OVERKILL: FIRST STRIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Magnus, sweetie, one of the Engineers at the base accidentally sabotaged by armor, could you take me to one of ours?"

I imagined a scenario where your armour malfunctioned and there was someone wounded up ahead, so Magnus gave you his, and you were just trying to fit into the huge thing. It was funny.

P.S.: When did this move to Scifi? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how long do we wait? Is this indefinite, or is there a time limit?

yeah, I wanna get this started, I still need to touch up my character.

Go, go, go! We're waiting ;) Jk, take your time. Quality over quantity, eh!

I imagined a scenario where your armour malfunctioned and there was someone wounded up ahead, so Magnus gave you his, and you were just trying to fit into the huge thing. It was funny.

P.S.: When did this move to Scifi? xD
Sweetheart, if someone was wounded, Scarlet would not be calling him "sweetie". There would be a lot of kicking, screaming, a bit of sobbing, calling people jackasses. She really loves the entire crew. Maternal instincts and such.

If it was just a shallow cut, say, from a thorn, she'd tell them to suck it up. If it was a deeper cut or a burn, she'd bandage it for you and kiss it so you get better.

If it's deep enough to make a fine scar later, she starts to freak out and starts running towards you so she can administer first aid.

If you lose a limb, she just breaks down in tears and throws down her gun to put the severed tissue in stasis while she reattaches it.

I disagree. There is very little to add the story. All he needs is a little capitalization, add a few skills that any G.I. would have and the generic personality of a sniper (which he can either stray from completely and make a very intriguing sniper, or stick to and play it safe), and completely restart the bio, which (keeping to Lord Roku's concept) would mean being born in a tube underground. I make it sound difficult, but it is very easy and quick to rewrite. Otherwise, I really like Bax. And think of a cooler nickname. To VerbalAbuse (it wasn't what Magnus said that hurt, but what he left unsaid), how do you think my character (whom I've labeled as a sadistic and jaded individual) would react to Scarlet? Would he accept her as an adoptive parent, or reject her "maternal instincts"? And Lord Roku, I mentioned the issue in yours and my characters. Do I fix it, do you, or do we all just ignore it?

Scarlet would be a bit off-put at first, but she would be damned and determined to get close to him. She understands that not all of the crew got treatment as good as she did. She sure as Hell won't try to defend the scientists, but she's not going to stop trying to get on that crotchety bastard's good side. Thus, it depends on how long they've known each other. If they've known each other for awhile, I think Jack would show his good side to her.

So, when do we kick off the RP? Several years into the war, with the whole squad knowing each other for a while? Do the juggernauts train together?

Name
Jerry

Appearance
Suited.

LMS___GABRIEL___UNLOADED_by_adonihs.jpg

Helmet off.

LMS_COVER_2___BOOK_IS_DONE_by_adonihs.jpg

Jerry stands at a somewhat average six feet and two inches of height, holding up his head on a well built body, the outcome of years and years of intense body training to become the perfect killing machine. His face is as average as it can get. Dark brown, expressing eyes, and matching in colour, messy hair that Jerry never tends to comb. His manly nose tones aggressively the muscular jaws, that finish up the amazingly offensive look of a killer.

Class
Throughout years of training, Jerry has aquired general knowledge about killing efficiently and effectively. But specialization is what makes a soldier part of the team. As such, he managed to get the rep as a master engineer - trained to blast matter down to ashes, and watch as the enemy burns into the explosive surprises that an engineer can pack on the battlefield.

Skills
Gunslinger, verified sharpshooter, deadly and inhumane accurate with any kinds of firearms. Enhanced biological structure boosts his endurance to abnormal levels, and same goes for strength and stamina. Specially bred to survive into the heat of battle, Jerry has received engineering that boosts his regeneration, allowing his body to recover from wounds faster than the average soldier.

Weapon Preference
Michael and Lucifer, dual wielded, custom made thirteen milimeter pistols of the fiftyinth caliber. Gas powered, fed from eight round magazines, these two pack all the punch Jerry needs to put some more holes into enemy shells. A fifteen inch long titanium blade, sleathed within a matching in colour steel case, finishes up the touch of primary weaponry that Jerry brings on the battlefield. The setup is rounded up with three Heat Grenades that set off jets of mercury on impact, plastic explosive satchels, two standard issue stainless steel, ultra sharp steel knifes, and a bad of skittles for instant sweet pleasure, for whenever the need for chocolate calls.

Personality
Vicious madman, psychopath, and a killer. That is Jerry, summed up in three terms. Killing is not his job - it is his pleasure. That was the reason he enlisted to the unit in the first place. Enduring the worst of conditions is not a problem - he can withstand plenty of hits before being wounded, and return even more during the blood rage that usually follows. During the times Jerry is not psyched about killing, probably when he is not deployed on the field, he can be a rather interesting person to talk to, always willing to share some new gruesome story that he has caught upon the battlefield. They said that he used to love some woman once. That was, until she was found dead some day in the past. Jerry's mental condition has worsened since then, and sometimes he can be heard stuttering about the girl that he once was determined to. Apart from killing, Jerry also likes going to the movies, and assembling old World War II airplanes.

Biography
Tragic past ain't a thing that Jerry has to tell. He was born under... the most suitable of conditions. Raised in a decent family environment, he grew to be an ace student excelling at his studies, aiming for engineering studies after he was done with high school. A young man full of passion for life, dreams, and a flame burning in his heart, a spirit determined to succeed in a crude, crude world. A world that doesn't welcome idealists anymore.
All of his hopes, were crushed, just one year after he had finished high school and enrolled into university. The warrant flames of an economic crisis that crippled the nation, and among the victims happened to be, his very own, dear family. Unable to spend any money on even more tuition fees, Jerry dropped out of the university that he managed to enter after years and years of hard studies, and joined in the military in hope of a good payment for a cheap cause. Might not have been the best years of his life those he spent enlisted, but they do marked the entire lifetime stories that he gets to tell to his comrades.
By the age of twenty five, though, he had found the one, true love of his life. A girl that he was such in love with, that they would have, indeed, get married, have children, have a life. Until that one person he loved the most, was found dead, just one week following to their engagement. People say this was the factor that played the biggest part in his... insanity issues.
Unable to fully recover from the loss of his fiance, Jerry soon abandoned all hope he had on the life outside of the camp, and dedicated himself into becoming better and better at the arts and crafts of war. Seizing the opportunity to become even more, he was deployed in a number of battlefields around the world. And in the heat of the battle, killing your target before he kills you was the first priority of a soldier. It helped keep Jerry's memories locked away. The thrill of the kill, soon replaced sadness, the hollow parts that were left behind were now flood by the amusement of spreading death. Soon enough, Jerry became a living, breathing killing machine.
And then... he enlisted for the Juggernaut program. And I do believe you know the rest better than I do.

Kind of a lazy bio but it's 2 AM right here and I'm quite drunk.

Nadrojo, you've got a serious threat here. Even though I liked being the insane one.....

Watch Dog is in. Just need to change up the origin a bit. Remember everyone, we're tank-bred. You don't have a family, nor a life, outside of the project that made you.

But if he rewrites his origin, then what drives him insane? Also (to VerbalAbuse, who seems to be able to predict quite a bit of this story) how well would the team function with two insane members? Not that I disapprove of the choice. I'm definitely liking Jerry and his drunkard creator.

Name: Cyrus Days
Appearance:
Armor
scoutsniper.jpg
No Armor
thumb.jpg
Class: Sniper
Skills:
  • Remarkable aim
  • Skilled with a knife
  • Excels in hand to hand combat
  • Stealthyyyyyyy
Weapon Preference:
L00RN PC7 Sniper Rifle w/Attachable Silencer
Null Revolver w/Attachable Knife
Personality:
Cyrus shows sign of remarkable intelligence that he masks with displays of insane and childish behavior. His behavior is considered erratic, as he is sometimes very sociable and, at other times, very secluded. He is usually dead serious, frighteningly so in fact, about his work. Despite all this, he never hurts his teammate/friends (who he sometimes refers to as 'sheep'.) Although he does occasionally show signs of extreme sadism, mutilating corpses unnecessarily and taking extreme pleasure in torturing hostages or survivors.
Biography:
Cyrus was bred from a mix of the Juggernaut program stream and the genes of a psychopathic Assassin, who was considered the best hitman the world has ever seen in an attempt to create a toned down, yet still remarkable hitman for the program. Unfortunately, he showed signs of insanity very early on in the program.

However, he was excellent as his work, and he seemed to always do as told, never lashing out at his team. His team treat him in turn with a certain amount of respect and fear, because despite his off putting habits, he is the best at what he does.

EDIT: I seem to have brought too much insanity to the table. Oops. I ain't takin' it back,

I have a feeling our characters will be good friends, given you are accepted.

*Pinches the bridge of his nose* I have too many soldiers trying to be the creepy, psychopath

But if he rewrites his origin, then what drives him insane? Also (to VerbalAbuse, who seems to be able to predict quite a bit of this story) how well would the team function with two insane members? Not that I disapprove of the choice. I'm definitely liking Jerry and his drunkard creator.
Given my High School level education in psychology, I'd say that it would be a great hinderance to the team, unless directed correctly, such as with Scarlet. Thus, as long as a semblance of sanity is shown or at least constructed in between missions, the team should function correctly. Psychotic members are recommended for Assaults, Diversions, and generally making noise, and thus should be considered for such in splits.

Each would need someone to use as a hold on reality, an anchor. Scarlet can function as such very well, but she's just one girl. I recommend that the more sane team members try to make friends with the psychopaths so that someone can hold them down when they lose it.

Also, with the sniper submitted by guybombaa, we should be able to get this show on the road.

EDIT: Mr. V, I hope you don't mind, but I shall now proceed to ship Scarlet and Jack in my mind, and potentially try to get them close enough in the story. Sorry.

*Pinches the bridge of his nose* I have too many soldiers trying to be the creepy, psychopath
1. Is that you denying my app?
2. You can never have too many psychopaths, except in an RP about perfectly sane people.
3. But my character isn't unstable like the others, he's JUST creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.