Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume this isn't full and will work on an Overlord... Give me two days.

• Name: Macaria Aysel
    Preferred Equipment: Leather armor, including bracers and gloves, as well as concealed daggers and vials of poison. She has a fondness for ornamental hoods and jeweled headresses.
    Treasury: 2275 Gold remaining

Macaria doesn’t know the meaning of the word contentment, and from youth, the fire in her belly was evident simply from the heat her breath carried as she delivered impassioned speeches to her childhood cohorts. Her intensity in public stood in stark opposition to her aloof private dealings, wherein she would keep everyone at a fair distance, always seeming to have something on her mind when she got a moment to herself. She was never much of a troublemaker, but her prowess in the arcane arts set many villagers on edge, especially since the only other sorcerer that many of them had ever known was the courtier-reject Nioch Cauvas, a surly sulk of a man with ill-intent enough to fill the surrounding swamp. Many caught on that she was capable of breathing fire, something she tried to keep as close to a secret as possible, and those with that knowledge began to call her a daughter of hell.

When her mother succumbed to an illness that was sweeping the bogs around the time of Macaria’s thirteenth birthday, the young girl began to stay with her friends’ families until the mysterious Nioch offered to teach her the ways of magic. Although she was already fairly adept, she learned the technique for water magic from him, and her elemental prowess grew, allowing her to manipulate multiple elements at once. She learned the true strength of these abilities when she summoned a storm as an arrogant show for her closest friend, Solliah. The tempest, once released, could not be reigned in, and the village paid dearly for her show of force.

In the altercation that followed, Macaria took a debilitating blow to her eye, leaving her close to visionless in her left eye. Solliah speared the attacker and led the young woman out of the village, where Nioch was waiting with a plan. Her newly gained reputation as a village-razer would serve her well in the courts, where Nioch had bartered to find her a stable position. He taught her how to gain political power and trade courtesies with the aristocracy and while she proved efficient with her ability to persuade and play the highly-regulated game, she found she much preferred to manipulate situations to her favor with a show of force or well-placed threat.

Despite building a name for herself thanks to her magical power, Solliah’s ever-ready spear, and Nioch’s faithful contacts, it wasn’t long before the life of a court dog began to grow pale for her. After covertly setting up an alliance with a powerful noble for backup, she seized control of the mountainous city of Orilon, setting it up as a ceremonial seat for her power. From there, she spent years recruiting for her army and conquering neighboring towns and villages, expanding her reach to the swamp at the base of the towering crag where she grew up. Her underground lair, rumored to be located somewhere outside of Orilon, became something of a hideaway, as her presence is most strongly felt in the foreboding tower she repaired in the heart of the marshlands. Her desires change with the wind. One moment, she hopes to expand her territory. Other times, her sole goal is ruining a rival and grinding his holdings into a fine dust. She delights in exerting her control over the denizens residing in the towns and villages under her command, but she is driven by an inextinguishable internal flame and cannot be bothered to stay in one place for long. She feels the constant desire to seize power in whatever area she feels she is lacking.

Specials:

In the Name of Hell

Daughter of Hell. That was what they'd call her in Fierte when they were sure she wasn't listening. It meant nothing to her as a child, but when she grew up and honed her magic powers, she noticed just how in tune she was with the element of fire, producing strong and particularly hot flames, and the ease with which she could summon a number of Efreeti Imps. The name became something of a title, and the local lords were not so careful about hiding that this was what they called her, even addressing her by the moniker to her face from time to time. However, she began to embrace it, despite not having an ounce of inhuman blood in her veins. The Daughter of Hell is a guise she wears in public, and it is has left an impression on the public. The religious citizens all fear and revile her, and perhaps even hold a religious vendetta against her with the intensity they would if she actually had horns and bat wings. As a result, a small number of zealots flock to her army, but she finds them to be harder to control than if she had come by them naturally. (ie: 50 zealots for the price of 35 Gold each rather than 100 zealots for 10 Gold, if feasible)

Chattering Embers

Macaria discovered a curious magic trick several years ago wherein she can burn up a note in an especially enchanted flame and then send its embers out on a quick breeze where the intended recipient can reconstruct the message with a wave of his hand. It is much faster than a bird or horse in terms of delivering messages but clearly is not useful in the heat of battle. However, Macaria has enough sedentary allies and trusts her commanders to be in position before a fight so that she gets some use out of the conventional application of this ability. However, she has also found that by burning up a written spell, she can plant it on the battlefield in the midst of enemies and a falling enemy's waving arm could let loose a debilitating blast in a crowd of enemy soldiers.

Physical Magic Command Wealth Influence Dedication
    Dragonheart Fire Magic Moredhel Furs Local Lord's Favor Doubtless Loyalty
      Air Magic Harpies Small Lands Servants of the Mighty Stare of Fate
      Earth Magic Drums of War Normal Lands Public Executions Visionary
      Water Magic   Big Lands Recruiters  
      Elemental Magic   Assassins Information Brokers  
      Meteor     Tranquil Lands  
      Shivering Whisper     Sneaktheif  
      Something in the Dark     Rule 92  
      Summon Efreeti Imps        
      Summon Succubi/Incubi        

• Primary Lands: Mountains
    Secondary Lands: Swamp

Swamp

Seretasis Tower
    (Excellent) Black Tower
    Expanded Barracks x3
    Torture Chambers
    Library
    Well
    Meat Store
    Siege Engines
    Moat (Crocodiles)

Town of Lobrea
    • Dirt Roads
    • Cobblebone Roads
    Town of Orgeluse
    • Dirt Roads
    • Cobblebone Roads
    Advanced Farm x2
    Vasmire, Moredhel Village
    Altum, Moredhel Village
    Fierte, Human Village

Farms x3
    Ruins
    Trappers x5
    Poison Farms x2

Mountains

The Bellows
    (Good) Underworld
    Harem
    Library
    Wells x2
    Meat Stores x2

City of Orilon
    • Dirt Roads
    • Cobblebone Roads
    Farms x10
    Town of Caelgrad
    • Dirt Roads
    Magnorum, The Great Mines
    Village of Nochtburre

Farms x3
    Sacrificial Site

• tumblr_na2a8xzxcm1r2344uo1_1280.jpg

Solliah has known Macaria since they were children and has been loyal to her for years. She is a gifted warrior, preferring the relative range and control that spears and polearms provide. She is serious and refuses to take things lightly, much to the chagrin of most of those around her. While she will follow commands, she much prefers to fight nearby Macaria to keep an eye on her. After all these years, she doesn’t quite trust that pride won’t get the better of the blonde and leave her vulnerable to attack. The hunting skills her father passed on to her make her both efficient and deadly, but also incredibly good at covering up tracks and making quick escapes.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 2
      Survivor
    • pic1677411.jpg

A cunning gentleman who once aspired to rise in favor among the local lords so he could ascend the poverty of his birth. After he failed in the courts due to the fickle and inherent distrust of the seated lords, Nioch settled down to hone his magic talents in the swamps. He took an interest in Macaria when he noticed that her elemental magic was strong, but was also fascinated by the fact that she could summon. It was his remaining contacts and long reach that got her where she is today, but many cannot help but wonder if he is jealous of her successes where he has failed in the past.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Compelling Voice
      Scholar 1
    • tumblr_mneebppkz81rdy3s5o1_500.jpg

The first rule in this thief’s life, obvious though it may seem, is to never get caught. She is aloof and prefers not to be tied down by obligations, but Macaria’s ambition and lust for power drew her attention. She agreed to lend a hand in the sorceress’s army, but still takes opportunities to plunder ruins and track down carriages to rob when the army is experiencing a bit of a lull. Her stealth makes her an invaluable assassin, but she has also proven herself to be surprisingly shrewd when asked to lead a charge.

Traits:
      Assassin 1
      Dirty Trickster
      Leader 1
    • 162888_117934651605740_100001676162291_129430_5603152_n.jpg

Gyvan is a renowned shot and quick-tongued, with his verbal barbs almost as deadly as his poison-tipped arrows. He doesn’t see himself as much of a commander, but his rough and honest style endears him to the small group he has been placed in charge of. He does a fair job of showing no bias towards his own kind when commanding, but if he is ever asked to assemble a select team for a specialized mission, he will almost always populate its ranks with fellow Moredhel.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 2
      Survivor
    • tumblr_mnyi42Kyx61rg14k0o1_1280.jpg

She is referred to by many as the Devil’s Luck. Alshance is a formidable caster and creator of hexes and her signature technique includes cursing her blade to provide an edge in singular combat. She will break or bend any rule, manmade or natural, to ensure a victory.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Curse Magic
      Cursed Blade, infusing her blade with curse magic she created a unique blade of her own. Only needing to draw blood to have the blade take effect. Those struck by it can have a myriad of effects like feeling their body wither and weaken, or hallucinations, the skin decaying and becoming corrupt. (Against npc individuals up to you how it affects them, but it will only affect someone cut with it, no cutting someone who turns into a walking bomb and harms a bunch of others. VS player characters a gm will roll to determine what the effect will be)
    • 7044840cb33cbe24.jpg

Once an esteemed captain of Orilon, Iactor pledged fealty to Macaria as she began her coup of the mountain city. While her army was strong, especially with the bolster of her borrowed troops, Iactor’s expertise ensured that minimal blood was spilled on her side. His knowledge of the city’s infrastructure aided the operation, and the man has a head for formulating tactics quickly, even during the heat of battle. He proudly serves as the Captain of the Black Knights in Macaria’s army and delivers speeches that keep the legion of restless knights on the charge during their long campaigns.

Traits:
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Armour Expert
      Tactician 1
    • tumblr_miyqtgnJ8H1rdy3s5o1_500.jpg

Brilliant and cold, Avaritia is the cruel face that the public fears. Macaria sought her out specifically for her greatest talent: her torture techniques. Whether it’s prying information out of a stubborn spy, or ensuring that a particularly annoying foe understands the extent of his transgression before death, this Moredhel has a tool for the job, and it is usually one of her own design. Rumors circle in the towns and villages under Macaria’s thumb that Avaritia is behind any and every local disappearance, using commonfolk as experiments for her newest techniques.

Traits:
      Dirty Trickster
      Weapon Mastery 1
      Torturer Extraordinaire, her experiments with torture clearly yield results as all she needs is some time alone with a individual unwilling to speak and lo and behold they will sing to the heavens what the secrets they keep might be, though the singing would sound like a lot of screaming, whimpering and begging for mercy at irregular intervals.
    • complete_harpy_also_bra_by_QuyZone.jpg

This harpy owes Macaria a great debt, as the sorceress killed a pack of goblins who were hoping to tear her limb from limb for picking up some sensitive information that they were guarding. Thaumalta specializes in gathering information, but also leads a group of vicious harpies who excel in the art of sabotage.

Traits:
      Martial Artist 1
      Leader 2
      Ironskin

• Summons:

360 Fire Imps
    20 Pairs of Succubi and Incubi

Troops:

Human

600 Black Knights
    800 Swordsmen
    500 Polearm Infantry
    350 Archers
    250 Crossbowmen
    300 Dark Calvary

Moredhel

400 Warriors
    150 Repeater Crossbowmen
    80 Seige Engineers

Harpy

150 Hunters
    100 Raiders

Last edited:
I thought Herzinth's character was intimidating, but I am glad mine is a continent away from Kalahadrad...

I thought Herzinth's character was intimidating, but I am glad mine is a continent away from Kalahadrad...
Wow. Insulted.

Also, I got the PM and have been brainstorming.

Alright, take your time. This is my first Kad RP and I'm not too familiar with how they operate and flow yet.
Neither am I.

And now that I'm actually reading Kad's post... That is definitely some Evil going on in there.

I want to meet the Black King for a cup of tea. I am more scared of the badger guy Brovo. I just have that feeling.

Or is that a ferret?

Petition for a new rule: Every time Meteor is used the caster must yell; "Behold the meatball!"

I just realized that 160 sq km is not a great deal of land, it's only a little bigger than the Denver International Airport. Is this just the area around our sanctuary or are all of our land upgrades in this area?

(While I'm asking questions) You can teleport back to the lair/sanctuary portal from roughly anywhere, but how many people can be carried with you (if any) and where can you go from the lair/sanctuary portal?

Do not pursue the white whale. Do not follow in the captain's folly.

Kad holy shit. Your post is long as hell. I didn't even have one half the size of it.
lol, thanx. I had that post planned beforehand I admit :p

Here's a new unique to replace the overpowered one. Hopefully this is acceptable. Already edited it into my sheet, so if it's alright then my sheet is totally finalized.
Fervor of the Shining Realm: As a staunch opponent of all that is evil and unholy, Ceregor has earned the respect and favor of the warrior angels he calls on to aid him in battle. He has called upon them frequently and let them loose to destroy the forces of evil wherever he encounters them. Due to all this experience, Ceregor can summon them more easily than other Guardians (less draining for him to summon them) and his summoned angels are very familiar with battling alongside his army and fighting in formations (bonus to combat skill when working in tandem with mortal units).
Also, for map placement and nemesis stuff, before I lost internet at my house Tempest brought up the idea of her daemon queen being Ceregor's nemesis. Dunno if that's still gonna be a thing or not after almost a week of no communication. I'll let Tempest have final say on it, because I'm cool with it going either way. If it's still a thing, then placement will have to wait until her Overlord is done I suppose. If not, I'll just forgo having a nemesis and you can place me wherever.
And finally, whenever the above is sorted out, I'll take a random event to start me off as well.
New special is accepted mate.

I'll wait on Tempest's response about that before placement and do the random event then :p

Petition for a new rule: Every time Meteor is used the caster must yell; "Behold the meatball!"
I was hoping to get away with just yelling "Meteo" and silently cursing the stringent character limit.

I was hoping to get away with just yelling "Meteo" and silently cursing the stringent character limit.
I loved that spell. Until it killed my fave character with its 99sp requirement. ;_;

I just realized that 160 sq km is not a great deal of land, it's only a little bigger than the Denver International Airport. Is this just the area around our sanctuary or are all of our land upgrades in this area?
(While I'm asking questions) You can teleport back to the lair/sanctuary portal from roughly anywhere, but how many people can be carried with you (if any) and where can you go from the lair/sanctuary portal?
A: Sorry if I missed anyone else who needed a reply. But.

B: 160 kilometres per edge (Assuming a square territory) chalk it down to an old marking method of mine. And it contains all land upgrades in that area yes.
C: No more than 20 human sized people. (A smaller race like Goblin = .5 human sized, a larger like Troll or Ogre = 2 human sized, for some weird reason mounts don't effect it so long as a person is riding it.)

So it'd actually be 25,600 sq km? Nice.

B: 160 kilometres per edge (Assuming a square territory) chalk it down to an old marking method of mine. And it contains all land upgrades in that area yes.
C: No more than 20 human sized people. (A smaller race like Goblin = .5 human sized, a larger like Troll or Ogre = 2 human sized, for some weird reason mounts don't effect it so long as a person is riding it.)
Thank's, that's pretty much everything, but C had two parts (unless you want to call the rest D). I assume there are places that you can teleport to from your lair portal, but what determines those places?

So it'd actually be 25,600 sq km? Nice.

Quite a bit more than I expected, yes.

Thank's, that's pretty much everything, but C had two parts (unless you want to call the rest D). I assume there are places that you can teleport to from your lair portal, but what determines those places?
Either

A: A "Wild Portal" or
B: Anywhere you've been before.

The former is pretty "energy free" the latter tires the Overlord or Guardian greatly. And mechanically speaking Overlords and Guardians have only been to the length and breadth of their own holdings as far as that goes.

• Arlaw Grellock

Preferred Equipment: Cyclops crafted plate armor, battleaxe, scimitar, punching dagger
    Gold: 1510

The Uniter: Drawing his forces from the many disparate clans and warriors who have migrated leagues to stand beside him Arlaw has the ability to keep these many groups in line and away from infighting and instead focused towards a singular goal of his conquest. Jockeying for position is rare within the forces and most disputes are settled swiftly.

Dark Beacon: Despite his origins and apparently more simple manner Arlaw attracts dispossessed and landless warriors who are travel to him and lay their blades at his feet. These men and women come from countless backgrounds and for various reasons but in the end all serve Arlaw and integrate into his ever growing army. Veterans and green soldiers regularly find their way into the Haerrell Savannah to fight against those who oppose Arlaw.

Physical
    [5]
    Magic
    [1]
    Command
    [5]
    Wealth
    [8]
    Influence
    [4]
    Dedication
    [7]
    Weapon Mastery III Curse Magic Cyclops Furs Wandering Greedy Trader Spirited Leadership
    Dirty Trickster   Gnolls Goblin Iron Public Executions Implacable Will
    Night-Sight   Harpies Orc Steel Water Rats Bloody Brotherhood
        Kobolds Small Lands Bandit Clan You Can't Kill the Messiah
        Drums of War Normal Lands   Dominator
          Big Lands   Self-Sufficient
          Bigger Lands   Wiser than he Looks
          Looitng Experts    
    Biography: Born the eldest son of a chieftain Arlaw was almost assured to ascend to his fathers position. Being a gnoll of the Haerrell Savannah though he still had to earn his right to take the reigns of the clan and even survive. They were harsh times on the Savannah with clans fighting each other, raiding and looting for what little resources were available. They would assault the caravans that they believed they could defeat and trade with those willing and powerful enough. The kobolds and humans were a constant threat in that time as well as well as potential targets. It was kill or be killed all across the Savannah friends were rare and enemies everywhere.

Arlaw imagined something different, where his clan did not face the risk of starvation every day, where they were no longer divided and weak, where if necessary he would keep everyone in line to strike out and seize the resources of the surrounding lands. It took time first though as he served under his father, proving himself against other clans and caravans. It was not until his father died in a raid against humans that he ascended to be chieftain slaying both warriors who came forth to challenge him for the position.

As chieftain he moved quickly to bring his dream of a unified force together striking out at former enemies in decisive battles. In the past when one clan completely overwhelmed another it wiped out the defeated clan taking slaves and butchering their foes. Arlaw instead brought all surviving males before him and told them that he could butcher them but instead gave them a chance to serve him instead. In only a few battles he had grown to the largest clan in memory. With such forces they could suddenly assault targets that they never could before and soon merely showing up would force clans to lay down their arms before him.

As High Chieftain he saw his dream nearly there when things suddenly jumped in an entirely new direction. With a few hundred men he assaulted a town when instead of fighting back the men laid down their weapons and stated they would serve him in return for protection. Never before had humans served a gnoll in the region but Arlaw saw that the humans could be a great resource, a stronger base than before. He had to range out further and further to find targets to raid for as word of him spread when he arrived at a location the warriors would lay down their arms to serve him. Even koboldsof the savannah came before him weapons at their sides with gifts of death to his enemies in return for the fortune he was amassing, the protection of his army, and the resources he commanded.

Caravans were one of the few targets he could still strike but they began to either surrender to him, pay dues, or go far about his lands even as he claimed more and more. Seeing his power he knew he needed to consolidate and so began to take the simple broken paths and form them into roads. When a human came to him showing him a map of the savannah with his domain shown, he set the man to the task of properly mapping everything that bowed to him. From even beyond the savannah men now came to him, hearing of his army and the power he commanded they came with gifts and knowledge putting themselves at his command and were put to use with their skills.

Naturally with such growing attention it was not long before local powers came to stop him, armies raised by cities marched against him, and in a single decisive battle were crushed in open fields where it was expected that the use of cavalry Arlaw lack would give the edge. Instead it merely gave the vaunted cavalry to him and revealed the weakness of the city of Kakado. Marshalling his entire army Arlaw marched to Kakado and forced every village and town to give him what they could. Looking upon the city with it's remaining forces it was clear to all assembled that Arlaw even outnumbered and lacking in many resources was destined to win. It was as though he was touched by the gods. The lord of the city fled from the army ranks and was dragged grovelling and begging as the disgusting wretch he was before Arlaw. He was promptly beheaded, his body tossed aside, rumor holding his corpse found its way into a kobold's stew.

The soldiers of the city swore themselves to Arlaw, a gnoll of the savannah, those who survived. Not all humans were so willing to accept their new lord and so a bloody harvest was held for any who refused service to their new lord. This wave of death radiated out from the city across lands new and old to Arlaw's domain were any who were disloyal found themselves dragged from their homes and beheaded in the streets. Not just humans but amongst the kobolds and even gnolls those who were not willing to declare themselves fully for Arlaw were beheaded in his name.

With a city sworn now to him it was once more time to consolidate threats were still posed, with lands now abutting the mountains harpies were raiding the villages for men, food, and anything of value. Ever the hands on leader he assembled an army to march into the mountains. Fighting harpies were they chose the battle he lost men to their ambushes and gained a growing respect for them and their capability, but all the same he would never turn back. Nothing had ever threatened him with defeat and today would not be the day that ended. Finally he forced them into a solid defense to keep him and his men away from their nesting grounds high in the mountains. There they fought ferociously sensing defeat but were no match in a straight fight even with the sky on their side. Eventually their queen was brought down, wounded she was captured and held up as a trophy before the harpies. This forced a lull in the fighting as the harpies withdrew to one last line of defense and other harpy wounded were rounded up. Arlaw informed the queen she was not to die as expected but instead would now serve him as his newest concubine in his harem. A queen would be a mighty trophy for him to bring back to his city.

This proclamation resulted in an offer of her own as she lay on the ground before him, her and hers would come to him willingly as she looked upon him with the hungry eyes well noted in her race. They needed the men of other races and the things he represented along with his power. Seeing another chance to add to his forces he accepted her offer, leading her to the harpies who stood ready to die at their nesting grounds to inform them they were to now bow before Arlaw and recognize him as their new lord. He liked that title she had used, 'Lord,' and so he took the title just as he took the harpy queen forcefully that night. It was not until month later he would learn she could never bear him a son, only harpies, something she found greatly amusing much too his chagrin.

With the harpies added to his forces now he knew he could utilize them as a new avenue never before used in warfare on the savannah. The port city of Baobab should have been a fierce battle for control. Instead as he marched his army towards it and harpies flew above the city men cowered in their homes and the lord of the city was stabbed by his generals. Once again those who would refuse their new lord were butchered, what was to be a tremendous battle was a massacre in the streets and barracks of the city.

A port suddenly and vastly expanded his power from far away soldiers who had heard of his growing might came to him. Knights and cyclops swore their blades and hammers to him while scholars and priests swore their knowledge to him. Planning to expand, to control, to rule, crews were sent out to find resources to mine for such would surely be needed. Roads were built and grew to extend his projection of power. When the roads reached the city of Sabona the leaders of the city knew what was to come and instead went to head it off. The lord of the city came with a single champion requesting that the Sabona champion fight one of Arlaw's choosing and that victory would result in Sabona being left free while their defeat would find the city under the control of Arlaw without further resistance. Naturally Arlaw accepted such favorable terms, most expected him to pick one of the cyclops battlesmiths to represent him if he did not pick himself. Instead though almost all were surprised when the queen of the harpies was chosen. As the champion of Sabona brought up his massive two-handed sword the harpy took off into the air and proceeded to simply throw javelins at him. The champion never even had a chance to swing at his foe for while no mortal blow was struck the champion's motions became more and more sluggish. Eventually the champion collapsed on the ground his breathing growing difficult and then ending. At this Arlaw congratulated the master poisoner of the kobolds for the success of his latest concoction.

The lord of Sabona was beside himself in fury but as was pointed out to him now rules had been broken and should he choose to not honor the agreement then such as had happened that day would happen a thousand times over when Sadona was visited. As was tradition when the forces of Arlaw marched into a new city those who would be a danger to the rule of Arlaw died in the streets an example to what would happen to any who would oppose the Lord of The Haerrell Savannah.
  • Haerrell Savannah
    Primary Land Type: Plains
    Secondary Land Type: Mountainous

Human Village x4: 80
    Gnoll Village x9: 180
    Cyclops Village x2: 40
    Harpy Village x4: 80
    Kobold Village x5: 100
    Town x6: 240
    Advanced Farm x34: 1020
    Great Mines x2: 80
    City x2: 200
    Port City: 110
    Dirt Roads: 10
    Cobblebone Road: 10

Lair:
    Fortress of Evil: 100
    Good Quality: 100
    Expanded Barracks x4: 100
    Torture Chambers: 25
    Dungeon: 25
    Wells x2: 100
    Meat Stores x2: 150
    Siege Engines: 100
    Alchemic Laboritories: 100
    Treasure Vault: 50
    Armory: 50
    Advanced Siege Engines: 100
    Large Smithy 50
  • Commanders

• Once a servant of an overlord in Scarazar he followed his master's dark wishes in plans to one day overthrow the ruleers of the nation and put an end to their useless and meaningless destruction and death. Instead he believed in a world that was united under a single ruler, a more perfect world where all men knew their place. This master was slain on the battlefield even as Darius slew one warrior after another trying to reach him. Taking the other survivors of his former master Darius knew he was no grand leader and travelled the world searching for one who shared what he envisioned.

Weapon Mastery 1
      Leader 1
      Armour Expert

• Once a member of the knightly orders of The Drahakan Empire he saw the wrongness of their ways and moved to change them. This brought him into conflict with others more powerful than him and when he refused to fall in line was declared and enemy and those who followed him sentenced to death. Escaping with only a handful of knights Ponthos realized how terrible the world was and knew he would need to craft the world himself by force to make it better. Believing he could manipulate a simple gnoll he came to meet with Arlaw only to find himself taken in by the gnoll lord and his dominating vision.

Weapon Mastery 1
      Tactician 1
      Ambush Expert 1

• A strange woman who's precise origin is unknown. She claims to have one day received dark visions from a god who's name she cannot speak traversing the lands guided by her visions she slowly gained a following from the disenchanted and downtrodden. Marching across the land she won a handful of battles against those who wished to recruit her and her men by force. When she reached the Haerrell Savannah her entire force was missed by the scouts and ran directly into Arlaw and the forces he led. Preparing for battle Jean marched out alone as though to treat, when she reached Arlaw she promptly knelt before him and declared him her master.

Weapon Mastery 1
      Dark Visions
      Dark Prophet

• When Arlaw declared himself lord the position of high chieftain became open with dozens of warriors clamoring for the position and each feeling they deserved it. A great moot was held between all human chieftains and it was agreed that a single great combat would be held. Any of the human tribes could submit themselves and withdraw at any time though would agree to swear to the winner of the great battle. At the next great moot the battle was held. Erskana put herself forth, the leader of only a small raiding band, it astonished all that when the battles commenced she took down all her foes without ever receiving a blow in kind. It took only a short time for all chieftains and all warriors of the human clans to agree to declare her the new High Chieftain.

Weapon Mastery 2
      Bezerker Rage 1

• After taking the title of Lord and his control growing Arlaw appointed Veroes commander of all gnolls. A fierce warrior, solid tactician, and one of the most loyal of his warriors. Veroes had everything that Arlaw was looking for in a warrior to lead the gnolls while he took the reigns of his growing territory.

Weapon Mastery 1
      Tactician 2

• Queen of the harpies she gained this position from her mother. A powerful hunter as is expected she has born many children from various men including one from Arlaw himself. She was taken for a short time as his concubine after her defeat in battle to his forces.

Martial Artist 2
      Leader 1
      Night-Sight

• High Chieftain of the kobolds he gained this position in clever manipulation at the moot. He utilized the fall of the cities to amass great wealth for his clan and aided in the moving of many kobolds from nomadic tribes into towns, cities, and even got many kobolds to take up farming as a more stable lifestyle. Using these ties and the wealth from them he bought his way into power. When a handful challenged his position in combat he revealed his last greatest trick, he was despite all appearances still one of the greatest swordsmen amongst his people.

Weapon Mastery 3

• Once the personal smith for a cyclops overlord in the Spire Kingdoms a coup by another captain resulted in a civil war breaking apart the overlord's lands. Rather than wasting his own followers in the pointless fighting he struck out with the handful of other cyclopes with him to the south. They traveled for some time before something drew him before Arlaw and saw his poor quality armor and weapons. Kuklo promised the gnoll overlord a blade like he had never seen before for in the gnoll he saw greatness. There would be no great infighting, no mutinies, no coup, for when Arlaw gazed upon you there was only greatness in his sight.

Weapon Mastery 3
      Ironskin
      Thunderous Strength
      Earth Magic
  • Troops
    Forces of Arlaw
    Humans Gnolls Harpies Kobolds Cyclops
    430 Swordsmen 1,040 Warriors 100 Hunters 500 Warriors 50 Warriors
    20 Axemen 1,010 Polearm Infantry
    Raiders
    200 Scouts 25 Battlesmiths
    200 Polearm Infantry 100 Warg Cavalry