OVERKILL: FIRST STRIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baxter's unapproved because he's simply unapproved. His CS needs work

By "Technically approved" I mean that circumstances indicate approval, though it is not explicitly stated

Wait really that's cool

I was just using good sense to help the others, I feel privileged now

Yay! Wait, I have to answer to a small canid now? Damn. But yay, fox is second-in-command! So (this considering we get a sniper), when would we start doing this, would this be on a new page, and HOW DOES THIS WORK?

Also, I think there was another sniper submission or two back on the previous post. What about them?

If they didn't answer to the notice, then I can't force them too. And no, Odd is not approved.

Sooooooo. How long do we wait? Clearly, since we have two assaults, we're not following the rules of squads here.

Actually, having an extra unit can be very handy.

An extra Assault makes for a faster strike, making them a swifter and all around more dependable Fireteam.

An extra Support means that the enemy is heavily oppressed at all times, as the two can either take turns suppressing a corridor while they reload, or both can protect all sides in the open. Essentially, the squad becomes a tank.

An extra Medic means that the team can afford to split up into even smaller groups, for example, a stealth and diversion team, or a direct and indirect assault team. Considering that a Medic's presence improves the chances of survival drastically, this allows one to worry less about splitting up for tactical advantages.

An extra Sniper can either cover another angle to pick off any units the first one cannot, or work as counter-sniper for the first sniper, improving survivability of the unit as a whole, and making missions much faster, able to assassinate targets as long as they're above ground.

An extra Engineer also allows the squad to split up, since an Engineer can easily jury rig repairs for a hard suit or power armor, bringing it back to peak condition as opposed to simple repairs which anyone can perform in order to keep their power armor functional. Thus, two Engineers can save the split teams a few grazes and keep them from taking too many bullets, as well as repairing a certain cocky Medic's power armor if she falls over due to malfunction. Having an extra Engineer also ensures that they don't run out of explosives, for car bombing, breeching, or what have you.

Oh, and I guess since I'm explaining tactical shit, let's go over Power Armor and Hard Suits as I understand them, and Lord Roku can correct me for balancing issues.

Power Armor is heavy and durable. This can often destroy the chances for stealth, unless the feet are specially padded, and even then, a power armor user must watch their step. However, Power Armor also turns units into a living tank. It's durability comes in three levels - Power Level, and two Hardsuit Levels which are used up after the power level is used, resulting in malfunction and most soldiers - save for a few brutish supersoldiers - falling over and becoming immobile, unable to help themselves or others, and requiring a fellow unit to restore their Power Level. A non-Engineer could restore the Power Level halfway, but can't help the Hardsuit Levels. An Engineer, however, could completely restore all three levels if given a few seconds and some scrap metal.

Hardsuits are light to medium weight, and while stronger than a regular soldier's armor, and able to take a headshot, It's not as durable as power armor. They often use Carbon, Polymer, or light metals to plate the suit, keeping the wearer safe and sound. Hardsuits have a single level of armor for lighter troops, and two levels for medium units, always being Hardsuit levels. Since Hardsuits aren't ungodly heavy like Power Armor, the only thing a Hardsuit user has to worry about is getting a hole punched in their armor. Hardsuit users are always on the move, running and gunning, or staying in hiding and taking their enemy out stealthily, or from afar.

Assault troops are usually better in Power Armor or Medium Hardsuits, since they're often the tip of the spear, moving quickly and striking swiftly. Power Armor users will need training, but Hardsuit users can use infiltration tactics instead.

Support units are recommended to use Power Armor, the heaviest available, in fact. This is due to the fact that, while they're meant to keep the enemy suppressed and keep the squad from taking fire, the enemy always has the ability to shoot blind, and probably will. Support units should be able to be shot by a tank and still be functional, whereas most other Power Armor users would malfunction.

Medics should use Power Armor of their choosing. They need to be able to get close to their allies, and they need more than guns for that. A medic should hopefully be able to either get to their fallen comrades in cover, or drag them to cover for medical administration. This takes time.

Snipers should use Light Hardsuits so that they can get to a vantage point quietly, and since they're not going to be under too much fire, and at the same time, they may need to get up close like a classical assassin and infiltrate the perimeter, blade in hand, ready to slit throats.

Engineers should use light varieties of Power Armor, or Medium Hardsuits, so that way, they won't be too debilitated by Power loss. If the Engineer uses lighter Power Armor, they'll have an easier time lifting it to repair themselves, and thus, be able to repair others. They can avoid worrying about it in the first place by using a Hardsuit.

Roku, tell me if this all sounds acceptable to you, this is just a silly explanation of things I think I understand.

You're pretty spot on actually. I just based the use of armor as they use in the Halo Universe. Whether it's Heavy or light, you're moving at the speed you were trained to move.

Did anyone else spot the reference to my own character when I was explaining tactical advantages of having extra units?

No, actually. I haven't checked out your character. Sorry. So, my guy should use Power armor (from what I understand is essentially a shield) and Medium Hard armor? Also, can someone explain to me exactly how we do this role-play thing? I'm really new to this site and the concept.

Also, I noticed that Daniel "Blaze" Robinson's profile states he is "youngest of the team". I have also noticed that when compared to Danny-boy, I've got the youngest character. Since it is Lord Roku's thing, I'm willing to update and re-post if he deems it necessary. Whatever you guys say.

And I wouldn't say that the Power Level is a shield, it's a functioning threshold. When you lose the Power Level, your Power Armor would lose its power and become immobile. Your character would have to be pretty damn strong to lift even lighter Power Armors, although I think Magnus could pull it off in his armor.

I'll just break it down for people who are still confused.

PHYSICAL ENHANCEMENTS

All soldiers have the same physical ability, just some have it better than others. The following traits are common in every soldier.

• 15x Stronger Skeleton
  • Muscle Increase
  • 300% Increased Reflexes
  • Better Eyesight and perception
  • Boosted Tissue Growth
  • Lactase Recovery Decrease
  • Heightened Memory, Intelligence, and Creativity.
POWER ARMOR

Power armor is similar, but varied. While all are different in type, they are all manufactured similarly.

• Brain-Linked Reactive Circuits
  • Force-Multiplying Circuits
  • Titanium Alloy Plating
  • Heat Resistant
  • Motion Trackers
  • 5 Second Recharging Energy Shields
  • Weight: 1000lbs
Any questions?

So essentially, that means that Scarlet could still lift more, even outside of her armor, than a regular human, despite her diminutive frame?

Correct. Your armor is just that, armor. Energy powers your circuits and motion trackers, and that's all.

I still highly doubt Scarlet could lift a 1k lbs, but Considering muscle enhancements, 500 sounds reasonable. 800 tops.

Yup. Magnus could probably carry one person in armour whilst he is outside his. Should be able to give someone a boost if he's got his armour helping him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.