Overcoming Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm sorry, drug addict? Having morphine when you're injured doesn't make you a drug addict, that's why there's a controlled dosage. You can't up it very high." Lacey explained, her eyes narrowing on the clicker on the other side of the bed, tempted to slide over there and hit it for her if Avery continued to refuse. The blonde sighed in order to calm herself down, eying the girl once more. "Not to sound corny or anything, but Avery...you've got to give yourself a break. Honestly."

Avery's gaze lowered as she looked at her hands, one of which was bandaged. "I... I can't. I've got to have some kind of punishment... or I feel like I'm going to crack under pressure. If I don't have a constant ache of pain somewhere in my body, my brain starts doing weird things, and I faint and start rambling with fear... I end up in horrible panic attacks because my mind can finally focus on something else than the pain. I don't even know... what I can do anymore.." She clenched her hands so roughly that a little amount of blood showed in her palms from her nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.