truly did. Trying day by day, to live the mundane peaceful life of a farmer, and occasionally hunter during the winter. From the first day of her childhood when her horns broke flesh upon her forehead, she was shunned, despised, though not being ostracized outright. There were rarely people buying anything that carries her name, and most of those were shifty types who had to avoid the more.... reputable traders.

When she sprouted wings on her 20th spring, everything turned for the worst, though she still retained her beauty, if one looks past the small pair of horn on her forehead, and the bony spiky draconian wings she could sprout at will from her back. The injustice and discrimination towards her grew so much, she was driven from her home by the excuse of not paying the king's taxes, forced to live in squallor, until she was imprisoned for defending herself from a lusty nobleman, and then paraded on the street for public humiliation.

It was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Suppressed rage and hatred well up from within her being, and the first gout of flame burned a whole swathe of townsfolk in front of her. The second broke her bindings, and the third was for the King days later after she escaped, the so called Paragon of Order and Justice. Infiltrating the castle was no mean feat, but through virtue of having wings to flit about on, and her own very durable skin, she broke through to the throne room. The King had said he knew nothing of her suffering, and that he had not known that such discrimination had existed in his peaceful kingdom, and maintained that he had nothing to do with the people who had ordered them to treat her so. So she had burned him, burnt him to ashes, until his golden crown was but a golden puddle in the midst of ashes. And so she ran, escaping the clutches of his heirs eager to bring her to justice and fortify their own claim to the throne.

She had escaped only due to her stumbling into a twisted hellscape in the midst of the jungle, finding a large crumbling structure inside. Entering the ruins in hopes that they will abandon their pursuit in the face of this strange and warped place. What she found inside wasn't just some rubble and corpses of ages past, but a library, with books that was still perfectly ledgible, though there was one book upon a pedestal that was the most intriguing. Opening the first page, the words 'The gods are never appeased.' were printed in large bold letters. Wondering what on earth those mean, she flipped the pages, reading through the book of the Ordo Noctis.

On that day, she named herself Asmodeus, throwing away her old name, vowing to never again be that weak. Summoning daemons to her side, and recruiting people to her cause, she overthrew the Paragon's kingdom and established her own, making her own great castle upon the ruins of the twisted hellscape she had wandered in through.

Order through Might, Justice through Fear.

May the gods take pity upon those who break laws in her country, for she will not.

Preferred Equipment:Any weapons she deigns to use at the moment, living armor for the flexibility it offers, plus anything else she might think to bring.

Stats:
Physical: 6
Magic: 4
Command:4
Wealth:6
Influence:3
Dedication:7

Traits:
Physical: 6

Weapon Mastery 2
Great Wings 1
Daemonbreed 1
Dragonheart 1
Ironskin 1

Magic: 4
Air Magic 1
Summon Efreeti Imps 1
Summon Incubi/Succubi 1
Summon Daemonic Infantry 1

Command: 4
Drums of War 1
Telepathic Command 1
Moredhel 1
Orcs 1

Wealth: 6
Furs 1
Goblin Iron 1
Orc Steel 1
Small Lands 1
Normal Lands 1
Gold Mine 1

Influence: 3
Water Rats 1
Disenchanted Priests 1
Dark Loremasters 1

Dedication: 7
Spirited Leadership 1
Infernal Ambitions 1
You can't kill the Messiah 1
Wave of Despair 1
Implacable Will 1
Shield of Hate 1
Doubtless Loyalty 1

Special:

One who commands: She takes telepathic command to another level entirely, being able to see, hear, taste, feel and smell though whichever of her minion/troop's mind she grips, as well as giving them commands. If she exerts a little more power, she could manifest in the minion's/troop's body, transforming them into her own shape which could exert a fraction of her powers, while she stays safe in her lair. They will return to normal as soon as she loosens her grip or leaves them. This also has the very glaring effect of making anyone she uses this ability on to have fiercely glowing eyes.

Living Armor Creation: This allows the creation of a chimera that resembles a mass of metal(which would be the type of metal infused during creation) that would engage in a symbiotic relationship with whoever is willing to don it. The wearer is able to transform and change the amorphous creature into any shape s/he wishes, from full plate armor to chainmail. The creature will provide protection by hardening at the point of physical trauma, or hardening at the wearer's will. In return the creature will consume magical energy from the wearer every now and then, or if the wearer's magical potential is too low, the wearer's blood, to live. However, most would be willing to bear that in exchange for armor that never rusts, flexible and will never need for repair as long as the creature has mana/blood to repair any damage to itself.

However to manufacture one is a long and tedious process.

Lands:Normal Lands - 600 LP - 800 LIP
500 used. 300 transfered to lair 0 left
Swamp
Forest

2xvillages 40
Drakkird
Foghimm

1xtown 40
Vilkelhimm

3xadvanced farms 90

20xsmall mines 200

9xforesters 90

1xlogging camps 20

Dirt roads 10

Cobblebone Road 10

Lair
Hell Rift Fort - 300 + 200 Brand spanking new. Comes with free corpses and bones for the aspiring Overlords to get a head start on decoration.
500 used, 400 plus transferred things left, 0 points left after lair upgrades

Expanded Barracksx2 50
Torture Chambers 25
Library 25
Dungeon 25
Wells 50
Meat Stores 75
Escape Tunnel 25
Armoury 25
Large Smithy 50
Treasure Vault 50

10000 + 3600 Gilda
325 used for CM, 13250 used for armies, 25 left

Command Minions/Allies: (Command Minions/Allies may be named, given small bio's and roles in your forces etc. They're effectively your subordinates and may be given any order you wish that they'll obey ... almost... without question.)

Knight of Spades - Human 50
Name: Eltea Grenea nu Vilkelhimm
Pictures:
jDg3LFw.png

Brief Bio: A Spellsword hailing from the town of Vilkelhimm, she believes sincerely in the Overlord's goal, and had proven her strengths by defeating the last Knight of Spades in a duel. Her intelligence is her main weapon in battle, and she is favoured verily by the Overlord.
Traits: Air Magic, Weapons Expert 2

Knight of Hearts - Orc 75
Name: Orthir "Black Axe" Svenvild
Picture:
cHr7B3X.jpg

Brief Bio: The former Knight of Spades who tore out the last Knight of Hearts' heart to regain some of his honor back. Feared for his mastery of the axe and perception in battle. Surprisingly agile in heavy armor for an orc.
Traits: Weapons Expert 1, Berserker Rage 1, Night-Sight

Knight of Clubs - Moredhel 100
Name: Ianur Thearinea
Pictures:
GEA5T4G.jpg

Brief Bio: An archer who had proven his worth again and again, and gained the title through succession of the last Knight of Clubs, who was famed for being able to shoot a whole quiver's worth of arrows accurately and quickly in just a few moments.
Traits: Weapons Expert 2
Arrow Expert: Ianur has been a archer for some time and knows you need to right arrow for the right task. His quiver is not filled with a singular type of arrow but with various types. Some regular 'hunting' arrows, other with barbed hooks and ragged edged to be difficult to remove once they pierce flesh. Others designed to penetrate the weakest areas of someones or somethings armour.

Knight of Diamonds - Moredhel 100
Name: Ueniee Nimurn
Pictures:
sIQozI5.jpg

Brief Bio: Light and quick, the sword and shield are her favored weapons. She lacks ambition, or any sort of feeling for that part, but her skills in battle are undeniable. Her skills in the torture chambers however, are phenomenal.
Traits: Weapons Expert 2
Torturer Extraordinaire: Give her some alone time with a prisoner and a few dedicated hours and screams later she will have the prisoner either dead or blabbing all his little secrets from the time he was a infant.

Armies:
1000 units Orc Infantry 1500
1000 units Orc Pointy Stick Infantry 1500
1000 units Orc Crossbowmen 2500
500 units Orc Waaaaggh riders 2000
500 units Moredhel warriors 1000
500 units Moredhel repeater crossbowmen 3000
700 units Moredhel engineers 1750
160 units Flying MonkeysEfreeti Imps
8 units of Incubi and Succubi
80 units Daemonic Infantry

Last edited by a moderator:
Kad, how does your Goblin Overlord have 6 Command and 8 Wealth? I thought they were opposites and you could only apply 11 points between the two of them.

I suppose I might just be misreading the rules, but only other ways I see that working is via GM fiat or some special trait.

Kad, how does your Goblin Overlord have 6 Command and 8 Wealth? I thought they were opposites and you could only apply 11 points between the two of them.

I suppose I might just be misreading the rules, but only other ways I see that working is via GM fiat or some special trait.

you are. The 10-1, 9-2 split only applies to the top ends. 8-8 is a very possible mix of stats. The risk/reward being you spend over half your points in one area.

Status
Not open for further replies.